❤️[CH7] Khu Khaen Saen Rak(Polyplus): Mike Pattaradet/Mookda Narinrak

sugar12

sarNie Hatchling
I agree, I really want to watch for the main leads but I really cant continue with the plot going nowhere. It just feels like an overload dump of the main leads love scenes. Where as when they played together in ML, there was development in plot, character and their love story. KKSR just has so much distractions that isn't going anywhere. Might just skip around and watch the small scenes on youtube.

Prakcion

sarNie Egg
Honestly I disagree a lot with you. I need to make this account because I think it's unfair how much downplaying this show is getting.
I think this is better than the last version and the reason is the "lack of complicated" stuff. Also, I'm in love with the relationship between Dao and kran's son as well as the fact they give more romantic scenes to the main couple. Also, I'm so glad we aren't getting a lot of screen time on the second characters. Not that I don't like, but I didn't like the old version because of the way they put the second characters and at the end of the day I didn't see the love between the main characters. In this one, I feel more connected to the main couple and I can believe they are family.

xdanavelvetx

sarNie Adult
I was so excited to watch this lakorn but after reading your comments, i don’t think i will like it. The first lakorn i liked so much because the side characters. I love their storylines. So if this version, they don’t have any storyline, so i wont watch it

orchidtea

sarNie Hatchling
If anyone is still watching, does anyone noticed that Songkran's sister and her husband has more screen time than the other three couples. Heck they have more screentime than Jan and Uncle Nu. There is BARELY any interaction with Jan and Uncle Nu unless they take it slow. I thought the fourth couple (Eaw and part-time girl) was unnecessary to the story, but I'm starting to like Eaw's character (at first I thought he didn't serve any purpose to the story unlike the original). Anyways I have no problem that Songkran's sister and her husband are together all the time, but I don't like how her husband is abusive. I kind of prefer the original where he's comedic. In this version, I thought he might be cool, but I noticed that he's becoming abusive towards his wife too. Ugh I really don't want to continue this, but I'm gonna watch it only for Sia Au and Moddang scenes. BTW I am disliking Dao's and Jan's father. I can't with his favoritism towards Dao and emotionally hurting Jan's feelings. Like Damn no wonder she left for Bangkok. I'm not sorry, but his behavior is starting to become toxic if he's going to keep insulting Jan for being stupid. Plus, I was hoping to see more scenes of Jan working in the farm plantation and interacting with Uncle Nu more. Their relationship is becoming overshadowed by Songkran's family and the main couple's skin shipping scenes. My favorite scene is Dao's and Orca, seems genuine and sweet. I wish Songkran would keep his boundaries and be subtle towards Dao. He's such an opportunist, plus no more shirtless scene pleaseeee, it's too repetitive and cocky (no offense).

Vico

sarNie Adult
Seriously, this is getting worst.

Marin was quite an interesting villain in the original,despite being completely crazy, you could feel she had been very unhappy in the past. But here, she just becomes some stereotype of the usual seducing bitch (no blaming on the actress though, she’s doing great). Her ending (being disfigured by the the wife) is also cliche and predictable
Kran’s brother-in-law is the usual cliche villain, nothing that makes him attaching or funny compared to the original
Rose, here, is not-only cliche but she’s boring and not funny.
Modding barely has any screening time, any charisma, her story with Au barely exists.
And Jan is the worst.In the original, she was a bit weak at first but she had a very nice character growing and I loved to see her grow closer to her father and sister. But look :

At this point, she speaks of « beating her sister down » and still thinks of Songkran, even kidnapping August. She’s pathetic, selfish, even worse than Marin (seriously, no wonder even her father doesn’t like her), and is also a cliche character.

what made the original really great is that all of the characters were attaching, even the nang rai and not too stereotyped. But here, not only the female characters are annoying or not really attaching (except Dao ‘cause Mookda will never annoy me), they’re also cliche

Last edited:

orchidtea

sarNie Hatchling
I think Orca's mother is the best part of the storyline. I'm glad that they actually expanded her character rather than be remembered as a flashback. By the way, Orca's mother looks like a mix of Kimmy Woltemas and Sammy Cowell.

forgotusername

Miksmouse
The amount of promo this lakorn is getting is way beyond lakorns that did so much better ratings wise. Ch7 has to accept the L on this one. Lakorns arent just about the pairing, the story plays a huge part too.

Last edited:

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
The amount of promo this lakorn is getting is way beyond lakorns that did so much better ratings wise. Ch7 has to accept the L on this one. Lakorns arent just about the pairing, the story plays a huge part too.
Yes, they REALLY promoted this compared to others. I mean, I understand why cause their last lakorn was a big hit. But they definitely kinda did it a bit much. Other Lakorns this year were more enjoyable. But this lakorn just overall wasn’t the best lakorn to be remade in the first place. If they wanted to remake an Aum lakorn from Polyplus, I feel like Buppae Rek Ruk was a better option. I really liked that lakorn of Aum and Por. Cute and funny as well.

orchidtea

sarNie Hatchling
i still don't understand so there's no band from the younger couple, no romance between Jan and Uncle Nu (I've been waiting for their relationship to start, but I see NOTHING compared to the original), and Dao's modeling career. I understood that she's a freelance, but I feel like the modeling scene is nonexistent and apparently she works as a nanny the whole time. Gosh the whole Kran's brother-in-law and Rin's is utterly unnecessary or the main couple skinship scenes taking up too much time for Jan to have character development growth!

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
so much promo but apparently no one cares. not much buzz in pantip. Their opponent ch3 the one with Louis has more buzz eventho the rating is lower and less promotion from ch3

lurkeygurl

sarNie Egg
I think promotion somehow depends on the production house. I would say Polyplus did a good job in promoting this lakorn. Though this lakorn didn’t have opportunity to promote on Hello Superstar, the long New Nuad show and any game show, Polyplus still made sure that they didn’t lack in terms of promotion. Kudos to them. I just hope they did the same in some aspect of the lakorn tho.

Vico

sarNie Adult
I think promotion somehow depends on the production house. I would say Polyplus did a good job in promoting this lakorn. Though this lakorn didn’t have opportunity to promote on Hello Superstar, the long New Nuad show and any game show, Polyplus still made sure that they didn’t lack in terms of promotion. Kudos to them. I just hope they did the same in some aspect of the lakorn tho.
but in the end, no matter how good the promotion is, if the lakorn is not good, the audience will see it anyway and the good promotion won’t be enough to make up for a bad lakorn

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
Polyplus hasn’t done a lakorn since Fai Hima and that was 2018. That lakorn had a train wreck ending too. I guess with this lakorn, they were hoping pairing would make up for it but the lack of storyline here is what killed it. Not saying this lakorn is terrible but it is no where near Maturot Loghan. I really like ML so I guess I knew not to expect much from this since second time pairing lakorns aren’t always the best but this was even below my expectations.

I will say that this will end with decent ratings though. I think WWHJ was a lot better than this so if it beats WWHJ’s rating than it’s honestly cause the loyal fans cause this lakorn could of been made better. WWHJ was all around a better lakorn than this when it comes to storyline and directing. I feel like they didn’t really promote it as much too since Porshe left but still was pretty good.

I think Polyplus is either a hit or miss because back then they also had some great lakorns but also had some lakorns where you questioned them. Now I’m curious if Mike will be leaving Ch7 though and if he will follow his girlfriends route or not. He doesn’t have any upcoming projects so far but maybe it’s waiting to be announced. I guess we will wait and see. If he leaves, I see him acting in lakorns like New lol.

Last edited:

Vico

sarNie Adult
Now I’m curious if Mike will be leaving Ch7 though and if he will follow his girlfriends route or not.
Lol, i actually hope that will be the opposite, Bow coming back to Ch7 (Ch7 is my favorite channel, I’m so sad she left them)

Vico

sarNie Adult
So, finally over... And plenty of things to say about this finale

i must say, even though the whole thing wasn’t up to my expectations, I must admit this last episode was very cute.
To be honest, even though the drama wasn’t great, I have nothing to say about Mookda and Mike’s ship, their chemistry is still on point ! I just think they could have made better use of it.

it’s just many things were too sudden in this finale, like Songkran’s family’s change of heart towards Dao (even though they were cute trying to help their son getting Dao back)
Also, pretty funny : when I was still at that point where Dao’s father was still opposing them despite knowing she was now his wife (de facto), I was thinking « oh come on, just accept them, she might even be pregnant now ! »... and then, she starts throwing up. Jeez, I was so proud of myself on that one:aaaaa:babysw though not that surprising, in the original novel, Dao (who carries a different name) ends up pregnant after being raped by Songkran (one of the many reasons I hate the original novel).

also, I can’t help but notice the irony when thinking about their pairing in ML, where Dao’s father used to play Suer Pan, Mike’s father and absolute wanted him to impregnate Mookda (damn, how I hated him) : I was like, « lol, now, he finally succeeds to get Mookda pregnant of Mike’s child, and Suer Pan is still unhappy, so picky ! »:risas3:. Lol, i cannot help but feel like the producers wanted to give us revenge for ML where we had neither the bed scene we expected between Mike and Mook, and even less a baby...So they gave us both !:love::icon12:willing|babysw:aaaaa:
Also, I think they should have given more scenes to Dao’s father, like in the original, because from what I see in this episode, he’s very good for comic scenes (jeez, he had me dead laughing the whole time)

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I went into this lakorn with pretty low expectations but I ended up pleasantly surprised. I consider Polyplus to be on the same caliber as TV Scene; good potential but horrible execution. I was happy to hear they would stop making lakorns but lo and behold they came back. I know that people are disappointed in this version on Koo Kaen Saen Ruk but to be fair it’s probably the best lakorn they’ve made in about a decade. There wasn’t a ton of idiotic dragging or random batshit insanity to frustrate me.

I’ve seen the old version, I consider it okay, a little silly. Seems like they’ve scaled back the silliness to some extent in this version. Mike and Mookda’s chemistry remains the same and I enjoyed their scenes together. I paid a lot more attention to this lakorn than to the lakorns I’ve watched recently. That being said, I think there are a lot of plot holes and inconsistencies in this lakorn. For instance, Songkran saying that he knew all along that Dao was Ingdao. That felt very thrown in since we as the viewer couldn’t sense that he felt that at any point. I appreciate that they tried to make Songkran smart but it needs to be developed a whole lot more. Then there was the willing scene. I like a good willing scene but Songkran and Dao’s first time was really random. Not a lot of was happening, then boom Dao suddenly gives in. I wished there was more of a build up to it. Also, it seemed out of character for Dao to give in so easily after keeping Songkran at an arm’s distance during most of their interactions (minus her sitting on his lap, which yet again even as seduction felt out of character). Then there was the reason why Dao came to live in Songkran’s house. It felt very random and rushed, it was like all of a sudden she saves his son’s life and boom she agrees to be his nanny. I was surprised that they didn’t make a big deal about Dao’s transformation, in the old version they at least had the villains trying to piece together Dao’s past look with her current, plus they pointed out the ridiculousness of how little was actually changed in Aum’s version. All that changed was her not wearing classes, combed her hair and got rid of her mole. Songkran never even got to see her before in in this version, seems to make more sense if he saw. I also wasn’t a fan of Rin and San’s story during the last couple of episodes, it all felt a little redundant. The end for them was very anticlimactic; all of a sudden San gets shot and Rin gets her face ruined, that’s it? The lakorn could have taken an episode or two out, way too much Rin and San. Tack made a funny villain though, San added a lot of humour in the beginning and then they suddenly made him an abusive scum.

This is a lakorn with a lot of couples. I wasn’t interested in Eew and Ink’s couple in the old version and I didn’t care much for them in this version. What was disappointing was the treatment of both Sia Au and Moddaeng, and Wisanu and Jan’s coupling. Sia Au and Moddaeng were funny in both versions but in the first version things became less interesting once they got together and in this version they didn’t have a whole lot of development. It was like the writers forgot about them and they managed to fall in love without spending that much time together. Nut and Jaibua were cute together, sad that their chemistry wasn’t utilized to it’s true potential. Wisanu and Jan were the most disappointing part of this lakorn. From the arguing in the beginning, I could tell that Big and Jayda had chemistry but all they got in the end was an ambiguous ending. I like Big and Jayda in these roles better than Tubtim and Gap, it’s a shame that Wisanu and Jan had better scenes in the first version. They made Wisanu way too gruff and stiff in this lakorn. You can tell that he’s never going to get over Dao, he will make no room for Jan in his heart. They really ruined Jan’s character too. Instead of making her grow up and become a better person, she just got worse and worse. I hated that she was the villain that kidnapped Orca in the end. It made better sense when Rin was behind everything in the old version as she went off the deep end. Redeeming Jan during the last couple of minutes of the lakorn felt like a cop out. Songkran’s parents were also poorly developed. Also, it would be very awkward for Dao to be alone with her father in-law after knowing how horny he was for her before. They could have utilized Bee and Honey a lot better with their scenes together since they’re married in real life but there was a whole lot more of the mom than the dad in this lakorn.

What I did like was how steadfast Songkran was in terms of his love with Dao. He always chose her over everyone else and he never gave up on her even when she pushed him away. The last episode was good. I really liked the scenes between the leads and the dad’s shenanigans. Wit Phutarit is so funny and such a versatile actor. I feel like he’s in everything nowadays. The last couple of lakorns I’ve watched all had him in it. I also enjoyed Dao’s seduction scenes, Mookda has good comedic timing. Mookda also seems REALLY comfortable during the love scenes with Mike. With Kem it seems like she’s more reserved but she really went for it during the dream sequence in the tent. She put more into that kiss than Mike did. Panther’s really cute, he’s decent for a kid that has never acted before. He just needs to work on responding to other actors, seems like he’s just trying to memorize his lines and not listening or reacting to the other actors. Good thing he has chemistry with Mike and Mookda though. I liked the ending and I thought the lakorn ended on a high note. It was cute when Mike put his head on Mookda’s stomach.