Buy a New Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
that sound? I use to get it until I added more memory to my pc -___-" that sound happened to me because i had to much stuff and my memory was pushing to boot everything up lol sometimes it took me like 30 minutes to restart

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The thing is I don't think it's your ram memory cause you said you added a 512... hmmm I don't know if it's hard drive space though.. could be -____-" ; this i will have to leave to the real nerds like grandpa and ningalicious LOL

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Okie ..just the other day i had 1 gig in my drive C and now it's down to 95 MB...i never even downloaded anything into my drive...since my computer had been rebooted i've only used my drive D because it had more space...wussup with that?

SO many problems...yet there are really no problems...lolz

.diane.

Media Fanatic
Okie ..just the other day i had 1 gig in my drive C and now it's down to 95 MB...i never even downloaded anything into my drive...since my computer had been rebooted i've only used my drive D because it had more space...wussup with that?

:blink: being that low on your harddrive space is a bad thing. things will start to go crazy. you need the extra space to help run programs and things that are processing or converting. even though you say you aren't doing anything. just surfing the web, you download those files and they get cached on your computer (saved onto your temporary files) so that takes up space already. at least have a good 3 gigs free if you can. i'm not one to say either. as we speak i only have a gig free but i'm getting ready to do some cleaning up. your local drive where you have your operating system (windows) is very important to have the extra space. hope that helps.

noungning

Heartless

well the thing is... u don't have to really download anything, like diane said. it can be from u installing something such as photoshop, nero, or something that requires alot of space. so ur 1 gig went bye bye so fast :p

oh like diane also mentioned it can be from temporary files that automatically saves itself to temp folders. and temporary internet files... ^_^

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult

hmmm ... from 1000mb down to 95mb. I think you better do a Virus scan on your computer. Could be a virus/trojan that is eating up your memory. If you don't have any anti-virus program .. than a good place to start is GOOGLE .. search for TREND MICRO FREE VIRUS SCAN

darvil

sarNie Adult
I have a strong feeling you installed something new like a software and it installed it on C:

Why is there only 1 gig on C drive anyway.. that seems excessively small.

Now you need to just buy an external and fill it up instead :)

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
I have a strong feeling you installed something new like a software and it installed it on C:

Why is there only 1 gig on C drive anyway.. that seems excessively small.

Now you need to just buy an external and fill it up instead
Well C use to be my big drive...and D was my little one..but when my friend rebooted my thing..he changed it around and made C my little drive and D my big drive...i don't know why...yeah all my program files and windows things are in my C drive...can i just move them to my D drive by just moving the folder...i was gonna do that to my program files...but then it said that by removing or deleting or just moving it may make some programs not work...so i was scared.

And yes i installed alot of big stuff...i installed Photoshop and a couple of other things...but i installed it to my D drive though...but i uninstalled it already though...

hmmm ... from 1000mb down to 95mb. I think you better do a Virus scan on your computer. Could be a virus/trojan that is eating up your memory. If you don't have any anti-virus program .. than a good place to start is GOOGLE .. search for TREND MICRO FREE VIRUS SCAN
Yeah i just did a virus scan earlyer on my whole computer with Windows onecare that came with my qwest internet service...there was nothing.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Actually guess what...i found a trojan on my computer just a couple of minutes ago (TrojanDownloader:Win32/Gida.A) ...my Onecare thing popped up and told meeh...I cleaned it up though..and i went and downloaded Spyware Docter and i am currently scanning my computer for adware and spyware...looks like i have 5 threats and 99 Infections...Werid...theres something on there called hijacker on there...that one scares meeh the most....

Awww man spyware Doctor won't let meeh fix the problems...it wants meeh to purchase...do you guys know a free spyware or adware thing? Please and Thank you

darvil

sarNie Adult
I know on a bad infection you can't remove using any softwares.

Anyway when I help people I use either adaware or spybot

You can get them for free at download.com

darvil

sarNie Adult
make sure you update before you start the scan.

Also spybot will ask if you want to reboot and it will scan before anything is loaded. That way you can also remove some stuff that are harder to remove (as they are in the memory)

gurl

sarNie Hatchling
ok ok i noe this is out of the topic but.... u noe when u play game and ur game lagg i mean lagg very badly does that mean u need a new graphic card?... or a new grapic drive?

darvil

sarNie Adult
Could be alot of things.

Could be that you have a bunch of spywares that are slowing you down.

Could be that your graphic card is not good enough. BUT that one is easier to find out. Just look at what is required to play the game and compared with what you have.

Could be that you have a bad video driver installed which is screwing you up (updating your video driver to the latest one may help)

Could be a combination of all of it

And trust me there are many other problems then what I mentioned above. You will have to narrow it down.

ok ok i noe this is out of the topic but.... u noe when u play game and ur game lagg i mean lagg very badly does that mean u need a new graphic card?... or a new grapic drive?

XCappy

Mr. Char
Depends which game you play, if it takes lots of resources or not.

For me, the really first step is to set all the game graphics parameters on "LOW". If you still lag, it's probably your graphic card or your memory that is/are insufficient. If the graphic card isn't that old, a driver update is recommended.

gurl

sarNie Hatchling
hmm then it must be the graphic card... LOL i haven't update my grahpic card for ages.. thanks alot sarnies peep

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Quick question...if you close your bank account...it can't be acessed nomore right? like your information can not be popped up if someone tried to access it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.