[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
What do u think make BPS a mega hit? I think there are many factors. Many people in Thai have been analyzing this phenomenon..it's interesting to know their opinions.

My Thai friend said this lakorn is the most successful lakorn ever recorded in the history of Thai television.

I read one article. A traditional fabic shop owner said in the past 30 years she opened this shop, this is the peak of her career. People purchased traditional fabric because of this lakorn...Amazing...:clap:
I think its EVERYTHING but the main is our leads. Bella starts off with her nang rai face and Pope with his rapp. Then the chemistry and the Thailand culture! Don't forget all the loveable side characters! Well to sum it up..its everything lol.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
This lakorn is also internationally popular due to the magic of social media. If you look online it has trended at #1 and appeared top ten a few times since it’s airing. It dominates IG. Even that is rare for other dramas airing in other Asian countries. This means people are paying attention worldwide. The story is appealing to international fans as ever before and the love story is incredibly heartwarming. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like this lakorn. Lol although my sister who isn’t watching did ask me why everyone started plastering Karakade’s face next to their face on FB. I told her to get with the program, new Thai lakorn wave. Lol

wuzhangs

sarNie Oldmaid
This lakorn is also internationally popular due to the magic of social media. If you look online it has trended at #1 and appeared top ten a few times since it’s airing. It dominates IG. Even that is rare for other dramas airing in other Asian countries. This means people are paying attention worldwide. The story is appealing to international fans as ever before and the love story is incredibly heartwarming. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like this lakorn. Lol although my sister who isn’t watching did ask me why everyone started plastering Karakade’s face next to their face on FB. I told her to get with the program, new Thai lakorn wave. Lol
Talking about the facebook profile pic thing, someone teach how do i put it on my own profile pic pls?? I have no idea how orz

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
Agree with every point u made. I should add something.

#5. Good looking second and third lead casts. The other 2 couples can be main leads in their own lakorn as well. The other supporting casts are attractive too eg: Por Duer, Petracha, Gosa Lek, Gosa Ban, Joi, Luang Siyuth, Clara..

#6. Every character have their own charms and strong presence in the story. It is like they are having their own lives instead of just being there in the background.

#7. Strong acting by everyone. Bella since the first ep made viewers want to go to Ayuthaya too. The rest suit their roles too.

#8. The novel itself has a good storyline I understand but we got a wonderful script writer. That's why every words each character said become talk of the town.

#9. Little touch of comedy from every character. Even annoying Mae Prik turn out to be funny and adorable with her dotting on Kade and sulking with Khun Ying Jumpa. Por Date's dad was funny sometimes too especially his confusing expression. No one imagine Janward character to be able to bring in comedy. But she successfully made many people laugh when she pretend to be sick and got up so fast when she heard Khun Rueng ma jao ka.:risas3:

There are more factors I believe.
I don't know about Clara...meh. but hot guy though...earthz

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
I don't know about Clara...meh. but hot guy though...earthz
Lmao..right her character is not good. I just praised her beauty. She was able to steal many people attention on twitter and made it to the news as well after her 3 second appearance during Malee's wedding.:risas3:
At this point, I am wondering how non-viewers feel when everyone around them talk about this lakorn

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
In my opinion;
#1 the characters . Right off the bat, in episode 1 karakade/kadesurang had caught our attention and after that bit by bit the characters just keep growing on you
#2 the history - as a non Thai viewer, even I have the urge to google all these real historical characters to know more about their stories. Even thr politics are interesting and this is actually saying something cause i hate anything politics heavy
#3 the clothes! Pretty pretty costumes and clothes! The casts are showing off real pretty outfits in every episode, no wonder native Thais are keen on putting on their own traditional clothings
#4 the music! For me, the background music works really well, except for a couple of overdramatic bgm during the intense politic scenes, but as for the rest, works great!

Ok this is what i could cough out now hahaha
Agreeing with what all y'all have said. Definitely how refreshing it is to watch - the leads' relationship, fem lead's refreshing adorable character; no evil/clingy second leads, and not even evil mother-in-law. Even if there are cliches, it's still done in a refreshing way/take. It's a breeze to watch yet still meaningful in its story - probably why it has managed to stick with so many people~.

Calligraphy

sarNie Adult
At this point, I am wondering how non-viewers feel when everyone around them talk about this lakorn
They probably have the same reaction I had with DOTS. lol.

"The only reason why I'm not watching Bpoop Phae Sunniwat is because everyone talks about it, and it's annoying af." lol.

Me: "I can't blame you guys because I did the exact same thing. " :risas3:

Last edited:

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
Lol at this point, they are missing out and I don’t bother telling them about it because this lakorn is a true gem, I want it all for myself and the fans who love it as much as I do. :)
True..it's a classic gem.

"The only reason why I'm not watching Bpoop Phae Sunniwat is because everyone talks about it, and it's annoying af." lol.

I didn't watch DOTS either..:risas3: because I didn't have much time during the airing period. But I know it's a gem because everyone around me watched it including my parents.

hdee

sarNie Juvenile
Hi, can anyone translate the poem Kade made; is it something else or along the lines of Janwat's poem?. Thanks!
I was looking for the poem too.....I remembered someone here translating it but I couldn't find it again.
Then I found it accidentally on SJDKfansub FB. There were 2 versions....I saved them both...All credit to the original translators.

Karakade’s poem
Translation:
The moon on the sky is easy to find.
Bored to look it.
But find the moon that can walk on the ground and have beautiful black eye looks like black sapphire. It hard to find.
The moon on the sky is not as beautiful as the moon on the ground.
And don't try to find it. Because there is only her that the girl who has beautiful eyes are more beautiful than the moon.
Credit Isabella Kate

Or
“The moon on sky is easy to find, you can look at it any time,
But the moon on earth with a pair of black eyes is rare to find.”
She means You should love this woman who is like moon on earth
and she really loves you”
Credit to the original translator.

Rosi

Wifey #42
LOL....This is so true...but I liked it a lot ...it kind of emphasized that Date was looking at Kade differently now .....but Still I'm grateful they didn't do the fan thing....sudden winds blowing Kades hair in Dates face and making him go in a trance has become so cheesy now because every Hindi drama and movie almost always use that scene.
Hair flying, ends of saree stretching its entire length.... haha..... Hdee, I guess like you, I can't take my eyes off this scene, it's rich in everything - her beauty, the nuances of his emotions..... Pope does it so well, doesn't he? Considering we've seen Date's attraction to her throughout the early episodes, and yet here he's showing there's still room for him to fall even more deeply in love. The way his eyes showed startled, unexpected surprise seeing her by that candlelight; and how that attention stayed.

I'm happy for Pope in this role, he's even more handsome in period clothes.... His dreamy smiles, they're lovely to see.

buroguhonyaku

sarNie Hatchling
What I love about this lakorn, is how the pra-ek actually had a legitimate reason for hating the nang-ek in the beginning (because he had seen with his own eyes). And even though he hated her, he never harrassed or bullied her (just tolerated her).
This is comparing to other lakorns where the pra-ek hates and harrasses the nang-ek just because OTHER people say that she's bad.

I'm about halfway through Bpoop. I'm convinced that Pope has the cutest smile out of any thai actor. Seriously, when he's secretly around the corner smiling because of Karakade...it makes ME grin like crazy! Those smiles are better than skinship from other lakorns. Bella is so beautiful here (she looks like guanyin from Journey to the West 1996), and she acts so well (karakade and kadesurang are so different, and she nails it). Aside from Pope, she also has amazing chemistry with Punjan.

The music and costumes are also beautiful. I can see this doing well in China as well if it's aired on their local tv channels.

Rosi

Wifey #42
I was looking for the poem too.....I remembered someone here translating it but I couldn't find it again.
Then I found it accidentally on SJDKfansub FB. There were 2 versions....I saved them both...All credit to the original translators.

Karakade’s poem
Translation:
Bored to look it.
But find the moon that can walk on the ground and have beautiful black eye looks like black sapphire. It hard to find.
And don't try to find it. Because there is only her that the girl who has beautiful eyes are more beautiful than the moon.
Credit Isabella Kate

Or

Thanks, hdee!! Wahh...that's an enticing lover's poem, and sure as hell beats the wimpy one which Janward did, or the one of Date's which I thought sounds corny. No wonder she had compliments all round, especially from her his dad. Date switched his attentions to her right away.

Rosi

Wifey #42
What I love about this lakorn, is how the pra-ek actually had a legitimate reason for hating the nang-ek in the beginning (because he had seen with his own eyes). And even though he hated her, he never harrassed or bullied her (just tolerated her).
This is comparing to other lakorns where the pra-ek hates and harrasses the nang-ek just because OTHER people say that she's bad.

I'm about halfway through Bpoop. I'm convinced that Pope has the cutest smile out of any thai actor. Seriously, when he's secretly around the corner smiling because of Karakade...it makes ME grin like crazy! Those smiles are better than skinship from other lakorns. Bella is so beautiful here (she looks like guanyin from Journey to the West 1996), and she acts so well (karakade and kadesurang are so different, and she nails it). Aside from Pope, she also has amazing chemistry with Punjan.

The music and costumes are also beautiful. I can see this doing well in China as well if it's aired on their local tv channels.
Woww you've nailed everything there is that's beautiful about this story!! I'm watching every second & hanging on to every piece of dialogue this time around - and relishing it. It's just too precious to let go.

Rosi

Wifey #42

Karakade’s poem
Translation:
Bored to look it.
Credit Isabella Kate

Or

But it's never said if Date knew this poem came from elsewhere; it made Kade wonder.

Rosi

Wifey #42
What do u think make BPS a mega hit? I think there are many factors. Many people in Thai have been analyzing this phenomenon..it's interesting to know their opinions.

My Thai friend said this lakorn is the most successful lakorn ever recorded in the history of Thai television.

I read one article. A traditional fabic shop owner said in the past 30 years she opened this shop, this is the peak of her career. People purchased traditional fabric because of this lakorn...Amazing...:clap:

It's a stunning production with a great adventure plot, but it's the beautiful love story makes me don't want it to end.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Hahaha yass exactly what I was in for from the start of the story. What a character development :p
Never tired of watching initially bitter, reluctant male leads slowly falling in love and turn into love-crazed softies. :risas3:
Yup. And especially with such hate! Haha. He hated her with a passion!!

Lol..right! From I'm so disgusted with you..to staring at you...to stalking you..to sniffing you and then I wanted to marry you. POR DATE :clap::clap:

Also Mr. Handsome Toey was singing the OST at his event and I was like "what if he was Date instead?" then I was like "nahhhh...no one can replace Pope's sexy voice" lol.
Naaaah!! Hahaha

LOL....This is so true...but I liked it a lot ...it kind of emphasized that Date was looking at Kade differently now .....but Still I'm grateful they didn't do the fan thing....sudden winds blowing Kades hair in Dates face and making him go in a trance has become so cheesy now because every Hindi drama and movie almost always use that scene.
Hahaha. I love the light effect. But yeah the wind blowing in the face you see it in every movie!!! It's so annoying!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG

Dang. For reals?? Haha.

I'm slowly getting the rest of my friends to watch this because they were like what is up with this lakorn being all over fb! Hahaha. I'm like if I were you I'd just go watch it, no questions.

Lmao..right her character is not good. I just praised her beauty. She was able to steal many people attention on twitter and made it to the news as well after her 3 second appearance during Malee's wedding.:risas3:

You know which actress stole the screen during her scene?? The royal girl on the boat!! She looked so elegant and so beautiful! I was like who's that lady!!??? Saw a YouTube video explaining who she was and she's alright. Hahaha.

Agreeing with what all y'all have said. Definitely how refreshing it is to watch - the leads' relationship, fem lead's refreshing adorable character; no evil/clingy second leads, and not even evil mother-in-law. Even if there are cliches, it's still done in a refreshing way/take. It's a breeze to watch yet still meaningful in its story - probably why it has managed to stick with so many people~.
Yeah. There's not a single person that will annoy you to no end! EXCEPT Clara, but she doesn't even show up until the end. Hahaha. I mean Faulcon is the guy to hate, buy even you feel sorry for him sometimes. I'm glad the writer gave every one a chance to be liked upon. She gave them all a good quality. I honestly thought Prik was going to be the annoying sucker upper of a servant, but she wasn't! Haha.

Haha. I watched it for my female lead and second male lead, but even they couldn't save the drama because of the male lead! Urgh, still mad thinking about it. They should've used the second male lead as the lead. If they did I would've loved DOTS too honestly, because I do like his character. I will get into the male lead if they do well enough in a character I like, but he just wasn't doing it for me. . .
Look at Pope. He did his job and had me falling hard. Haha. I don't know if y'all remember my beginning posts about him, but I didn't like him at all. Hahahaha.

Karakade’s poem
Translation:
Bored to look it.
Credit Isabella Kate

Or
If you watch the subbed version they added English subs to that part!!! And the translations are very beautifully written too.

Yup. I like that although he hated her guts he tolerated her and still tried to teach her good.

Thanks, hdee!! Wahh...that's an enticing lover's poem, and sure as hell beats the wimpy one which Janward did, or the one of Date's which I thought sounds corny. No wonder she had compliments all round, especially from her his dad. Date switched his attentions to her right away.
Yup the moment he realized. . .I like this women. You know how men usually courts the girl and the girl will decided if she likes him by whatever he's courting her with. It's as if Kade is courting Date with the poem and succeeding!! Hahaha.