❤️[GMM25] Nabi, My Stepdarling (GMMTV / Sparkling Blue Productions): Nat Myria / Joss Way-ar / Fah Yongwaree

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
I really thought Aom's drama will air ahead of this, as they appeared to have shot more scenes.

Anyway Sparkling Blue has a stellar track record so far in terms of ratings ("Game Ruk Ao Keun" which is the highest-rating GMM25 drama in the last 3 years, "Sapai TKO", "Rerng Rita"), so hopefully this does well too.

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
I really like Fah and wanna watch this for her but story seems overly dramatic. Hmm..

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Got to watch this because it's under GMMTV and has English subs. Wa (the dead wife) was such a monster underneath that seemingly placid persona. And that flower plot seems so creepy haha.

I'm still curious as to what Janhae's role would be, she's not in both trailers.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
I think the first 2 episodes are in the trailer already, so I hope there's more layers to this story than what meets the eye. I'm giving this a chance because this is GMMTV's first foray into the genre and I'm morbidly curious how they'll pull this off, I like Fah and finally I can see her in an English-subbed drama. The visuals seem good too and I'm not sure if this will only have 10 episodes, but I think this will be shorter than your regular primetime drama. Hopefully this means less fillers and more meat.

I'll echo this again, to TPTB of GMMTV you gotta give my girl Fah a proper romcom. It's really a great move on your part to sign her, now I wanna see her tackle different roles.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Watching this right now and wow, so Wee is Kawin's real mom?

And interesting to see the analogy of Wee loving to tend flowers while Nabi is into butterflies. I wonder how this figures into their eventual dynamics.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
While I'm disappointed that Janhae doesn't have lead roles this year, I hope she won't turn into a villain here. Looks like she and Luke are the 2nd couple and I hope it stays that way.

Last edited:

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
This is rather fast-paced, perhaps this only has 10 episodes after all.

At this point, we know that Wee has a hold of Sirin. It's just a matter of knowing whether Nabi's sister is still alive or dead (the theory of the new flower plot in Wee's garden come into play here). Looks like Kawin is also starting to be suspicious of his "aunt" Wee and kinda sense how controlling she can get towards him.

My only major peeve so far is too much shoving around being done by Kawin towards Nabi. But I like Nabi and Pongpop's friendship and hopefully it stays platonic. Better yet, him and Sandy won't get swayed by Wee later on. She seems to have too many moles in this show haha.

I also enjoy Finnay's character here, it's just like watching Godji in her GMMTV show "Cougar on the Prowl" minus her costumes.

I think this is my proper introductory to Thai slap-kiss genre and there are definitely far more worse dramas than this. I hope the ratings pick up, this has remained stuck at 0.2.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid

It's tragicomic to see that the shows before (news program) and after ("The Chae Show") this have way higher ratings compared to this and "Girl2K".

Heck, even ATOTS has lower ratings compared to "Angkaan Klambpong" which airs at 11PM.

GMM25 primetime can't seem to catch a break so far, right after Change2561 "left". The network went as high as #10 last year in the weekly ratings (when "2gether" and "WHO ARE YOU" were both airing), but right now it's been at around #12 or #13. It's the lowest-rated network amongst the ones that air drama.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Anyway, this is a generally fast-paced drama. The main leads seem smarter than their usual kind. Aunt Wee isn't the typical screaming villain, but she's clearly a nutcase. (But her sister Wa is far worse.) I feel sympathetic towards Kawin's dad but I wonder why he doesn't "defend" himself that strongly from accusations made against him.

Another pet peeve is that Janhae and Luke have way smaller airtime so far, compared to the other supporting characters. This is considering they're billed higher.

MDL says this has 10 episodes, but looks like this will run for probably 14-18 episodes. ("The Sand Princess" has 14 episodes, while "WHO ARE YOU" has 18 episodes.) Still shorter than the run of a typical lakorn. I still hope they maintain the consistency in terms of storytelling and visuals.

Sui

sarNie Egg
This is quite draggy for a 10 episode serie. Like in every episode nothing much happens except lead guy forcefully kissing or manhandling the girl out of nowhere. Fah is doing well, the side characters are also acting normal but man joss character is so illogical (seems like he is a robot programmed to activate “violent mood” as soon as he sees nabi )...don’t know if it is joss’s acting or his roles that’s make him so stiff in his recent dramas.

Last edited: