celeb's real name

SethT

anie's bb [c] D=
omg i never realised some famous actor/actress name are not their birth name :eek: it's just surprising .. especially ann.
CREDIT TO: http://dirtiilaundry.wordpress.com/2008/09...e-did-you-know/

แอน >> ศรีจันทร์ ทองประสม
Anne Tongprasom - Sreejun Tongprasom

วิลลี่ แมคอินทอช >> เริงฤทธิ์ แมคอินทอช
Willy Mcintosh - Ruengrith Mcintosh

เขตต์ ฐานทัพ >> พิสุทธิศักดิ์ อัครมาส
Kade Thantup - Pisuthisak Akaramas

จินตหรา >> จิตติมาฆ์ สุขพัฒน์
Jintara Soukapat - Jittima Soukapat

สิเรียม >> วิริญญ์ (อ่านว่า วิริน) กิ๊ปสั้น
Siriam Pukdeedumlongrith - Wirin Gibson

กุลณัฎฐ์ กุลปรียะวัฒน์ >> ณัฐยา กุลปรียะวัฒน์
Kullanat Preyawat - Natthaya Kullapreyawat

มาริโอ้ เมาเร่อ >> ณัฐวุฒิ เมาเร่อ
Mario Maurer - Nutthawuth Maurer

นาเดีย >> วิชิตา นิมิตรวานิช
Nadia Nimitwanich - Wichita Nimitwanich

พอลล่า >> พัลลภา ศุภอักษร
Paula Taylor - Pallapar Supauksorn

ไชยยงค์ จั่นสกุล >> เปปเปอร์ รัฐศาสตร์ กรสูตร
Pepper Rathasart Kornsoot - Chaiyong Junsakul

เมย์ เฟื่องอารมณ์ >> ศิกานต์ เจริญพาณิชย์
May Fuengarom - Sikarn Chareonpanich

thaigirl

sarNie Hatchling
I think some just replace their first name with their nickname... but some totally change their name (Kade Tarntup). I think "Suandokmai" is not Poo's real name as well... it's just too pretty for a name.

fun

Expired Sarnie

I am most shocked with these people. I always thought Ann was Ann and Paula as Paula. How weird? If I was ever to be a lakorn actress, I would use my name. Thai celebrities has weird nickname: ex. Pancake, Oil, Touch, Great yeah how great lmao. And very few has normal nickname: ex. Ann, Janie, Ken, Noy, Ning.

Khatiya

sarNie Adult

The change sort of make sense. She just shorten her last name and used portions of that last to combine with the first (KULLA+NAT) confusing eheheh

But her real name sounds good as well.

Tahmnong

sarNie Hatchling
I always knew Paula as "Punlapa" first, and for a long time I was confused whenever people referred to her as Paula haha

But yeah, some are just nicknames or english names for look-kreung, others...are a good question where they came from. But in America Hollywood artists use stage names of their own as well, like Marilyn Monroe or Elton John and many others, so it's not so uncommon

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
oh my word.. Anne's originally name.. Sreejun ... that's my grandmother's name. Except , it's SeeJun as in the color of Jun???

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher

I am most shocked with these people. I always thought Ann was Ann and Paula as Paula. How weird? If I was ever to be a lakorn actress, I would use my name. Thai celebrities has weird nickname: ex. Pancake, Oil, Touch, Great yeah how great lmao. And very few has normal nickname: ex. Ann, Janie, Ken, Noy, Ning.

lol. fun.. I was thinking the same... what if Pancake and Oil becomes a couple? It'll be a perfect match since you need oil to fry some pancakes. Haha :loool: :D

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
some of their real names sound so much better than their celeb names. But people in thailand changes their name all the time anyways because supposedly it gives them better luck.

juicee

sarNie Elites
I think some just replace their first name with their nickname... but some totally change their name (Kade Tarntup). I think "Suandokmai" is not Poo's real name as well... it's just too pretty for a name.
you're right, poo's real last name isn't suandokmai. in fact, her first name isn't praiya either. her real name is nattaya ljundberg.

fun

Expired Sarnie
lol. fun.. I was thinking the same... what if Pancake and Oil becomes a couple? It'll be a perfect match since you need oil to fry some pancakes. Haha :loool: :D
Lome you crack me up. I heard that Oil is not even pronounced as oil, I think I read it somewhere in SW. I always wonder how you really pronounce Oil nick name. Pancake and Oil are so compatible- not the people but the names (I think Vier should change his to nick name to Butter)

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
omg i never realised some famous actor/actress name are not their birth name :eek: it's just surprising .. especially ann.

I'm shocked by Ann's real name! :eek: & May Fuengarom....

I always knew Paula's real name wasn't Paula. hehe.

this is shocking...most of them are far off from their stage names! lol...i always thought that may's name was actually her birth name...lol... paula's birth name sounds the most like "paula"...

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid

I don't get why this is so shocking to some of you. <_<

Ann is her nick name, and when she starting out she use her full name, but it's too long, and peoples just short it and just start calling her by Ann T. only.

Willy... is his nickname too short from William, which his full name is Ruengrith William Mcintosh

Kade just change from his dad's lastname to his mom's lastname, or the other way around, forgot now.

Jintara something about the letter in her name will cause conflict in become famous, or something like that... forgot what exactly was the reason too. ^_^

Siriam, she uses her mother side of the family's name because it sounds better and Thai, instead of American like her father. More acceptance in the industry at that time.

Kullanat - not sure about this one, don't remember any of the interview.

Mario, real name and nick name.

Nadia again, real name and nick name.

Paula, being mix is hot at this time for the industry, so using English part of the family name is better ... :lol:

Pepper, nick name, and could be using different parent's lastname again. When their parent is very famous or important in society, some peoples tend to hide it.

May Fuengarom, nick name and probably her mom's lastname, because after all she's related Fuengarom's clan. As some of you might know her dad is or was Pink's father boss in the army so he's an important man, she probably didn't want peoples to know that, and also Fuengarom was already well know in the industry by her uncles and cousins, so is best to use that. :lol:

When Mai Char... something don't know how to spell her last name (the singer Mai) she didn't use that lastname when she first join, because her dad was well known in the industry and she doesn't want peoples to know she's related to him to be famous. She started out with different name and then later changed when peoples found out she's his daughter.

So yeah I don't find anything shocking about this at all. But hey some of my explaination might be a bit off but not too far from the truth, so if anyone find that I'm wrong, don't hesitate to correct me. But as far as can tell right now, that's what I know and remember from their previous interviews.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't get why this is so shocking to some of you. <_<

So yeah I don't find anything shocking about this at all. But hey some of my explaination might be a bit off but not too far from the truth, so if anyone find that I'm wrong, don't hesitate to correct me.
I think shocking as in surprise. I know a lot of celebs uses other name but it never came across to me that Ann is not her real first name. I have always known her as Ann Thongprasom and majority of the rest ain't that surprising to me. Ahahaha I guess I can relate to that. I use a name that is not even on my birth certificate. Ahahahah it's a long story. :lol:

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
I think shocking as in surprise. I know a lot of celebs uses other name but it never came across to me that Ann is not her real first name. I have always known her as Ann Thongprasom and majority of the rest ain't that surprising to me. Ahahaha I guess I can relate to that. I use a name that is not even on my birth certificate. Ahahahah it's a long story. :lol:
:D Yeah that is so true too. Well look at most of us here... we all have creative and make up names. I guess stars wanted to be creative and have cute and easy to remember/recognize name too. ^_^

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
Lome you crack me up. I heard that Oil is not even pronounced as oil, I think I read it somewhere in SW. I always wonder how you really pronounce Oil nick name. Pancake and Oil are so compatible- not the people but the names (I think Vier should change his to nick name to Butter)
lol they pronounce oil as 'OY' lol it means oil haha

karen_moo

sarNie Adult
lol. i agree up there, suandokmai is too pretty for a last name :) and its not poo's real last name btw.

Diamend, i love your signature of AOF! hahaha hilarious!

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
lol thanks karen. suandokmai sound like somethin poo made up herself LOL when i first saw her last name i was like is she playin? lol