A hmong story

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
omg u guys need to rite more it's getting so good i wanna help but i'm not good with stories so like yea. plz continue............. i'm lovin' it

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
*Knock* *knock *

“Sheng?” Mai said as she walks into Sheng’s room, finding Sheng sitting on the side of her bed. Sheng didn’t bother to answer.

“Sheng I’m rea-“

*Slap *

“I can’t believe you Mai!!!” Sheng started screaming, “ I can’t believe that you are trying to steal Meng from me!!!”

Touching the place where Sheng had slapped her, she looks up with guilt in her eyes. She knew that it was her fault that her sister marriage didn’t go as planned. If she hasn’t gone to the park, maybe her sister would have been happily married.

“Sheng, wha-“

Again she was cut off by Sheng, “don’t try to act like you didn’t! How ironic that you both went missing at the same time!”

Again guilt started building up inside of her.

“You knew how much I liked Meng!!! Why did you try to steal him, when you agree to give him to me uh?” Sheng shouted, pushing Mai back.

Again Mai couldn’t attempt to say anything.
---------------------
“Son where did you go?” Meng father ask when his son walks in.

“Dad, are we still doing the wedding?”
---------------
“Why Mai!!!!” Sheng continue shoving her sister.

*Knock *

“Sheng, Meng is here, come out.” Their mother knocked on the door.

‘What! Why is he here.’ Mai thought as Sheng slowly disappear into the living room.

Coming out of the room Mai notice Sheng having her arms around Meng, but it seem as though Meng didn’t seem to care.

“Mr. Lo, we are here to continue the marriage between your daughter and my son.” Mai listen as she sat down beside her mother.

“Oh, that’s good cause I thought that this marriage was off.”

“Well I did, but then my son said he was sorry cause he went over to his friends house to drink and got dunk.”

“Oh, well that’s ok, shall we started setting a date again for this marriage?”

“Sure thing. Let set it next week.”

“Ok, lets see what the two kids think.”

“Sure I wouldn’t mind.” Sheng shouted in excitement.

“what about you Meng?” Mr. Lo ask.

“no problem, but I have something to say.” Meng slowly got up and walk over to Mai, wrapping one arms around her waist, “but I have to marry Mai too.”
----------
i hope i didn't ruin the story... :sweat: i decide to add a little twist to the story...hehehehe

gurl

sarNie Hatchling
omg it's getting good.............. ^^Y

bugsy

sarNie Adult
“DABTSI NO??!!’ shouted everyone in the room.

Mai quickly removed his hand around her. “Umm….umm….what to do…what to do” thought Mai to herself, panicking. “Are you sure you’re not still drunk?” she asked with a chuckle, hoping to change the mood.

“No, I’m completely sober and what I said is what I said,” he replied.

Mai quickly scanned the faces of everyone. Sheng looked pissed off, her parents were still in shock and Meng’s father was frowning with embarrassment. There was a while of pure awkward silence.

“Well, I’m sorry Mr. and Mrs. Lo. Please forgive my son for his words. I don’t know what these young ones are thinking nowadays,” Mr. Xiong said, apologizing. And then he turned to Meng. “Mis tub. You can’t always do as you wish. Don’t make this more complicated on your parents. We already agreed that you would take Sheng’s hand in marriage. Do you want the Los to lose face? Don’t you think you’ve caused enough trouble by just disappearing the last time? What we put on the table last time is still on there….don’t be changing it as you wish. Me and Mr. Lo have been flexible with the marriage until now…don’t you think you ought to give us face?”

With tears in her eyes, Sheng ran out of the room. Mai followed.

“Son Meng, what are you trying to do to my daughters? But, even as chaos has arisen, we cant turn back time. I guess we’ll just have to work this out. But I’ll let you know…I love my two daughters very much and I don’t want both of them sharing one husband. So it’s either one or the other,” said Mr. Lo.

There was a little pause before Meng finally said, “Fine, I’ll just marry one then. And I’ll have you know that I intend to marry..”

“Sheng. He intends to marry Sheng,” interrupted Meng’s father.

“Father!”

“Haven’t we already talked about this? You cant just keep switching from one daughter to the next. To make this less complicated and to give the Los face, we will have you married to the one we said you were going to marry. And that is Sheng.”

-------------In the kitchen----------------

After a while of not saying anything, Mai said, “Sheng, I’m sorry…I had no idea he would say such a thing. And did you hear that? Mr. Xiong just said you’d be the bride.”

“Why would he say that, Mai? Why would Meng say such a thing? Why? And even if Meng is to marry me, now I don’t know how much I could trust him to love me. What’s wrong with just me as his wife? Meng, how can you break my heart like this? And…and….why did he ask your hand in marriage? Is there something I don’t know about?” said Sheng.

Mai, feeling guilty and helpless, patted Sheng’s head and started to cry also. “I don’t know why he would say just a thing,” lied Mai, “but don’t worry…I’m your big sister…and I wont let that happen.”

Still feeling suspicious, Sheng asked, “Do you promise?”

Mai cried even harder and her heart beated like she’s never known before. She knew it was real but she refused to accept it. She can’t be with that guy, that guy is her brother-in-law-to-be, her sister’s future husband.

“Yes, I promise. And I’ll do you one better. I’ll go talk to him on your behalf and ask him to take your hand in marriage.”

Sheng smiled and hugged her big sister.

--------Back in the living room---------

“Okay, so Meng will marry Sheng and that’s that. I’m very sorry about the trouble we’ve caused you all today and I ensure you that it wont happen again. And since I sense that its still a little tense, lets have the children get engaged first. Everything else, we’ll talk about later,” said Mr. Xiong.

With his head down, Meng and his father headed towards the door.

“Hrmmm….what is that boy really thinking?” thought Mr. Lo to himself.

“Wait!” shouted Mai as she ran towards them. “Meng, I have to talk to you. Excuse us for a moment Mr. Xiong.”

---------Outside-------

“Why did you do that!?” shouted Mai in anger as she pushed him.

“You know very well why I did that!”

“And so…after it all…how was the outcome? HUH?! Are you happy now? Now that you’ve made my sister cry and my parents all worried? And putting me in a very tense spot? You satisfied, you jerk!”

She was crying very hard by now.

“Mai, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to harm you or anyone you love.”

“Get away from me! We’re still at my house so you better watch your actions.”

Meng knew she was right and he felt helpless. He was also confused as to what to do next.

“Just to let you know, you’re going to marry my sister and that’s that! Don’t let her down like today, you got me? Did you actually think I would’ve said yes? Well, just to let you know….I would never marry such a man like you even if I was dying on the street”

Sadden by her words, Meng looked her in the eyes and said, “Those words you speak. Say them again.”

She was soo confused. Everything was turning upside down. She was feeling dizzy but still got the strength to say, “I….I…I would never marry you even if I was dying on the street!”

*Mai collapses and faints*

“Mai!!! Mai!!!!!!!” shouted Meng as he ran to catch her.

EEEkk…..sorry….Im sooo outta ideas. Did ya notice i was trying to incorporate hmong words....sorry if i spelled them wrong..lol.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
hehehe!!! it's gettin very interesting...thanks for the update..

Meng took Mai to the hospital.. There she lay in the hospital, her parents and sister went to visit her.

"My daughter, are you okay? Is there something you want to eat?" Mai's mother asked her.

Mai smiled at her mother and said, "Thanks mother but I'm fine. I'm just tired."

Mai's father turn to Meng and thank him for taking Mai to the hospital.

Sheng looks at Meng and asked him, "What's wrong with Mai? Did you asked the doctor yet?"

"I haven't asked yet but I'll go asked right now." Meng replied.

Sheng smiled and said," I'll go with you."

Meng nodded. Sheng and Meng was about to head out.

Mai stood up quickly and smiled at them and said, "Don't go. I'm fine now. I didn't eat yesterday that's why I fainted but I promise from now on. I won't do that again."

Mai's mother looked at her and said, "You didn't eat? Why's that?"

Mai trying to find the right words, she replied, "Because ever since I came back I've been having stomachaces. Really bad ones."

Mai's mother smiled and said," Why didn't you tell mother, silly daughter."

Mai smiled.

"In that case, Mai is okay. No need to go." said Mai's father to Meng and Sheng.

Meng looked at Mai and was about to say something when Mai cuts him off and said,"I'm okay, maybe later today i will get to come home. Don't worry about me. You guys head on home and I'll call you guys."

Sheng smiled and nodded and said," Right, if Mai's not sick. They probably will let her come home this afternoon."

Sheng looked at Mai and said, "Sister, I'll go home and cook you some soup.."

Mai smiled and replied, "Thankyou."

MEng looked at Mai, Sheng pull Meng's arm and said," Let's go Meng."

~~~~~~~~ I hope i didn't ruin it... for anybody... :)

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
Mai knew very well why she fainted. It was about a year ago that she was still back in her freshman year in college. The same thing happens during when she was in her English Class, when all of the sudden she couldn't breathe as her breath became heavily, while her sight started getting blurring. But when she woke up she found herself in the hospital. That’s when the bad news hit her, that she has a heart problem.

She never thought that this would happen again since the last time she checked in with her doctor they say that she was doing fine now and that her heart problem has stopped. That’s why she didn’t tell her parents cause she didn’t want them to worried so much about her. The only person that knew she has a heart problem was her friend, Houa and Houa promise not to tell anyone.

“Mai?” the doctor say as he came in.

“Yes?”

“Where are your parents?”

“Oh they went home.”

“Did you tell them about-?”

“No I haven’t.”

“Mai, this is a serious problem!”

“I know.”

The doctor sigh, “ I don’t know how your heart problem came back, I mean last time you were here, it was cure.”

Mai sigh, “ I don’t know.”

“Your heart problem is a big deal now, you need to get treatment again.” The doctor suggested.

Back when Mai started having her heart problem it was easy to get treatment since she wasn’t living with her parents and she doesn’t have to keep a secret to Houa on where she was going.

“…” Mai made no respond.

“Mai! Your heart problem is way worster then before.”

Snapping out of her thoughts she continue, “I know. Hm…lets talk about this next time.” With that she got up and walk toward the door ready to leave, “doctor, I don’t want my sister or my parent knowing about this, since it’s almost my sister….” Mai paused for a bit, biting her bottom lip trying to keep the tears from falling, “since it’s almost my sister’s wedding and I don’t want to ruin their happiness.”

“Ok, but you have to come back to get treatment…ok?”

Mai nodded her head.
------
sorry i hope i didn't ruin the story! >.<

mokka

sarNie Adult
Mai slowly walked into the house, "I'm home," she shouted and went upstairs to her room. She pulled her cell phone and dialed Houa's number. "Houa, this is Mai, I have to talk to you."

"Sure when?"

"ASAP!" she said in a serious voice.

"Mai are you ok?"

"I'll tell you when we see each other. Meet me at starbuck now."

"Ok, Mai,"

Mai hung up and went back downstairs. she went into the kithen and her sister was cooking, "hey Sheng, tell mom and dad that I going to meet Houa. She said she has some news to tell me so yeah."
Sheng nodded, "Aren't you going to eat first?"
"Oh, um..." she bit her lower lips and then shook her head, "I ate a Mcchicken before coming here. I promise to eat it when I come back." and rushed out.

Sheng scratched her head, "Ok? i thought you were hungry that's why you fainted."

Houa walked into Starbuck and saw Mai at the corner. She ran towards her, "What is it?" as she saw the serious expression on Mai.
Mai took a deep breathe, "It returned."
Houa jaw dropped, "What?"
"Remember your promise not to tell anyone, Houa. My heart problem returned."
Houa was shocked, "What I thought it was cure?"
"same here but I don't know what happen."
Houa touched her hand, "What are you going to do?"
She shrugged, as tears started to come down, "I don't know what I should say to my parents. I don't want them to worry about it." She took a deep breath, "Especially when Sheng is getting married. Having them worried about Sheng and her wedding is already stress out enough."
Houa nodded, "Get treatment no matter what."
Mai nodded, "If only they could do their wedding soon enough then I can tell my parents but then I don't want them to worry." Mai looked down at the table and then looked up at Houa, "Houa can I ask you a favor?"
"Yes, what is it?"
"Go with me back to school. There I'll get my treatment so that no one has to worry about it."
Houa nodded, "When are you going?"
"Soon, how about tomorrow? Do you think we could get a place so soon?"
Houa nodded, "Cheng and his wife are there so we can ask them if we could take a room."
Mai nodded, "Would you take care of it for me while I talked to parents about letting me go." Mai looked at her watch, "I promise Sheng I'll eat her cooking so I should be heading home, call and let me know what is going on alright."
"alright."

that night, Meng was over at their place. while eating he was looking at Mai. whenever Sheng or her parents looked at him, he would looked somewhere else.

Mai on the other hand, was worried. she didn't feel like eating at all. She took a deep breath, praying to herself, 'God, please help me, i just want to get away from here so I can get the treatment I need.'

"Mai..." said her mother. "Mai..." she touched Mai's arm.

"Huh?"
"Mai, dear what are you thinking about?"
Mai smiled, "Oh, nothing. I was thinking about..." she looked at Sheng and then Meng, "About the news Houa told me."
"What did the doctor said?" asked her father.
"Oh, nothing. I just eat more," she lied.

Just then the phone ring,
Mai stood up, "Got it..." and ran to get it, "hello?"

"Mai?"

"Houa, yes this is Mai."

"good news, I talked to Yer (Cheng's wife) and she said it's fine. Do you want to go tomorrow?"

Mai turned around to see if anyone was there, "Sure, thanks, Houa, you are the best. Let's leave around 5 in the morning."

Later that night, after dinner, Mai said she wanted to go outside and walked around the yard. As she was sitting down on the lawn, Meng walked towards her, "So, what did the doctor really say? Are you pregnant?"
Mai was surprised. She stood up and turned to look at her, "No, why would I be pregnant? Once cannot get me pregnant."
Meng walked in front of her, "I'm marrying Sheng because I was told to, don't think I'll love her."
Mai went in front of him, "You can't do that. You have to love her with all her heart."
"it's going to be different, Mai. It's not you. I loved you already and there is only one person in my heart that person is you." and he walked away.

The next day, at 5, Houa came and picked Mai up. She quickly opened and closed the door, so her parents wouldn't hear her. As she closed the front door, she turned to look at it once and then rushed to Houa's car.

later that morning, when sheng went to wake Mai up, she was gone. On her bed as a letter.

mokka

sarNie Adult
lol lido_Lynn, I don't know... let say we let the reader choose which one they like better... i like yours too... so yeah...

gurl

sarNie Hatchling
oo getting good .... i was surprise when i see hakkies name hehehe... remind me of yesterday or this morning when u guy where talking about it... :loool:

bugsy

sarNie Adult
i just had to say....lido! you added hakkie!! lol. And he's a business man? lol. Hakkie's his own boss. I thought he'd be on the street somewhere....lol....shhhh.

anyways....ini-mini-miney-mo....catch a tiger by its toe....darnit...i forgot.

gurl

sarNie Hatchling
Lido_Lynn said:
hahaha...yeah i added hakkie..i feel sorrie for him so he's a business man here....hahahahaa...but yeah..=)
[post="142252"][/post]​

=\.. i thought he wanted to be wild hehehe.... -.-'' oh well business suit him hehehe