[CH3] Jao Gum Nai Wen (Metta and Mahaniyom) : Mario Maurer/ Yaya Urassaya

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I was going to make this thread and saw yours, I'm so excited they are remaking this lakorn. I don't normally like remakes, but I am curious how they will do this one. This lakorn was awesome. I wonder who will be casted. If Noon S was still actively getting nang'ek roles, I bet it would have been her

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
What is this about?
Spoiler for anyone who doesn't want to know

Pip (Pra'ek) is a psychologist or therapist and has a deaf mute housemaid which is nang'ek (mew lalita). He is trying to unlock how her traumatic experience as a child caused her to become deaf mute, when in reality she should be able to speak and hear fine. Eventually he would meet other people who start being haunted or chased by something. It turns out all the people he meets later all committed some type of sin in their past life and now their past is haunting them to punish them for what they did in their past life. One of them dies and pip starts to lose function of his body (like eyes, legs, etc, don't remember which came first and such). Later on it is unlocked that all were entangled in their past past life. Pip was British architect or something during ancient times and was enlisted to nail down these huge pillars to build the door of a city or something like that. He sacrificed his pregnant wife (Mew), and those other people he would meet in the next life. I don't remember if it was intentional or not with his pregnant wife but I think he pissed someone off and they basically set it up to be that way. I think everyone is chosen because of their birth date. Not exactly sure but I think they all share the same birthdate or something unique about their birth date that was supposed to be good luck for the city door.

Think it's about time I rewatch this >.> I normally rewatch it once a year but I skipped it this year so far.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I don't want to invest in a lakorn till I know who the pranang are. But this sounds good I don't remember watching the old version and if I did it might have been so long.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The opening theme and soundtrack was such a beautiful and chilling song

Another song from the lakorn

More spoiler

By the end of the lakorn pra'ek was completely paralyzed and I think died? Then there is time jump he and nang'ek meet in a new life and it appears both has either dreamed of one another or remember each other.

I don't remember all of the people's sin but I remember some.

One of them was a hunter and he was hunting warthogs and came across a pregnant one or she was with her baby, he saw her shed tear but still killed her (this is what later comes to haunt him, being mercilessly hunted)
One girl she killed her parents and her younger siblings to be with her boyfriend by poisoning them
One man had a group of kids he ran with and sent them to steal from the Japanese during WWII. They were caught and he abandoned them and they were executed by the Japanese soldiers.
One guy was a soldier at Bang Rajan or a different camp in the same era. He betrayed his people by opening the gate to let the Burmese in in exchange for them letting him and the woman he loves go (she didn't love him because he was a coward) and after he opens the gate they end up raping the girl he loves. (He is haunted by the woman he loved and other spirits at Bang Rajan)
One was an extremely abusive slave owner
Mew herself had taken someone from a woman with a child causing the woman to commit suicide

Those are the only stories I remember so far lol.

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh I kind of want Mint in this one. Since she missed out on the opportunity to work with Broadcast for the Cupid Series. Plus is sounds like a very unique and challenging role, which she definitely needs.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
It'll be a different role for sure as the nang'ek doesn't talk most of the lakorn lol. She only talks in flashback scenes, when she's thinking, and when she is reborn lol.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I kinda want Kim in here just cause its different from her usual roles and she doesn't have anything coming up.
That's why my "gut" is telling me it's her since she's currently free lol.

This seems like a really good role to sink your teeth into, a real challenge.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The nang'ek in this lakorn is pretty much the central character. The pra'ek is sort of important but he is basically a tool throughout the lakorn (in terms of presence). The nang'ek is the one that does majority of the work trying to save the sinners and even the pra'ek. All while she can't speak or properly communicate with anyone.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
The nang'ek in this lakorn is pretty much the central character. The pra'ek is sort of important but he is basically a tool throughout the lakorn (in terms of presence). The nang'ek is the one that does majority of the work trying to save the sinners and even the pra'ek. All while she can't speak or properly communicate with anyone.
:( .... Please tell me she has an ally.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
For some reason I was thinking it would go to the older generation. Maybe because Mew did this one as a more "senior" gen. The Broadcast faves, Janie and Jui already have one booked with them and Chompoo is pregnant. I could see K'Nong offering it to Noon.

I remember some parts but a lot of it is hazy. There's more than 2 lives right? I think there's the ancient one, and there's a middle one before she gets reborn deaf/mute no? The one she was sort of rai in?