[Ch3] Cubic (UMA99)

angieM

sarNie Egg
thanks on the info on the rating but to be honest I never understand these number??? :scratchhead2: could someone be nice enough to kind of explain? good/bad/??? Ok, back to the lakorn. So far so good! I'm finally catch up to ep9. Love MintC character. she play is super!

Chalidaluvprin

sarNie Adult
angieM said:
thanks on the info on the rating but to be honest I never understand these number??? :scratchhead2: could someone be nice enough to kind of explain? good/bad/??? Ok, back to the lakorn. So far so good! I'm finally catch up to ep9. Love MintC character. she play is super!
The higher number the rating get the more people who watched the lakorns and the gooder it is. It's like people rating the lakorn.

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
TubbyTinker; Yeah, probably. I totally thought Bank was younger though. I mean, He is young but I thought about Mint's year. 

I'm soo into Bank and Nychaa's characters in here. They're just so cute. :3 

I'm sorry but for episode 9... when Bomb did his little cartwheel or whatever over his desk. I was done. I skipped that part completely. 

Mint is so talented. <3 Never fail to impress me. 

mingofsusie2011

sarNie Egg
I am new here and I'm happy that many people are discussing this lakorn.
Because Thai drama seems not very popular in my country.
Go back to the lakorn, I think the plot is very amazing.
After I have watch ep9, I can't wait for the next ep!!

Overall, there seems a little bit odd of the art settings LOL
And Choi hong group like a kindergarten name hahahaha
But overall, the casts did a very good job so far
But... Also I agree that bomb lack of emotion of his acting
Mint is so beautiful , she is so cute and act naturally.
I didn't expect that many people here like bank!! He is pretty handsome
I thought he have many haters hahaha
Cause I follow his Instagram, he exactly a cute boy LOL and his has a cat
For Danny, I think he act pretty well.
I agree with u guys - hope he don't like nark ,don't want he heartbroken
Actually I really want to read the novel, but I totally don't know Thai even one single word.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
so certain ep is doing ok ..getting 8-9

hahah About the cartwheel over desk

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
Mingofsusie2011; Hiii! Welcome! Glad you could come and talk about this thai lakorn with us. Yeah, I didn't expect some people to like Bank cause at first, I was the only one talking about him. I follow him on IG too. He is so adorable! He takes a lot of pictures with Nychaa. ;3 Him and his cat is definitely cute too, haha.

711Purplicious

sarNie Egg
The lakorn gets better each day and what I love the most that it isn't dragging, but rather straight to the point!! I am more in love with Mint's acting and Bomb... well I am used to it, so no more complaining. I am really pleased with Uma99's work. I remember when they started filming many people said that their work isn't up to standards and that really scaried me because I didn't want Mint to get a bad name, but the outcome is better than I imagined... so I am really happy and Mint Chalida deserves to get more lakorn after this and hope in 2015 after her graduation she will succeed even more (if the elders supports) Wish CH.3 supports her after her amazing roles... :)

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
This Lakorn is getting more interesting. Love Mint and Bomb moment. Ruthai is so naive about love, she is so smart in other area but not in the love department. Lan Ser's feeling toward Ruthai is so obvious but she has no idea about it and she slowing falling for him without realizing herself. I find it very cute. I like that one scene of them in his office where he was cleaning her hand.... I like almost all their scence together. Can't wait for today esp...

mingofsusie2011

sarNie Egg
Ntsuab-Ci said:
Mingofsusie2011; Hiii! Welcome! Glad you could come and talk about this thai lakorn with us. Yeah, I didn't expect some people to like Bank cause at first, I was the only one talking about him. I follow him on IG too. He is so adorable! He takes a lot of pictures with Nychaa. ;3 Him and his cat is definitely cute too, haha.
Hiii!!Nice to meet u :D i cant wait bank next lakorn <3 Even he is cute but he did great job for acting a villain so far ~

yea i cant see lots of pic take with Nychaa~~ they seems a close friend <3 wow i have just checked nychaa profile she is younger than me omg hahahah

Watched ep 10, Actually i don't know why meena suddenly care about puey in LOL i thought meena will hate him so much.

and yea the cartwheel over desk make me laugh hahaha i dont understand why he need to do that LOL

really want to read the novel :((  is there any english version??? 

Oh one thing I want to say. Lin lan ser is a Hong Kong mafia. I feel so odd.
I am a hongkongese and I notice that I didn't see any Hong Kong place in this lakorn omg..it definitely Taiwan!
And I thought they are Hong Kong mafia, But the office is in Taiwan LOLLOLOL
But I have just read the recap of cubic, the transaltions write"go back to Hong Kong"
Don't know why they don't go to the real Hong Kong -.-

fun

Expired Sarnie
If you don't want to hear read my complaint/rant, you might want to skip over my comment here. I have only seen up to episode 5, so my opinion may and will eventually change.

So I decided to pick this back up for the love of Chalida. I left in the middle of episode 2. She's continuing to do a good job. Bomb on the other hand, I still haven't seen the improvement. Why are they learning Putonghua (Mandarin) when they should be learning Cantonese? I know in HK, you are required to learn Putonghua as a secondary language but they are Thai, shouldn't their priority be Cantonese since they are residing in HK? Looks like someone didn't do their homework. 

And is it me or is everyone shouting and yelling. The scene where Nark and Danny were discussing how to transfer the weapon through three check point. I thought it was hilarious because they were talking so loud. Shouldn't they be discreet about it? Boy Chokchai, he plays Patrick. I love Boy since that horrible lakorn of Ken and Janie, also a UMA production, but that boy Boy needs to calm done with his exaggerated tone. His yelling and screaming on screen when he pops up, annoys the hell out of me. 

The thing that irks me is how everyone is saying Ruthainark is "cha-lat", "mai bpo-ka-dti" Yes she is clever, yes she is abnormal but the things she has done so far is common sense! I guess no one has common sense in here except for her. I find it normal to look up various maps to get familiar with a new place. I find it normal that when conducting business, you should at least know a little about the person you are dealing with background. If a criminal like Carlos cannot even come up with a plan to deliver his own weapon, I don't know how they become criminal in the first place. I was also expecting a spectacular plan from Ruthainark without the aid of Jongsing and Danny. 

I understand how Lan Ser become so cold exteriorly. He blames himself for the death of his mother. If only he had gone with her to the UK, she might have not committed suicide. If only Bomb can exert a little of that emotion to his character, he would be fine. 

What's up with all the hypocrisy? Lan Ser wants Danny to stay clear from Nark because Danny's father background. Hello Lan Ser, you're supposedly a "mafia leader". Danny hates the mob world. Hello Danny, your dad is a criminal, he sells illegal weapons. What difference is he from LS? 

I actually like Puey In, he doesn't seem like the villain I thought he would be. I am looking forward to Puey In and Meena romance (crossing finger). What I didn't expect was Yong Wen. What a pity because he and Bai Ling are adorable as a pair. Poor Bai Ling. 

As I was watching the episode, I had a lot to say but I can't jot down everything in an orderly fashion. My writing sucks! I hate you, English! 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile

fun said:
Why are they learning Putonghua (Mandarin) when they should be learning Cantonese? I know in HK, you are required to learn Putonghua as a secondary language but they are Thai, shouldn't their priority be Cantonese since they are residing in HK? Looks like someone didn't do their homework. 
I half agree with you. Cantonese is the official language of HK and it's also the most widely spoken, but since China took back HK in 1997, even though Cantonese and English are still the official languages in HK, Putonghua is rapidly gaining ground. It has recently become the second most spoken language over English, and most businesses use/speak Putonghua while most government positions are held by people who can speak Cantonese, English, and Putonghua, but in the lakorn, since they're mostly speaking among themselves, they should be speaking Cantonese instead. I'm not sure if in 30 years, Putonghua will become the official language since what I remember reading once was that China was giving HK a period of 50 years to adjust to China rule, in that they'll allow them to live the way they've always lived and after 50 years, they'll start implementing Chinese policy over them. Since Putonghua is the official language of China, I imagine that that will be one of the things they'll enforce over HK, but Mingofsusie2011 might be able to answer this better since she lives in HK.

fun said:
The thing that irks me is how everyone is saying Ruthainark is "cha-lat", "mai bpo-ka-dti" Yes she is clever, yes she is abnormal but the things she has done so far is common sense! I guess no one has common sense in here except for her. I find it normal to look up various maps to get familiar with a new place. I find it normal that when conducting business, you should at least know a little about the person you are dealing with background. If a criminal like Carlos cannot even come up with a plan to deliver his own weapon, I don't know how they become criminal in the first place. I was also expecting a spectacular plan from Ruthainark without the aid of Jongsing and Danny. 
Lol, I feel the same way. I kept waiting for some amazing, outside-the-box kind of thinking, but I haven't been wowed yet. I wonder if the book portrays it better.

fun said:
What's up with all the hypocrisy? Lan Ser wants Danny to stay clear from Nark because Danny's father background. Hello Lan Ser, you're supposedly a "mafia leader". Danny hates the mob world. Hello Danny, your dad is a criminal, he sells illegal weapons. What difference is he from LS? 
Right? I was wondering the same thing. I was like Danny, your dad's a weapons dealer. How are you superior to the mafia? Who else would your dad be selling weapons to if the not the mafia, militia, or drug cartels?

fun

Expired Sarnie
I had to pause episode 9 just so I can spazz over one scene. The scene where Lan Ser told Nark to get closer so he can tell her of his "genius" plan. I find Lan Ser to be clever haha. His "my nose is too big" excuse killed me. I couldn't stop laughing at how cunning he is. 

@lenin it has passed the half way point yet they have not shown me how intellectual Nark really is capable of.  I am sure the book does a better job at displaying Nark's intelligence. I believe that because this is low budget, they couldn't do anything spectacular. Even the shooting scenes were horrendous to watch. 

I will be back with more to say. I decided to drop my Korean entertainment fetish to catch up. Hope my sacrifice is worth it lol

mingofsusie2011

sarNie Egg
omg i have watched ep11, i think Danny LIKE Nark........:( omg Danny
And i don't understand why LLS need to handle the school job by himself.........
He is really idle of being a mafia leader -.-
and also they (nark and danny) drive so fake hahahaha
this episode without bank so sad:( Can't wait for next week
bank is soo cute haha

pink-lily

sarNie Hatchling
So I have been reading some comments in here and I do agree that bomb needs to show more facial expression but he's so handsome i just ignore it. He will improve ...

Love mint's character and their love story. LOL

Also I laugh everytime I see pueng-im. He acts all tough but he's sooo rookie ahahaha I think he's cute and love his love story with meena too.

Sigh I'm enjoying thus lakorn and it's pace.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have finally caught up with the lakorn! Today was a long day. 

I totally got the wrong impression of Ruthainark when I read she had some kind of special ability. I was expecting her to hack computers and be a total nerd or somewhat like Dr. Praepalin. I thought she would be some kind of prodigy but she's more street smart. If you don't know Dr. Prapalin, she is in Nuer Mek 2 played by Chalida lol 

Although UMA99 had made numerous crappy lakorns, I still give them credit for providing me with adorable pranangs scenes. There's a lot of me pretending in order for this lakorn to work for me. Age difference. I wish she was a college student instead of a high schooler. Changes can be made. Take a look at Mars, Meteor Garden, Boys Over Flower, etc. It worked out better that way that they made the characters older when in the original they were either middle schooler or high schooler. Plus she was still a minor and he is the school principle!!! Good thing there's no sexual counterpart involve. But with that aside, the age wouldn't have bother me much. 

So I have been trying to keep up with the time. Nark has been with Lan Ser for about a good 4-5 months. If you are wondering how I calculated the time, here's how I came about it. May not be accurate but should be close in proximity. In episode 2 or 3, it has been a week because she went to Lan Ser to give her salary to him and she supposedly have to deposit money weekly. Another 2 weeks pass since after Carlos had sign the contract. That makes it a month. Another month passes since Meena's father said he will pay Puey In after a month. That makes it 2 month. And so another week passed since Puey In returned to retrieve Meena. And add a 2-3 months for all the thing that had happen so far. Now I am a little worry about Nan. The girl has missed that many days of school, will she be able to graduate since it is her final high school year? How does the school system work in Thailand?

I am sad that Bai Ling died so soon. I can't wait to see San Gui's facial expression when he finds out the person who bit the hands that fed him is Yong Wen.

I can't help but fall in love with the dead fish Lan Ser. Although Bomb's acting is cringe worthy, I got use to his dead face look. I guess you can say that's part of his character. In episode... um... I forgot which episode but it was when he was in the hospital. He sure fell for her real quick. He was all smiley and I was like OMG BOMB's has improved but in actuality, he's just naturally a happy guy. No wonder he cannot exert an angry face because he's just a total goofy ball. I love it when he is all smiley!!! And I love it when Lan Ser gets all jelly but I think he is a bit selfish for keeping Nark. Poor girl miss home. At least let her visit. It's not like she will run away.

As for Puey In and Meena. I have no clue as to why Meena is so charmed over Peuy In, they had little interaction. I wished they had develop them a bit more. Peuy In is a total jackass but we viewers see that there's more to it than him being a jerk. I love his realism. He is upfront with his motives unlike Yong Wen. Puey In has potential character growth but I don't think he has enough screen time. 

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
fun said:
I have finally caught up with the lakorn! Today was a long day. 

I totally got the wrong impression of Ruthainark when I read she had some kind of special ability. I was expecting her to hack computers and be a total nerd or somewhat like Dr. Praepalin. I thought she would be some kind of prodigy but she's more street smart. If you don't know Dr. Prapalin, she is in Nuer Mek 2 played by Chalida lol 

Although UMA99 had made numerous crappy lakorns, I still give them credit for providing me with adorable pranangs scenes. There's a lot of me pretending in order for this lakorn to work for me. Age difference. I wish she was a college student instead of a high schooler. Changes can be made. Take a look at Mars, Meteor Garden, Boys Over Flower, etc. It worked out better that way that they made the characters older when in the original they were either middle schooler or high schooler. Plus she was still a minor and he is the school principle!!! Good thing there's no sexual counterpart involve. But with that aside, the age wouldn't have bother me much. 

So I have been trying to keep up with the time. Nark has been with Lan Ser for about a good 4-5 months. If you are wondering how I calculated the time, here's how I came about it. May not be accurate but should be close in proximity. In episode 2 or 3, it has been a week because she went to Lan Ser to give her salary to him and she supposedly have to deposit money weekly. Another 2 weeks pass since after Carlos had sign the contract. That makes it a month. Another month passes since Meena's father said he will pay Puey In after a month. That makes it 2 month. And so another week passed since Puey In returned to retrieve Meena. And add a 2-3 months for all the thing that had happen so far. Now I am a little worry about Nan. The girl has missed that many days of school, will she be able to graduate since it is her final high school year? How does the school system work in Thailand?

I am sad that Bai Ling died so soon. I can't wait to see San Gui's facial expression when he finds out the person who bit the hands that fed him is Yong Wen.

I can't help but fall in love with the dead fish Lan Ser. Although Bomb's acting is cringe worthy, I got use to his dead face look. I guess you can say that's part of his character. In episode... um... I forgot which episode but it was when he was in the hospital. He sure fell for her real quick. He was all smiley and I was like OMG BOMB's has improved but in actuality, he's just naturally a happy guy. No wonder he cannot exert an angry face because he's just a total goofy ball. I love it when he is all smiley!!! And I love it when Lan Ser gets all jelly but I think he is a bit selfish for keeping Nark. Poor girl miss home. At least let her visit. It's not like she will run away.

As for Puey In and Meena. I have no clue as to why Meena is so charmed over Peuy In, they had little interaction. I wished they had develop them a bit more. Peuy In is a total jackass but we viewers see that there's more to it than him being a jerk. I love his realism. He is upfront with his motives unlike Yong Wen. Puey In has potential character growth but I don't think he has enough screen time. 

I know right, I totally thought Nak was Doctor Praepalin, my sister thought that too. :) I'm actually loving this lakorn, I thought it wouldn't be that great, but I love it! I knew Bai Ling was going to die, even though I'm on episode 7, I just knew it. I knew Yong Wen was a bad guy, hr can't be a goodie goodie. I like Bank and Nychaa together, they're cute. :) I loved it when Nak and LLS were running away and Nak was so worried. And when LLS didn't slap her but touched her face, so cute. :) 

fun

Expired Sarnie
mingofsusie2011 said:
Watched ep 10, Actually i don't know why meena suddenly care about puey in LOL i thought meena will hate him so much.
That threw me off guard too. I liked the two together, but I am here  :scratchhead2: wondering why Meena was so worried about Puey In. I had the same reaction as Danny and Nark.  :shrug:

and yeah the cartwheel over desk make me laugh hahaha i dont understand why he need to do that LOL
really want to read the novel :(( is there any english version???
:loool: Yeah I was dying. But I enjoyed the fight scene. It's just too hilarious.

There's no English translation available. I hope that one day Thai entertainment will be popular enough for fans who understand both Thai and English can translate all these awesome Thai novels that has been turned into lakorns.  I was baffled too when I saw Taipei 101. The production team couldn't film in HK due to the heavy traffic. If only they did film in HK, I would have made you stalk them for us. 

missstaceythao said:
I loved it when Nak and LLS were running away and Nak was so worried. And when LLS didn't slap her but touched her face, so cute. :)
I didn't know Bomb's hand was that big. It is literally the size of her face!!! Lan Ser and his pettiness got me  :worthy: the things he makes Nark do just so that she can be by his side. He made her transcribe a document so that she couldn't go with Danny. And then he makes her eat with him. When she questioned him why he wants her to eat when the document was her priority. I would think Nark would have a clue that he hints hints likes her. Oh the time where he asked her if she hated him :coverlaf: She said she didn't and he was hoping he would say she likes him but she ended but saying he's annoying at times. OMG his dead fish face was hilarious and too cute.