brenda song speaking hmong

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
eheheehe..nice...good tat she still consider herself a Hmong gal...sweet...and i dun tink she sounds weird..she sounds like most of the girls of tis generation...w/ a thick american accent...

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
hey... give her some credit....

some people cant even say that whole line without messing up.

that's on the for reals.

im actually kool with whatever.

at least she's thankful. right?

go girl.

thanks for the link.

mly

sarNie Hatchling
The person who wrote out in hmong of what she said, "Kuv lub npe hu ua Brenda" but it's really suppose to be like this, "Kuv lub npe yog Brenda" At least she knows hmong or that part. Her grandma looks just like one of my aunt (close relation by lastname), her sister. I remember one year, my aunt was selling a calendar with Brenda on it. That's when I found out that my aunt was sister to Brenda's grandma.

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
o wow that is kool
lol i remeber hearing that she sorta denied that she was hmong that's why i sorta disliked her..but omigod i love her even more now
its so kool i mean that she is actually telling about us hmong ppls lol
awesome =3

theone

sarNie Egg
WOW! i had no idea she could speak Hmong...impressive, i thought she lost her hmong speaking talents. hmm i wonder if Brenda comes to sarnworld sometimes :huh: thanks for sharing this :lol:

Mysty

sarNie Hatchling
hm... interesting. I always wanted to hear her speak Hmong for a reason. LOL..nothing odd for being raised in America na.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
Honestly, I think the saying, "Kuv lub npe hu ua Brenda" IS the correct way of saying it. Because it is more formal. Saying it "Kuv lub npe yog Brenda", explains it as if it is an object. I think saying it to yourself would sound better and more understanding. Just a thought, Maybe both works.
Yep, I agree with you stacy. "yog" is used when you are referring to what something is, or what is the title of a person. For example, "nws yog kuv niam" or "nws yog ib lub paj." B)

danger

sarNie Hatchling
What I still don't understand is why did she change the spelling of her last name? Was it because she is ashamed of her kind? Don't even say because she doesn't want to be stalked, because that is the one of dumbest reason for one to change their last name.

I did not even know she was Hmong until recently when people started a rumor that she was part Hmong because her dad is Hmong I believe. I think since a few Hmong people knew her identity that she's part Hmong, she then came forth and tell it to the world. Why? Because she doesn't want to lose her fans and don't want others to think that she's ashamed of her own kind. -_- How do you guys feel about this?

theone

sarNie Egg
What I still don't understand is why did she change the spelling of her last name? Was it because she is ashamed of her kind? Don't even say because she doesn't want to be stalked, because that is the one of dumbest reason for one to change their last name.

I did not even know she was Hmong until recently when people started a rumor that she was part Hmong because her dad is Hmong I believe. I think since a few Hmong people knew her identity that she's part Hmong, she then came forth and tell it to the world. Why? Because she doesn't want to lose her fans and don't want others to think that she's ashamed of her own kind. -_- How do you guys feel about this?
i don't understand what you are talking about Danger..haha. she changed her last name? don't u know that she might be reading your comments right now!! just admit it if you like her Lil' bro.

lol what if for some reason her dad and mom decided to change it so that it will sound a little bit more like the side of her mom B) or what if her father like u said was a hmong and he just didn't want the relatives to ask for money, because you know how some people are.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
i don't understand what you are talking about Danger..haha. she changed her last name? don't u know that she might be reading your comments right now!! just admit it if you like her Lil' bro.

lol what if for some reason her dad and mom decided to change it so that it will sound a little bit more like the side of her mom B) or what if her father like u said was a hmong and he just didn't want the relatives to ask for money, because you know how some people are.
Good point there bro about her parents changing it. It could be that it was her parents that did it when she was born. But it still does not matter, why would the child not bare the father's last name? Or now that many know that she's Hmong now, so her parents made her admit it on t.v. so they don't lose face? Whatever the problem is, I feel there is no need to change her last name.

I think she's cute, but not my type of girl. I wish she would read this and reply to my question. :D By the way, I'm older than you theone. Go do your homework and get some knowledge before I tell your mom and dad.

babe_girl

sarNie Adult

i remember a long time ago i read somewhere that she change her last name because the Americans couldn't say her last name the right way. i remeber her last name was Xiong and they change it to Song so it would be easier to pronounce. but still i'm kind of disappointed in her i mean it took long enough for her just to come out to the world and tell them she's hmong. ugh! sorry if i offended some of her fans i didn't mean to. >.<

danger

sarNie Hatchling
I think the excuse that they change it to Song so it's easier for people to pronounce is a lot of nonsense. Do you guys see all those celebrities, athletes, and many other famous people out there? Some of them have names that we cannot prounouce at all and it's way harder than Xiong <_< . Do we see them changing it so others can pronounce it? Like baby girl said,"it took long enough for her just to come out to the world and tell them she's hmong." If you ask her about this issue, I don't think she can defend herself. :lol: This doesn't mean I have anything against her though. My sisters are still fans of hers.

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
I think the excuse that they change it to Song so it's easier for people to pronounce is a lot of nonsense. Do you guys see all those celebrities, athletes, and many other famous people out there? Some of them have names that we cannot prounouce at all and it's way harder than Xiong <_< . Do we see them changing it so others can pronounce it? Like baby girl said,"it took long enough for her just to come out to the world and tell them she's hmong." If you ask her about this issue, I don't think she can defend herself. :lol: This doesn't mean I have anything against her though. My sisters are still fans of hers.
exactly!