❤️[ONE31] Hua Jai Sila (?): Tor Thanaphob/ Fernynop Nopjira/ Ann Sirium/ Ben Raviyanun/

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
My HJS review...at last. I'm going to be rating this by characters, storyline, OST/editing, etc., and the overall drama rating.
*This will contain spoilers if you hadn't finished and please don't criticize for my opinions.
Also, my opinions are not geared towards any Asianfuse member, so please don't take any offense.

Characters (as in the actors who played and the actual character development): I absolutely love the pairing of Tor & Fern (as I know everyone else is lol). Like a lot of you guys, I never really watched anything with Tor or Fern. I could tell Tor was a great actor by the way he portrayed Sila and P'Tor. Even though Fern is more of a newbie and that her acting lacked a little in the beginning, you can tell she improved to the end. I really liked Ben, Ann, and Typhoon, they three portrayed the roles well. Ben was a great nang rai who was to prideful; Ann Sirium is also great in being that evil person who too loves her family (I felt bad when Sawit died and she hugged him). And Typhoon, he played that spoiled son well to the point where I disliked him hahaha. There wasn't really any character development with Min other than her undying love and faith for P'Tor; but she held on her own when she decided to be badass. I do enjoy P'Tor's development in here, from the cold-hearted jerk, Sila, who would do anything to avenge for his mother and aunt to the warm, loving P'Tor who smiled and cared for Min, but it was kind of quick. The turn around between Sila/Tor and Min's relationship flipped 180 so quick. I do prefer the characters in here than the older version though. Mingkwan was more prideful and disgusted of P'Tor, than being easy with money, which I believed was the great revenge for Sila. Sida showed more love towards Sawit compared to the older version. Probably because Sawit didn't die in the original one, but still. I still like Bie and Fang's portrayals of Sila and Min, but Bie's Sila was more calmer and playful in his revenge compared to Tor and Fang's Min was annoying and intrusive. Rating: 9.5/10

Storyline:
At first I really enjoyed this lakorn. With the revenge and the kisses. I was obsessed like everyone. But once Min and P'Tor got all lovey and close, I started to want this lakorn to finish, which was why it took me a while to finish this (I think it was episode 19 when it started to drag in my opinion. Or when Min back hugged P'Tor, wanting him to stay with her). This lakorn was fast paced in the beginning; like Sila already slept with Mingkwan in the first half of the lakorn, which I didn't mind. But I wanted Min to hate P'Tor longer but it was so quick when P'Tor showed Min Mee in the hospital. I wanted that rscene (forgive me for having a dirty mind lol). - I honestly forgot some plot points because it aired for 3 months. I honestly forgot Noon was Na Maem who had a thing with the General. Like at the funeral I was like, "oh yeah, Noon was in here". I think the drama should've ended sooner but they added filler to get the watchers' attention (with the whole P'Tor and Min cute scenes -> which helps with video editing but not as a drama watcher). And it got a little too cheesy. Which, like I said, is great for video editing, but not as a drama watcher. I do think it was corny how Min gave P'Tor a "heart of stone". Rating: 7.5/10

Etcetera
(OST & editing): I love the OST. I love the main OSTs, Yes Sir Days and the Get You Out. And I loved every other OST, especially when Getsunova came in cuz I freaking love them! But I thought it was an excessive use of music. Like every scene with Sila/Tor and Min, there was a new song (sometimes it'd be the main OST), I never got the feels from it. Even though I admit it fit well with the situation. - Unpopular opinion (I apologize, don't kill me): I don't like Tor's version of Hua Jai Kaung Tur. I loveeee Bie's version and I loved it when it played in the lakorn and I wished it played more. In fact, I was hoping Bie's Kau Mee Tur would come up at first. But because of how the lakorn went, I'm a little happy it didn't. I'm just not a fan of Tor's version. The editing was fine, there were some scenes in which I would question (like the split screen) but it's not a biggie. Rating: 8/10

Overall:
I really enjoyed watching this lakorn, despite the dragging and some other factors. I wouldn't really consider this as a remake because it's not the same as the 2007 version. It has the same storyline and major points, but it was portrayed differently by the characters and how it flowed. It did drag and it did get cheesy in the end. Whenever a lakorn/drama gets famous, it's the fanbase that's crazy. They get obsessed over the coupling that they start to believe they should be a real couple. We all think P'Tor and Min is adorable, but Tor and Fern do not love each other and fans just gotta accept that. - And when a drama gets really popular, people start arguing on the "sharing vs. stealing" issue. This totally happened to the kdrama Goblin to the point where there's no thread for it because of people don't know how to respect others. Why ruin a good lakorn with your obsession? Rating (mathematically): 8.3/10 --> Rating: 8.5/10

Would I recommend this lakorn to someone? Yes --> as long as they are into revenge lakorns and are used to lakorns. I had a friend who stopped watching this because they didn't like how Sila slept with Mingkwan because they were half-siblings with Min. It's a lakorn for heaven's sake.

Look forward to my mv too! Unless I lose motivation lol.

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
My HJS review...at last. I'm going to be rating this by characters, storyline, OST/editing, etc., and the overall drama rating.
*This will contain spoilers if you hadn't finished and please don't criticize for my opinions.
Also, my opinions are not geared towards any Asianfuse member, so please don't take any offense.

Characters (as in the actors who played and the actual character development): I absolutely love the pairing of Tor & Fern (as I know everyone else is lol). Like a lot of you guys, I never really watched anything with Tor or Fern. I could tell Tor was a great actor by the way he portrayed Sila and P'Tor. Even though Fern is more of a newbie and that her acting lacked a little in the beginning, you can tell she improved to the end. I really liked Ben, Ann, and Typhoon, they three portrayed the roles well. Ben was a great nang rai who was to prideful; Ann Sirium is also great in being that evil person who too loves her family (I felt bad when Sawit died and she hugged him). And Typhoon, he played that spoiled son well to the point where I disliked him hahaha. There wasn't really any character development with Min other than her undying love and faith for P'Tor; but she held on her own when she decided to be badass. I do enjoy P'Tor's development in here, from the cold-hearted jerk, Sila, who would do anything to avenge for his mother and aunt to the warm, loving P'Tor who smiled and cared for Min, but it was kind of quick. The turn around between Sila/Tor and Min's relationship flipped 180 so quick. I do prefer the characters in here than the older version though. Mingkwan was more prideful and disgusted of P'Tor, than being easy with money, which I believed was the great revenge for Sila. Sida showed more love towards Sawit compared to the older version. Probably because Sawit didn't die in the original one, but still. I still like Bie and Fang's portrayals of Sila and Min, but Bie's Sila was more calmer and playful in his revenge compared to Tor and Fang's Min was annoying and intrusive. Rating: 9.5/10

Storyline:
At first I really enjoyed this lakorn. With the revenge and the kisses. I was obsessed like everyone. But once Min and P'Tor got all lovey and close, I started to want this lakorn to finish, which was why it took me a while to finish this (I think it was episode 19 when it started to drag in my opinion. Or when Min back hugged P'Tor, wanting him to stay with her). This lakorn was fast paced in the beginning; like Sila already slept with Mingkwan in the first half of the lakorn, which I didn't mind. But I wanted Min to hate P'Tor longer but it was so quick when P'Tor showed Min Mee in the hospital. I wanted that rscene (forgive me for having a dirty mind lol). - I honestly forgot some plot points because it aired for 3 months. I honestly forgot Noon was Na Maem who had a thing with the General. Like at the funeral I was like, "oh yeah, Noon was in here". I think the drama should've ended sooner but they added filler to get the watchers' attention (with the whole P'Tor and Min cute scenes -> which helps with video editing but not as a drama watcher). And it got a little too cheesy. Which, like I said, is great for video editing, but not as a drama watcher. I do think it was corny how Min gave P'Tor a "heart of stone". Rating: 7.5/10

Etcetera
(OST & editing): I love the OST. I love the main OSTs, Yes Sir Days and the Get You Out. And I loved every other OST, especially when Getsunova came in cuz I freaking love them! But I thought it was an excessive use of music. Like every scene with Sila/Tor and Min, there was a new song (sometimes it'd be the main OST), I never got the feels from it. Even though I admit it fit well with the situation. - Unpopular opinion (I apologize, don't kill me): I don't like Tor's version of Hua Jai Kaung Tur. I loveeee Bie's version and I loved it when it played in the lakorn and I wished it played more. In fact, I was hoping Bie's Kau Mee Tur would come up at first. But because of how the lakorn went, I'm a little happy it didn't. I'm just not a fan of Tor's version. The editing was fine, there were some scenes in which I would question (like the split screen) but it's not a biggie. Rating: 8/10

Overall:
I really enjoyed watching this lakorn, despite the dragging and some other factors. I wouldn't really consider this as a remake because it's not the same as the 2007 version. It has the same storyline and major points, but it was portrayed differently by the characters and how it flowed. It did drag and it did get cheesy in the end. Whenever a lakorn/drama gets famous, it's the fanbase that's crazy. They get obsessed over the coupling that they start to believe they should be a real couple. We all think P'Tor and Min is adorable, but Tor and Fern do not love each other and fans just gotta accept that. - And when a drama gets really popular, people start arguing on the "sharing vs. stealing" issue. This totally happened to the kdrama Goblin to the point where there's no thread for it because of people don't know how to respect others. Why ruin a good lakorn with your obsession? Rating (mathematically): 8.3/10 --> Rating: 8.5/10

Would I recommend this lakorn to someone? Yes --> as long as they are into revenge lakorns and are used to lakorns. I had a friend who stopped watching this because they didn't like how Sila slept with Mingkwan because they were half-siblings with Min. It's a lakorn for heaven's sake.

Love everything you said!
The last part about how si slept with kwan is always funny that some people still have a issue about it! It just a story in a drama! :p :risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::facepalm:

Look forwards to more mvs hopefully!!

byebye

sarNie OldFart

Storyline:

Etcetera

Overall:

I definitely agreed on Min's character development, she was a walking shadow throughout the lakorn. She was after Sila or is Kwan's sister. Her character does have a lot of potential but it was never touch upon because I believe the writer didn't quite know what to do with her beside being Sila's prop.

Throughout the lakorn, she is chasing after him for him to leave Kwan alone then switched abruptly to her chasing him...period. It was a disservice to her character because I think she has a stronger backbone than that. Anyhow, with that being said, Fern did an amazing job because she didn't make Minta annoying even if her character wasn't valued much. She played it with calm, innocent and a sense of realistic charm. She's pretty relatable so in essence one almost find it hard to not like her.

I am OK with cheesy lines because all lakorns will get to that point once they fall in love. And their chemistry was so on point and effortlessly shown that we take it all in.

To me, it's the acting and chemistry is what saved this lakorn. Typhoon is amazing in his role. I have a love hate relationship with him. He turned out that way because of his mom but his evilness is also his doing as an adult. But Typhoon has such a naive, lost and huggable face that at times, I get him despite of his nastiness. He is a contradicting character for me. I didn't think Ann was that convincing as a mean person. Her facial expressions exaggerated way too much. Noon would have done better.

Tor takes the top notch for Sila. His emotions matched the scenes. My favorite scene will always be at the small house when Minta got hurt on the head. Tor executed that scene to perfection.

Last edited:

chancee_stiles

Always be kind.
Hi, everyone! My very first time in this thread since I didn't know there is such a thread like this for discussion. I've only been on Soompi so :). Just happy to see this thread is still moving even after the drama ended. I think I'm still having HJS withdrawals so here I am checking here :))). I just finished this Chinese movie, Secret Fruit, and the male lead, Chen Arthur, reminds me so much of Tor...ha ha..or Sila...but a gentle version of him.

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Hi, everyone! My very first time in this thread since I didn't know there is such a thread like this for discussion. I've only been on Soompi so :). Just happy to see this thread is still moving even after the drama ended. I think I'm still having HJS withdrawals so here I am checking here :))). I just finished this Chinese movie, Secret Fruit, and the male lead, Chen Arthur, reminds me so much of Tor...ha ha..or Sila...but a gentle version of him.
Helloos
Welcome to our hua jai sila thread!
The obsession is an incurable disease!! :icon12:

:angel10::p:p:p:risas3::risas3::risas3::risas3::fighting3::fighting3::fighting3::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::risas3::p:rolleyes:

MKfan132

sarNie Coma
Hi and Welcome :).