[Ch3] Kluen Cheevit (Lakorn Thai) Mark Prin/Yaya Urassaya

twister02

M♥K
Its 6am here and its clear KC is the only thing on my mind :risas3:right now esp. when this week has the most imp episodes. What is the time where you guys are at?
8:30AM here and all I do now is to check on this thread. :risas3:
We're one hour ahead from Thailand so it will be 9:30pm here when KC airs later.

Erlee

sarNie Egg
Ok guys lets have a FUN Discussion...

Name your favourite scenes of Yaya, Mark, and the scene which made you the FINN the most.

1. Yaya: I feel her best scene till now is the scene during funeral when she and Sathit are hiding behind bushes and she asks is she could there stay with him. Also the scene where she runs behind Grandma's car. I cannot decide between these two.

2. Mark: The scene right after Grandma's death, where Jee is banging her wrist on the wall, Sathit shields her hand and hugs her wholeheartedly.

3. Finn scene has to be the cutesy phone conversation at the end of episode 10.

Lets see if the scenes from upcoming episodes will replace these (already have a feeling the morning -after scene will probably be the best scene of both of them). So what about you guys?
Yaya does very well with her emotions; her cries are so painful and it breaks my heart just watching those tearful scenes. I feel all of it.

Mark is great at using his eyes to share his emotions, each time he sees Jee crying or in pain, he's hurting too and when he hated her, his eyes were filled with rage but at the same time he couldn't bring himself to let her die or suffer and you can really see it through his eyes.

I really like the scene when Sathit came to Jee's condo to look for Chaiyan and he knocks over her box of bra by mistake, tries to pick it up but ended up staring at her boobs. (Karma got to him when he smashed his head to the wall then the cupboard) lol...it has to be one of my favorite...I've watched it many times and it still gives me the same feeling as the first time that I watched it. I was all giggly and couldn't stop smiling.

My favorite scenes.

1. Yaya - I love her crying scenes but my favorite would be when she poured water over Piak and letting her know that there's no going on between her and Chayan. I like how firm she is when she did that to Piak.

2. Mark - The island scene in which he imagined Tiw and he shouted her name. I almost cried on that scene. Mark's acting in the island scenes were good. :)

3. Finn scene would be the accidental "almost kiss" in teacher's house and Thit pretended to be sleep talking to get away with it. :risas3:
I really want to know what Thit says when he pretended to be sleepping. But, actually he was with eyes wide open!!! How did Jee believe that he was sleeping???

twister02

M♥K
I really want to know what Thit says when he pretended to be sleepping. But, actually he was with eyes wide open!!! How did Jee believe that he was sleeping???
My thoughts exactly. I was like "hey! you saw him with eyes wide open" :risas3:
But maybe because Thit started to blabber things so that's why Jee thought he's sleeping/sleep talking.

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
Please quote me if I'm wrong..I go to Thailand and Cambodia twice a year and I've noticed that people sleep early especially kids and students because school usually starts at 7am. People in the countryside are asleep even earlier.
As a kid who grew up in Australia, I would sleep at 10pm (even though mum and dad sends us to bed at 7:30pm). It was a shock when everyone was already in bed by 9:30pm, I felt to pressure to sleep early and wake up early.
What city do you live in??? I live in Sydney~

alissaax

Just staring into those eyes, warms my heart. ♡
guilty as charges :risas3: the upcoming rscene had me reaching for a torch and came out of my cave . Im not shy to admit to my guilty pleasures HAHA . I'm probably more damage than Mr.Grey :risas3:
Hahahaaaa.....It might be rscenesw and willing| cause all the summaries I listened were slightly different

Noire89

Simply smile
This is from Wikipedia.

Thailand
In Thailand, a television rating system was introduced in 2006 alongside a movie ratings for movies. In September 2013, the television rating was revised.

Under the new guideline, the so-called ′Free TV′ channels have to label their programs and reschedule their shows to comply in the following categories:

• Preschool - content suitable for preschool aged children
  • Children - content suitable for children between 5–12 years old
  • General - content suitable for general audiences
  • PG 13 - content suitable for people aged 13 and above, but can be watched by those who are under the recommended age if parental guidance is provided. Under this category, the content can be shown on television between 8:30 p.m. and 5:00 a.m..
  • PG 18 - content suitable for people aged above 18 years old; those who are younger than 18 must be provided with parental guidance. The programs can be shown on television between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m..
  • Adults - content unsuitable for children and youngsters, and can be viewed on TV only between 12:00 a.m..
TV programs in Thailand are already labelled by certain system of categories, a practice criticised by rights group as nanny-state censorship and ridiculed by some Netizens for its confusing standards.

I remember before, Hormones rating was changed also because of the daring theme.
Thank you for the information.
:)

Noire89

Simply smile
Ok guys lets have a FUN Discussion...

Name your favourite scenes of Yaya, Mark, and the scene which made you the FINN the most.

1. Yaya: I feel her best scene till now is the scene during funeral when she and Sathit are hiding behind bushes and she asks is she could there stay with him. Also the scene where she runs behind Grandma's car. I cannot decide between these two.

2. Mark: The scene right after Grandma's death, where Jee is banging her wrist on the wall, Sathit shields her hand and hugs her wholeheartedly.

3. Finn scene has to be the cutesy phone conversation at the end of episode 10.

Lets see if the scenes from upcoming episodes will replace these (already have a feeling the morning -after scene will probably be the best scene of both of them). So what about you guys?
1) Yaya- the scene where she wakes up and P' Suki is there and she's begging him to tell her that everything was one big nightmare. I cried with her there.

2) Mark- the scene where he hides G from the fans who spot her after the grandma funeral, the way his face showed his emotions at the sight of her teary face.

3) Their conversation on the phone when G is still recuperate from the bullet wound. It was the start of the cheesy phone calls, so that one ;)

awesomeMustaches

sarNie Hatchling
I love how ur mind/imagination/conclusion/analyzing/assumption ...of the upcoming scene is an "angry s_x" , I thought I was the only one that's naughty by nature , lets be friend haha
I think of it as like hot hot hot break up sex

luther

"Such fun!"
Top 3 scenes that have aired so far:

1. Scene in the hospital when Jee wakes up after hallucinating about Granny Jahn and wakes up so see Satit's face right in front of her. Especially the line where she says "But I want to go (see Granny Jahn in the temple) now," and he softly explains to her that she should stay until the IV drip finishes. It's not specifically the dialogue that gets me, its the way in which they speak to each other, really gently and full of empathy.

2. Scene in teacher Ari's place when Satit uses it as a safe house after Jed gets shot. When he refuses to let Jee go back alone and accidentally lets slip that he cares about her. His face is priceless.

3. Scene where Jee and Satit share a cab ride back from dropping a drunk Piak and Chayan back at home, where they bicker at each other. I just found it funny and the SASS was REAL in that scene.

awesomeMustaches

sarNie Hatchling
I see your point. My issue isn't that the rape scene exists. It can exist in a lakorn as long as it is conveyed in an appropriate manner and the audience receive a clear message about the injustice of it. For example, if the villian does it and ends up getting thrown into prison, its made clear that sexual harassment is unacceptable. But in Thai lakorns, the protagonist does it too, and he is a man we are supposed to view as the 'good guy', and eventually he is forgiven for it without any real repercussions. It's the fact that he is forgiven for it, that I have a problem with. It conveys to the audience that sexual assault is 'forgivable' when really it is not.

Also, KC airs on prime time television (I think, correct me if I'm wrong. 8:30 seems like prime time to me), where kids can watch it, it's not like its on in the middle of the night. And it may just be me, but I feel like networks have a duty to their viewership to not encourage poor conduct, in the same way public figures have a responsibility to be good role models. So if networks show content that is not appropriate for impressionable youths, don't air it on prime time.

I realise lakorns are for entertainment, but I still feel like there is a limit to what networks should be able to air in service of 'entertainment'. For example, if a non-African American wore blackface on a show or a non-homosexual made a really homophobic comment, there'd be complete outrage, even if its just 'for a show'. Some misconducts should be left at all together, unless its to educate people about how wrong it is, and I include sexual assault as a part of that group.

I know it might be a culture gap thing, because I live in a Western country and my values reflect that. However, it still really bothers me sometimes.

p.s. I apologize to those who aren't really interested in this topic/area, but I do feel like its worthy of discussion. However, please go ahead and dismiss it if you're like "IDGAF".
Actually, a good explanation for this why the pra'ek usually doesn't pay so much for his sins is actually Buddhist culture itself. If a most-of-a-time-good-guy does something bad he usually gets Karmic law, it's either he "pays" for it in another life, or he pays for it within this life by doing merit. If a man is really bad they usually pay for it their entire life either by death and not being reborn, or by being in jail, or by being crazy. I think Buddhism is such a big part of life in Thailand that that part of culture and beliefs heavily influence entertainment. It's the same with the nang'ek she could be said to be paying for her sins in the last life.

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Hahahaaaa.....It might be rscenesw and willing| cause all the summaries I listened were slightly different
well, according to the lakorn's dictionary & hand out pamphlets to better understanding thai lakorn or from the mind of us romantic fanatic , the N'ek would only admit that's it an rscene vs the p'ek claiming the act was consensual :risas3: BUT he will never finish the line because the guilty party will shut him down & claim fault allegation :) . Its going be his words vs her