Any Khmai speakers here?

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
Anyone??? I really want to know what he saying?? The song is so emotional! It makes me cry listening to his voice singing. It reminds me of my late father.

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
I'll try to give you a full translation of the song tomorrow. I just click on your link and he's my sister's favorite singer. She'll give me a lecture if she catch me listening to him LOL! It's her man...she's weird.

So tomorrow when she's off at school I'll listen to it while translating it for you tomorrow. i'll try my best though I might miss a line or two. :D So check back on this in a few days alright!

I'll come back to edit this post with the translation for you hopefully by tomorrow.

lady0fdarkness

I'll try to give you a full translation of the song tomorrow. I just click on your link and he's my sister's favorite singer. She'll give me a lecture if she catch me listening to him LOL! It's her man...she's weird.

So tomorrow when she's off at school I'll listen to it while translating it for you tomorrow. i'll try my best though I might miss a line or two. :D So check back on this in a few days alright!

I'll come back to edit this post with the translation for you hopefully by tomorrow.
Thank you! :)

I love the song too. What's his name by the way?

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
His name is Preap Sovath, and the title of the song is Tngai bak ro seal, meaning in the afternoon. Since you already got a translator I'll let that person translate the lyrics of the song. :)
That unless you want to do it. My khmer is average. I might miss some of the deep meaningful poetic lines they might have.

Okay...here is my version of the translation...someone else can add their's or correct mine. My dad was making fun of me. I keep asking him and he figure it out that I took it from a song and made fun of me. How embarrassing...miss a few words but the meaning is still there. I just translate to get you the meaning and not translate it literally. Well you got the meaning of the song. Some part I left it phonetically spelled (the ones with the underline) because I don't get the meaning of it eventhough my dad was explaining it to me.

In the Afternoon (the title)

Why be on time, why must rise and set (he's talking about the sun)
Day oh Day, making my heart sorrowful
When the afternoon comes, my mood changes and making me frustrated
My body gets weak, Laeng ton being lost and confused by my self (here he's talking about doing labor, it's like a pun. labor to compare that he's body is tired and weak)
In the afternoon on the mountain, I cry myself out
I sadly contemplate, it's like a script from a folk tale
However, my story is real
The more I think about it, the more it hurts
I'm in pain alone, I'm only searching for you

Where are you at, where are you at
I miss you, miss you, miss you so much that my mind and body can't think straight
You love me or not, just tell me eventhough it's right or wrong
Why...why must you left quietly without me
The afternoon shining brightly like doth vahah (I'm not sure what this means)
I get really depress and lonely when the afternoon comes
In the afternoon, I hide and cry
In the afternoon, I miss my darling
Whenever it gets noon... honey I miss you so much

Where are you at, where are you at
I miss you, miss you, miss you so much that my mind and body can't think straight
You love me or not, just tell me eventhough it's right or wrong
Why...why must you left quietly without me
The afternoon shining brightly like doth vahah (I'm not sure what this means)
I get really depress and lonely when the afternoon comes
In the afternoon, I hide and cry
In the afternoon, I miss my darling
Whenever it gets noon... honey I miss you so much

lady0fdarkness

SmileD, thanks a lot. I really appreciate t, and now I can listen to the song with a whole new perpective. Thanks again.

yak

sarNie Adult
that explain why.. lol.. well i listen to it and yah its a nice song, but the bad thing that sitting down translating it.. its hard because they like to use those heavy words that u cant fint the right word sometimes.. lol..

smileD

sarNie Hatchling
that explain why.. lol.. well i listen to it and yah its a nice song, but the bad thing that sitting down translating it.. its hard because they like to use those heavy words that u cant fint the right word sometimes.. lol..
Yep so true! So as you can tell my translation isn't so great but atleast I got the meaning across. This song they like to use so many different heavy words just to describe one thing and that is sadness/depression. That's how my dad figure out that it's a song and made fun of me LOL :lol:

Thanks everyone for help. those words that I didn't get were so obvious! I was thinking it mean something deeper LOL! thanks everyone