[Ch3] Duay Raeng Atitharn (Guts Entertainment) : Tik J/Mew Nittha

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Well I had my reservations about this but it's a pretty good remake, not as good as the ch7 version but it held its own. I expected to be bored but it kept my attention for the most part. It had a good pace and the development for each character went well. Tik was fine in scenes where he had to play relaxed or casual but scenes where he had to yell at people and play the strict boss he fell flat, he just doesn't have the energy for it and the more he tried to force it, the worse it looked. Mew couldn't hold a candle to Kob's portrayal though, the 1996 version was during Kob's finest acting days. Mew needed to emote more especially in scenes where she's planning her vengeance or being angry, she looked pretty dead in those scenes. Her scenes as sweet Worada were fine but she needed the inner fire Kob had. My favourite scene was the dancing scene where there were parallel flashbacks to Worada in the past. Tik and Mew had more chemistry here than in the Mafia series, perhaps because Tik is acting his age here in the modern scenes.