SEG looking for girl singers

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
lol..by dramatic, i thot yalls was talking about sumthin else...like bitchy n snooby kinda dramatic

but when u sing, that's wat u HAVE to do..it's called feeling the song...lol n if u dont feel the song, then ur not gonna sing it rite....

lol..it's like ur supposed to be singin a sad song, but ur smiling...LMAO! lol...whatever the song is about, u have to match it's emotions to get it sung rite...

hopefully i made sense...

wow seems like ur dramatic there...using all the lol...n caps...:D...chow...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
wat up with that...they're all going to be the av band...so r u in there or wat..ur like concerning so much about it..lol...
true...
lol..i was jus answerin another person's post about what the other member was sayin...lol i think u've got the wrong person lol...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
wow seems like ur dramatic there...using all the lol...n caps...:D...chow...
i use the lol cuz it does mean laughing out loud...iono bout u but i find everyone's post funny..gotta have some sense of humor and the caps are for emphasis so people don't get the wrong idea

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
bump bump bump.

so, how are things going SEG???
any girls casted yet????

i just like music in general, and i just want to know how this goes.

you cant find the group that will propel straight to awesomeness,
but you can find a group that knows how to grow.

i mean, just take what you got and build off of it.
solo artist, duo, trio, start somewhere.
im sure you know this, but im just saying.

any girl in hur try out????

share more people!! shaaaaarrrrre!!!

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
wow look SEG...your topic is getting weird...people are just saying idiot stuff and is so off topic..good thing that i shut up for awhile. Now there are even crazy people than me...lol..heheh...im better...j/k
well im trying to say here is that have u find someone yet? if not then, just wait til new year...there probably alot of fine girls performing in.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
wow look SEG...your topic is getting weird...people are just saying idiot stuff and is so off topic..good thing that i shut up for awhile. Now there are even crazy people than me...lol..heheh...im better...j/k
well im trying to say here is that have u find someone yet? if not then, just wait til new year...there probably alot of fine girls performing in.

topic getting weird? idiot stuff?

*** lmao @@ nkaujhmoob08

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
bump bump bump.

so, how are things going SEG???
any girls casted yet????

i just like music in general, and i just want to know how this goes.

you cant find the group that will propel straight to awesomeness,
but you can find a group that knows how to grow.

i mean, just take what you got and build off of it.
solo artist, duo, trio, start somewhere.
im sure you know this, but im just saying.

any girl in hur try out????

share more people!! shaaaaarrrrre!!!
OK..this is going to be long…lol…..but I just needed to clarify a few points in case people take my words out of contex again………and in case I don’t come back in for a while….

Hey thanks for the support Lady-Sati and Nkaujmoob08…you know….people ask me why I post in forums instead of holding actual auditions for singers…lol…done that already, it didn’t work. Its like what Monstaness says….these singers…they want it but when you finally offer it then they’re like “I don’t know�…lol…

Anyhow…I post on the internet because even though most people may snicker and laugh at me for it…I do get PM’s all the time from others who are truly interested. Hey..that’s how I found all members of AV….. and my latest group PC inKorporated…lol…..

And to answer some of you….I am NOT looking for “beautiful people�!!!…lol… I think both Ladi-Sati and nkaujmoob08 are with me on this …I or “we� were merely stating the fact that looks have a lot to do with how people will perceive a group or person. Most of us who are older and wiser will go for the vocals, but majority of the younger crowd will go for the looks. Honestly…lets put it this way…if you walked pass a booth and there are two posters (keep in mind…you know nothing about these artists on the posters regardless if they are Hmong…American..Korean..Japanese …whatever…)….one with a fine looking guy or girl….the other with a not so hot looking guy/girl…..which would you stop to look at? Or…ask to hear their music...? I for one will admit that I am guilty of looking at the good looking people and asking to buy their CD/DVD before ever considering the other two. Granted….the good looking people may not have the best vocals while the other two have the best ones….but I still did not give them a chance because of appearances….. we’re all guilty at one time or another so lets just admit that we all have prejudices…weather intended or not….

….and about finding people who has “the package�, it will be really hard because I havn’t seen any Hmong kid who could pull that off yet. The “package� meaning….that the artist can sing , dance, and have the look. I have seen many who has had the two out of the three….some can sing and dance, but lack the looks….some has the looks and can sing but can’t dance..lol….some can dance and have the look but can’t sing very well…lol…. I am not perfect so I don’t expect my artists to be perfect. The most important quality to me is their desire to succeed, their willingness to learn and their ability to take criticism.

I stress desire…because if they don’t want it bad enough it will never go anywhere. I don’t know how other producers are, but at SEG we all work hard…..and its even harder when all you have are just weekends to cram everything in. Our current Saturday schedules consists of trying to fit in vocal lessons….shootings for MV’s all day and then running off to the studio to record from 6pm to 11pm. That’s a lot of sacrificing. This means that AV is at SEG from Friday night until late Sunday afternoon. They don’t even get to see their families and friends on the weekends. They don’t even make it home on Saturday nights…lol….they are there either acting, singing, traveling to shows, writing lyrics or trying to catch some zzz’s when its not their turn…lol… on the weekdays they all have schools and jobs that they need to be at …loads of homework to complete and endless chores at home and could easily have gone out with their friends on the weekends, but instead have chosen to sacrifice all the parties and being with friends for their love of the arts. They’re just lucky we havn’t added dancing to the agenda for now….As far as PC inK is concerned…one is expected to travel every other weekend via AMTRAK to Fresno to join the other to practice until they can go into recording. Amtrak from L.A. to Fresno is a five hour ordeal and is not a fun ride. Not only that , both boys have tons of homework and side jobs, but they’re sacrificing their weekends to do what they have to do to get to where they want to be. Its tough…..people can talk all the trash they want, but unless they walk that walk they will never know how hard it is.

And for us directors/producers…our work is never done…..we have to worry about editing our current film…..planning the days events, picking up the artists who need rides….finding capable actors, sitting with our artists and making sure our singers sing the lyrics properly and correctly, correcting their tones, pitches and whatever they’re off at , …. planning and locating where to shoot, securing the locations….the wardrobes, promotions, our talents homework’s, their safety, making sure all train/bus tickets are purchased and waiting for them when they get to the stations….then checking on them to make sure they’ve arrived at their destinations safely…. making sure all lessons are paid for and that all talents attend on time….and the meals..what to feed them….whew!!!! And did I forget…arguing with them over dress codes and idiotic stuff…lol….yea…they know we love them and so they love to stress us out just for kicks…lol….…

BUT…through it all…we are not even sure if our talents will be liked. It’s a risk that we’re taking and that is why I say that if you’re not serious then we are not for you. This will be your schedule if we sign you, so if you think that you will not be able to handle this then its best if you don’t waste your time with us. I don’t think that I am expecting too much from anyone, its just the nature of the business. Either you want it or you don’t….there is no gray area.

I stress criticism …..because if they cannot take criticism then they’re not ready to be in this business. It’s a tough business where you are putting your face and talent out there for everyone to see…fail or succeed, its their faces ( they’ve got to be able to take it when people walk up to their faces and say unpleasant things), learn from it and move on. No regrets. Whatever is done is done and you can’t change it so no use regretting…lol….in addition there are people that you just can’t please no matter what you do anyways…….so the best thing is to take all the criticism, learn from it and turn it into something positive for the future.

I stress the willingness to learn…because we can give them the resources but if they don’t want to learn and improve themselves then there is no point in going into this business.

I also don’t think that people who haven’t walked the walk should talk that talk because they don’t really know how hard it is to do what we do. I am sure that by being related to singers Lady Sati….you’re probably thrown into the midst’s of their problems as well…lol…so you know how tough it is and how hard it is to do what we do….and the reasons why I say what I say. Its not because I talk the talk but isn’t willing to walk the walk…… but sometimes that road you’re walking on is full of so many holes and unexpected obstacles that you can only do what you can. What I have learn in this business is that artists are some of the biggest FLAKES… I never take anyone serious unless I know them and their work ethics.. I’ve been screwed over so many times…I can write a book on it…lol…and the sad thing about it is that I will never talk bad about these past talents regardless of how much trash they talk about us to others…they know who they are and what they did so its all good …but they can rest assure that neither myself or any of my talents will ever talk trash about them to anyone. “WHATEVER HAPPENS IN SEG…STAYS IN SEG�…..we will not do what some of them have been continuously doing to us on the forums..or various websites. …and we know…because its only obvious…lol….anyone who’s been with us knows the truth and so whatever… …karma is a bitch…….

I have never claimed to be the best and is very humbled that I am even able to do this at all. And in the end…. I am only a storyteller/lyricist trying to breathe life to my films and voices to my lyrics. I am not expecting everyone to like my films/music because all I’m trying to do is tell a story the best way that I can under circumstances that may not be the greatest.

Despite all the negatives, we do get a lot of positives. Some people absolutely hated our drama and songs while others thought it was the best thing to happen…lol…so go figure… but like I said, if you support us we will forever be grateful and try not to disappoint ….but if you don’t then its your prerogative.

Oh…and to answer your question Lady-Sati…lol…. I did get a few pm’s and is getting their vocals through soundclick. If I like what I hear then I will have AV and PC inKorporated listen in to see what they think….I value all my artists opinions greatly due to the fact that I would like them to all work on projects together in the future. However, in the end …it has always been my intuitions that has brought me some of my best talents….and so therefore, at times I will pick whom I feel will be best for SEG.

However, at this point in time…we’re still very busy with the second installment of the drama….trying to get AV recorded and shooting their music video , getting PC inK ready for their debut …..and trying to finish writing up a third script. I also hope to have a booth at SAC new year to sign up more actors, but I highly doubt it because I think I really need a break!!! lol…… I feel like I’ve been on a roller coaster for the past two years with no brakes and if I don’t stop and take time out , I’m going to crash and burn…..lol…. SO I am not even planning on attending anything until Fresno New Year. If I do, it will be for pure enjoyment!!!!

frog

sarNie Egg
^ SEG, have you take a look at the marketing strategy of SM Town and JYP or DSP which managed some of the hottest group in the Korean entertainment business?

I would just to let you know that from reading what you've wrote about, it sounds like you are managing your newfound talent similarly to the way these companies handled their and that's a good thing because you need to polish--train them up before you release them to the public.

All those trainings/lessons that they received will paid off in the end if they decided to stick to it to the very end. I believe that if anyone really want anything bad enough, and are willing to set all their energy into it and do their best then they will accomplish what they wanted in the end.

I have faith in you and your company. It will only get better and bigger as long as you guys work hard and do your best on movies or music.

We do need to start somewhere and I'm glad that you're one of those people that are starting the journey toward a better future.

One question:
Are the directors you hired to work on your movies or music videos very good at what they're doing?
You should also consider finding new ones and adding them to your lists so that it will only grow and grow and be better and better

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
^ SEG, have you take a look at the marketing strategy of SM Town and JYP or DSP which managed some of the hottest group in the Korean entertainment business?

I would just to let you know that from reading what you've wrote about, it sounds like you are managing your newfound talent similarly to the way these companies handled their and that's a good thing because you need to polish--train them up before you release them to the public.

All those trainings/lessons that they received will paid off in the end if they decided to stick to it to the very end. I believe that if anyone really want anything bad enough, and are willing to set all their energy into it and do their best then they will accomplish what they wanted in the end.

I have faith in you and your company. It will only get better and bigger as long as you guys work hard and do your best on movies or music.

We do need to start somewhere and I'm glad that you're one of those people that are starting the journey toward a better future.

One question:
Are the directors you hired to work on your movies or music videos very good at what they're doing?
You should also consider finding new ones and adding them to your lists so that it will only grow and grow and be better and better
that's very true. it does sound like SEG is creating their own entertainment business. how i c it is like Wonder Girls from JYP(my fav is Sunmi, she's hot)..lol but yea, they're only 16-19 and they sing, dance, practice, record, film, and all of them go to school. their schedules are really jam-packed. however, they still manage to sing and get albums out because they are devoted to music.

if no one has ne devotion, they will have go goals...

as for me, im going to college to soon later get a Ph.D. and i decided this my sophomore year of high school. I doubt that ne one my age decided their whole life by their sophomore year. Since then, i have studied hard, gotten good grades, applied to good colleges, and gotten a lot of awards and scholarships at graduation. this is the devotion i think SEG is talking about.

I wanted to get a better life in the future and to be able to support my own family, and this is my motivation. that's y i got a full-ride to college and seeing how people say they struggle to pay for college, i dont have to worry about that. i've done my part in high school and now i am being rewarded for it in college.

only those who apply themselves and challenge themselves will go sumwhere. those who quit easily will not..

lol...well this is my story..lol u guys probably didnt want to read it, or ask what this has to do with ne thing, but my point is that those who are devoted will succeed...

ok. no more...lol

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
lol....u juss seem very stressful seg...calm ur self...ur message to us sarnies is very long...i have to skim through it...
mongstaness...a P.H.D.....ohh...wow....cool....nice.....--i'm ready for my diploma...:D....

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
lol....u juss seem very stressful seg...calm ur self...ur message to us sarnies is very long...i have to skim through it...
mongstaness...a P.H.D.....ohh...wow....cool....nice.....--i'm ready for my diploma...:D....
lol..yep, PhD. and hopefully i get it in 8yrs. so by the time i am a doctor, i will only be 26...n i dont have to be one of those really really old asian doctors..lol but yea.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
so how old r u now...??? 18...17...or..19...i thought ur like going for ur phd......like already done with master...