Boran Lakorn

Libra078

sarNie Juvenile
Okay Here me out! Don't you guys think that the director is debuting himself instead of the other actor/actress??
So far most of the boran lakorn has been Bleh!! :huh: *Thumbs down* for instance "Sung Tong" Yeah It was good... but I have to admit
I didn't even watch it! :unsure: I only stopped on the part were the wifes think there husbands are gay!! The reason why I stopped watching it
was because of the director he keeps to be comming on screen more than Nong Nott! I mean it is called "SUNG TONG" not "Ngok Bah!!"

Then there's "Pratinawong"! It was never on the plot of the story and it was an on going situation that took up most
of the scences :eek: !!! The reason why I watched it was DUH!!! Because of the younger brother!!! :drool:

I'm actually not watching the current one "Tep Sung Warn" I don't think it's interesting I'm just gonna wait until they
grow up! -_- :rolleyes:

The lakorns that the director went in was:

"Kula San Suay"
"Pratinawong"
"Sung Tong"
"Tep Sung Warn"

Not Sure if he was in "Kror Guy Yasit" or "Bua Kaew Jukgrote" :unsure:

So Opinion's on this here? I'm I wrong or just blowing this out of Proportion!! :ph34r: :wacko:

The old Boran Lakorn was wayyyyyyyyyy!!!!BETTER!! :wub:

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
Yea, I agreed with you. It's like he's the main focus instead of the whole characters and storyline. I understand that he's an actor also, but please, he needs to keep himself behind cameras more. It's like they can't afford to get someone else to play the role, or he just wants to be in the middle of attention of every boran....

Thanamas89

sarNie Oldmaid
Eur...Actually the person that did Gula and half of it was a female and she supposedly stopped scripts for the lakorn now lol...But no matter what..Who ever write or direct or whatever...THEY ALL SUCK...!!!!

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Yeah I totally agree with you guys...when i was younger I was a major boran lakorn fan. I remember having to wait a week for each episode and even before the week ends I called my video store to ask if it had arrived yet. I seriously called every week...and I would watch each episode 3-4 times before I returned it in one week. I can't do that anymore with any of the new boran lakorns...it's just not interesting. I think the last boran lakorn I watched was Pratinawong. I never followed through with Sung Tong and Tep Saan Wan. I've only watched til like epi 8 so far.

They need to do something about this...maybe Ch3 need to come into the picture agian.

Libra078

sarNie Juvenile
Hopefully ch3 boran lakorn come back in the picture!! Because I'm starting to loose interest in it!!
Even though Nong Chino is cute but the cuteness can't keep me in the lakorns if it is not interesting!!

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
the best Boran lakorns was in the 90s ... after 2002 or something ... it just started to suck ... storyline suck .. actor suck ... beside the bootiful nang ek LoL .... they need the pa' ek to me more Thai .. and not Korean looking like the one before Sung Tong i think ...

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Oh YEAH----VENTING TIME (!)

:ph34r:
Hella weak.

I'm tired. -_-

But yeah, I'll just add my two cents. I've been pooping once in a blue moon to rant about boran these days going down the drain...Wait, correction, they've been DOWN, for a long time already. The last boran I took to watching seriously/passionately (yes, tis true) was between singhagrai pope and gomin...It's a shame. It's a SHAME!

:ph34r: I'm braindead for personal reasons. Maybe I'll make a full-blown vent later.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I think one of the reasons that Boran Lakorns continuously receive good ratings are because of the people who have grown accustomed to Boran Lakorns. They are so use to it that they refuse to give it up because it's something they are use to watching. I walked in on my grandparents one day as they were watching Thep Sungwarn and I was like, "you guys actually like this?" they said no and on the contrary it sucks, but "the only reason why we watch it is because if we don't then we'd have nothing else to watch."

They don't like watching Modern Lakorns much because they aren't too fond of the bickering fighting over guys, pra'ek and nang'ek misunderstanding each other and etc .. every now and then they break their seal and watch a lakorn that deals with traveling back to the past and period lakorns such as Ruen Ruk Ruen Tard, Nang Tard, and so forth.

Also another thing I think the success of Boran Lakorns are coming from now a days are the cheesy effects -.-" imagine how many mom's turn on their tv to Boran Lakorns for their babies... My nephew every time I pop in Thep Sungwarn you'll hear him giggling and laughing when he see's "Thep Jaa Ting Jaa" :loool" I remember when I first bought the Sung Tong VCD he always crawled over to me with the case lol and while it was playing he would laugh and when the soundtrack for Sung Tong would come on the slow songs he would just go quiet lol..Also, I think it's a type of lakorn that parent's feel safe allowing their children to watch because can you imagine letting a 3-6 year old watching a modern lakorn :loool: but then this point can be challenged because there are "cartoons" lol that parents can tune their children into, but I do think that those cheesy effects contribute to it because they are starting to use it so much now but at the same time I think it might be because of budget ...maybe those effects are cheaper? easier? faster? because all they have to do is edit them via computer no? (Not so sure about those effects lol never really looked into it)

So I think the execs at Ch.7 Knows the Boran sucks for sure, but at the same time they see the rating chart and realizes that it's doing good. So to them they decide not to improve on the quality because it's already doing so good -.-" The thing about Ch.7 also is that they have really loyal viewers regardless of how sucky their lakorns are even when you look at the modern lakorns you'll see a very similar pattern

kalek

sarNie Hatchling
i do see that new Boran Lakorn seem more for kids. The storyline of the new Boran lakorn lost it point, it's just drag for the high rating and something for Boran lakorn viewers to continue tuning.

ThaiTv3 has Boran animation lakorn. I like it so much, I can even watch it with my nephew and niece. They enjoy the color and talking character even though they can't pick up the storyline. Also the story is short so it get right to the point.

Well Ch7 have Boran animation too, but it drag, there's part to it.

Libra078

sarNie Juvenile
Yeah I agree but............ Wats up with the jajing ja I don't like it!! Ja jing ja
was also in Tepsung Warn and onced i watch the begining
I was like ......ugrh!!! So annoyed by it and don't know why
they put it in!!! But yeah if you don't watch it... there's nothing
else to watch!!

mia07

Introvert
Probably they [Ch.7] can careless about what the outcome is.
As long as they're making money, then they will continue to do it.
But, honestly, they really do need to focus more on the moral of
the story, less talking, more actions, and yes, less animation, also!

Phon

sarNie Adult
u guys need to go omore and stop glueing yousrself to the tv. there always something to do if nothing on tv lmao

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
Well, old folks are still into boran lakorns becuz it has morals, righteous and wrong doings, the good vs. the bad..and it is like an old custom/traditional..even though nowadays, they have too much special effects/computerized animation cartoons. What really annoys me is the dang animation cartoons that has the mouth moving while the voice doesn't even go with the movements..wtf...agree with you guys that boran lakorns went down after 2000...

AmmatureKikyo

sarNie Adult
He's the one that starred in Thep Sarm Ladoo as "Ngang". Sung Thong as "Ngor"(the black version of PraSung..) And I didn't watch PraTinawong but he's the horse guy..

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I haven't watch boran lakorns in ages, but for me.. nang sip song is a badass one that I love! I love me some giant to human action. :D

Phon

sarNie Adult
He's the one that starred in Thep Sarm Ladoo as "Ngang". Sung Thong as "Ngor"(the black version of PraSung..) And I didn't watch PraTinawong but he's the horse guy..

that guy been acting since he was a kid. he was a little boy in keo na ma chatree evrsion. and he play sisamoot pra apaimani son in old version ch7. and he was in singhagraipope 1984 version and many other he just became the director i guess because he been with the company for so long. a promotion? lol