[CH3] Koo Gum - Sunset at Chaophraya (Act Art)

cecilia

Staff member
If p'Bird can be Kobori on movie and lakorn .. why can't Nadech too? I'm hopeful for Nadech -- n'ek can be anyone but not Taew. She annoys me sometimes. I'm okay with Mew --- don't mind a Noona and N'Singh reunion :)

cecilia

Staff member
B..but Bie/Noona was perfect!!! Even the rscece/aftermath was the best I seen in lakorn lol it was only 3 years ago
I love them too ... but I don't mind seeing Nadech redeems himself in this role again with another good actress. The movie did him no justice but his ne'k was so stiff in there .. he did all the acting and kissing alone lol

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
It's too soon to make a remake. Biena's version was only one or two years ago. I agree on making part two though. I would love to see a remake for the part two where Dan and Donut played as main lead.

But if Koo Gum was really going to be remade already, I wouldn't mind Nadech again, since I think he fits the role perfectly. His is movie was too short to see his acting as Kobori and yet he still did good. If Nadech was to be Kobori, then I won't mind a reunion with Taew or Mew.

Other nang ek I would like to see as Ungsumalin if they are given a chance would be Eye Kamolned, Prang K, Prim P, or Saiparn Apinya. These ladies are the most thi looking girls I can think of.

But either way, we will have to accept the production's pick and depending on that, watch or skip.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I said back when I first saw the news that since its Act Art it'll be Taew or Mew for sure and Taew is probably their 1st choice.

But no matter who they cast, there'll be complaints, can't make everyone happy. Back when Benz P. got the role, she got bashed so much cause she was too dark skinned. I felt bad for her. And Num doesn't look the tiniest bit Japanese either so there's that, and neither did Bie, Bird, Oat, or Nadech who all got to play Kobori.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I said back when I first saw the news that since its Act Art it'll be Taew or Mew for sure and Taew is probably their 1st choice.

But no matter who they cast, there'll be complaints, can't make everyone happy. Back when Benz P. got the role, she got bashed so much cause she was too dark skinned. I felt bad for her. And Num doesn't look the tiniest bit Japanese either so there's that, and neither did Bie, Bird, Oat, or Nadech who all got to play Kobori.
But seriously, Benz P fit the role very much because she's very Thai looking. So what if she's dark, right? She's beautiful either way. The true beauty of Thai girls. I actually thought that Nadech looked Japanese though. And the others, even though they look japanese, they played their roles perfectly and gave their own perspective of character to the Kobori they played.

Speaking of pra ek's, I would also really like to see Alek theeradej or Toey Pongsakorn as Kobori too. LOL.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Bie and Noona's version is still fresh in my heart. I love that version and have marathon it many times, now.

There should be a rule where a remake can only be done once every decade or else we have too many adaptations such as this.

Although, it is true that P'Bird was the male lead for both the movie and lakorn versions in the past, I don't wish to see that happen with Nadech. I honestly don't think that should have happened with P'Bird in the first place. Lol But that's just me.

Whether Nadech had a bad nang'ake or not or it didn't turn out as great due to circumstances beyond his control, I just think he already went down in history in the movie version. He already lived as Kobori once, did his best, and it shouldn't be disrupted. I find it silly if the same actor is the lead in two different versions like Cheese in the Trap right now. Lol As much as I didn't like the movie, Nadech was paired up with Richie, so to see him paired up with someone else in the lakorn version, it'd be odd for me. Lol

Why would Nadech need to redeem anything as a general question. Especially taking on the same project? Let's just let it go and have someone else take on the role.

Mario is a good choice. Ch. 3 has so many pra'akes. But Mario would be my top choice. If you want to see another and different side of Kobori from the previous versions, I'm confident that Mario will accomplish that. Mario is such a good and versatile actor. He can turn any role into a lovable one.

The hard part is finding a suitable nang'ake. Ungsamalin is a VERY VERY annoying, uptight, self righteous character that it's hard to find an actress I would not grow to hate. Some actresses are very annoying when portraying prideful roles. Lol I think Mew would be my best choice. She's not annoying in annoying roles. Haha.

sarNie Adult
Speaking as a foreigner, I would like to say, how many versions of Koo Gum does Thailand need?! I wonder if it will be better to just do a modern version, like Koo Gum meets Descendants of the Sun kind of thing, just make Kobori live for once or something. haha I don't know. Sorry I was just thinking out loud.

In my opinion, the essence of Kobori is having that "pitiful puppy" expression. He has to have those innocent (almost silly) looking eyes where he's wholeheartedly and steadfastly in love with the N'ek, even when she hates his guts, thus making him look pitiful and you just want to reach out and hug him forever. Of course, conversely, he has to have the X-Factor for the infamous R-Scene, where all hell breaks loose and Kobori is shown as a vulnerable, passionate man after all.

The essence of Aungsumalin on the other hand is having that "beautiful anger" - where outwardly, she's furious (albeit "gracefully" as she is an "honorable Thai lady") but really, she's just mad at herself and you see the beauty in her pain, as you see she's falling in love. She has to come off as stubbornly strong, yet vulnerable.

With that, I can think of some actors who would suit the role well. I think Mew can do the Aungsumalin role. As for Kobori, of course my bias is with James Ji, but I think Toey P. would be suitable as well. I think with a project like this, it's good to cast an underrated actor as the role can really make people shine, if done well. (in addition to the fact that since it's been remade for the Nth time, they'd have big shoes to fill. If you put any of the relatively more "exposed" actors then they'd be criticized no matter how they perform, in my opinion.)

But can we please not have a Koo Gum remake soon? I am still hurting from the Bie x Noona one and the Nadech x Richie one (for different reasons though hahahaha) Maybe in another 5 years or something.

Pooh4ever

sarNie Adult
@040156 I like the idea of a modern touch to it. If they're going to do a remake after sooooo many remakes lol, then a little change in the story might be a good approach.

As for who plays who, I agree with giving this opportunity for upcoming actors instead of the already established ones.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Channel 3 is remaking so many lakorns.
I thought the last Koo Gum was in 2013? Thats the fastest I've ever seen a lakorn being remade, even with Buang Hong, its last version was in 2009 and I still think its too early..

I would love to have Kim play in a lakorn wearing old clothing, yeah she looks mix but so many actors are mix nowadays. But then again, Kim has been in too many remakes too. A Mew Nittha and Nadech reunion would be great, they're both superb actors. I wish it could be James Ma and Mew but they already have a lakorn together.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
But seriously, Benz P fit the role very much because she's very Thai looking. So what if she's dark, right? She's beautiful either way. The true beauty of Thai girls
Yeah and Benz is a great actress. I wasn't a big fan of hers back in the day like I am now and I was like you can't get any more "Thai" than Benz. Didn't see what the problem was.

I think my choice would be Mario and Mew too. Mew isn't the best actress but there's something natural about her acting that isn't annoying at all. She doesn't overact, exaggerate or try too hard. I can't wait to see her as Mingla in Rak Nakara.

I'm not sure you can make this more modern. The setting is very very specific and the story doesn't work without the setting. It's WWII when Japan was in Thailand and that's how the whole story starts.

As for why Ch3 is remaking this now, it could be that they bought the rights to it and you only have the rights for a limited number of years. If you paid for it, might as well do it or its a waste of money. Maybe they learned their lesson with Yai Saneha and Rom Chat. They wanted to do both and then lost the rights.

They're also remaking Kom Payabaht and that was like in 2013? But that one they can change a bit. I heard they were going to make it a period lakorn because it doesn't make sense for it to be modern with all the DNA testing and stuff.

Last edited:

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Whether Nadech had a bad nang'ake or not or it didn't turn out as great due to circumstances beyond his control, I just think he already went down in history in the movie version. He already lived as Kobori once, did his best, and it shouldn't be disrupted.

Why would Nadech need to redeem anything as a general question. Especially taking on the same project? Let's just let it go and have someone else take on the role.
Yup, I agree. It was a privilege for Nadech to take on this role once, even if the outcome wasn't as anticipated. The lakorn version should go to someone else.

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
This is gonna get remake no matter what. Huh? Well... My pick would be Alek and... Can't think of na'ek from ch3 yet.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Why do I feel like all the channels are rushing to remake things done by other channels so fast because they want to outdo each other and show that they can do it better. There seriously needs to be a decade before lakorns are remade.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
I wish they would remake the older older lakorns that haven't been remade yet. 10 years plus is good enough time. I love the bird/Kwang version. I attempted to watch the two newer version but couldn't. I cant get over Benz P, Bie or Noona.

If Mario is in here, I'll definitely will watch!!!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
To me koo kum loose its appeal after so many remakes and making it worse none of the remakes had ground to stand. I wished all the channels would give it serious thoughts that if the lakorn is an absolute "classic" would they able to make it better as their own if not they should drop the idea.

Classic are hard to remake because everything has to line up nicely but nowadays that's not the case. I'm disappointed most at casting. They hand out roles to people that are such a miscast more than often it takes away from the lakorn itself.

Take from novels, take from fan fiction take from whatever material that is fresh rather than keep on remaking lakorns just for the sake of it. I don't know...the industry are running out of ideas but man they sure are making more than obvious.

sarN

sarNie Granny
take from my fanfiction , it have lot of explicit scene :risas3:. Bie & Noona 's version is the BEST ! Love..the rscene :icon12::icon12::icon12: