bit-torrent help

oil_yui

sarNie Adult
if i want to dl things from bit-torrent, how do i install a bit-torrent file so that i can dl things from bit-torrent?

`moey_

Siwon & Donghae =
open bit torrent and then open the torrent file

then it should dl from there..

i dont have bit torrent but i have bit lord.. i think its pretty much the same

darvil

sarNie Adult
Here is the quick run down

Think of bittorrent files as video files. Now to play the video you need video players right? So in order for you to Load the torrent file (torrent is what they're called) you need to HAVE THE PLAYER (program).

There are MANY different bittorrent players (program or clients). You need to get one of them.

Here is one that I recommend

Bitcomet

Install this program then OPEN the torrent file with it.

First thing is that it'll ask you where do you want to save the file (the file you're downloading)

Just save it somewhere then press OK.

S

sunflower

go to this site http://www.bittorrent.com/ download the 4.2.1 latest release...

after you download bit torrent go find it on your computer.. and set it up like you would any other program.. ummm after that... just go find a torrent file on the internet... like the kamikaze girls that darvil posted in sarnworld's torrent section.. if you're too lazy to look for it.. just click this... http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/index.php?showtopic=1559 and download the attached files: KamikazeGirls.avi.torrent... okay.. once you click on that.. you just save it and that should start the download... the kamikazegirls file should pop up on your bit torrent page and start to download.. it might take sometime...

okay... in case i made some mistakes.. just want to clarify that i don't know anything about all these computer things either! i am greatful that i got this bit torrent thing to work since i download from d-addicts... and i just found out what seeding meant... LOL.. :loool:

oil_yui

sarNie Adult
Darvil said:
Here is the quick run down

Think of bittorrent files as video files. Now to play the video you need video players right? So in order for you to Load the torrent file (torrent is what they're called) you need to HAVE THE PLAYER (program).

There are MANY different bittorrent players (program or clients). You need to get one of them.

Here is one that I recommend

Bitcomet

Install this program then OPEN the torrent file with it.

First thing is that it'll ask you where do you want to save the file (the file you're downloading)

Just save it somewhere then press OK.
[post="53206"][/post]​

thanks girl for the help....anyways, i install this program and save it to my desktop. what do i do now? i mean, does it work if i just went to d-addicted and dl some file there. sorry, this is my first time doing these thing, and i'm a bit slow.

S

sunflower

oil_yui said:
thanks girl for the help....anyways, i install this program and save it to my desktop. what do i do now? i mean, does it work if i just went to d-addicted and dl some file there. sorry, this is my first time doing these thing, and i'm a bit slow.
[post="53273"][/post]​

*cough* darvil is a guy! ;)

yeah.. go try to download something from d-addicts ^_^

Wulusa

sarNie Juvenile
i knew there's a topic for this. :p anyways, i need help. i dl the latest release of bit-torrent (4.4.1) . and i went to d-addicted to dl. but nothing happen. :huh: i did open up my bit-torrent and then go to d-addicted and click on the file i want to dl. but then it pop-up a box saying do i want to open or save the file. :huh: do anyone get what i'm saying. if not, it's okay. :sweat:

noungning

Heartless
hey, i don't know if this will be helpful, but many might not agree to my method, but i just click open and the torrent file will load to the bit client and it should start downloading.

ever since my ip refreshed, i haven't been able to dl torrents. bummer but it doesn't have to do with opening up the file so the bit client can load the file. so you should be fine when u click open. anything else, u can ask and i can try to help because the others are busy studyin and doing final for school so ur left with the emergency help like me heheh. :p

darvil

sarNie Adult
Wulusa said:
i knew there's a topic for this. :p anyways, i need help. i dl the latest release of bit-torrent (4.4.1) . and i went to d-addicted to dl. but nothing happen. :huh: i did open up my bit-torrent and then go to d-addicted and click on the file i want to dl. but then it pop-up a box saying do i want to open or save the file. :huh: do anyone get what i'm saying. if not, it's okay. :sweat:
[post="113701"][/post]​

When you go to d-addicts and download a "torrent" file, you are NOT REALLY downloading the REAL file.

After you click on download it'll ask you if you want to "open" or save it.

You can use BOTH options.

If you click on "Open" it should automatically open Whatever bittorrent program you downloaded. So lets say you install "Bitcomet". When you click on "Open" bitcomet will automatically open up and it will ask you where you want to save the file. Save it whereever you want to and wait for the file to get done. It will be slow so be patient.

If you click on "SAVE" the file. This is what you do. First open Bitcomet or whatever you have installed, and then click on "file" and "open". After this open the file you just downloaded, and the same thing will happen. It'll automatically ask you where you want to save the file. Save it and thats it :lol:

BTW bittorrent is usually pretty slow so be patient. Also MAKE SURE SOMETHING HAS A SEED before you start downloading.

Reagan

sarNie Adult
Azureus is a bit torrent program, for your information you can make your download faster by opening ports and stuff =)

darvil

sarNie Adult
Reagan said:
Azureus is a bit torrent program, for your information you can make your download faster by opening ports and stuff =)
[post="115348"][/post]​
You can open ports and stuff on all the other bittorrent programs. I don't normally recommend Azureus because it is somewhat complicated and confuses people.

Just go with something simple.