2 old Chinese movie

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
i'm not much of a fan of Charlie Chen Chin Han, Joan Lin, and etc. i mean i watched their stuff but didn't really follow them (even tho it was years years before my time). i did like Charlie Chen and Brigitte Lin in Different Love. i also liked Chen Chen and Charlie Chin in Fantasies Behind the Pearly Curtains. altho i found Patrick Tse kind of creepy in FBPC...or i just think he's creepy in general. oh yes and i can never really watch Chin Han because i just feel that he's too passive so i end up annoyed with him and his character. with that said, i generally love movies based on Qiong Yao plots.

i liked Kenny Bee, Lu Sau Ling (she has other spelling for her name too), Brigitte Lin and Yue Zong Yue (the main guy from Ask the Sunset) most. of course my fave of all time for that genre and period was Errant Love (Ju San Liang Yi Yi)

oh and they remade Fantasies Behind the Pearly Curtain. i think it's a china production and the title is Dreams Link. there's no eng subs for it other then what is on vikki site. the actresses are cute and pretty and the guys are ok. i prefer Chen Chen for the main girl role then the Dreams Link girl. the girl in Dreams Link is more cutesy then gutsy (which Chen Chen was) but she is pretty.

starryXing* what's your youtube username?
I'm not much fan of Yue Zong Yue, but then again I've only really seen him in 2-3 movies. I wish Asking the Sunset ended differently.

But I like Errant Love too-- LOL... I have like 4-5 versions of the movie. Coincidentally, it's my youtube theme at the moment.

If you love Errant Love, you might like my Errant Love/My Cape of my Dreams MVs-- I have 8 versions of the Errant Love & 4 of My Cape of my Dreams themesongs on my page. It's not the same song in the movie, but different versions of the songs. Look for it under my playlist titled: Various MVs/previews/clips

it's 00starryXing00: http://www.youtube.com/user/00starryXing00

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
oh yes i've seen your vids, starryXing*, and was wondering where you got the themesongs when i was watching them. i was able to get one version of errant love themesong (on amazon) but i don't like the version i have as much as the one on your vid #8. do you know the name of the singer on that vid? neways the version i have is by Li Bi Hua.

i've seen My Cape of Many Dreams but i'm not really a fan of Chin Han so whenever i watch his stuff i do get slightly annoyed/irritated by him. altho i really like Liu Sau Ling's character because she had that spunky type of character. i thought it would have been better if Kenny Bee was the main male lead. still entertaining tho.

oh and i liked the ending to Asking the Sunset...i'm sucker for sad endings.

starryXing*

sarNie Adult
Yeah, I agree-- I really wanted her to end up with Kenny in MCOMD. Chin Ha was really old looking in there. I think I just like him from earlier movies.

I'm a sucker for sad endings most of the time too, but that's if one of them dies or something and they really can't be together. Asking the Sunset was more of like: "I'm giving you up" kind of separation which I didn't like. But then again, sometimes those endings do work for me because there's always a possibility they can still be together someday, where death can be sooo final... LOL.

As to the songs, I really don't remember. It was a really long time ago-- years and years I think, so I've had them on my computer for a while until I came up with the MV idea a couple months ago. But I'm sure I didn't find them on just a site, they were scattered all over different sites, and I'm sure they were Chinese sites, so I couldn't remember the website names even if I tried. Sorry.

This all I have on the song clips and artists:
Version 1: Tong Li (童丽) & unknown guy
Version 2: Unknown
Version 3: Unknown
Version 4: Unknown
Version 5: Jiang su (姜苏)
Version 6: Pan An Pang (潘安邦) or Zuo Hongyuan (左宏元) - really can't remember and don't really believe the artist listed in the song's details.
Version 7: Unknown, but I heard it was a re-sing of the version in the movie by the artist, and I'm pretty sure Li Bi Hua was the original singer, so maybe it's her too. Or maybe it was Version 8 that I was reading this about, I'm not sure. :)
Version 8: Li Bi Hua (李碧华) I'm pretty sure this version was Li Bi Hua though.