❤️[GMM25] The Gifted Graduation (GMMTV / Parbdee): Nanon Korapat / Chimon Wachirawit / Gun Atthaphan / Jane Ramida / Sing Harit

sarNie Adult
It's pretty original for Thailand. There was also another series that was unique for Thailand but maybe didn't do all that well due to the violence. I loved it though. I can't remember the name, but she is short haired and goes around all the schools exposing people.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ Are you referring to "Girl from Nowhere"? I can only think of either that or Mild's drama where she was a rape victim (but I haven't seen that in its entirety yet so I dunno if there's exposing there as well).

sarNie Adult
^ Are you referring to "Girl from Nowhere"? I can only think of either that or Mild's drama where she was a rape victim (but I haven't seen that in its entirety yet so I dunno if there's exposing there as well).
Yes! Girl from Nowhere! I liked that one a lot. It's on par with what Japan does for horror/thrillers.

I watched Mild's drama and liked that one too actually, but it's probably too graphic for most. It was a violent year. Don't remember if Lah happened in the same year.

sarNie Adult
How is COVID affecting viewership for dramas in general? Are views increasing?

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
^ Based on the latest network ratings released by TV Digital Watch, overall ratings seem to be up for most networks. "Work from home" measure is being implemented in Thailand and that should have contributed to the higher ratings.

I'm pretty sure this should have a bigger impact on streaming, but I guess older (but relatively recent) dramas should benefit more coz now is the wonderful time to catch up on those.

The main concern actually is the production of ongoing dramas. I've read in Pantip that One31 dramas appear to have suspended production for now, coz of Covid-19 cases amongst celebrities - Matthew Dean (who has a boxing camp and some actors may have unknowingly contracted the virus), his wife Lydia, Pearwah Nichaphat (She was in a One31 event a couple of weeks back, which is ironically Covid-19 related. I've read that Kang Vorakorn who was also in the same event is/was on self-quarantine. And she may have likely attended some Nadao events too.), etc.

If this situation persists, chances are One31 will be re-running old dramas in their primetime slots. (Channel 3 and perhaps Channel 7 have been doing that already for some time now.) I just hope that some of the dramas they announced during their launch have already finished production.

sarNie Adult
The main concern actually is the production of ongoing dramas. I've read in Pantip that One31 dramas appear to have suspended production for now, coz of Covid-19 cases amongst celebrities - Matthew Dean (who has a boxing camp and some actors may have unknowingly contracted the virus), his wife Lydia, Pearwah Nichaphat (She was in a One31 event a couple of weeks back, which is ironically Covid-19 related. I've read that Kang Vorakorn who was also in the same event is/was on self-quarantine. And she may have likely attended some Nadao events too.), etc.
I didn't even think of that. Now is a good time to crank out those dramas but also people shouldn't be gathered for drama production either. That's a shame.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Shooting is underway.

http://instagr.am/p/CBFCH7-nk5z/
http://instagr.am/p/CBFIBSOlhNx/
I was hoping this will be twice a week a la "WHO ARE YOU", but I doubt this will have substantial material by the time it ends around late June. The next best slot would be a Friday night, replacing "The Shipper". It only has 10 episodes according to MyDramaList, so that'll end around late July. ("The Gifted" premiered August 2018, so it'll be timely to see its sequel air almost exactly 2 years later.)

Last edited: