Abortion

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
wow tough topic...
but i think i'm Against abortion...
only because u've already started a life inside of u
so u should allow it to live it' s life and not kill it
no one wants to die before even getting to live their life rite?
so you should not abort the child already in ur womb.
even if u didnt want the child, one day u could be glad that u actually had it.
so i say i'm against abortion...every person should be given a life to live
even if they were made out of a mistake or by rape.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I also wanna note that ... if your RELIGIOUS ... (i.e a BUDDHIST) ... than you should know that .. aborting a baby is a SIN and you will carry that SIN with you for the rest of your life and into the next....

max

sarNie Elites
Since some people say that they would never abort even if they were raped, then I will discuss, again, on the issue of a fetus that is developed very poorly. (I do not expect anyone to agree with me, as in my other reasons as to why I support abortion, but I believe that this is one of the reasons that all people should take into consideration, regardless if your are for or against abortion.) One of my reasons for abortion is because the fetus may not develop well. For example, like I said, I was writing an essay on abortion and came across an article about a woman who aborted her fetus because part of its brain was missing, which lead to several other health issues, which suggested that if it was born, it would be a vegetable for the rest of its life.

For me, I would not want to give birth to something if it will suffer starting at the moment that it comes out of my body. I would rather abort it for the sake of the baby and the sake of myself and the family. For the sake of myself and my family? Does that sound selfish? Well, I am sure to a number of you, it would. Well, think about it. Honestly, how good and thankful will you feel that you gave birth to a baby who is and will suffer for as long as it lives? ... that if it was capable of opening its eyes and looking up at you, that even if it has no idea who you are and what you are, as long as it has life then you are satisfied? That in 5 years to 10 years to 20 years, the child that you gave birth to will still be in the exact same state as when it first came out of you? If I was in a vegetable state, I would rather have my family set me free, rather than living 5 to 10 to 20 years more just because I still have life. Not only am I suffering, but most importantly, the people who I love and love me are suffering.

At the same time, I will repeat myself again. I am against abortion if you are using it as a contraceptive.

(As much as you disagree with me or as selfish as you think that I am for my beliefs, this is just simply a part about how I feel on this issue. We all have very different beliefs, so please do not criticize me too badly, as I have not openly and unreasonably criticized anyone for their beliefs.)

Fearless

sarNie Adult
I am totally against it. I believe that once there is a fetus inside you and it's growing, it's living and breathing inside you so it is considered a life. I think people who are capable of having sex without protection and knows the consequences of it should take responsibility no matter what.. however I think there are exceptions if the baby has medical problems or it is risking the mother's life... as for rape, I still don't think it's an exception.. at least give birth to the baby and give it up for adoption if you don't want it.. those poor innocent babies shouldn't be the ones paying the price for it.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm against abortion. I've witness someone get an abortion because she needed a translator, and it is not something I would want to see again. Even in the case of rape or incest, I think it is wrong to abort a baby. What about adoption? There are so many people who can't have children out there, and many are generous enough to adopt children who may need extra medical visits due to possible HIV, risk of hemophilia, etc.

Also, when my aunt was pregnant, the doctor made a mistake by telling my aunt that her baby would have down syndrome. She was contemplating whether to abort or not. But, then on her next visit, the doctor realized his mistake and told her that he had the wrong labs. It would just be so sad that somebody would abort their baby and it was due to a medical error.

I just think abortion is a selfish act. The only one exception I have about it is if there was a health condition that can kill the mother if the baby is not aborted. For instance, if age is a factor and there is an extreme risk of the mother dying because she is carrying the baby, then she should have the right to get rid of the baby.

cherricherri

sarNie Egg
Personally, I feel most people should be sterilized. Not all people are made out to be parents.

I do not like the fact that my hard earn dollars (taxes) are going to teen mothers, single moms and their babies. I did not get to participate in their fun to produce such children, and yet I am paying child support!

I realized that when young, most girls are gullible and may fall easily for simple promises of I love yous and most guys WILL take advantage of these misguided minors to do what they want. Just because a girl is pregnant does not mean she has to ruin her life by marrying the child's worthless father. She can abort or give up to adoption and start over (if she learns from her mistake).

If I was raped and a child was conceived, I would not want to bear the child to term knowing that resentment goes in my heart as well as my belly. Children are not stupid. They know when they are not wanted. Even if the child was given up for adoption, most adopted people do search for their birth parents. How would you feel finding out that not only were you not loved but a product of rape/incest?

I do not think that I can raise a child with special needs. I do not care if you call me selfish. It is not you who will be taking care of the child. Until the day I or it dies, the child will be in my care and all the responsibilities that comes with it are mine. Unless you are willing to give up your time and money to help me raise it, do not tell me that I am taking a life by destroying the fetus. Hmong don't even believe that a child has a soul until it is three days old. Is it really taking a life if it has no soul?

No matter what people say, in the end abortion will always be the woman's problem. It should be a woman's right to decide how she wants to deal with it. Men can say all they want about how abortion is bad, how it is murder but they do not have to carry the baby to term. The do not have to know the pain of childbirth to a child they may resent. They do not to carry the burdens of regret, social ostracization and petty for single motherhood. If you are a woman, until you reach that bridge in the road you can't tell me definitely that you do not what that option to even ponder about.

I myself will probably never have to worry about abortion but should I find myself in such situations, I would like to know that I have more than just one option. And yes, I am a woman.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ahh this topic is a really sensitive topic always has been and always will be. Ok my opinion on this and the different type of scenarios I can think of that people may be encouraged to get an abortion

1. Incest;

Some people stated that aborting a child is a sin; I agree that is completely a sin, but Incest itself is a sin already. This one I would have to say it's hard to decide. It just depends on the person. For example; If you were molested by a family member or was it consensual? More than likely molested, if it's from molestation .. I would have to say although it's unfair to one to have to pay for the consequences for the sin that someone else caused, but I think it's a very very sensitive and fragile debate when it comes to the right or wrongs of aborting a child out of rape-incest. Religiously speaking it's wrong to promote incest, not only that but it could be considered religiously wrong to give life to a child bore from incest. Many of my friends think that way, but at the same time. Is it not a sin to kill? So religiously speaking each outcome contradicts itself.

2. Rape;

Adoption is always an alternative. An abortion is the easy way out of the solution, but why kill an innocent life that has nothing to do with what someone else has done to you? I feel that if you were raped then it's enough misfortune already so why bring misfortune to a life that doesn't deserve it? We live in a world where options are all around us. So to choose the option where you would have blood on your hands would that be fair to yourself and to the unborn child?

3. Physical or Medical Illness;

Many times I hear people say that Physical and Medical Illness is a really justifiable reason to have an abortion, but it's not at all. Many times I've heard cases where a child will be born disabled or mentally impaired and yet the child is bore with no physical ailments at all. A doctors prediction is most accurate, but can anyone honestly say that a doctor's prediction or reading of a graph or chart is 100 percent correct 100 percent of the time? I don't think so. So I guess that leaves the lesser possibility that the child is 100 percent healthy. Are you willing to risk aborting a child that could or could not be sick?

4. Poverty;

If you are thinking about having an abortion because of Poverty then I recommend that you don't have sex at all. If you are putting yourself in the situation even when you are impoverished then you should take the responsibilities for your action.