[CH.3] Rak Nakara (Act Art) : Mark / Taew / Mew

Kay123

sarNie Oldmaid
You guys should also order Taew Rak Nakara scarf that she is selling now. At first she only made 300 scarf, but because it was sold out within minutes she has decided to make more. Also if you ask for an autograph, Taew will also autograph the scarf for you as well. It is well worth it. All profit from the scarf will be donated for merit to a temple. Think of it as Tam Boon na. The scarf is beautiful and nice to have on for fall, and spring. It is so silky and smooth. I just receive mine today and boy did I regret not ordering another one. So here I am, and have just order another one to frame.

View attachment 7772

I'm having big time withdrawal. But the moment I open my package and saw the scarf, it took me back to when they first meet. That longing feeling of JaoNoi and ManMaung flew right back at me, and all I can do is smile. Smile because Jao Noi love ManMaung so much. Smile because Jao Noi and Jaokaew is ManMaung heart and soul. Smile because Jao Noi kept his promise. Sign.... I really need to move on, but it'll take time.

And because Mark liked my picture, and Taew reply back to me, I couldn't stop the tears! :crybaby2: :crybaby2::icon12:
View attachment 7773

View attachment 7774
Omg! I so wanted that scarf the first time I saw it .. but didn't really know how to order it and didn't even realised they do international shipping .. Its nice to know the profit is being donated for a merit to a temple . so how do we go about ordering it ? I wanted to order a few as a gifts . :icon12: I hope they do Paypal payment . @Iheartyadech you have no idea how big my withdrawal is from this lakorn and taew and mark. I miss JN and MM love . I still can't stop tearing up when thinking of episode 12.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
OKAY TIME TO RANT.

It breaks my heart to be so disappointed in an Act Art lakorn and my two faves like Mark and Taew but....the time has come. I think if I didn't watch the original Aum and Brook version I wouldn't have had so much of a problem with the unravelling of this lakorn but since I did it is hard not to make comparisons as that version was so good.

Brook and Aum had sizzling chemistry and while Mark and Taew had chemistry, Brook and Aum had more and the fact that they had such good sweet scenes together only made their pairing better. I don't think I would have minded the Laongkam thing so much if it was only an episode but it took up so much time and the fact that Sukkawong took so long to fix things made me frustrated. Like I get it, you like it when Maen Muang is jealous, now lets move on. And what is with the leads only sleeping together once, Aum and Brook pretty much did it every night, Aum's Maen Muang enjoyed playing wife. The pra'nang in this version are very distant, there are hardly any good sweet scenes or if there are it is too short. I mean come on the last version we had them playing at the waterfall for the longest time. The one con to Brook's Sukkawong is that he sulked too much and was so cruel to Maen Muang during the last stage of her pregnancy up to her death. I do like how sweet Mark's Sukkawong is when it came to her pregnancy and the adorableness of him waiting for her to give birth. Another disappointment is Mark's lack of baby scenes. I really liked how in the last version when Sukkawong was mourning Maen Muang's loss was spending time with his baby and letting it play with Maen Muang and his photo. After the birth Sukkawong really puts the baby in the back burner and doesn't even say goodbye to him when he leaves to Chiang Mai. Nothing irks me more than Sukkawong not saying anything to Maen Muang when he is going to Chiang Mai. I get it, you're sad and hurt but at least in the old version Sukkawong in his sulky and depressed mood still manages to give Maen Muang a hug and promises to talk things over when he gets back.

Now as for SuSu, Mingla and Mongmong. The acting from all three sides is fantastic but I still preferred how the situation was handled in the old version. P'Off changed so much when it came to Mingla's scenes and while it was good, it was more gripping to have seen Fongjan risk her body to help Mingla and more entertaining to see how Noon managed to get her alone time with the king. P'Off really rushed things with the last couple of episodes that it seemed almost void of actual feeling. I liked how I was at the edge of my seat to see Sukkawong go and save her and go through so many obstacles like water in order to get her out. The old Fongjan had to go through so much in order to even see Mingla so it is disheartening to not see very much of Mingla being saved. I didn't mind this Pattamasuda as much, she's still evil but a different type of evil. Fon played her well. M is always good at these types of roles so he's perfect as the king.

And now it is time to rant about the end. For the most part I enjoyed this lakorn if I tried not to compare it to the old version so much but the ending became really problematic for me. Things were very rushed and it frustrates me to think that if they just took out Laongkam's stupid subplot we would have a lot for development for the ending. The old version pretty much tied everything up perfectly without much to question. P'Off basically skipped out on anything that would have gave the viewer the things that would that tied nicely in a bow. I would have liked to see the British come in and question Mingla and Mingla pulls off taking Maen Muang's identity. I would have also like to see a reunion scene of Nor Muang and his father and then him being arrested. Then it would have been nice to have at least a 10 minute scene with the son rather than just 2 minutes of choppiness that showed he and his father talking and then jump to seeing two graves which really aggravated me. I get that Mark is a 27 year old man who has no kids yet had to play the father of someone his own age but gosh this scene is terribly done. At least with Brook they tried to make him old and you get some sort of paternal vibe with him and Vee. However with Mark and his son it was the most flavourless scene ever, no father son vibes at all. Doesn't help that he only had one scene with him as a baby and then as a full adult. Would have preferred to see Sukkawong hanging out with his toddler son rather than Mingla or at least have Sukkawong show up and carry his toddler son at least in the Mingla scene.

What I am pleased with is Taew in the last episode. I just loved her scenes with her baby, writing the letter, with Nor Muang. I'm not one who tears up watching lakorns (except for Koo Gum and Ma Mia) but I was tearing up watching her fall from her horse and then seeing her think about her baby. By the time she is telling Sukkawong she loves him I was done for it, tears were coming. I love Mark, he's my boo but I thought he could have done better in this scene. In fact I know Mark could have done better. If you compare him as Sukkawong crying to Sathit crying, he's more believable as Sathit. Mark shows a lot more pain when he is crying over the death of Tiew from Kluen Cheewit, even his crying scene in the car in the last episode of Kluen Cheewit is probably more emotional than his scene with Taew.

The 2000 version is a much superior version. I've never gave it much thought but P'Off is very hit and miss with his endings. From his lakorns I enjoyed Hua Jai Song Park, Suer and Nakee's ending. Roy Mai pretty much suffers from the bad ending syndrome like this lakorn, same with Krating and Hong.

P

PrincessKarina

OKAY TIME TO RANT.

It breaks my heart to be so disappointed in an Act Art lakorn and my two faves like Mark and Taew but....the time has come. I think if I didn't watch the original Aum and Brook version I wouldn't have had so much of a problem with the unravelling of this lakorn but since I did it is hard not to make comparisons as that version was so good.

Brook and Aum had sizzling chemistry and while Mark and Taew had chemistry, Brook and Aum had more and the fact that they had such good sweet scenes together only made their pairing better. I don't think I would have minded the Laongkam thing so much if it was only an episode but it took up so much time and the fact that Sukkawong took so long to fix things made me frustrated. Like I get it, you like it when Maen Muang is jealous, now lets move on. And what is with the leads only sleeping together once, Aum and Brook pretty much did it every night, Aum's Maen Muang enjoyed playing wife. The pra'nang in this version are very distant, there are hardly any good sweet scenes or if there are it is too short. I mean come on the last version we had them playing at the waterfall for the longest time. The one con to Brook's Sukkawong is that he sulked too much and was so cruel to Maen Muang during the last stage of her pregnancy up to her death. I do like how sweet Mark's Sukkawong is when it came to her pregnancy and the adorableness of him waiting for her to give birth. Another disappointment is Mark's lack of baby scenes. I really liked how in the last version when Sukkawong was mourning Maen Muang's loss was spending time with his baby and letting it play with Maen Muang and his photo. After the birth Sukkawong really puts the baby in the back burner and doesn't even say goodbye to him when he leaves to Chiang Mai. Nothing irks me more than Sukkawong not saying anything to Maen Muang when he is going to Chiang Mai. I get it, you're sad and hurt but at least in the old version Sukkawong in his sulky and depressed mood still manages to give Maen Muang a hug and promises to talk things over when he gets back.

Now as for SuSu, Mingla and Mongmong. The acting from all three sides is fantastic but I still preferred how the situation was handled in the old version. P'Off changed so much when it came to Mingla's scenes and while it was good, it was more gripping to have seen Fongjan risk her body to help Mingla and more entertaining to see how Noon managed to get her alone time with the king. P'Off really rushed things with the last couple of episodes that it seemed almost void of actual feeling. I liked how I was at the edge of my seat to see Sukkawong go and save her and go through so many obstacles like water in order to get her out. The old Fongjan had to go through so much in order to even see Mingla so it is disheartening to not see very much of Mingla being saved. I didn't mind this Pattamasuda as much, she's still evil but a different type of evil. Fon played her well. M is always good at these types of roles so he's perfect as the king.

And now it is time to rant about the end. For the most part I enjoyed this lakorn if I tried not to compare it to the old version so much but the ending became really problematic for me. Things were very rushed and it frustrates me to think that if they just took out Laongkam's stupid subplot we would have a lot for development for the ending. The old version pretty much tied everything up perfectly without much to question. P'Off basically skipped out on anything that would have gave the viewer the things that would that tied nicely in a bow. I would have liked to see the British come in and question Mingla and Mingla pulls off taking Maen Muang's identity. I would have also like to see a reunion scene of Nor Muang and his father and then him being arrested. Then it would have been nice to have at least a 10 minute scene with the son rather than just 2 minutes of choppiness that showed he and his father talking and then jump to seeing two graves which really aggravated me. I get that Mark is a 27 year old man who has no kids yet had to play the father of someone his own age but gosh this scene is terribly done. At least with Brook they tried to make him old and you get some sort of paternal vibe with him and Vee. However with Mark and his son it was the most flavourless scene ever, no father son vibes at all. Doesn't help that he only had one scene with him as a baby and then as a full adult. Would have preferred to see Sukkawong hanging out with his toddler son rather than Mingla or at least have Sukkawong show up and carry his toddler son at least in the Mingla scene.

What I am pleased with is Taew in the last episode. I just loved her scenes with her baby, writing the letter, with Nor Muang. I'm not one who tears up watching lakorns (except for Koo Gum and Ma Mia) but I was tearing up watching her fall from her horse and then seeing her think about her baby. By the time she is telling Sukkawong she loves him I was done for it, tears were coming. I love Mark, he's my boo but I thought he could have done better in this scene. In fact I know Mark could have done better. If you compare him as Sukkawong crying to Sathit crying, he's more believable as Sathit. Mark shows a lot more pain when he is crying over the death of Tiew from Kluen Cheewit, even his crying scene in the car in the last episode of Kluen Cheewit is probably more emotional than his scene with Taew.

The 2000 version is a much superior version. I've never gave it much thought but P'Off is very hit and miss with his endings. From his lakorns I enjoyed Hua Jai Song Park, Suer and Nakee's ending. Roy Mai pretty much suffers from the bad ending syndrome like this lakorn, same with Krating and Hong.
Wow! As I was reading your post I was imagining the differences of the 2000 version to this one. I only saw bits and pieces of Brook and Aum's version. Thanks for sharing your rant. It's always good to hear everyone's thoughts on each lakorn. I also am displeased with many scenes. You pretty much summed them all though. My biggest complaint is the ending. It was super rushed and JN still looked the same. ActArt should of put a bit of effort in making JN looked older (white hair or wrinkles). Come on the man did not look much older than the grown son! I cringed! Also I think Mark is not a beautiful crier! Lol! Whereas my beloved Taew cried flawlessly! Overall this was a good lakorn to me. I love Taew so I don't mind most of her lakorns! Lol

sarNie Juvenile
OKAY TIME TO RANT.

All good points. And I agree. To be honest, if it wasn't for Taew and my bias for her i wouldn't even have given this lakorn a shot. But because I am bias and obsessed with any lakorn that Taew puts out, this lakorn will be on my rewatch list though I don't care for Mark. And his performance in here hasn't convince me. Nor do I care for all the unnecessary subplots in this lakorn either. Like you mentioned the whole La Ong Kham thing got dragged out way too long and I think they focused way too much screen time on the whole Mingla, Su Su, and Mong Mong drama. Overall, I think those two subplots took more away from the lakorn than gave to it. If that makes any sense. What saved the lakorn for me was Taew's performance in the last episode. My bias aside, I don't think anyone could've out performed Taew in the last episode. I don't think anyone could've played Man Muen as well as she could in that last episode. Her scenes were just too much. From the moment she realized her brother wasn't going to change and she swept her hair over his feet and bowed at his feet, to her last goodbyes to Fon Ja, her baby, her sister, the last lullaby to her baby, cutting her hair, walking away from her son, falling off her horse, and walking into the pink blossoms...the feels and tears from Taew were just so real. You couldn't help but ugly cry and break down right along with her as if it's happening to you.

Last edited:

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
It was super rushed and JN still looked the same. ActArt should of put a bit of effort in making JN looked older (white hair or wrinkles). Come on the man did not look much older than the grown son! I cringed
I KNOW RIGHT. I couldn't even pay attention to the end because I was too busy telling my mom how cute Sukkawong still is, heck he has more of a babyface than his son.

Kay123

sarNie Oldmaid
@Cupid Candy As much as I love Mark, sorry to say his crying in KC was terrible. I did not feel any real emotions or connected with his lost when he found out his GF died . His crying felt so force and stiff. I found his crying in Raknakara was more convincing (but then again it could have been Taew that had made everything seem so sad and believable that you could feel everyone's emotions?? ) but you are right the old version had so many sweet scenes and there was evident for us viewers to believe that JN And MM had more then one bed scene. Whereas this version it seem as if mark JN and Taew MM only slept together once. But Brooke and Aump to me had Zero chemistry, i FF most of Aump and Brooke scene so them having a lot scenes together made no difference to me. I watched the old version for Aump and Noon. Those two are such amazing actress and til this day I still love them .

My bias aside, I don't think anyone could've out performed Taew in the last episode. I don't think anyone could've played Man Muen as well as she could in that last episode. Her scenes were just too much. From the moment she realized her brother wasn't going to change and she swept her hair over his feet and bowed at his feet, to her last goodbyes to Fon Ja, her baby, her sister, the last lullaby to her baby, cutting her hair, walking away from her son, falling off her horse, and walking into the pink blossoms...the feels and tears from Taew were just so real. You couldn't help but ugly cry and break down right along with her as if it's happening to you.
Agreed :thumbup:If I had to be honest, I was really surprised at how Well Taew executed the final episode. I knew how good she was in Nakee but she blew me away in the final episode of Raknakara, I was so glued to the screen because of her. Her emotions and tears was so realistic and convincing, it's like you were no longer watching a lakorn. I seriously thought no one was ever going to be able to out do Aump in this final episode. Aump is such amazing actress one of my all time fav and she was amazing as MM. but I felt Taew performance's in this final episode leading up to her death she out do Aump. I cried a river in Aump's version but I got over it quickly. But in this version, Taew's performance for the ending was so memorable and well executed that I still have vision of each scenes so clearly in mind . :facepalm: I just can't praised this girl enough with her acting ability. Some might say MM character was easier to pull off , but I thought MM character was probably the hardest to execute. So many feeling and emotions needed to come out from that character so that viewers would able to engaged with those feelings too and Taew definitely nailed it. I still haven't fully recovered yet.

Last edited:

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
@Cupid Candy I pretty much couldn’t even watch ep12 lmaoo it was so horribly executed, rushed and choppy! I got really angry at how they ruined the ending/final episode! I just couldn’t watch it! It was a horrible mistake to have ended it at 12 episode. (heck ch7 version had 15 episodes!!!!) Act Art pretty much cut down everything and forced/jammed everything into ep12. Even I thought JN had lost a lot of screen time, I couldn’t even take last episode seriously. I really blame Act Art on the horrible ending. And yes, I couldn’t believe they couldn’t even do proper make up for JN. Lol It was just not convincing! However, since I did listen to the whole novel on YouTube, Act Art actually stuck by the novel. LOK wasn’t an added character, she existed in the novel. Ch7 took her out. Ch7 added more fantasy scenes for pra’nang which I could understand, since it added fan service to viewers. But what got me most frustrated in this version was the stupid mistrust/doubt MM had for JN, which led JN to never utter his “I love you” to her even though he’s literally displaying his dying love for her. Basically, I hated ep.12, couldn’t handle the choppiness and inconclusiveness of the details.

Maybe it’s just a personal preference, but some of my favorite scenes were of ML and Patamasuda. :D

Last edited:

Kay123

sarNie Oldmaid
No doubt Mew did a good job as ML, but I found noon ML kept me glued to the screen more the Mew ML.. And no doubt Mark JN glued me all the way compared to Brook JN :facepalm: I can't believed one of my friend actually think Brook was cute as JN, she made it out as if Brook JN was cuter then Mark JN .. I said hell NO . (Yes I am bais and beauty is in the eye of the beholder) :facepalm: @xodxo

Last edited:

xodxo

OKAY TIME TO RANT!

P'Off basically skipped out on anything that would have gave the viewer the things that would that tied nicely in a bow. I would have liked to see the British come in and question Mingla and Mingla pulls off taking Maen Muang's identity. I would have also like to see a reunion scene of Nor Muang and his father and then him being arrested. Then it would have been nice to have at least a 10 minute scene with the son rather than just 2 minutes of choppiness that showed he and his father talking and then jump to seeing two graves which really aggravated me. I get that Mark is a 27 year old man who has no kids yet had to play the father of someone his own age but gosh this scene is terribly done.

At least with Brook they tried to make him old and you get some sort of paternal vibe with him and Vee. However with Mark and his son it was the most flavourless scene ever, no father son vibes at all. Doesn't help that he only had one scene with him as a baby and then as a full adult. Would have preferred to see Sukkawong hanging out with his toddler son rather than Mingla or at least have Sukkawong show up and carry his toddler son at least in the Mingla scene.
I think him playing with the toddler was improvised by ch7. I don’t remember reading about it in the novel. :( plus, NM had a much easier death/escape in this version. The dude only poked his eyes for killing his sister?!? WTF?!? Arg!! I hated how twisted they let him go easily!!

Bottom line: I hated how they execute the last episode!

I love Mark, he's my boo but I thought he could have done better in this scene. In fact I know Mark could have done better. If you compare him as Sukkawong crying to Sathit crying, he's more believable as Sathit. Mark shows a lot more pain when he is crying over the death of Tiew from Kluen Cheewit, even his crying scene in the car in the last episode of Kluen Cheewit is probably more emotional than his scene with Taew.
Lol—as much as I love him, perhaps he needs a crying acting class lol—cuz I laugh and cringe at his crying bc he comes across as very funny, even when I know he’s trying really, really hard to make it look like he’s in pain and crying out loud! Ahaha I cringe occasionally! Lol :p

Lol—oh lord!! I can’t even compare the two versions! Lol I blame it on Act Art or Off for not improvising enough love/romantic scenes between pra’nang! I just hated how pra’nang in here doubted their love even to their death! Like—omg!! Just go to h3ll already then! I was too fed up!!! Lmbo!

xodxo

No doubt Mew did a good job as ML, but I found noon ML kept me glued to the screen more the Mew ML.. And no doubt Mark JN glued me all the way compared to Brook JN :facepalm: I can't believed one of my fav actually think Brook was cute as JN, she made it out as if Brook JN was cuter then Mark JN .. I said hell NO . (Yes I am bais and beauty is in the eye of the beholder) :facepalm: @xodxo
Lmao!! I think JN was more handsome when he’s dressed in white and with the western suits. Some of his traditional clothings were so dull, but p’Off is known for cheap clothing lol cuz I figured after looking at the wardrobe from Nakee! Lmbo! Off has mentioned he doesn’t believe in looks alone or nice materials to make a good Lakorn but I think he fails on that! Lol cuz, nice wardrobe brings better attention to the audience and draws more flavors in general. I was watching the teaser for Buang Bajatorn and they had exactly same northern style but OMG— everything in there was like 10x better wardrobe than Act Art so I pretty much wanted to give up on Act Art’s poor wardrobe budget! Lol

Ahaha @ your friend for finding Brook cuter than Mark’s JN!! Lol! It’s cool, people prob have different flavors! Haha :D

I still love this Lakorn, just hated the final episode! It was completely a disappointment to me, cuz JN lost of screen time! Lol but it was so rushed and choppy, lacking in so many areas!:BangHead:

Kay123

sarNie Oldmaid
@xodxo i know everyone have different taste .. but sorry Brooke is a no no in my eyes even if compared to another actor beside Mark he is still a no no.. :facepalm:

Kay123

sarNie Oldmaid
I was just wondering .. did this scene ever happened ? Did I miss it or something ? :confused12:Because I don't remember ever seeing it .. :confused12:
IMG_1298.jpg IMG_1299.jpg

P

PrincessKarina

Ok I'm so gloomy! I don't know what to watch! I'm waiting on Taew's 2 lakorns with JJ. Does anyone have any idea when these 2 might air??

xodxo

Hehe, Raknakara never ends! The staff at Chiangmai Plaza Airport has went ahead to put out the costumes and goods from the Lakorn to showcase to the public! For anyone interested in viewing the items closely, the display will go out til the 31st of October!

If only I lived in Chiangmai, I would go see the display! Missed JN, MM and ML very much!!
07CD7937-91AB-410F-864D-4469E02EA9A8.jpeg E90248B3-E2CE-4121-A090-94A51B66120D.jpeg 649A6910-E2A7-4ECB-A744-2011A3BDB80D.jpeg C90AB731-82FA-41A7-A96B-75AD885E2F90.jpeg 0D109FB0-E8E1-4983-9238-E6142260D76D.jpeg ECB1F961-0151-4531-BB1E-4CF17AC4A792.jpeg 9025F3AE-E144-4533-BEE9-F0AF5A693110.jpeg 9D55144F-63CF-422C-B6F4-543876E2580B.jpeg 5F12CE5A-3A67-4433-8F30-6519DE90289A.jpeg 878D050B-439E-4B20-A4AE-825E8BDEEFCA.jpeg
Cr. Chiangmai Plaza