[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
So only the boy's side gives gifts? (dowry) The girl doesn't have to reciprocate with anything? Because Karakade is supposedly not poor (this is said during the mosquito nets episode & someone said they know she's rich) and Kosa Ban acting on her behalf should have brought anything like a token?
Yes Traditionally only the groom side gives dowry because the bride marries into the grooms house so the groom has to prove that he can provide for her and any future kids they'll be having together.

Remember the scene Reung went to court Junward? He brought gifts and the mother told him that there's no place to put It? He asked her how so when the house is empty. That hurt her because everything of theirs were convesgated but then he asked her to allow him to fill the house as it once were filled. That gave her an assurance that he can provide for her and their family.

So with that supposedly dowry is an insurance given to the bride parents that their daughter will leave well. It is also to thank the bride's parent for raising and providing for her til she leaves to build a family of her own. Bride's don't give cus parents usually live with their sons.

Tresor Moi

sarNie Hatchling
So only the boy's side gives gifts? (dowry) The girl doesn't have to reciprocate with anything? Because Karakade is supposedly not poor (this is said during the mosquito nets episode & someone said they know she's rich) and Kosa Ban acting on her behalf should have brought anything like a token?
I think so! It’s like the boys side is paying for her virginity/ pureness and the dowry depends on her family reputation as well. So Khun P paid a mighty price for Kade. :)

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
Yes Traditionally only the groom side gives dowry because the bride marries into the grooms house so the groom has to prove that he can provide for her and any future kids they'll be having together.

Remember the scene Reung went to court Junward? He brought gifts and the mother told him that there's no place to put It? He asked her how so when the house is empty. That hurt her because everything of theirs were convesgated but then he asked her to allow him to fill the house as it once were filled. That gave her an assurance that he can provide for her and their family.

So with that supposedly dowry is an insurance given to the bride parents that their daughter will leave well. It is also to thank the bride's parent for raising and providing for her til she leaves to build a family of her own. Bride's don't give cus parents usually live with their sons.
So that's it! When it was Rheung I thought it's because Kade said Janward's mum loves gifts & that's the way to get to her (Rheung said he doesn't like or do bribery). And before you explained it seems to be that way the mum accepted him after seeing that he brought so much.

For Kade I thought it's like most weddings where both sides have to give to share for the celebration and the food; and jewellery a personal exchange between the bride & groom.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
I think so! It’s like the boys side is paying for her virginity/ pureness and the dowry depends on her family reputation as well. So Khun P paid a mighty price for Kade. :)
Ahh so Khun P paid high because he wants to (loves her?) & also because their family's rich? Because Khun Loong looks so happy when he asked the dowry be counted. Now the way you say it - paying for virginity. I know certain customs calls for virgin blood on their linens shown to the groom's family the morning after; I thought it's only in some medieval romance novels! But was told by a classmate she did see that! Her relative had the tainted sheets put aside to bring to her in-law's house! haha. Well, schoolgirls tend to share gory details of things but this is for real.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
In NDFD Daew's character just said "Tonight the moon is very pretty. . . ."
Haha.

No it's not. Hahaha. Don't watch it.
So far what do you think of NDFD? I keep looking out for Aum so what's wrong with me huh.... James is so handsome here I'm sorry for the times he has to act the softie. And the moon scene, do you get the same feel when Date closes up on Kade near the pier.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Ahh so Khun P paid high because he wants to (loves her?) & also because their family's rich? Because Khun Loong looks so happy when he asked the dowry be counted. Now the way you say it - paying for virginity. I know certain customs calls for virgin blood on their linens shown to the groom's family the morning after; I thought it's only in some medieval romance novels! But was told by a classmate she did see that! Her relative had the tainted sheets put aside to bring to her in-law's house! haha. Well, schoolgirls tend to share gory details of things but this is for real.
Eeew. Hahaha

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
So that's it! When it was Rheung I thought it's because Kade said Janward's mum loves gifts & that's the way to get to her (Rheung said he doesn't like or do bribery). And before you explained it seems to be that way the mum accepted him after seeing that he brought so much.

For Kade I thought it's like most weddings where both sides have to give to share for the celebration and the food; and jewellery a personal exchange between the bride & groom.
You are very observant! :clap:

The bride side brought food to symbolized that she was well taught and would be able to manage the house. Among those chores, the most important is food preparation. Notice that his mom took the reigns in teaching her how to cook and make talc powders. She said it must be done before they can marry. It's like an exchange, my son will be able to financially provide for you, my daughter will be able to take care of the house.

Today, the art and the meaning has been lost. :(

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
So far what do you think of NDFD? I keep looking out for Aum so what's wrong with me huh.... James is so handsome here I'm sorry for the times he has to act the softie. And the moon scene, do you get the same feel when Date closes up on Kade near the pier.
It's choppy, but interesting enough. I'm not sold on James yet. As a matter of fact I wish they had cast a better pra'ek. I'm sorry!! Haha. He has his good moments, but overall I don't like him and think he's a miscast. I really like the storyline though.

Hot Duo only comes on a few times per episode. So far I've only seen them in 3/4 scenes.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
The other day when Bella won the award, what happened to the rest of the cast? Pope should win something too right? I'm a bit surprised there's only for Kade & Khun Loong.
I think it's for last year no? I think he should be nominated next year. However award shows are pretty biased. Like I heard (not confirmed, just rumors so take it a grain of salt) that if the nominated doesn't attend, they give it to someone else or they already knew who they were going to give to even before the nomination lol.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
You are very observant! :clap:

The bride side brought food to symbolized that she was well taught and would be able to manage the house. Among those chores, the most important is food preparation. Notice that his mom took the reigns in teaching her how to cook and make talc powders. She said it must be done before they can marry. It's like an exchange, my son will be able to financially provide for you, my daughter will be able to take care of the house.

Today, the art and the meaning has been lost. :(
Ok, understand now. Jumpa did say a woman must know how to spice food, etc to be a charm for the man. (But I got upset with her when she told her husband she doesn't mind wasting all those teachings on Kade as she'd prefer another for Date's wife)

Sad in a way that now we both men & women are similarly skilled, these he-man protector types are somewhat gone. That's why we live so much in BPS I think, we can safely be lulled by these romantic tendencies of old.

Rosi2

Samee's wifey #42
I think it's for last year no? I think he should be nominated next year. However award shows are pretty biased. Like I heard (not confirmed, just rumors so take it a grain of salt) that if the nominated doesn't attend, they give it to someone else or they already knew who they were going to give to even before the nomination lol.
Oh no! I hope that's not true. The Academy Awards I think there's an armed guard guarding the envelopes.

CPY

GotomySin
It's for last year and I think Dara Awards are biased. Speaking about Mae Jumpa, I saw her in 'Pleng Phranang' and always had conflict with Aum P.