BEING FORCE TO DO SOMETHING!!!

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
you have a idiot foolish parent. they should let a daughter chooses her own destiny and marriage. we are not in thai land or laos anymore. this is the united states of america. you have the right not to talk to him if you choose so..

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Thats a little to harsh to call her parents those things.. Her parents may be highly traditional but I would hardly say Idiot.. Foolish maybe but idiot I think not.. I've always grew up being taught regardless of the reason you should never insult someone's parents w/o knowing them in nature -.-"

fun

Expired Sarnie
Thats a little to harsh to call her parents those things.. Her parents may be highly traditional but I would hardly say Idiot.. Foolish maybe but idiot I think not.. I've always grew up being taught regardless of the reason you should never insult someone's parents w/o knowing them in nature -.-"
It's apart of the culture/tradition and I agee with Tinah. Living in America is not all that great. Esp for Asian like us. I have a few Asian friends that cannot even speak their own language or appreciate their values of their culture and custom. Sure it may be harsh at times, but your parents are raised with valuing their traditions in a whole new world. Sure it may be in the past but no right to say they are idiots.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i suggest you, "KAAB NIS," not to talk to the guy at all then..if you have no interest in him.
you talking to him, that makes your parents think that you like him. and the guy, you are
talking to. does he really like you, is anybody making/forcing him to talk to you???
And most likely, he likes you because you are from the U.S. and if you like him and decides
to marry him. you will make a big change in his life.

btw, thats how hmong parents are.. they give people high hopes that their son or daughter will blah blah blah... and
like you said. at the end. its a different story.. its normal. :D so again, good luck and let us know how it goes.. hehee tk...

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
That did offended me when you said my parents are IDIOTS. they're not OK. anyways I'll just put that aside and not think about it...

yea I really do need to talk to the guy about not marrying him. Get it through his head. I'm pretty sure his parents is forcing him to talk to me too. gosh I just hate being force into doing things that I don't like to do.

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
wow i cant believe arranged marriage still goes on...i feel bad for u...but hopefully u can convince ur dad that u wanna marry outta love and not force...so like yea...good luck to u...

nence

sarNie Juvenile
LOL. i can relate to you and some of the other girls in some way. my aunt from loas is trying to get my mom to ask my brother and me to marry their kids and help bring them over to america. but its like they are basically using us and its kind of disgusting cause they are like our first cousin but different last name. ahahah. they won't force me to marry him but they suggested to my brothers and me. since im of age (19) they want me to help bring their son over to the U.S. and if i like him, i can marry him but to me it's like, i will love to help but i don't want my status to be known as married. since you're gonna have to marry him for him to be able to get into the U.S. They even send us some pictures. LOL. and i got to say first cousins are like brothers and sisters cause there are resemblance between us siblings in ways. ahahaha. but if my parents were to force me. i'll fight till the end. but they believe education comes first so they wouldn't force me. and good luck to you. i hope right now the situation is getting a lot better for you. tell us how it goes.

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
kaab nis, i'm not here to rip on anyone's parents (sorry, if you were offened by it) but what i really meant was parents shouldn't force their own kids to marry or talk to certain people who they want only. i believe everyone has their own choice and destiny. hmong og's will always be old school. you have the right to denied the things you do not want even if you are under 18.

rukpongalex

sarNie Adult
Sorry to hear about your situation. Talk to your parents, obviously they want the best for you but why marry someone on the other side of the globe? Reality is not like the movies we watched where it'll be easy to marry someone you don't love. If you don't love someone, they may get your body but not your heart and that'll be a disaster for both you and him until both are old. What did he say about the arrange marriage, did he agree or no? That's really bad if he agrees. I wouldn't want to experience that although it is fun to watch in movies. Good luck to you. Don't give up if you don't want to marry for you're 18 already. You can decide your own path now.

jimmylee12

sarNie Egg
i say just married the dude or just stop calling him because the more u call him the more ur parent think u like him so either stop calling him or just married the dude so he can have a better life then living over there

dolleiwen

sarNie Egg
omg! you are too young to consider to marry anyway.. OG's these days are so in considerate! omg, dont marry him girl.. its not worth it. just b/c your dad wants you to marry him to get him to the US and help from such poverty.. dont do it! ever! arranged marriages sometimes works, but always what you think! well good luck, and one time too, if you keep talking to him, that is telling him that he still has a chance, if you dont want to be involved, you need to stop talking to him.. its your choice, dont do it for pity and regret later.. remember, you only want to marry once.. btw, if you dont sponsor him to the US, your parents will have no son in law anyways.. lol. you choice.

AsianFemale

Mrs. Kim Junsu
I wouldnt marry him. You will have to babysit him cause he doesnt know how to drive or either speak english. Wowo your parents still in that stage. It will be hard for him to find a job. Well, talk to your parents over again see what they said but i would not marry any one from Laos or either Thailand that aint going to do me any justice. I dont like to supports other when i cant even supports my self so good luck to you dear.:rolleyes:

nerine

sarNie Egg
aiya... no comments but for a short advice... hmmm... prepare to suicide if dat day come or else u will get to marry him... run away... or sleep with ur bf n get pregnant... so yep...

cecilia

Staff member
aiya... no comments but for a short advice... hmmm... prepare to suicide if dat day come or else u will get to marry him... run away... or sleep with ur bf n get pregnant... so yep...
WOW. this is worst -- getting yourself pregnant to escape from arrange marriage .. that's just even more crazy than talking to this stranger oversea.

i would say, speak the truth and give times to heal it -- nothing's wrong with telling them what you want ..
you're 18 -- old enough to do what you want (now that you're off to college, who's to say you have to stay home)

milacute04

sarNie Egg
girl it's your life... you do what you want to it.. i've seen arrange marriage now day and age and it don't work ok... cuz when the two individuals decide to leave the marriage, usually, it's going to be both side of the parents who starts to fight... and really, when they say that they all love eachother that much, it won't be true anymore when they start to fight and blame others for the divorces of their kids.

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
what the heck??? thanks for the advice but not to sound mean or anything but what kind of advice is that?
telling me to kill myself, run away, or get pregnant?
I'm sorry but don't ever give out advices like that to anyone you know. it's not going to help them in anyway.
well good thing is I'M NOT MARRYING HIM! yay!!!

thanks everybody who took the time to give me advice!

lil_caeser

sarNie Egg
i hate things like that too,so i hope that it isn't still happening to you.
have you ever felt so irritated and annoyed?

Well that's how I'm feeling right now. Irritated. Annoyed. Angry. Explosive. Agitated. Murderous. GOSH!!!!!!

I hate being force to do things that I don't like to do. It makes me MADDDDD....

Ok so I'm somewhat being force to talk to a dude in Laos that's somewhat related to me. No. I should say that is related to me but with a different last name. Im those kind of people that believes in FALLING IN LOVE BEFORE MARRIAGE OK. so yea that is what is happening in my life now and I'm getting annoyed with it cuz my dad is like teling me that I have to marry him because both our parents wants the relation to stronger and wants their kids to get marry. yea that's the situation...yep i might marry someone i don't even know who lives on the other side of the globe. great there goes my freedom! but i'm not giving in so easily. nope Imma fight!

gotta go to work give you guys some more detail when I have a clearer mind of what I talking about.....

GOSH!!! I'M JUST ANNOYED!!!!

kaykrazie

sarNie Egg
oh wow...i know u wrote this 2 yrs ago...but so what happened now???? i would have told my dad not to sell me out if he love me ....... coz in all them hmong movies thay always cheat on their wife or they get divorce years later...shooo...he better be hot looking for me to marry a total stranger......and not an old ass mofo.....i ahte it when my parent wants me to do something dumb...but they never ask me to marry someone...maybe go and babysit some one i don't like's kids but that all........