❤️[GMMTV / Parbdee] F4 Thailand : Bright Vachirawit / Win Metawin / Dew Jirawat / Nani Hirunkit / Tu Tontawan

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Okay I take back what I said about Gorya family. In ep 3 they made me laugh so much talking about how fake the "trip-to-lip-locking" trick in dramaland are so ridiculous ! This is a nice touch to the drama. The way the PD adds this kind of relatable thing here to ridicule this type of tropey trick I have been myself cringing to is welcomed ! Talking about relatability another good thing I like about this drama is how a character would have a monologue in one scene and then we are shown another one which is completely different but fits the narrative of the voiceover. It happened when Thyme was telling her sister on the subject of growth and then we were shown another scene of the other F4 with Ren looking kinda depressed and during the scene at the airport when they were seeing Ren off and we had that voiceover of Gorya's thoughts with uplifting words. Those two scenes personally struck me and added more depth to the drama. Episode 3 main theme was growth and how no matter what and how scared or doubtful we are or how early or late we think, we have to grow at certain point. And if we are reluctant in doing so mother Nature will make sure of pushing us. This is the natural course of life. Things we did as kids we cannot do it as teenagers or adults. And I love the explaination Ren gave to Mira while talking about Thyme and how he (Ren) won't be having it with Thyme childish and spoiled brat behaviour this time. Therefore it made Ren and Thyme reconciliation deeper and I enjoyed that scene more in the lakorn than I did in the Jdrama. Everything that led to Ren departure at the end during the whole episode, especially Gorya's words to him (God I love this girl her words were talking to me the way BAP's One Shot did) about giving a fight, at least trying (lord I almost had tears in my eyes) was meaningful and touching. While in the jdrama I could careless about wether or not Rui should go to France bla bla bla, here in the lakorn the PD managed to add some dimension to it and managed to make me care for that step Ren needs to make to see if he has a future with his friend and move on in life. Bravo. They did stronger than the jdrama here :) . I am telling you F4 thailand is bringing me back to lakorn world !
Last detail but important, I find the 2 playboys F4 more interesting in the lakorn than in the Jdrama. I sometimes replay their scenes. They got some funny lines here. And whenever they are teasing Thyme or Gorya I have a huge grin on my face :-D

One of the main things this drama does not have on the Jdrama is the acting for sure. Bright is on the brink of laughing in a lot of scenes even in the one when he confronted Ren in episode 3. It reminded me why Matsujun was such a great actor as Domyoji. And Dew reminds me how difficult to play a character like Rui (playing half asleep while not looking half asleep).

Agree with @byebye about Tu. She is gorgeous imo. The likes of Kwan are ruinning their faces to have her lips. Tu beauty type reminds me of Aom in her heydays.

Last edited:

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
I'm enjoying this so far. It seems to be following the jdrama version rather than the manga.

Agree with Bright looking like he's about to laugh all the time. I also find his acting a bit odd (sometimes I can't tell what he's trying to express), but he is darn cute. So cute that he can get away with it haha.

Tu acts very well and is very pretty. She reminds me of a teenage Ishihara Satomi. I feel that the script has made her a bit too gloomy though. This will probably change, we'll see.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
There's a scene that Gorya looks absolutely gorgeous. The part where she has her hair curled and half of it is pulled back. With a purple airy flower dress and a white bootie. I honestly, think they missed the mark on her makeover when she was coming down the stairs in that unflattering dress. That dress was determined to make anyone look regular even if miss universe is wearing it lol. It doesn't take a lot to make Gorya pretty Because she's already is. Even in her regular outfits I am overlooking it because her face seem to get my attention.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
I am amazed at the international recognition F4Thailand is getting!! All the comments I see are fans from around the world. Compared to all the other versions, I feel this version is bringing the world's HYD fandom together. Its truly beautiful to watch a Thai drama get this much recognition!

Watch this deep review of the episodes! Amazes me what other people see when watching this!

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
I am amazed at the international recognition F4Thailand is getting!! All the comments I see are fans from around the world. Compared to all the other versions, I feel this version is bringing the world's HYD fandom together. Its truly beautiful to watch a Thai drama get this much recognition!

Watch this deep review of the episodes! Amazes me what other people see when watching this!
This is probably due to the BrightWin BL fandom. It's huge! Even Japanese and Korean people watched their BL. I think Tu was even getting a bit of hate in the beginning.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
This is probably due to the BrightWin BL fandom. It's huge! Even Japanese and Korean people watched their BL. I think Tu was even getting a bit of hate in the beginning.
Wasn't the BrightWin BL fandom trying to boycott this show though? Since they weren't happy about pairing up Bright and Tu? LOL you would think there wouldn't be so many people watching because of this, but people are genuinely loving this show due to the good writing and characters. I see fans praise the women in this version more then the boys even.

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
Wasn't the BrightWin BL fandom trying to boycott this show though? Since they weren't happy about pairing up Bright and Tu? LOL you would think there wouldn't be so many people watching because of this, but people are genuinely loving this show due to the good writing and characters. I see fans praise the women in this version more then the boys even.
There were some, but most ended up watching it. I should've said the initial international buzz came from the BL hype (was going to edit my comment but you replied already lol). Agree that people are staying because it's good. I'm loving it too, just really hard to wait a whole week for just ONE episode.

There are people in the comments of every video saying "this is good, but the 2018 version will always be the best." I found the 2018 version really average and too long. What did you think of it?

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
There were some, but most ended up watching it. I should've said the initial international buzz came from the BL hype (was going to edit my comment but you replied already lol). Agree that people are staying because it's good. I'm loving it too, just really hard to wait a whole week for just ONE episode.

There are people in the comments of every video saying "this is good, but the 2018 version will always be the best." I found the 2018 version really average and too long. What did you think of it?
LOL I was not impressed with the 2018 adaptation just because I did not enjoy the F4 chemistry or Dao MIng Si+Shan Cai pairing. It has to be one or the other for me in terms of chemistry. Taiwan's 2001 Meteor Garden had a F4 that had chemistry and DMS + SC were compatible so I loved that version to bits. Japan's HYD had good chemistry between Makino and Domyouji so I loved this version too. Korea's? Oh Goodness, I'm ashamed to include that one lol

With every new version there will be bias fans. I am happy to say I have seen all, starting with the one who started the hype in 2001: Taiwan's. I can honestly say Japan's version is by far the best followed by Taiwan's Meteor Garden and now Thailand will likely take third place. There is no 4th or 5th places unfortunately lol.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
BTW, this got a 0.4 rating last Saturday. This is already GMMTV's 2nd highest-rating 2021 drama (behind "Oh My Boss") and at this point having phenomenal ratings is inevitable. Would be elated to see this "wholesome" drama surpass the previous highs set by infidelity-themed dramas 55555

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
LOL I was not impressed with the 2018 adaptation just because I did not enjoy the F4 chemistry or Dao MIng Si+Shan Cai pairing. It has to be one or the other for me in terms of chemistry. Taiwan's 2001 Meteor Garden had a F4 that had chemistry and DMS + SC were compatible so I loved that version to bits. Japan's HYD had good chemistry between Makino and Domyouji so I loved this version too. Korea's? Oh Goodness, I'm ashamed to include that one lol

With every new version there will be bias fans. I am happy to say I have seen all, starting with the one who started the hype in 2001: Taiwan's. I can honestly say Japan's version is by far the best followed by Taiwan's Meteor Garden and now Thailand will likely take third place. There is no 4th or 5th places unfortunately lol.
Wow, you watched every version. That's some dedication haha. I think I've only watched 2 versions entirely and the rest skimmed. Thanks for the reply, I love reading other peoples opinions on each version. I think the general consensus is that the korean one is the worst. A toss-up between Taiwan and Japan as the best. And teenagers/younger people seem to like the 2018 version.

I read the manga as a kid and I like the manga the most (as problematic as it is). I've never thought of any live adaptation as super spectacular but I think the Jdrama one is the best as well. I like how meteor garden follows the manga and is practically the manga characters come to life. Korean one is greasy and they look too old for the roles somehow. 2018 version is visually pleasing at first glance, but bores as you continue. Thai one is very good so far. I think it'll take 2nd place for me.

Mydramalist is a warzone right now. Bright has a lot of haters. People coming to hate on the show.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Lol the Hana Yori Dango franchise will always generate buzz and money. Why do you think so many countries want their piece of cake ?

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid

The 2018 version acting was too robotic and formulaïc. They way they behaved felt unnatural and calculated (The Thai version interractions btw characters are more fluid). Dylan acting and bodylanguage was like watching terminator Arnold Shwarzeneger in a romantic movie (it is no wonder his other roles after MG2018 are showing his shortcomings). They were not natural at all and the kick was an absolute cringe. And their outfits were the cheapest of all versions.

Japanese version had the best acting, the best display of grandeur, almost sense of royalty for the F4 (the other versions fail at it even the Thai one), the weather in the Jdrama was perfect for the HYD univers, the best OST, the best layered Domyoji

Last edited:

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Lol the Hana Yori Dango franchise will always generate buzz and money. Why do you think so many countries want their piece of cake ?
Of course, its basically Asia's Crazy Rich Asians x Cinderella x Beauty and the Beast x a hot Asian boyband. This combo is a guaranteed. It can't get old, this plot.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I have seen every single version too, and the 2018 version was probably the worse version to date. Well, second to the Korean version. It was just long and draggy. I hated how Shancai was indecisive and had the same expression the entire time. Love her and Dylan but this version was just not it.
The Taiwanese version is pretty good for its time. F4 were good actors, esp Jerry Yan. Like, they are the most popular F4 group to this day. They played their characters very well, but the Japanese version was def. great. The Thai version is perfect for today's time. They really cover a lot of today's current trend and issues, which is nice. The only downfall of the Thai version is the lack of acting. Some are doing better than others but Bright and Dew needs to work on their expressions. I am really hoping that it gets better as the drama goes.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Just happened to catch the 4th episode live. Thailand adaptation exceed my expectations. I am enjoying it more and more as the episodes progress.

The are making Thyme a bit different and something I have come to accept lol. Bright will always have that "almost" smile about him. Always. As this version has more of a comedic side to it. I like th rain scene. As with most dramas, one would expect a hug once she finally comes to him. Thyme, on the other hand, push the umbrella away so hard and started to throw a tantrum. But the bickering is just them because now Gorya isn't a lame duck to be boss around. She knows she can fight back with him and he just let it slide.

Thyme also picked his jealous moments carefully. At the airport when Ren kissed Gorya, he actually overlooked it and his focus was on his friend. The reality of parting from his friend was more important than petty jealousy. And on episode 4 where he saw the handkerchief. He didn't throw a jealous fit about it. Instead he went on to explain as to why everyone loves Ren. I think that's done very well. The dinner at Gorya's house was such a bittersweet moment. For Thyme to have everything money can buy he missed out on the basic of family love and value. The simplest thing when one can never have became the most priceless.

Last edited:

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Just watched ep 4 and I feel they tamed Thyme/Domyoji in the Thai version way too much. I was not feeling that emo vibe while he was at Gorya household with her family. The acting was fine but that is not the essence of Domyoji at all acting "Oh I am rich but my family situation is so sad we are not happy..." and generate sympathy of her family. I felt it was out of character. What make him apart is this cool and strong mightiness facade in front of everyone especially people from lower statut than his economically (which is the case of Gorya and her family). This "I can warm up to people and improve time after time but I will never be approachable" feel I don't sense it here and I wished the lakorn kept that. Bright acting is better this episode than the previous ones (the about-to-laugh expression is still there tho). His character is almost easy going and has already more conscience so early in the story. Therefore I will not be surprised nor shocked the day he kneels in front of Ren to beg for him to give up on Gorya and remain friend with him (sth that was shocking and a huge deal concerning Domyoji Tsukasa).

Last edited:

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
On the contrary, I loved how they tamed Thyme down in this version, while showing his animalistic character through the clothes he wears *mainly animal prints. All the other HYD versions we see a male lead who's a bit toxic and not have more dimensional traits but I feel Thailand's version they are able to show him a in a new light, not just Thyme but other F4 members too. In the past, we hardly know about the struggles these four characters really have but in this version we get a glimpse into their lives outside of their name: F4. This is after all, Thailand's version so they will tell the story in their own way. I like the thought they are putting into this story.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
On the contrary, I loved how they tamed Thyme down in this version, while showing his animalistic character through the clothes he wears *mainly animal prints. All the other HYD versions we see a male lead who's a bit toxic and not have more dimensional traits but I feel Thailand's version they are able to show him a in a new light, not just Thyme but other F4 members too. In the past, we hardly know about the struggles these four characters really have but in this version we get a glimpse into their lives outside of their name: F4. This is after all, Thailand's version so they will tell the story in their own way. I like the thought they are putting into this story.
Domyoji is toxic at the begining. This is his essence the way "burning" is to pepper. The character is not woke. Still I like that Thyme and Gorya got chemistry.