Arak ‘Pae’ Amornsupasiri

LaoDragon76

sarNie Egg
A costly slur

Actor Arak "Pae" Amornsupasiri denies he is getting a hard time from girls in Laos after he compared their looks unfavourably to those of Thai women.

Pae, who is about to start work on a joint Thai-Laos production, Sabaidee Luang Prabang II, in Laos, said he had paid one visit already and nothing had happened.

"We went right into a market, and there was no fuss," he said, commenting on news reports that anti-Pae fever had disrupted shooting,which was due to start this month.

"As a result of Pae's comments, the film crew had to come home early, at a cost of one million baht, after authorities withdrew permission for them to shoot," claimed the Ban Muang newspaper.

The fuss started last month when Pae was asked whether his girlfriend, Ratchawin "Koy" Wongwiriya, would get jealous while he was away.

"She has no reason to worry. I have met Lao girls. Thai girls are much prettier," he said, sparking an angry response on the net, with some Lao teens threatening to do him harm if he ever set foot in their country.

But Pae, guitarist in the rock band Slur who is also carving out a career as a leading man in Thai movies, is unflustered.

Back in Bangkok after a recent visit to Laos to prepare for the film, he said shooting had been delayed by heavy rains, but other than that there had been no problem.

The remark, says Pae, was just a throwaway line. "I still have my fans, young women and men alike," insists the star of The Body, The Last Moment and Slice.

A costly slur

Actor Arak "Pae" Amornsupasiri denies he is getting a hard time from girls in Laos after he compared their looks unfavourably to those of Thai women.

Pae, who is about to start work on a joint Thai-Laos production, Sabaidee Luang Prabang II, in Laos, said he had paid one visit already and nothing had happened.

"We went right into a market, and there was no fuss," he said, commenting on news reports that anti-Pae fever had disrupted shooting,which was due to start this month.

"As a result of Pae's comments, the film crew had to come home early, at a cost of one million baht, after authorities withdrew permission for them to shoot," claimed the Ban Muang newspaper.

The fuss started last month when Pae was asked whether his girlfriend, Ratchawin "Koy" Wongwiriya, would get jealous while he was away.

"She has no reason to worry. I have met Lao girls. Thai girls are much prettier," he said, sparking an angry response on the net, with some Lao teens threatening to do him harm if he ever set foot in their country.

But Pae, guitarist in the rock band Slur who is also carving out a career as a leading man in Thai movies, is unflustered.

Back in Bangkok after a recent visit to Laos to prepare for the film, he said shooting had been delayed by heavy rains, but other than that there had been no problem.

The remark, says Pae, was just a throwaway line. "I still have my fans, young women and men alike," insists the star of The Body, The Last Moment and Slice.
(I WISH HE DON'T GET TO PLAY THIS MOVIE AND I WISH THAI PRODUCER PICK SOMEONE ELSE CAUSE I KNOW HE WON'T STEP FOOT IN LAOS AT ALL FOR MAKING A STUPID REMARKS....LIKE HE IS GOOD LOOKING HE LOOK LIKE MY SHIET)

sl33py

sarNie Hatchling
me too.. i hope the film will never get finish. even if it's done, i won't watch it cuz of him....i dont know why the laos gov't don't step in. some ppl might not make a big deal and think it's a joke... but it's not a joke to me.. I have never seen any his of movies/lakorn and not looking forward to it... Pae, if you are reading this right now, please know that you are butt ugly yourself.. your look is worst than an elephant butt hole. "May I put a curse on you to fail in anything you plan or want to do in life"

if anyone is not happy with my word, just keep it to yourself.. i will not response to your comment 'cuz it's a waste of time to even go on about this fool.

P = Pervert
A = Aggravating
E = Envy

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
after what he said about lao girl I HATE HIM SO MUCH! [sup]How can he say that all lao girls are ugly[/sup]!! have he seen all of us lao girls all together before? psh! he's so ugly. My sister used to think he was cute but when she read what he said! she hates him too!!

I wish they could of used a different guy. even though they still use him i'm not going to watch it!! waste of my time watching a hater like him!!

so this is my opinion...

fun

Expired Sarnie
sl33py, it will be childish if the Lao government steps in this matter. I am not taking Pae's side but the government shouldn't be pulled into this. Pae should be smart and decide to call quits and find a replacement if he wants this all to stop.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
well... at first, when I heard the news, I was like who the hell is Pae Arak? He must he a supernova or a God-like creature to dare degrade an entire nation of women like that.

Then when I saw who it was, I nearly choked on my Jel Padek cause I laughed so hard. He looks like a toothpick with public hair on top of it; Not just a regular toothpick, but the one that has been used to pick out left over food that was stuck between someone's teeth.

So I kinda felt sorry for the guy, cause someone seriously lied to him when they said he was handsome/cute/hot, cause he FUGLY.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
after what he said about lao girl I HATE HIM SO MUCH! How can he say that all lao girls are ugly!! have he seen all of us lao girls all together before? psh! he's so ugly. My sister used to think he was cute but when she read what he said! she hates him too!!

I wish they could of used a different guy. even though they still use him i'm not going to watch it!! waste of my time watching a hater like him!!

so this is my opinion...

:lol: Am I missing something? Lol did he really say Lao Girls are ugly? I thought he said Thai Women are more beautiful than Lao Women (Which is completely different than calling someone ugly)

Although I don't agree with his statement I'd have to agree with Funny that the government shouldn't step into the matter. It's like rubbing you fist against the wall. Why let the higher and respectful authority get involved in some childish entertainers affairs. Although the statement was rude I don't think it's worth potentially tainting the appearance of your government over it :lol:

At the same time it does seem kind of unfair that someone who made such a disrespectful comment will be in a movie about the country so it's a win/lose situation

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
:lol: Am I missing something? Lol did he really say Lao Girls are ugly? I thought he said Thai Women are more beautiful than Lao Women (Which is completely different than calling someone ugly)

Although I don't agree with his statement I'd have to agree with Funny that the government shouldn't step into the matter. It's like rubbing your fist against the wall. Why let the higher and respectful authority get involved in some childish entertainers affairs. Although the statement was rude I don't think it's worth potentially tainting the appearance of your government over it :lol:

At the same time it does seem kind of unfair that someone who made such a disrespectful comment will be in a movie about the country so it's a win/lose situation
Oops my bad. i wasn't thinking when i was writing that!! lol. just when i saw his name just got too mad ^_^

fun

Expired Sarnie
Oops my bad. i wasn't thinking when i was writing that!! lol. just when i saw his name just got too mad ^_^
I think a lot of people misunderstand his comment too. And you know how one thing can lead to another. His statement was not wise but he didn't say Lao women are ugly.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
The government get involves is because the movie Sabaidee Luang Phrabang is more or less a movie about travel and tourism for Laos. Reason Ananda was in it in the first place is because of what the movie can do for Laos and it's peoples and economy, which to help bring tourist into Laos and understand some of it's cultures. The movie is also about Lao and Thai working togethers at ease and in peace and mend the relationships that it was unrest between Lao and Thai for so long. So if the foul mouth Pae going to be in it, then he should think of the concept and reasons of the movie and not ruined it by creating more tensions for both countrymen to have reasons to dislike each others all over again. So I see no problem if the Lao government were to step in and replaces his azz and not let him into Laos and ruined the relationships that was already on an egg shell from the get go.

Areeya

sarNie Adult

Although I don't agree with his statement I'd have to agree with Funny that the government shouldn't step into the matter. It's like rubbing you fist against the wall. Why let the higher and respectful authority get involved in some childish entertainers affairs. Although the statement was rude I don't think it's worth potentially tainting the appearance of your government over it :lol:

I agree with you...He didnt say lao girls are ugly...its totally different from what he say...i think everyone else shouldnt get mad or angry of his words....btw he might be joking while being intereview...best is to watch or see it wid your own eyes on how did he expressed those sentence...isnt a joking way or a serious way because the tone of a person voice says it all...

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
I agree with you...He didnt say lao girls are ugly...its totally different from what he say...i think everyone else shouldnt get mad or angry of his words....btw he might be joking while being intereview...best is to watch or see it wid your own eyes on how did he expressed those sentence...isnt a joking way or a serious way because the tone of a person voice says it all...
i totally see where u are coming from. however, if u think about it, girl...if it was said in a joking manner, someone probably would have caught that by now. but he himself didn't even try to justify in that sense. on top of that, he had his gf come out n try to clean things up. it was even worse cuz her condescending ass made him look like a bigger idiot. haha

usually i try to be reasonable like u...but no one seems to be justifying in that sense...even himself. he straight up messed himself over. lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
The government get involves is because the movie Sabaidee Luang Phrabang is more or less a movie about travel and tourism for Laos. Reason Ananda was in it in the first place is because of what the movie can do for Laos and it's peoples and economy, which to help bring tourist into Laos and understand some of it's cultures. The movie is also about Lao and Thai working togethers at ease and in peace and mend the relationships that it was unrest between Lao and Thai for so long. So if the foul mouth Pae going to be in it, then he should think of the concept and reasons of the movie and not ruined it by creating more tensions for both countrymen to have reasons to dislike each others all over again. So I see no problem if the Lao government were to step in and replaces his azz and not let him into Laos and ruined the relationships that was already on an egg shell from the get go.
That would just cause more chaos if the government was to step in. First of all, Pae is an idiot. Second of all, he isn't important. Why waste government time when the government should be more worried about how to limit poverty, increase education, better citizens life, etc. Pae is not worth it, if he was smart and wise, he should pull himself out of the movie, but if he doesn't that just shows how idiotic he is and will remain that way for the rest of his life. The best he can do right now is to quit on his own term, no one should force him. I ain't forcing him but rather I am advising what is best for this situation. He had already made two very big mistake, his "more beautiful" comment and having his girlfriend defend his arse as if it was all a damn joke.

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
"She has no reason to worry. I have met Lao girls. Thai girls are much prettier," ..if he did said that and laugh about it like it was a joke or made it as a joke, then it ain't funny..

aznsao9

Ky the Star
oh wow, how sad, i haven't even heard about this... until now...
if his comment was like that as a joke.. then okay... but if not.. then that's messed up.
and his gf trying to defend him... is there an article about that?
but i really wanted to watch this, just because of what the filming will be about, not because of him... but i don't know how i would feel seeing in it though...
anyways, thanks for sharing.