❤️ Various ET News

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Have to watch the whole thing first to know for sure. Most times, subtitle translation is not just line by line and word for word. Sometimes each line in subtitles need to capture previous or next line being said (due to language structure). The translator could be trying to show tone/context/attitude that native speakers immediately understand by watching the actors, but non-speakers cannot. In this sense, that the characters are young, brash and have little regard for law. I think.

I’ve done some translation before and Asian language to English is probably the hardest. Asian languages are context-rich - you need to understand culture to really understand what is being said. Plus more Asian cultures are also more subtext-rich (what is not said is often more than what is being said). English is a language where the communicated meaning is more captured in dialogue. Speakers are often upfront about what they mean by what they say. Often I think Asian to Asian language translation is easier in terms of culture and subtext.

I agree with you though.. I always thought Ch3 should always offer their old dramas to Netflix. Like Juthatep, or the 4 Huajai series. Some of their evening dramas too. Creates demand for their current dramas in the streaming services.

Yes... I did stated, I know they need to adjust the wording that is similar.

I have also translated Thai for lakorns before and it is hard, takes a lot of time .rewriting, some words there is no translation for....esp ...subbing....

I still feel we didn't do anything wrong is better than we are clean

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
@nat12 yeah I always enjoyed her few singing moments more than I have her other activities haha

I totally loved mint's top, think Matt's would've been perfect if not for the weird leggings haha these outfits a knock off inspiration of tyla's water haha

nat12

sarNie Adult
I happened to find a social media post (on IG, I think) that announced Film & Jam are ending their BL pairing and they will now work on other projects and with other actors. They might still work together in the future but for now they’re pursuing other opportunities. And their international fans are upset? What is this delusion? Do these people not realise that these guys are… actors?

I know the BL fanbase is huge but I didn’t realise they’re nuts.

When I read their comments it was like reading deluded fan girl thoughts from livejournal & tumblr era. :confused0:

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
I'm on IG and people are thinking NY broke up just because they are too busy and have to postpone the wedding for a bit. People are confused because Nadech didn't go to Yaya's bday party? GRRRR I'm actually angry the media and fans are making a fuss out of this. How is it any of our business what they do with their wedding? Seriously, get a grip! Nadech has a drama, movie and now stage play along with CFs, meetings, etc and they expect him to plan a wedding this year?! OMG. Let the boy breath! I'm surprised he's still so damn nice to the media and his fans. Yaya too! Crazy fans are taking advantage of two very hard working and kind people. Let them live their lives, how much more do they need to prove that they are a loving couple? I wish they plan their wedding quietly and don't even let people know when they get hitched because a lot of people don't deserve to witness it! Whew. Good I got that out of my system. lol

nat12

sarNie Adult
@neenavaj I’ve been seeing that too and honestly I think people are nuts. That’s why I say Thai fans are too used to having their celebs oversharing that if they don’t see people together they just assume these people are not getting along or fighting wtf.

I think it’s cos I’m an older millenial who can remember life without social media, but social media really doesn’t show every single moment of a person’s life! Judging a celeb by what we see in public is like judging our lives back in the day by our photo albums or something.

I heard Nadech saying their wedding is postponed for now with no definite date and I wasn’t surprised by it. Look at how busy they are. And the decision seems mutual and understood by their families too so who are we to judge?

The issue is of course uncreative reporters then take these random netizen ramblings as valid questions and bother the artistes with it. Sigh.