❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
Lol even Pope thought Bella should have been made to look older. He found it too difficult to see her as his mother. :pancarta: Roughly from how he said it, it seemed like the director and Bella disagreed with him.

At this point I think this drama captures too much attention that there are too many comments saying too many things. And it’s impossible to please everyone. Like there are people who think that the theme song sounds too much like a song from Inuyasha. Which I can hear the similarity in the hook, but both songs are different.

I also don’t expect this to be as popular as BPS because BPS’s success was on another level. But I think PL is worth making and supporting. Historically I don’t think this period is as dramatic King Narai’s reign. I didn’t read the novel but I sense that the scriptwriter had to adapt the script to add more of the history/culture bits and create drama. Because unlike Ketsurang, Puttan is a commoner. The drama that can be made from the gardening/farming home scenes will make it like a typical period lakorn, whereas one of the charms of BPS is in the history bits which added drama and dimension in a romantic comedy.

I mean, I didn’t think Thong Ek was that good but it did well enough to warrant a sequel. Mor Luang didn’t do as well but it is still one of Ch3’s most successful dramas this year. So if Ch3 didn’t try hard to make PL as big as it could possibly be, especially after the movie’s huge success, then they really shouldn’t be in this industry. Lol

bit

sarNie Adult
The history after King Narai was actually more dramatic, Got character, King Seua was a colorful character eventhough he only rules for very short time. But it’s not in a good way so not sure if they want to potray that part of King Suea, since Thais are a bit conservative when it comes to their King’s character.

Then theres the fight for throne afterwards since King Suea is not very much like and being the second in line from different house from King Narai. There is a lot of power struggle.

So I think the historical part would be much interesting compared than just focusing on Falcon character arc in BPS.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Yes that censorship regarding royal family is one reason that makes shooting period dramas harder. BPS already tried to make their potrayals of Luang Sorasak and Phra Petracha as objective/neutral as possible. So the hint of their ruthlessness is conveyed but balanced by their an interpretation of their intention that is more noble.

The biggest challenge about ancient Southeast Asian history (all countries in this region) is the lack of available records. If sources exist, most that survive are Western sources. And there is a high degree of bias in the sources so historians work is pretty challenging to figure out actual events.

I think PL can be interesting because of Pope & Great’s characters. In the character descriptions that Ch3 released, Rit is described as brave, cheerful, smiling, full of plans and is the troublemaker of the house. LOL That’s how his character takes after his mum, I guess. Reung is the calm, honest, serious one taking after the dad. Great’s character is humble and likes to disguise himself amongst the commoners. So I guess this is how this gang’s storyline can make the show interesting.

Other than all the palace conflicts/succession disputes.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Phet & Ohm speaking about their characters and experience working on this lakorn:

LOL at Phet saying everyone has problems with their knees cos of their age.

bit

sarNie Adult
Singapore one is more on the comedic side as that’s what attract people to watch it, not so much on the continuation from BPS or Phrom Likhit story from the author since the book itself is not known to most people outside Thailand.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Singapore one is more on the comedic side as that’s what attract people to watch it, not so much on the continuation from BPS or Phrom Likhit story from the author since the book itself is not known to most people outside Thailand.
Yes, exactly. Also, Thailand will push the PB koojin more since their fan base is huge.

Yeah the show is on air Tue-Wed for the first 2 weeks, then Mon-Wed for the rest. The show has more eps, most of their actors cast, and likely will be the channel’s biggest drama this year so might as well milk as much of the airtime as possible. Thai viewers need to prepare for the ads like last time lol.