[CH3] Likit Ruk (Thong Entertainment) Nadech Kugimiya / Yaya Urassaya

greenleo

sarNie Egg
I've recommended Crown Princess to many other international fans on twitter. And everyone has LOVED it a lot. Now those same people are tweeting about NadechYaya and recommending the show to their friends. No one has mentioned editing. Personally, I LOVED IT. It was my very first Thai series, and I couldn't be happier.

I also understand that perhaps many people in the thread had high expectations and waited a long time. So that also factors into the reviews. I started watching the drama with no expectations. And I didn't have to wait long for anything.

I loved that it was classy and sophisticated. And that it didn't have the rape storylines and over the top slapping....hate/love abusive things that I've heard are common in Thai shows. For some reason, those shows are highly rated.

I'd rather have a healthy written pairing and show than the "I hate you....will kiss you and drag you violently even if you scream no because that is so sexy and passionate." Like I genuinely don't get the appeal of that genre.

With CP, you have beautiful actors with amazing chemistry. And lovely romantic storyline. I do feel there were plenty of Alice/Dawin scenes. Yes, Kate had a lot of scenes too. But the "bad guys" tend to have a lot of screen time. You can't have a story with no villain. And I like the progression of Alice/Dawin. They started with disliking each other but it wasn't "over the top I hate you" thing. It was more about not trusting each other. Then over a period of time, they fell for each other naturally. It wasn't forced or rushed.

We even got good kissing/hugging/hand holding moments despite the storyline being about a princess and soldier who couldn't physically touch or hold each other.

And a special mention of the amazing medal giving moment which I thought was one of the top moments for me. Then, we have the touching scene of Dawin holding Alice after she hears her grandfather was poisoned. And I loved the SMALLER moments just as her bringing him a cup at the hospital or the scene where he was washing her bra. This show had plenty of moments for them in a span of 12 episodes.

I definitely wanted MORE though. 15 episodes would have been better. But at least each episode was close to 2 hours long. So essentially that's 24 US type of episodes...

Anyway, I guess my point is that I've ONLY seen people truly complain about CP and the editing in this thread. Definitely NOT on twitter or instagram or youtube or anywhere else....it was loved and appreciated a lot by fans.

Just my opinion! We all have them. Plus, I'm a new fan. So perhaps, my perception is very different.

As a side note, CP definitely has INTERNATIONAL appeal. Netflix really needs to pick it up.

I hope you guys don't take offense to me disagreeing with many of your thoughts on CP and editing!!!!

sasuke06

sarNie Adult
Last edited:

m3lhouse

sarNie Adult
I've recommended Crown Princess to many other international fans on twitter. And everyone has LOVED it a lot. Now those same people are tweeting about NadechYaya and recommending the show to their friends. No one has mentioned editing. Personally, I LOVED IT. It was my very first Thai series, and I couldn't be happier.

I also understand that perhaps many people in the thread had high expectations and waited a long time. So that also factors into the reviews. I started watching the drama with no expectations. And I didn't have to wait long for anything.

I loved that it was classy and sophisticated. And that it didn't have the rape storylines and over the top slapping....hate/love abusive things that I've heard are common in Thai shows. For some reason, those shows are highly rated.

I'd rather have a healthy written pairing and show than the "I hate you....will kiss you and drag you violently even if you scream no because that is so sexy and passionate." Like I genuinely don't get the appeal of that genre.

With CP, you have beautiful actors with amazing chemistry. And lovely romantic storyline. I do feel there were plenty of Alice/Dawin scenes. Yes, Kate had a lot of scenes too. But the "bad guys" tend to have a lot of screen time. You can't have a story with no villain. And I like the progression of Alice/Dawin. They started with disliking each other but it wasn't "over the top I hate you" thing. It was more about not trusting each other. Then over a period of time, they fell for each other naturally. It wasn't forced or rushed.

We even got good kissing/hugging/hand holding moments despite the storyline being about a princess and soldier who couldn't physically touch or hold each other.

And a special mention of the amazing medal giving moment which I thought was one of the top moments for me. Then, we have the touching scene of Dawin holding Alice after she hears her grandfather was poisoned. And I loved the SMALLER moments just as her bringing him a cup at the hospital or the scene where he was washing her bra. This show had plenty of moments for them in a span of 12 episodes.

I definitely wanted MORE though. 15 episodes would have been better. But at least each episode was close to 2 hours long. So essentially that's 24 US type of episodes...

Anyway, I guess my point is that I've ONLY seen people truly complain about CP and the editing in this thread. Definitely NOT on twitter or instagram or youtube or anywhere else....it was loved and appreciated a lot by fans.

Just my opinion! We all have them. Plus, I'm a new fan. So perhaps, my perception is very different.

As a side note, CP definitely has INTERNATIONAL appeal. Netflix really needs to pick it up.

I hope you guys don't take offense to me disagreeing with many of your thoughts on CP and editing!!!!
No offense taken. AF is definitely not the only place where editing was criticized. If you look through posts of LR on their producers, official account of the production, and staff members accounts on ig when the episodes aired you'll see criticisms... easy posts to look up, the posts on the days when LR ended because they asked for feedback in these posts so you can sort through those too in case you missed it.... maybe the criticisms on the rest of the web doesn't appear as much as AF which is actually fans being polite lol. It's better to do it here than on the staff's account to show some mercy and that the nyfc aren't that crazy hahahaha... and I'm sure you only mean "english" comments because Thai's had top threads on their forums criticizing Anne's oversight of the script and bad editing. There are many spectrums of criticisms that are bad to amazing for LR. But overrall LR garnered favorable reviews but the pain points for LR was really the editing and storyline.

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL I don't know why that thai ig reposted that review ahhahah they made it seem like she's a professional journalist ahhahah I mean the point is to show that inter fans watched LR... but c'mon ahhahaha that's not news....
Thongentert is stupid. This is a review from a blogger, not a big Media haha.
This international person/blogger and I did not watch the same Likit Ruk lakorn. This blogger didn’t clarify if she read subtitles or understands Thai when she watched Likit Ruk. She is free to write what she wants; she wants to give public voice to Likit Ruk but her lakorn knowledge is not broad and her analysis was not deep. Just by looking at her webpage, this appears to be her first attempt at reviewing Thai lakorn.

First off, I apologize in advance if I offend anyone here that reads subtitles, but I think she doesn’t understand the true appreciation of NY’s acting in Likit Rut, because she was too busy in reading instead of watching so her response to this lakorn is going to be what is apparent to her – the progression of Kate as well as the quick turnaround personality of Alan. She though Kate and Alan’s roles were more challenging and preferred theirs? I believe because she was reading and watching then she’s lacking the subtleness of Dawin and Alice’s characters and missing brief, yet vital moments.

She has her opinion and I agreed that Kate’s development was transparent. Her acting supports the character and display complex personalities. With the exception of a few episodes; Kate had many scenes throughout the lakorn. On the other hand, Alan had very few scenes so she lost me on that preference. She didn’t cover the acting and characters of Alice or Dawin and made it seem like they’re insignificant except for the action scenes. While in fact, they were raved by fans and nonfans on their acting despite the production issues. She needs to be precise in her commentary and incorporate specific examples from the scenes to back up her opinions as to why Kate and Alan’s roles were more challenging. Lastly, I am not declaring her incapable of reviewing Likit Ruk or Thai lakorn because she doesn’t share my enthusiasm of Nadech or Yaya.

greenleo

sarNie Egg
No offense taken. AF is definitely not the only place where editing was criticized. If you look through posts of LR on their producers, official account of the production, and staff members accounts on ig when the episodes aired you'll see criticisms... easy posts to look up, the posts on the days when LR ended because they asked for feedback in these posts so you can sort through those too in case you missed it.... maybe the criticisms on the rest of the web doesn't appear as much as AF which is actually fans being polite lol. It's better to do it here than on the staff's account to show some mercy and that the nyfc aren't that crazy hahahaha... and I'm sure you only mean "english" comments because Thai's had top threads on their forums criticizing Anne's oversight of the script and bad editing. There are many spectrums of criticisms that are bad to amazing for LR. But overrall LR garnered favorable reviews but the pain points for LR was really the editing and storyline.
I feel like some of the fans posting those editing comments on Instagram are from this forum, though. Comments in English...I haven't seen Thai individuals comment on the editing. And I use translations to read Thai comments.

Maybe I'm wrong. Also, it's only recently that other international fans got access to ENG subs for CP. So I feel like the early English speaking comments came from many fans using this forum and thread.

Either way, I've honestly never even thought about editing UNTIL I read this forum and noticed fans complaining. I was legitimately surprised.

I was aware that some scenes were cut, of course. But that's pretty normal for all shows.

At least we can agree that we NEED the DVD boxset. I would love to get one. Although, I'm sure it won't be with ENG subs and hard for people to receive in United States.

I know that some were upset that Dawin's screaming moment was cut. But if you are wondering about award season, he does have other poignant scenes such as when Alice was shot, and he was begging her to live.

I guess I'm happy with it. And I don't agree with so many anti comments on it. Especially if you compare CP to other Thai shows where rape is made to be a joke and constantly shown. I'm glad I get to enjoy a classy Thai show for once!

;)

m3lhouse

sarNie Adult
This international person/blogger and I did not watch the same Likit Ruk lakorn. This blogger didn’t clarify if she read subtitles or understands Thai when she watched Likit Ruk. She is free to write what she wants; she wants to give public voice to Likit Ruk but her lakorn knowledge is not broad and her analysis was not deep. Just by looking at her webpage, this appears to be her first attempt at reviewing Thai lakorn.

First off, I apologize in advance if I offend anyone here that reads subtitles, but I think she doesn’t understand the true appreciation of NY’s acting in Likit Rut, because she was too busy in reading instead of watching so her response to this lakorn is going to be what is apparent to her – the progression of Kate as well as the quick turnaround personality of Alan. She though Kate and Alan’s roles were more challenging and preferred theirs? I believe because she was reading and watching then she’s lacking the subtleness of Dawin and Alice’s characters and missing brief, yet vital moments.

She has her opinion and I agreed that Kate’s development was transparent. Her acting supports the character and display complex personalities. With the exception of a few episodes; Kate had many scenes throughout the lakorn. On the other hand, Alan had very few scenes so she lost me on that preference. She didn’t cover the acting and characters of Alice or Dawin and made it seem like they’re insignificant except for the action scenes. While in fact, they were raved by fans and nonfans on their acting despite the production issues. She needs to be precise in her commentary and incorporate specific examples from the scenes to back up her opinions as to why Kate and Alan’s roles were more challenging. Lastly, I am not declaring her incapable of reviewing Likit Ruk or Thai lakorn because she doesn’t share my enthusiasm of Nadech or Yaya.
WORD

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

This is the only review I care about LOL

YadechTaemint

Magnet Couple
I feel like some of the fans posting those editing comments on Instagram are from this forum, though. Comments in English...I haven't seen Thai individuals comment on the editing. And I use translations to read Thai comments.

Maybe I'm wrong. Also, it's only recently that other international fans got access to ENG subs for CP. So I feel like the early English speaking comments came from many fans using this forum and thread.

Either way, I've honestly never even thought about editing UNTIL I read this forum and noticed fans complaining. I was legitimately surprised.

I was aware that some scenes were cut, of course. But that's pretty normal for all shows.

At least we can agree that we NEED the DVD boxset. I would love to get one. Although, I'm sure it won't be with ENG subs and hard for people to receive in United States.

I know that some were upset that Dawin's screaming moment was cut. But if you are wondering about award season, he does have other poignant scenes such as when Alice was shot, and he was begging her to live.

I guess I'm happy with it. And I don't agree with so many anti comments on it. Especially if you compare CP to other Thai shows where rape is made to be a joke and constantly shown. I'm glad I get to enjoy a classy Thai show for once!

;)
Nah, Thais were butchering LR in terms of it's editing. They were more brutal(?) on Pantip but a tad nicer on Twitter, IG etc. People loved NY though (well except that some found Alice dumb in the last few episodes).

m3lhouse

sarNie Adult

;)
Ultimately if it was good for you then that's great. If you want to look at feedback on the editing, go to anne's bf's ig posts while LR aired he got the most of negative feedback.

Thai's feedback. I pulled the LR topics for you here https://pantip.com/tag/ลิขิตรัก_(ละคร) This is the biggest Thai forum on the net. This thread is on the editing specifically.. but the editing is mention is a lot of the threads. https://pantip.com/topic/37788448

If the editing wasn't an issue, the request would be just for a regular dvd not UNCUT LOL I can assure you I've followed both thai feedback and english, AF is not unique to editing criticisms.

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid

No offense taken and I am glad to hear many people loved it. I can’t read their minds but I am sure that’s what Nadech and Yaya hope to accomplish everytime they signed on a project.

Some that were expressing their views in here are some of NY biggest fans and shared their constructive criticism, not just complaints. I like seeing that because it means they are true and genuinely want the lakorn to do well instead of turning a blind eye because it’s NY.

I shared many complaints here about this lakorn, but overall I and probably many others have enjoyed it. I think it’s great that we all have different opinions on this lakorn not everything is great and wonderful - unlike other lakorn threads where you will not find one comment faulting or pointing flaws about the lakorn even if ratings shown there are no interest. Then you have the obviously very bad lakorn that’s dead on arrival. Even at that, channel 3 executive will comment their support it via IG.

Like others have said, this lakorn had so much potentials and our criticisms resulted from us wanting more and that it could have been so much better.

;)

GENERALLY SPEAKING majority of new NYers who just watched only LR have positivc feed backs compared to some old timer NYers if you are done watching all NY Lakorns you will understand why most of us here COMPLAINED of the POOR EDITING of CP:BangHead:we all know how talented NY in acting LLSR RS and CP wasted NY talent due to editing that SUCKED.....DJA GRGR and TNNKK were not perfect the flaws were acceptable but RS LLSR and CP have really stupid editing like in RS killing and violence have more air time than NY:BangHead:in LLSR Nokyong becomes the lead actress while NY are becoming extras:BangHead:and lastly CP wherein Anne have much focused on tourists attractions of Switzerland and Germany fin moments of the antagonists Sara Peter and Will:BangHead:are longer than NY who said it's NORMAL ?:fighting3: IN FACT it's ABNORMAL:fighting3:

RS LLSR and LR are NOT MARATHON WORTHY it's tiring to watch skipping boring scenes is really very TIRING I'd rather watch NY fan made MV in yt:love::icon12::naughty2:peace:angel10:

YadechTaemint

Magnet Couple
I think it’s great that we all have different opinions on this lakorn not everything is great and wonderful - unlike other lakorn threads where you will not find one comment faulting or pointing flaws about the lakorn even if ratings shown there are no interest. Then you have the obviously very bad lakorn that’s dead on arrival.
Girl, you've got me howling with laughter :risas3::risas3: Jesus Christ, I'm crying :risas3::risas3: