LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
I'm surprised that there's no thread for such an awesome movie--and no, it's in no way related to Avatar: the last airbender.

Director:
James Cameron

Short Summary:

Jake (the main protagonist) replaced his twin brother's (who was dead) role in a mission to make contact/befriend the Navi people (who were native inhabitants of Pandora (the planet) and convince them to move out of their homeland because the humans wanted the natural resources there. Things happen and Jake became part of the Navi, saving their home from being obliterated by the humans.

side note:
Avatar refers to the Navi body the humans re-created to survive on Pandora--humans can't survive the environment and need oxygen masks--but only a few selected one have an avatar in order to approach the native Navis.

To the humans, the Navi are aliens.
But to the Navi, the humans are the aliens.

This movie is absolutely amazing; it's just EPIC! The visuals were just out of this world--it's like a fantasy world coming alive. :wub: Watching it in 3D made the experience quite riveting--like you're (the audience) a part of that fantasy world.

By the end of the movie, I came to hate people more than I already do. We're just downright selfish people who know only how to take and take and take, like the whole universe revolves around us. :angry:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I think I am one of the few people who have to say that Avatar wasn't Epic or So Great. The Graphics Yes I'll give credit for that. Thats the only thing I can give an A plus in however the movie as a whole probably a B+ if not a B. The plot plays a big part in the movie and some may disagree, but I think the plot has been overused. I think I've seen so many movies with similar plots and read books with similar plots to the point where I was almost able to predict the entire movie -.-" yeah yeah my friends tell me "well there are so many plots a person can think of."

The idea around avatar was great and the way Cameron executed no doubt is amazing, but it kind of ticks me off when my friends say everything about the movie is great including the plot. The plot was ok, but honestly the plot does sound like a novella that was written in 1957 called "Call Me Joe" I think I was one of the people who didn't come out of the theater raving about how amazing it was lol my friends say it's because I have crappy taste in movies, but it's not! I liked the movie, but I just don't see the hype about it... sure the graphics were absolutely amazing. It was executed very well, but I want to say more then, "The graphics and scenery were amazing."

Oh honestly the acting was -.-" to me.. everyone did great there were sometimes I wanted to smack the main girl a bit but eh... overall the acting was almost superb

For some reason I couldn't help but be reminded of the fictional planets that are speculated to exist, "Blue Moon" and Aurelia" If anyone wants to read a little more about it Click

Theres going to be a part two and three. Cameron has a trilogy in mind ^.^ but judging from many of successes it's kind of expected.

Overall I liked the movie.

cecilia

Staff member
^tina, i like your review .. i guess, i'm opposite .. i finally set down and watch this online (stream) and happen to love it .. i know i'm a sucker for this kind of cheesy romance movie so it's no surprise i end up liking it too .. in compare to confession of a shopaholic, i prefer this one over that .LOL ..

i really enjoy this and can't wait to see it come out on dvd -- if there is a part two or three, i won't mind at all ^^

Limegrass, i agree with you that ppl are selfish -- however, it's not fair to have just that one particular group of ppl represent human behavior as well.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lmao.. i hear people say that this is such a great movie.. my brother even went to go watch it at the theater so many times.. like 7-10 times.. and so i decided to watch it when it came out.. i only watched half of it.. and i thought it was .. iono.. it got me thinking.. was it really that amazing that my bro had to go watch so many times?? i didnt really find it that fascinating .. it wasnt really my cup of tea.. ahaha.. but hmm maybe i should try to finish it soon.. i abandoned the 2nd half of the movie.. lol...

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
They kinda dragged the middle and it got kinda corny but it was pretty good but after getting out of the theater my butt was numb it was like 3 hours long.

fun

Expired Sarnie
omg i thought this movie was overrated. good thing i didnt spend money on it. but i heard it was worth it when it was in 3D