cambodia and thailand are fighting

sirena

sarNie Adult
me im half khmer and thai and i heard my parents talking about this, i don't know all the details but i know like the main part

and if anyone of u know it share with us

anyways, what the fighting is about is that

on the border of khmer and thai, there this really religious temple

the temple is currently belong to khmer people, but thai argue and said that it belong to them

now, this argument happen way before once, it was settle by the french

french declare that its khmer to keep because on that temple there were ancient khmer writing back thousands of years

but now thai still feel that its belong to theirs

new from cambodia was that thai invaded, dress in all balck and kill all khmer soldiers that guard the temple

as of right now they don't know what will happen yet because khmer is in middle of en election so khmer said they will do something after the election

so what do u guys think?

to me, this "thats our" problem ive heard before

im not calling thai bad or anything im just sharing my thoughts, i mean these type of things been happening and still going on

for example the angkor wat lot of people wanted it and even though that theres are evidence that it belong to khmer people still argue for it

sirena

sarNie Adult
i agree it sad to people who it belong to

i read in article online, and it said that thai current control it

they made pavents and road etc for visitor to visit

but they only allow khmer to visit once a year

i feel like thai is doing it for money and tourisim

back then khmer empire own that whole land, it was such a big empire

i think everybody wants it becuz it ancient they want it for pride and fame for the all reasons

i believe in sin and i believe in all the power the temple holds, and if it fall in the wrong hands, that country will fall

sirena

sarNie Adult
theres this other incident where, this i don't know what his nationality was but he european and hes been studying south east asian khmer thai veit etc and he took a trip to thailand and he went on this tour guide to this historic place

and there were collection of stone buddha heads, the guide told them that its thai and he aruged he said that these arent thai buddha their khmer buddha from ancient ruins

everybody was shock so they took it to professional people and it is belong to khmer

XCappy

Mr. Char
I heard about it. For the moment they both accepted to reduce the amount of soldiers. They have to meet again next monday at Hua Hin.

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
ive heard of that too sirena the one bout historic belonging..and the spirits that watches over it.. but whether it is true or not..it is still unsure..

but anyhow i hope this resolves soon without anymore blood shed!

sirena

sarNie Adult
yeah alot of elder people belive in it and so do i

i believe every buddah or legit buddah statue has that spirit that linger in them and watches over people

my mom told me that, if u go to angkor wat during the days and u look at all the carving of people working on the wall they have an expression of tireness and exhustion

but when they cools down their expression changes

i don't know if it true but it something to get u wondering

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
this is stupid, before khmer and thai are the same peuple, people and now they want to fight for a temple? it's stupid and show how stupid are humans.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
It's all stupid, people who are willing to kill others for an object are just greedy bastards.

Who cares who it belongs to, it's freakin' temple! It's not as if they can actually move the thing.
Whoever it belongs to the temple will still stay where it is. Back to the fact that it's a temple, a scared place like that shouldn't be fought over and it sure as hell shouldn't be killed over.

I say let the Cambodian's keep it, given that there are Khmer writings on it and all.
Just curious, why does the Thais think that the temple should be theirs?

this is stupid, before khmer and thai are the same peuple, people and now they want to fight for a temple? it's stupid and show how stupid are humans.
Well....this is off topic but I just wanted to clarify.
Technically, Thais and Khmer, ethnically weren't the same people.
In ancient times, before the fall of the Khmer Kingdom, the ethnic group that lived in Thailand were Tai, Mon, Khmer and Malay.
They had their own respective kingdom under the Khmer Empire.

"Following the decline and fall of the Khmer empire in the 13th - 14th century, various Buddhist Tai Kingdoms of Sukhothai, Lanna and Lan Chang were on the ascendancy."

Here's what Tai is:
"The Tai or Tai-Kadai ethnicity refers collectively to the ethnic groups of southern China and Southeast Asia, stretching from Hainan to eastern India and from southern Sichuan to Laos, Thailand, and parts of Vietnam, which speak languages in the Tai-Kadai family and share similar traditions and festivals, including Songkran.[1] Despite never having a unified nation-state of their own, the peoples also have historically shared a vague idea of a "Siam" nation, corrupted to Shan or Assam in some places, and most self-identify as "Tai"."

Now...there are still Tais that aren't the same as Thais in the modern sense.
But ethnically, it would seem that the anicent Thais derived from the ethnic Tai from southern China.

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
u can't knock the temple down it's a historic monument like the statue of Liberty. It should belong in Cambodia like the UN wanted it this was a controversy like 30 yrs ago and they ruled it was Cambodia why do they have 2 bring it up again and have innocent ppl killed.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Or have joint custody like children of divorce parents. :D
Cambodia can own it during the weekdays and Thailand can have it on weekends and holidays.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
yall making it seem funny .. but yea .. I wouldn't be surprise if the two countries go to war .. and Thailand better hope for the best because all the countries around them are Communists

nina07

sarNie Adult
havent they been fighting for a long time now?

like my dad always goes on that thai channel where their always protesting about Khmer people :rolleyes:

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol lome ...paper rock scissors?..but you know there are ppl that doesnt play fair....theres a winner and a loser...(some are just sore losers)

annea

sarNie Adult
I agree w/ some of the above comments..it doesnt matter who it belongs to..the fact is that wat angor is located in cambodia so they should just leave it their for the khmer to take care of it...and yes, its not like you can move the temple and place it somewhere in thailand...also heard that thai stole like a buddha statue or something like that from Laos..I dont know how true it is..

sirena

sarNie Adult
you guys don't get it?

it all about pride and fame everybody wants pride and fame and no one is backing down because of what they believe

i feel the same way as some of u do , just a temple big wope.... but it means everything to these people its what their ancestor have achieve

you have to put your self in their shoes

think about this, what if u have something that you love so much and it can't be replace and one day someone went in and claim it was theirs and u love it so much it means everything to u

wouldnt you want it back since it belong to you? fight for it

thats how these people feel, as sad as it may sound, they don't care about how many blood are being sheed its what they believe

were not in their possition so it ok for us to sit back and just say settle it when its not that easy for these people