Buddhist Tattoos..

nolee

sarNie Adult
I wanna get them but I'm kinda scared of breaking the spell rules lol. My uncle has a bunch of them and he really believes it protects him from evil/danger. My cousin also has one (like Angelina Jolie's but personalized of course) but she's a girl so she had to get it done by a tattoo artist first then go to the temple & have the monks put a "ka-taa" on it.. but since she read about the rules she's having second thoughts. lol Do you guys know anyone with them?

i'm in love with this calligraphy.. i've always heard the monks chanting the phrase but never knew what it meant til i did some research..

sabbe sattā sukhi hontu - is chanted by Theravadin Buddhists, but is also more widely popular. It means "may all being be happy". It is an expression of the universal compassion that Buddhists aspire to.

noungning

Heartless
i personally don't have one... my dad has many... i'd like to get the 4 lines (si teaw) when i go back to thailand next time from the ajarn that did it for angie... i've heard great things about people that has gotten it... besides stealing other people's husband of course. many has prospered to great lengths.

my parents would kill me if i get a tattoo for decoration lol... but if it's for a "good cause" then it serves the purpose. lol :p

Liberty

sarNie Adult
My dad has a whole bunch all over his body but he had it done back in his 20s.
I don't know if it actually works because my dad still got shot (this was during the war). Well, I guess it did work because he got shot in the only exposed area he had on his body. It was the only part that the monks didn't finish tattooing.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
my dad has all kinds of buddhist tattoos.. from a huge snake to a huge tiger to some writingss.. what's really neat is that those drawers were done by hand both inking and tattooing!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^___-" My dad has a bunch of them and he has basically had goodluck all his life. Even in bad situations he still manages to have good luck he also has dragon's, tatoo's

ijohn

sarNie Adult
i personally hate tattoos and i'm glad my friend feels the same as i do... she said "they make the body look ugly"---lol--- but i always say do as you please just be prepared for the consequences the future will bring for your actions you take today...

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
lol my friend hates tattoos too and i'm like it's gon be hard for u to find a husband most guys in thailand have tattoos haha she was like I KNOWWW :lmao: i like tattoos though lol on certain guys

nolee

sarNie Adult
^ isn't it beautiful ? lol

some people hate tattoos & find it sooooo unattractive. but that's not my case. i love guys with tatts & i have a few myself but they're in spots where i can hide them during work and stuff. my mom hates tattoos and she says what am i gonna do when i'm an old lady rockin ink lol. but i tell her i'm living for today who knows if i'll make it that old haha

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
lol yea i like tattoos on guys too. but sometimes it's too much lol da lil boys i grew up w/ every time i see dem they got a new tattoo lol