❤️[ONE31] Wanthong (The One Enterprise): Mai Davika / Pong Nawat / Chakrit Yamnarm

Mannie

sarNie Adult
History about women trauma is in every culture. Every culture also have classical stories that are quite frightening so thai lakorns are not messed up because this is the kind of stories thailand regards as classical. Wanthong is basically retelling of stories through the years passed down by story tellers, some parts real, some parts fiction until someone actually sat down and recorded these stories and made it a big epic. Isn't it close enough to real life during those times though? There were actually people who went through this. We are fortunate enough to remember the struggle these people went through but not live it. We should learn from these stories, so I am glad Thailand made this a classic and can remind generations to be better.

Men back then and some even now still act the same. The King killed her because he could, easy still to get a man to kill a woman now.
I agree! Though not everyone can agree with this type of storyline or what it shows, I can actually gain a lot of life lessons, history, and get a meaning from the moral of the story. My parents know this story and it has been passed down and it’s not to make us super involved or in love with anyone in here like our traditional lakorns, but to show us that we make choices that affect one another and drags on in our lifetime. Basically, we get a sense of what it means to be a good human being while not judging others who are like Wanthong. My mom says she grew up listening to this story and there are a lot of songs and renditions. She says when someone can’t make up their mind they say “Wanthong Song Jai” meaning Wanthong with two hearts. It’s not to look down on her but to remind you of what she went through when people judged her for not making up her mind. Something along those lines haha I didn’t grow up with this story but I’m trying to see it from a cultural perspective and not to shun it down just cause it doesn’t meet our ideal stories. The Greek mythology has some pretty messed up stuff too but we learn it as well, so I don’t see a difference in terms of the principal.

sarNie Adult
Kinda feel bad for Pong. Guy always getting the lead male roles no one likes. Chakrit is getting a lot of phrase for his role. He was a really good pick for Khun Chang.

In the comments for the highlight about when Wanthong gets sentenced, people say that Wanthong chose no one in the end, and the King interpreted that as being "song-jai". Like woman doesn't want to be with either of the guys. What don't you understand, man? So the story is a lesson in how the time was so male dominated and how poorly women were treated.

The wiki kinda says differently though. It says she couldn't make up her mind? Not sure which one is the actual story. She couldn't make up her mind or that she chose no one, didn't want to choose anyone?

Last edited:

sarNie Adult
I feel like Mai & Baifern are ratings queens in anything they're cast in. Probably more so with Mai, because she's not in as many dramas as Baifern.

I watch the highlights and read a few of the comments on this one.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
This will have 15 2 hour episodes, as indirectly confirmed by iQiYi.

And this got a 2.9 rating last night.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
When you look at the transition of Mai leaving channel 7 she has done well. She's at ease and isn't doing more than she should. But is still presented with some good scripts. Some of the channel 7 leading ladies basically disappeared after leaving. I think if she stayed with channel 7 she would have burned all the bridges she could think of lol. Leaving the channel is probably the best decision for her. Professionally and personally. She found a good man, still model and able to established herself at one31.

mayag

sarNie Adult
When you look at the transition of Mai leaving channel 7 she has done well. She's at ease and isn't doing more than she should. But is still presented with some good scripts. Some of the channel 7 leading ladies basically disappeared after leaving. I think if she stayed with channel 7 she would have burned all the bridges she could think of lol. Leaving the channel is probably the best decision for her. Professionally and personally. She found a good man, still model and able to established herself at one31.
Honestly! She’s living her best life right now. Beautiful gal, has a sincere partner, one of the top models in Thailand, and a popular actress as well (who can actually act). Damn...

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Plus she's now the most followed Thai actress on IG, finally overtaking Aum Patchrapa. (Lisa is still the most followed female Thai celebrity by a mile.)

sarNie Adult
Other than BL and then the BL fans loyally following the actors' works who played in them, I feel like international people are only ever interested in Thailand because of Lisa.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Plus she's now the most followed Thai actress on IG, finally overtaking Aum Patchrapa. (Lisa is still the most followed female Thai celebrity by a mile.)

For some reason I never even thought of Aum as the most followed. I thought it was Yaya the most followed. And didn't feel like any other actresses would match up to her.

Liddysopretty

sarNie Juvenile
It's hard to find a leading actress in the younger generation who can truly emote, making reel seem real. Mai does it so beautifully and well in here. I don't see Mai anymore when I watch this sad story, all I see is Wanthong. Major kudos to her. I've been enjoying this lakorn since day one and am so glad that the cast and drama are so loved at the moment. Well deserved, indeed.

To me, if there's no Mai, I'm not sure if I'd be drawn into this drama. This level of incomparable and breathtaking beauty is how I imagined Wanthong to look like, so pretty that a pair of friends would fight over for their entire lives. I'm glad she accepted the challenge and took the part. In the younger generation, it's hard to surpass Mai's beauty.

bit

sarNie Adult
Mai is smart that she doesn’t confine herself to any channel and are okay with accepting any kind of role may it be comedic or melodrama.

Her name and brand stands for herself that she doesn’t need to associate herself with anything or anyone to get attention.