❤️[GMMTV / Parbdee] F4 Thailand : Bright Vachirawit / Win Metawin / Dew Jirawat / Nani Hirunkit / Tu Tontawan

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
xcinsationalx said:
Yes that is the one on viki. Never watched it because people said it was awful and the two main leads were swapped in the little lmao. On a side note, Boys Before Friends!? Since I never tuned in I didn't even realize they changed it to that, like wtf my friends should come first. Flowers are one thing, friends just no lol. 

Oh, okay lol Thanks. I just went on viki to watch it. It's good that you didn't watch it because I'm watching the first episode and I got to say it is whack haha I didn't even realized it was a real movie, I thought it was just a random movie with random people. I guess, I don't those actors and actresses, I thought they were random people, but realized they are real celebrities. 

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
The original version was from Taiwan, called Meteor Garden. It was filmed since 2001. Then Japan remade this drama in 2005, called Hana Yori Dango. Korea remakes it in 2009. However, the Japanese version was the original Movie, which was filmed since 1995. But the ones we're talking about is Drama, so the original Drama/Lakorn was from Taiwan.

I haven't watch the Japanese and Taiwanese versions yet, I will start right now. A lot of people said the Taiwanese version was better. But I don't know which one to start, I loved the Korean version because I only watched that one haha But I might change my mind.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Mo was a guest at one of Kang's concerts/performances a while ago? Looks like they would have good chemistry if they were casted in here, Kang as Ji Hoo and Mo as Jan Di. :D

cr: ilove_momonchanok

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Actually, Meteor Garden was the first live adaptation of the manga, if I'm not mistaken. Then, Japan made their version of it. And lastly, Korea made theirs. All three versions were based off of the Japanese manga, Boys Over Flowers, or Hana Yori Dango, the Japanese title. I've watched all three, and I like the Taiwanese and Japanese versions just a bit more than the Korean version.

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
Anonymous95 said:
Actually, Meteor Garden was the first live adaptation of the manga, if I'm not mistaken. Then, Japan made their version of it. And lastly, Korea made theirs. All three versions were based off of the Japanese manga, Boys Over Flowers, or Hana Yori Dango, the Japanese title. I've watched all three, and I like the Taiwanese and Japanese versions just a bit more than the Korean version.

Yeah, Meteor Garden was the first live adaption of the mango. Then Japan, and lastly, Korea. I will watch the Taiwanese and Japanese versions right now. I might changed my mind liking the two versions more than the Korean version :)

They also have Meteor Garden II (Taiwan), and Hana Yori Dango Returns & Hana Yori Dango Finals (Japan) as well. You've watched those too?

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
The Korean version is overall, more popular than the other two. That's probably why Exact is doing a remake of it, rather than a remake of the Taiwanese or Japanese versions. OR, they could just be doing an adaptation of the manga itself, since the English title of the manga was also Boys Over Flowers. But I don't think so. Exact is doing a lot of Korean drama remakes now, so this was probably one of the kdramas that was popular in Thailand.

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
Anonymous95 said:
The Korean version is overall, more popular than the other two. That's probably why Exact is doing a remake of it, rather than a remake of the Taiwanese or Japanese versions. OR, they could just be doing an adaptation of the manga itself, since the English title of the manga was also Boys Over Flowers. But I don't think so. Exact is doing a lot of Korean drama remakes now, so this was probably one of the kdramas that was popular in Thailand.

That's right lol And nowadays, Korean trends are quite very popular in Thailand too. Thailand is following Korean trends a lot nowadays.

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
There have actually been four Asian versions (that I know of): Meteor Garden (Taiwan), Hana Yori Dango (Japan), Boys Over Flowers and Meteor Shower (China). I have seen the last two but not the first two. I always tell myself I'll get around to watching the Japanese version but I never do lol. Maybe I will check it out sometime before this version airs. 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
sarN said:
I watch the American version, it so bad/awful that it funny with it corny self HAHA , how about this , the heroine got a makeover but came out a different actresses HAHA
I never watched the American version (the MG/HYD/BOF storyline isn't my cup of tea), but I remember my sister mentioning that scene. Sounds so ridiculous and hilarious.

I love that MV parody! So, so funny.

Honestly, I can't even imagine a Thai version of this series because I don't see how it'll translate into Thai culture. Maybe it's because I'm not used to high school settings in lakorns.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
Where can I check out the American version?

Lenlin, I'm not sure if you see the "Coffee Princes" thai version, if they can pulled of the "Coffee Princes" I think they will do well with this one too.  But I hope they don't do scene per scene as they did with "CP". :yuck: :thumbdown: That one is annoying, they didn't have their own identity at all. At least "Full House" with Aom and Mike has their own essences.

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
My most favorite version is Meteor Garden, the Taiwanese version, because it looks more classic and natural. The actors portrayed their characters very well, and I love the romance between the main characters better than all of the other versions. Also, Hua Ze Lei in this version was more considerate and the nicest to Shan Cai (main girl) than any versions of this character. Second is Hana Yori Dango, because it was dramatic and funny at the same time. I actually really think Domyouji's character has a more sense of humor, he's funny haha This is also another version I thought was natural and classic, plus the lead characters has a very natural chemistry with each other because they date each other in real life as well. I love this version's ending more than all versions. Third would be Meteor Shower, the Chinese version, because they've changed some of the storyline, and made it more new and interesting. However, there are things that doesn't change is that in all versions, in the first season all of the lead girls would be the one hurting the lead guys' feelings, then in the second season the lead guy hurts the girls' feeling for a payback. Also, in the first season, out of all the lead guys' characters, Yunhai (lead character) was the nicest out of all versions, but there will be changes in the second season. Lastly, would be the Korean version.

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
Maya_Fantasy said:
Where can I check out the American version?

Lenlin, I'm not sure if you see the "Coffee Princes" thai version, if they can pulled of the "Coffee Princes" I think they will do well with this one too.  But I hope they don't do scene per scene as they did with "CP". :yuck: :thumbdown: That one is annoying, they didn't have their own identity at all. At least "Full House" with Aom and Mike has their own essences.
I believe you can check out the American version on Viki but I'm not sure you want to lol 

chulie

sarNie Egg
i wouldn't say the korean version is the most popular version, because you have to consider the time period when it came out. Meteor Garden shot F4 into stardom and swept across Asia when it aired, everyone knew and the songs were played everywhere in restaurants. the korean version is popular in its time, a decade later. i would dare say the taiwanese ver made a bigger impact because at the time it was hard to create "trend" in Asia, and Meteor Garden did. kdramas are popular, no real way to measure it since everything korean is "trendy" nowadays.

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
chulie said:
i wouldn't say the korean version is the most popular version, because you have to consider the time period when it came out. Meteor Garden shot F4 into stardom and swept across Asia when it aired, everyone knew and the songs were played everywhere in restaurants. the korean version is popular in its time, a decade later. i would dare say the taiwanese ver made a bigger impact because at the time it was hard to create "trend" in Asia, and Meteor Garden did. kdramas are popular, no real way to measure it since everything korean is "trendy" nowadays.

You're right. The Taiwanese version of BOF were considered to bring a very big impact for its very first live adaption of the manga, and this version was the most popular first live adaption of the mango, which made F4 became so popular around the world at those times. I still remember their first album song through this series, Meteor Rain, that song was my favorite of all time <3 But sadly, I didn't watch it since the time they aired this series. However, it was because of the Taiwanese version that originally made this show spread around the world, that even other countries remakes this. It has already been 6 versions, Thailand is the 7th version of this manga. The start of the popular live adaption of the mango is originally made from Taiwan, although the mango was originally from Japan.

Meteor Garden 1 & 2 was the 1st version, which was aired in 2001-2002. (Taiwanese Version)
Hana Yori Dango/Hana Yori Dango Returns/Hana Yori Dango Final were the 2nd version, which were aired in 2005-2008. (Japanese Version)
Boys Over Flowers was the 3rd version, which was aired on 2009. (Korean Version)
Meteor Shower was the 4th version, which was on 2009-2010. (Chinese Version)
Boys Over Friends was the 5th version, probably aired on 2010 or 2011, unsure. Don't know, don't care. (American Version)
Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan is the 6th version, which was aired on 2014 and continuous premiering. (Indian Version)

So, the Thai version is the 7th version already.

sarNie Adult
mmgjp314 said:
The original version was from Taiwan, called Meteor Garden. It was filmed since 2001. Then Japan remade this drama in 2005, called Hana Yori Dango. Korea remakes it in 2009. However, the Japanese version was the original Movie, which was filmed since 1995. But the ones we're talking about is Drama, so the original Drama/Lakorn was from Taiwan.

I haven't watch the Japanese and Taiwanese versions yet, I will start right now. A lot of people said the Taiwanese version was better. But I don't know which one to start, I loved the Korean version because I only watched that one haha But I might change my mind.

Yes, I do remember the 1995 version. it's funny how each version changes depending on the fashion trends of that era. I mean, the main characters ARE supposed to be rich and trendy and all that. In the 1995 version, long sleeved loose polos and high waisted pants were the "in-thing" . The taiwan version is famous for the Nokia cell phones! then the fashion choices were so different for the Japanese and the Korean versions. Though I think the one that was really close to the manga, in terms of fashion, was the Taiwan version. Looking back now, their outfits are so cringe worthy. :p

mmgjp314 said:

You're right. The Taiwanese version of BOF were considered to bring a very big impact for its very first live adaption of the manga, and this version was the most popular first live adaption of the mango, which made F4 became so popular around the world at those times. I still remember their first album song through this series, Meteor Rain, that song was my favorite of all time <3 But sadly, I didn't watch it since the time they aired this series. However, it was because of the Taiwanese version that originally made this show spread around the world, that even other countries remakes this. It has already been 6 versions, Thailand is the 7th version of this manga. The start of the popular live adaption of the mango is originally made from Taiwan, although the mango was originally from Japan.

Meteor Garden 1 & 2 was the 1st version, which was aired in 2001-2002. (Taiwanese Version)
Hana Yori Dango/Hana Yori Dango Returns/Hana Yori Dango Final were the 2nd version, which were aired in 2005-2008. (Japanese Version)
Boys Over Flowers was the 3rd version, which was aired on 2009. (Korean Version)
Meteor Shower was the 4th version, which was on 2009-2010. (Chinese Version)
Boys Over Friends was the 5th version, probably aired on 2010 or 2011, unsure. Don't know, don't care. (American Version)
Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan is the 6th version, which was aired on 2014 and continuous premiering. (Indian Version)

So, the Thai version is the 7th version already.

Holy cow! I've never heard of the Indian version. That is so interesting! But wikipedia says it has 150 episodes. I think my limit is 60. I don't think I can handle 150. I'll just wait for the Thai version then. hahaha. 

I've seen the Taiwan, Japanese and Korean versions. Although i'm fairly new to the world of Lakorns, I'm guessing that it'll turn out to be more like the Taiwan version than the Korean version - with the exception of course of the main female character. I think if it were a Lakorn, the girl character would be more expressive, assertive and animated like perhaps the Japanese or Korean versions. I dunno, the Taiwan version to me seemed more dramatic and "corny", but in a good way. And the mother villain would definitely be more cuckoo in the Thai version, I think. 

I think Push would look really good as the main character (the Domyouji) although it's hard to imagine him with curly hair. The crucial character in Hana Yori Dango though is the secondary male lead (the Rui). For me, the best version is the Japanese version, just because I felt that the Japanese Rui was the best. I think the second main character was made for all the girl viewers to fall in love with him so they can all just root for the main girl and main guy to end up together. Whoever they pick as the Rui, I think he has to be good at smiling with tears in his eyes. Not a lot of guys can do that. Unfortunately, I've only seen CH3 Lakorns so far so I don't know any guys who can fit the bill for this one.  

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
I don't necessarily think the main guy must have curly hair. I don't think he in the Taiwanese version and he definitely didn't in the Chinese version.