Car Insurance

Muddie Murda

smile...
So I'm getting my own car insurance and it's my first time ever ever?

What are some questions I should ask when I call them up to get quotes?
What should I be looking for exactly?
Err since I'm new to driving, it'd be a bit more expensive right?
I was looking at some sites and trying to get quotes, some asked if I had a job. Umm, I'm jobless, but sorta selfemployed--illegally. Hahahaaha So I don't want to report that. Will my rates be higher because I'm unemployed??

Thanks :D I'll be calling them in a few days so just wanted to ask ya'll this before I give it a go.

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Just be honest. Tell them your a student. As for work, put down unemployed. What they really are screening for is the number of tickets and accidents you have and your zip code area. If you live in an area with high crime rates, expect high insurance rate. Well, that's all I can say. I hope that helped. ;)

duongchai

sarNie Hatchling
If u are under 21 I recommend that u should get insurance with ur parents so they could rate u as a part-time driver and u don't have to pay too much for ur rate. If u want ur own insurance, I recommend for u to check ur rate online so u can compare which insurance company will give u the best rate. I don't know why they ask u about ur employment, because u are looking for a car insurance not a life insurance. Regardless what ocupation u do , it don't reflex ur rate. They only rate u on age, sex, and drving record(just remember that male have higher rate than female because they consider as risky driver). Honestly I wouldn't tell the insurance company everthing, because they willtry to get the most money out of u. If u have speeding ticket, I recommend that u pay a lawyer to try to get it into a parking ticket so u wouldn't have any point and the insurance company will never found out that u ever have a ticket. if they know, it will stay on ur policy for FIVE years! Well hope that this will help.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Thanks guys! I won't speed, just scared of other drivers cuz I don't trust no one haha.

My mom's under my sister and bro in law's plan. I don't want to bother them. So I want to get one on my own. I don't want to pay more than $200. e_e

My bro said he found one that was 500 each 6 months and that sounds good. But I'll have to call and check again tomorrow. Thanks! :D

slee00

sarNie Adult
I am an insurance agent! Here are some tips when looking for discounts regardless of your status...

1. orginal owner of the car
2. home owner
3. employed
4. Good student discount...***
5. Prior insurance ( 12 months)
6. retired (55 or over)
7. multiple policies discounts ( auto+homes)
8. good insurance score...clean driving records...no major ciolation...drunk, hit and run etc...
9...prefer rate,,,,nstead of non-standard rate

*** notice *** As a general underwriting rule..... ...this is where people get real concern about whenever they have an accident... they automatically think their insurance premium is gonna hit the roof... if your policy shows three drivers, and you have three cars, you are entitle to three accidents without having your premium increase...the fourth accident will difinitely increase your premium! Most insurance companies dont care how much they pay in claims...they look at the type of claim it is...hit&run, drnk driving, etc are consider majors, one can be in a collision involving three cars and suffer major loss payout...and still consider minor collision...so be safe and dont get involve the major accident violation!....

Hope this help ... :)

Muddie Murda

smile...
^ Thanks sooo much! What's considered "Good student?" lol A grades? B grades? C? HHAHA

So it's more if you DON'T have a job? dang, that's weird. lol Thanks!!

mizterkevin

sarNie Juvenile
Oh yeah, I turned in a transcript and all this other stuff for my little sister and her car insurance is $90.00 a month.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I am an insurance agent! Here are some tips when looking for discounts regardless of your status...

1. orginal owner of the car
2. home owner
3. employed
4. Good student discount...***
5. Prior insurance ( 12 months)
6. retired (55 or over)
7. multiple policies discounts ( auto+homes)
8. good insurance score...clean driving records...no major ciolation...drunk, hit and run etc...
9...prefer rate,,,,nstead of non-standard rate

*** notice *** As a general underwriting rule..... ...this is where people get real concern about whenever they have an accident... they automatically think their insurance premium is gonna hit the roof... if your policy shows three drivers, and you have three cars, you are entitle to three accidents without having your premium increase...the fourth accident will difinitely increase your premium! Most insurance companies dont care how much they pay in claims...they look at the type of claim it is...hit&run, drnk driving, etc are consider majors, one can be in a collision involving three cars and suffer major loss payout...and still consider minor collision...so be safe and dont get involve the major accident violation!....

Hope this help ... :)

lol do u work for allstate?

Muddie Murda

smile...
:D I contacted Allstate, Geico, and Progressive. Umm...

Cheapeast was Allstate at $204 a month. T_T
Well...yeah...I guess I have no choice. I'm a new driver anyways.

-sigh-

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
:D I contacted Allstate, Geico, and Progressive. Umm...

Cheapeast was Allstate at $204 a month. T_T
Well...yeah...I guess I have no choice. I'm a new driver anyways.

-sigh-
the thing about all state is when ur late even for a day, they put you on the indemity policy....thats stupid