A Possible World War III???

sulad

sarNie Adult
My sister and us were having a discussion of how there was a guy who can see the future and he said that there will be a World War III and where it'll cause everybody in the world to die. It was not clear, but it did mean that it'll be possible. I have been giving it some thoughts and I think there will. Like how Russia just invade Georgia and now USA is warning Russia to pull back from Georgia. I think that if this go on, it'll cause more problem and a war to happen. Is just some thoughts that I have been thinking and want to know some people thoughts on this.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
as long as their are people living on earth anything is possible because there will always be people who desire to be more than the others; especially now a days when the struggle for survival is going on. many prophets have speculated that their will be another war. It makes me so nervous because my husband is in the military :[

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
With everything that's been happening in this uncertained world, anything is possible. We'll never know if N. Korea has a hidden H-Bomb hidden somewhere ready to attack or if Iran has theirs all ready to go. And I'm pretty sure there are so many terrorists cells in America right now. God gave us a beautiful place to live, but man had to mess it up! What a shame.

SARY

sarNie Egg
There are those that believe in the Mayan calendar era where their time(world) ends 2012....yikes. Also the followers of the Nostradamus prophecy believe WW III will start during that time frame....unfortunately the way of Man is full of greed, power-hungry therefore total disruction is inevitable as this not so a pleasant characteristic of human nature, which will never be satisfied once you fall victim to the chasing of absolute power. Many empires have risen and fallen because of this. It sounds a little depressing therefore I have always live my life peacefully, loving ones family, friends, neighbours, all people. Life is too short and precious, don't waste your time hating. Naive as it is but it is better than conforming to the alternative.

myx

sArNieZ
if the world is going to die i'm not going to grow old. i'm not even marry :lmao: imma die single.

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
Instead of the world ending by a flood, it's going to be by a mass fire. No Noah to build an Ark this time.

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
I don't understand why Iraq is banned from the Olympics and Russia isn't, I don't understand why the U.S. isn't either.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I doubt it, and even if there were NOT EVERY SINGLE human being will die, the only way to do that is to send out a virus -- even then there are chances that some people will be immune to it -- the only other thing is to blow up the planet, but what's the point of warring if there's no survival?

As for Russia invading Georgia, the US and it's allies are still stronger than Russia and who ever decides to back up their invasion.

Back to what I was saying about not everyone will die. I don't think it'll happen because the US itself has never been attacked on it's mainland, why do you think it's so urban? It's never happened in the last two WWs, why would it happen now? We're just too far from everyone else, besides there's a rule that you're not suppose to attack a highly populated area (which is most of mainland US). That pretty much rules out that "everyone will die" IF there ever comes a WW III.

I'm sorry but I don't believe in the Biblical end of the world, most of that stuff was "borrowed" from other faiths (ie. old pagan stories). I just don't believe a higher intelligence would bother trying to destroy something that's not even worth thinking about. A higher being wouldn't waste time wiping out a species that will eventually be gone before he/she could blink. If it's our end, it's because we destoryed ourselves, not God or anything else.

Even if humanity is gone, it doesn't mean it'll be the end of the world, it'll just be the end of a human era.
There was life before us, and they'll be life long after we're gone. We're not the center of the universe, we're just a tiny speck in time.

Just because Iraq is temporarily banned from the Olympics why would the US be too?
Iraq was briefly banned from the Olympics in July after the government disbanded the country's NOC in May, a move that angered the IOC that accused the government of interfering.

After a desperate attempt to iron out differences, the IOC relented and allowed Iraqi athletes to compete only days before the Games, but insisted an election be held by the end of November to form a new NOC.

"They have agreed on the outlines of the rearrangement and election," the office of government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said in a statement.

"The deal stipulates that the election is to be held by the Iraqi independent electoral commission, under the supervision of the IOC and the Iraqi judicial system," it said.
Sounds to me like it has nothing to do with the US. It also looks like their athletes did get to compete afterall. :rolleyes:

I'm not worried about death. It's just a body, my soul will live on forever, whether it gets to come back into a body or not (IF there is even bodies left), is another story but regardless, they'll always be sentient beings.
I still don't think it's the end of a human era though, not even close, there's still a lot we as a species need to learn so humans will exist for quite a while longer. Whether there's a WW III, well I don't think it'll be anytime soon but I'm sure, eventually, in the future there will be. As a species, we're kind of stupid, we don't learn from our mistakes. There's always going to be some dumbass that feels the need to rule over others that don't want to be ruled.

I sense that it'll be the end or begining of something but not the end of humanity, not yet anyways.
The Mayan calendar ends on 2012, most people assume that it's the end of the world, the END of something.
What if it's just the end of an era and the begining of something else?

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
I still don't understand why the International Olympic Committee (IOC) would get in the way of the athletes just because of the North Oil Company (NOC). I don't see the direct relationship between the government and the athletes, at least they're not torturing the athletes like they did a few Olympics ago.

Anyways, I think we should worry about Global Warming before we worry about WWIII.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
how come some of us humans are never satisfied for what we already have? history repeating itself??

2012?!..what happen when it was during the Y2K? nothing...so i guess we can only wait to see what will "really" happen then. if something was to happen...there is no escape... theres no safe place to run to or to hide at that... we will just have to face it!

i dont think im afraid to die...its the loved ones that i fear for... i will miss everyone for sure!!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Anyways, I think we should worry about Global Warming before we worry about WWIII.
Amen to that.

i dont think im afraid to die...its the loved ones that i fear for... i will miss everyone for sure!!
Death is not an ending but a new begining. lol I sound like a fortune cookie, but anyway, it's what I believe.
You won't have to worry about missing anyone because you'll see all your loved ones again, with time. Of course if everyone dies you won't have to go a day without them. They'll be where ever you are. ^_^

It's seeing my loved ones suffer physically that I have a hard time with.
If we all go, I just hope it's quick and as painless as possible.

lady0fdarkness

how come some of us humans are never satisfied for what we already have? history repeating itself??

2012?!..what happen when it was during the Y2K? nothing...so i guess we can only wait to see what will "really" happen then. if something was to happen...there is no escape... theres no safe place to run to or to hide at that... we will just have to face it!

You and I both, Ami... I'm more afraid for my daughter. If I didn't have a daughter.. then I'm ready for whatever's coming at me.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
awww dont make me cry...i have quite a few nieces & nephews...scares me just thinking bout it. such innocent lives...dont know what kind of world they are getting into..

i just wanted to add..we have lived our lives..but they just barely started...

none3

sarNie Hatchling
If you are curious about the end of the world...read the Book of Revelation from the Holy Bible. Please don't judge the book negatively by people's response of the it, you need to read it for yourself and do your own investigation. Use your own judgment to believe or disbelieve the book. God Bless!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

darvil

sarNie Adult
The world could end but it probably won't. People have been saying since the invention of that sexy hip move by Elvis. But seriously folks.. All that BS about the Mayan calender and that Nostradamus guy whose "predictions" are just a garble of random rants. Now people trying to decipher Nostradamus predictions is almost as bad as people trying to predict the end of the world by reading revelations. I'm sure I can pull a deck of cards out of my ass and tell your future too if I just read into it far enough.

Anyway I saw what Kevin said and was surprised that Iraq was banned from the Olympics. I did a bit of digging and its not what I thought it was.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/07/24/iraq.olympics/

Looks like the Iraqi government interfered. Personally I think they should still let the athletes play but regardless its not exactly black and white.. more of a grey area.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
The world could end but it probably won't. People have been saying since the invention of that sexy hip move by Elvis. But seriously folks.. All that BS about the Mayan calender and that Nostradamus guy whose "predictions" are just a garble of random rants. Now people trying to decipher Nostradamus predictions is almost as bad as people trying to predict the end of the world by reading revelations. I'm sure I can pull a deck of cards out of my ass and tell your future too if I just read into it far enough.

Anyway I saw what Kevin said and was surprised that Iraq was banned from the Olympics. I did a bit of digging and its not what I thought it was.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/07/24/iraq.olympics/

Looks like the Iraqi government interfered. Personally I think they should still let the athletes play but regardless its not exactly black and white.. more of a grey area.
It says that story was dated July 24, 2008.
Scroll up a few posts, I mentioned that they the athletes did get to compete afterall.
The article I got my information from was dated for August 2008. I should've posted the link but I can't seem to find it anymore, but it was a short article so the quoted area was pretty much most of it.

lady0fdarkness

As for the Mayan Calendar, has it ever occured to anyone that the guy making the calendar just got lazy, that's why it stopped at 2012? :loool:

I don't believe the world is ending.... not anytime soon, but as far as war goes.. that's the one I'm nervous about it. I hope some terrorist cells in America doesn't start unleashing car bombs here. That would be just awful.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
As for the Mayan Calendar, has it ever occured to anyone that the guy making the calendar just got lazy, that's why it stopped at 2012? :loool:

I don't believe the world is ending.... not anytime soon, but as far as war goes.. that's the one I'm nervous about it. I hope some terrorist cells in America doesn't start unleashing car bombs here. That would be just awful.
lol I thought about the lazy thing too.