- I just watched ep. 1 I thoroughly enjoyed it! This is a great mood picker-upper. It's hilarious and light hearted with a tad bit of friendly drama. I am glad there's this lakorn in the midst of all the vengeful and melodramatic stuff.
I've been raving about this lakorn nonstop over at Spicy, so I'm going to do the same here.
Yes, the leads are veteran pra'akes and nang'rais, but please give this lakorn a chance. I'm just like everyone else, I usually pay attention to lakorns that my biases are in but seriously, this lakorn is one of the VERY few "think outside the box" Thai lakorns. I always complain how Thai lakorns lack the substance Korean dramas have. Well, here we have it. This is a good solid lakorn the mixes in reality, humor, love, friendship, family, career, just everything the makes life, life. The acting is solid. All of the leads can do both comedy and melodrama scenes gracefully. The dialogue is one of the best scripts I've seen in a LONG LONG time. The cheesy lines between Benz and Aun are actually cute. The lines between Joy and Alex are touching. And the lines between Por and Vicky are hilarious!
If you're looking for a drama that you can get something meaningful out of, try this one. If you're looking for a drama where you don't have to spend so much time shipping instead of just enjoying the drama for its storyline, try this one. The chemistry is superb amongst the ladies and the same can be said about the couples too. I can feel the hurt amongst the ladies, what made them break apart and that they still care for one another secretly from faraway. And I can feel their loneliness as over the hill women when they look at their pra'akes.
It's too sad that Pantip and both forums aren't too interested in this lakorn. Perhaps Thailand isn't ready for such a lakorn or perhaps everyone just cares about shipping and no longer quality, but if you're looking for fun, entertainment, and light hearted comedy, THIS IS IT!
This is a my list so far as to why I'm soooo in LOVE with this lakorn:
1. Joy, Benz, and Vicky portray single women who have always placed their careers before love in their lives. They are now 35 years old, unmarried, no kids, looking for love. They've worked so hard during their youth to earn their current positions, titles, and names, but due to age, they have to tiredlessly protect what is theirs and compete with newcomers who are always trying to steal their spots. They can fall from grace at any given time. They've been lonely this whole entire time, but they find comfort in their careers because it's their passion, but they are about to lose out to youngsters who see no value in working hard and do not respect them. They are honest hard working women trying to keep what's theirs in a world full of deceit, schemes, and backstabbing.
2. The dialgoue/script is AWESOME! The jokes are freaking hilarious and true in terms of the stereotypes against women 30+.
3. The ladies may be confident, indepedent, intelligent, and bada$$ biatches BUT they have their barbie blonde moments, which makes them human. Their brain farting moments are hilarious, not stupid. It shows that they, too, are vulnerable.
4. The acting is GREAT! Joy, Benz, Vicky can ALL play comedic roles VERY VERY well. The comedic atmosphere comes off very natural and fun, not annoying. Por, Aun, and Alex too are really good with comedy and serious scenes.
5. Time is EQUALLY spent on each couple. We get to see each relationship build up solidly. There are no questions as to how they fell in love or any abrupt transitions, you SEE it build.
6. The wardrobe, the houses, the offices, the gyms, just everything this lakorn uses are new, modern, and hip.
7. It's a very high quality lakorn. Everything seems so invested. The opening credits are so movie like.
8. I love the way of how they make fun of how things are like in reality. Vicky portrays a talented actress, but due to age, she's taking minor roles in lakorns and the nang'ake roles go to the hot newcomer who can act for sh*t but is popular for her face and boobs, is always late to the filming site due to taking too many events, and has no respect for veteran actors/actresses.
9. I can't even tell the age difference, which makes it even more ironic and sad in reality. People are always picking on single women in their 30's but what for? When these ladies are still so pretty, hot, and youthful? I can't even tell the huge age gap of 10+ years between Joy and Alex. I can't even tell the age gap between Vicky and that actress playing that young popular actress. That's the thing about Thai lakorns. Actresses and actors at 25 are playing parent roles now, which is ridiculous, which makes me even the MORE HAPPY watching a lakorn so out of the norm like this, having veteran nang'rais as nang'akes.
10. This lakorn is soooo different. Besides Dal Ja's Spring, even Korean dramas and movies who try to portray women in their 30's have failed to move me in such a way.
Woohoo! Spinsters VS Casanovas is an excellent lakorn. I give it two thumbs up!
People and fans tend to get too involved in shipping teams that sometimes, it takes away from the lakorn. In here, no shipping, just simply enjoying acting for what it is and the stories this lakorn illustrates.
I watched ep.2-4 and I am glad I gave this lakorn a chance. I actually like mature actors/actresses because of there versatile abilities. I don't think I've ever seen P'Au and Joy in a comedy type of lakorn. It's really refreshing. I am surprised by how flawlessly they played their characters. I don't have a favorite pair because they are all adorable, funny and have great chemistry. Who ever did the casting for this lakorn, did a wonderful job.
Joy & Alex... wow! They make me shy. When Alex was looking at Joy's body up and down, I felt "kurn" (shy) for her. - Makes me see Alex in a totally new light. I never paid much attention to him as a newbie actor. But after this, I think I will pay closer attention. mmhmm!
P'Au & Benz, omg really?! I did not see that one coming. Never imagine P'Au to be funny and charismatic. He usually plays in serious, melo or vengeful lakorns. And Benz has been playing rai a lot lately, I was completely thrown off by their couple. They do not disappoint as veteran actors/actresses.
Vicky & Por - I've always liked them individually. They have some of the best "jeeb" (courting) lines. I like how Nampeung just goes for Pete and teases him. When Por gets embarassed it's cute.
There's only enough family drama. I like it so far and I think everyone should at least give the first episode a try.
agree, I just finish watching the ep and was lol/giggling through out! LOOOOOOOOOVE IT! I really like how the friends band back together to support each other when needed. LOVE VICKI and POR, Neumpung makes Pete LOL
I was never a fan of Au but he really appealing here and Alex is so adorable
My 1 complaint is the make-up....I think they look sooo MUCH better when it's tone down. Can't wait to more ep, why is it only 1 hrs and 7min????!
^He's bad at making me smile from ear to ear
Did you noticed? His face was red and so was his ears too lol
Poor Joy -- she's falling deep!
I like Au too .. love how he always put up with Benz. He always have the best comeback line to get her back with her over confident attitude! I like that he's persistent w/her -- our feminist woman is falling for him without realizing it lol
Por & Vicky -- I adore them. He's trying to reject his feeling but we know, it's there. He has a soft spot for Vicky :wub:
Yeah, Pete has always had a soft spot for Nampueng; thus, he's been supporting her all this time when she was known to have been blacklisted by a lot of people.
Wayu and his pick up lines thrown at Lini all the time, makes me giggle.
Remember when Krit was in the car with that one girl and she told him that his parents were pretty upset at the clip and that the whole island knew about it? Wonder what his background is. He's the most mysterious of them all.
I wonder if they're going to do something about Nampueng's family background too because she's not as well off as Maple and Lini, obviously. Since she's a sticky actress who only has her career to fall back on in terms of finances.