❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

bit

sarNie Adult
But if evil Karaket side of Puttan comes out at the beginning to middle of the drama (like that scene with Mae Klin being whipped) it’s still understandable. What is the point of putting this at this point in the drama?!

Exactly, but now that we can see both of them have fallen in love we have these in their way. Crap, Puttan now has to:
  • fight Khunying Champa,
  • rescue Mae Klin,
  • go back to learn about her past life with Rid,
  • get closure in present day with her aunt,
  • Come back to consciousness to be with Rid only to go into the palace?!
The only viewers watching this now are watching it to support the actors, especially Pope Bella. But it didn’t have to be this way. And what is the point of working both of them hard to carry this show when their characters don’t make sense? You make it feel like no matter how smart pra’nang are or how hard they try, things beyond their control will be against them. Then what’s the point of trying?

On Twitter the character of Rid is being criticised for being passive and not being willing to fight compared to Puttan. He’s generally quiet at work. But I think viewers forget he’s a man in that era.
  1. His karma with Puttan makes him have natural instinct for loyalty towards the king over his love.
  2. Defying the king is a serious offence that would lead not only him be punished, but implicate his family.
  3. He’s a junior official at work. His opinion doesn’t have a lot of weight.
  4. The king has shown that he has a tendency to be impulsive. And his impulse can lead to lives lost.
Now they have to resolve all these in the last 4 episodes of the drama. On top of how Rid will get out of marrying Prae Jin, and In will marry Prang.

My mind explodes just thinking of all this.
Rid is going to be in the exact same spot he was 1000 years before. So it’s going to show either he is going to repeat his mistake or try to fix it.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Rid is going to be in the exact same spot he was 1000 years before. So it’s going to show either he is going to repeat his mistake or try to fix it.
That seems evident. But I still think the script is dumb. What’s the point of stacking all the obstacles one on top of another only to clear them out at one go at the end? I would have cleared the Mae Klin one earlier cos we definitely didn’t need her for half the story, including about her and Mu Song’s wives.

also, I think in the novel, the king didn’t bestow Prae Jin as his royal wife? If he defies that order alone it’s a huge problem. And basically his grandma is implicated as a liar. From our modern viewpoint, if he had spoken up to the king at this point, the point of the king calling Puttan into the palace might not happen.

Now on top of that order, Puttan is called into the palace. To fight for her Rid would have to challenge the king basically on a scale of defiance like a rebellion. I already saw the spoilers and of course all the pictures we’ve seen showed a happy ending. But at this point I feel like the scriptwriter really hates Rid. I’ve tried to give the script the benefit of the doubt from the beginning to end and I must say he has really not been portrayed well.

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
That seems evident. But I still think the script is dumb. What’s the point of stacking all the obstacles one on top of another only to clear them out at one go at the end? I would have cleared the Mae Klin one earlier cos we definitely didn’t need her for half the story, including about her and Mu Song’s wives.

also, I think in the novel, the king didn’t bestow Prae Jin as his royal wife? If he defies that order alone it’s a huge problem. And basically his grandma is implicated as a liar. From our modern viewpoint, if he had spoken up to the king at this point, the point of the king calling Puttan into the palace might not happen.

Now on top of that order, Puttan is called into the palace. To fight for her Rid would have to challenge the king basically on a scale of defiance like a rebellion. I already saw the spoilers and of course all the pictures we’ve seen showed a happy ending. But at this point I feel like the scriptwriter really hates Rid. I’ve tried to give the script the benefit of the doubt from the beginning to end and I must say he has really not been portrayed well.

The script writer did not understand the assignment.

I wished we got more sub story of the siblings

In BPS - we got sub story of the supporting characters...weaving together

nat12

sarNie Adult
The script writer did not understand the assignment.

I wished we got more sub story of the siblings

In BPS - we got sub story of the supporting characters...weaving together
Me too! I would rather get more of the siblings story than Mae Klin and her tantrums!

On SSBT yesterday Pope said that while shooting the drama they didn’t know how it would end. When I heard it I was like - what? Is this why the script doesn’t make sense?? He’s really not good at promoting hahaha. While Bella is the opposite. She’s a good promoter who tried to present that unpredictability as something for viewers to anticipate.

I wonder if as @bit said before, Pope has been keeping quiet because he’s too disappointed with his character arc. I can’t blame him if he is.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Yesterday, it seemed like there was a party for PL… but when the pix came out it was confusing cos most the actors and even the director wasn’t there. So I guess it wasn’t a wrap party as most initially thought… just a gathering for some of the staff and actors who could make it. And it was an advance birthday celebration for Bella.

People were noisy on twitter for nothing that Pope wasn’t there till I realized most of the actors weren’t there too.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Me too! I would rather get more of the siblings story than Mae Klin and her tantrums!

On SSBT yesterday Pope said that while shooting the drama they didn’t know how it would end. When I heard it I was like - what? Is this why the script doesn’t make sense?? He’s really not good at promoting hahaha. While Bella is the opposite. She’s a good promoter who tried to present that unpredictability as something for viewers to anticipate.

I wonder if as @bit said before, Pope has been keeping quiet because he’s too disappointed with his character arc. I can’t blame him if he is.
I had the same feeling that Pope was pissed with his badly written Rit character and the poor script. Thought maybe one of his reason for not promoting the drama actively like the rest. It's so different when he was promoting Love Destiny 1

Last edited:

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Yesterday, it seemed like there was a party for PL… but when the pix came out it was confusing cos most the actors and even the director wasn’t there. So I guess it wasn’t a wrap party as most initially thought… just a gathering for some of the staff and actors who could make it. And it was an advance birthday celebration for Bella.

People were noisy on twitter for nothing that Pope wasn’t there till I realized most of the actors weren’t there too.
Ha ha, was actually looking out for Pope & Giant in the party, but only a handful supporting casts were there.

nat12

sarNie Adult
For BPS the success was really unexpected and unprecedented. Bella wasn’t able to go out promoting as much at first because she was busy filming daily. Pope was in such high demand that event organizers kept asking for him even though he increased his fee to discourage some of them. Cos the number of requests really exceeded what he could fulfill at times. Even though he was on break from shooting dramas then. Once Bella was more free that’s when the channel planned on all those events and fan meetings, plus they rerun BPS immediately after it finished its first broadcast.

By this time Pope is probably feeling like.. he’s already done all those things, he doesn’t need to do them again. Plus the show has a much bigger cast now, doesn’t need him to be going out to do promotions all the time. I don’t quite agree with his thinking, but I understand it. If this makes him happy, then let him be.

Ha ha, was actually looking out for Pope & Giant in the party, but only a handful supporting casts were there.
Who’s Giant? Do you mean Great? Who played the King? He’s on a diving trip in the Philippines right now.

nat12

sarNie Adult
After today’s episode, my head aches. My heart breaks for Pope, Bella, and all the actors who acted very well, for Khun Rompaeng for having her novel ruined by this script. For all the novel’s readers and viewers who had waited for so long for this drama.

One interesting thing about today’s episode is: In and Prang coming together to discuss about Rid & Puttan. Peterpan has potential, but his acting skills need more work. Otherwise he’ll be stuck in the comedy supporting actor role.

No matter how high our expectations of Pope & Bella, they always exceed them. I’m quite certain Pope can feel that his role doesn’t make sense, but he still acted very well.

As I said before, this drama wastes time on unnecessary scenes, but glosses over important ones. Just like evil Karaket’s origin story, I thought the mantra’s origin’s story deserved more time too. Not to be told at the level of a school play like this:sad6: My head aches wondering about what everyone thought thinking of the script like this.

Also, I’ve noticed throughout the drama…. this drama is very uncomfortable with emotional scenes. When characters get emotional, they tend to descend into fights (Rid & Puttan), or comedy - like all the cheesy moments of characters staring into each others’ eyes while music plays in the background, or Mae Prik’s stupid comedy moments. It’s annoying, and IMO, insulting to viewers.

bit

sarNie Adult
Don’t know who design the continuation of story for this. They drop their brain somewhere in the middle and now rushing to pick it up. If it weren’t for Pope and Bella acting, I think this going to be much worse than it is.

However I have to give props to the casting director. The role of Little Puttarn, Adittaya, Chandravati, Rid and Date in Dhevarati era really looks like it’s their original soul and the character is still there in Rid, Por Date, Karakade and Katesurang.

nat12

sarNie Adult
They ruined BPS for me. I'm out! Just going to pretend there is no Season 2. lol
Mentally I will adopt that attitude after the show ends. I will still watch it for all the actors and crew who worked hard on it. But the script is nonsense, the direction is also not up to standard for a show of this level. My heart really breaks for everyone.

Yesterday’s episode trended at No 1 on twitter last night but the most popular tweets were criticising the script.

nat12

sarNie Adult
@bit I cannot believe that there are people with functioning brains who had watched BPS, then watched PL after editing and decided that PL was okay enough to show on air. How did they think this script is okay to pass??

Yeah the casting is really good. But it’s a waste of everyone’s talent. Nina, who acted as little Puttarn is very talented and she looks like Bella when she was young too.

bit

sarNie Adult
@bit I cannot believe that there are people with functioning brains who had watched BPS, then watched PL after editing and decided that PL was okay enough to show on air. How did they think this script is okay to pass??

Yeah the casting is really good. But it’s a waste of everyone’s talent. Nina, who acted as little Puttarn is very talented and she looks like Bella when she was young too.
I can’t believe that people who work in the industry especially those in Broadcast can look at BPS success and didn’t pick up what made it such a successful drama when normal viewers at home can list it down.

Then decide to butchered it by making it a typical lakorn

nat12

sarNie Adult
I can’t believe that people who work in the industry especially those in Broadcast can look at BPS success and didn’t pick up what made it such a successful drama when normal viewers at home can list it down.

Then decide to butchered it by making it a typical lakorn
Exactly! BPS did so well because it wasn’t like a typical lakorn. That’s why it could attract viewers who would normally not watch lakorn. Honestly, GDH analysed the success of BPS better and ensured they ticked all the boxes.
  • romantic comedy in historical/fantasy setting
  • primary conflict in plot posed by historical event
  • secondary conflict in plot in terms of romance
  • costumes, props, locations, CG
  • decent actors for the whole cast
  • movie must attract viewers from all demographics for it to succeed at almost the same level as BPS
  • Pope & Bella’s skills and chemistry
Technically, their script can work with any pair of actors, but they needed Pope & Bella to use the BPS branding. And thankfully, they are skilled actors that can carry the movie. The biggest drawback was that the historical conflict didn’t seem as dramatic as compared to the drama, but GDH’s storytelling made it work for the movie.

From that list, see how few of the criteria PL manages to tick off.

bit

sarNie Adult
They could have expanded the Dhevarati story longer, they got 4 actors there, the historical park etc, Yet they wasted on Mae Klin and Mu Song :rolleyes:

I’m starting to wonder what power or connection does the actor who act as Mu Song has? He is basically the most useless character there yet he got his own introduction

nat12

sarNie Adult
They could have expanded the Dhevarati story longer, they got 4 actors there, the historical park etc, Yet they wasted on Mae Klin and Mu Song :rolleyes:
Totally. My theory is they ran out of time and budget by the time they reached that scene so they couldn’t do more of it :rolleyes:.

I think they were thinking like… in BPS when they revealed that Ketsurang had actually died in the present day + Det = Ruengrit could be done in one episode. So the Dhevarati story could also be done in one episode. But it shouldn’t be that short because it’s the origin of what is TWO epic love stories! Seriously, what the heck? I think one entire episode should have been dedicated to it. Let the whole story play out from beginning to end.

Because the way it was yesterday we didn’t understand everything. I understand if they don’t want to emphasize much on Det/Ketsurang’s part in the spell cos this is Rid/Puttan’s story. But they didn’t touch on why Karaket/Ketsurang have been twins for every lifetime, where only one of them will survive? And both Rid & Puttan didn’t know that Rid was Sriprach before?

People knowing that Rid was Sriprach before gives a bit more dimension to his character. Sriprach was supposedly wrongfully accused, leading to his exile and also later to his death. His character of not challenging the King is echoed in Anilbot and now Rid.

OMG I didn’t realize all that until I typed it now. Now this is my mood.

IMG_1332.jpeg

Why does the script seem to be written by someone who didn’t watch BPS or read both novels?

nat12

sarNie Adult
I’m starting to wonder what power or connection does the actor who act as Mu Song has? He is basically the most useless character there yet he got his own introduction
Pop Thakoon. I don’t think he has much power or connection. Because if he is, he wouldn’t have been stuck permanently in supporting roles in so many dramas. He’s good but haven’t been given much chances to be in lead roles. I always suspected if he was on another channel he would likely be lead.

The script is nonsense and cannot even make the audience feel like supporting Rid to be with Puttan, even at this point in the story. It almost feels like the only reason why we have to support him, it’s because it’s Pope playing the role. :confused:

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Who’s Giant? Do you mean Great? Who played the King? He’s on a diving trip in the Philippines right now.

[/QUOTE]

Ha ha, meant to be 'Great'. I always remember 'Giant' instead. I actually enjoy his casting here.