[Ch3] Neua Mek 2 (Medta Lae Mahaniyom)

AikOm^_^

Just an ordinary gal in an extraordinary world.
Awh, dang it... I've been so late in everything... It's an outrage that NM 2 had to be cancelled... :rant: Hopefully, Channel 3 will choose to air the remaining episodes soon if we, the fans, are able to persuade them... :spin: If they're worried about the "inappropriate" scene(s), they should just rewrite that scene differently then... -_- As for news of Mteam pairing up in Game Ruk Kol Sanaeha, I'm waiting anxiously and impatiently for them to confirm it for sure. :wub:

I feel so bad and angry for all the NM 2 cast. Poor Mteam! :teary:

kimsaj

sarNie Juvenile

kimsaj

sarNie Juvenile
BTW,  TV cancellation causes uproar  ----> is still trending in Yahoo.  :rockon: 

​and oh... let me correct my post above, it is not only reported in Yahoo New, NY Times, but it is actually Rockin' on like most of the News sites WORLDWIDE!!   :thumbsup:

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
Thank you for sharing Kimsaj ^^

Wow! NM2 was actually on topic since the 4th, but it's still in all nationwide minds hahahaha Thai Politicians, you guys are dead now hahahahaha It's all the way to New York, to America, ooohhhh HOTNESS Baby! hahahah

GOOD PEOPLE GET GOOD KARMA  :yes:

kimsaj

sarNie Juvenile
Ok. So, this is my 3rd post within an hour. LOL. 
Sorry I just got carried away by those LOVELY news that I've read.. I wanna share one of them to you guys. 

January 8, 2013, 10:36 am

'Concern over content' behind axing of drama

The Nation on Sunday January 6, 2013 1:00 am

Democrat spokesman attacks the government over the ban of Nua Mek drama.

NBTC panel chief says Channel 3 executives were worried some parts of soap opera may violate broadcast law
Channel 3 executives abruptly terminated the controversial soap opera "Nua Mek 2" on Friday night because of their concern its content could violate the law, a member of the broadcast regulator said yesterday.

Peerapong Manakit said he gathered from personal discussions with unnamed Channel 3 executives that the station was concerned the drama might violate Article 37 of the Radio and Television Broadcasting Business Act BE 2551 (2008). But he wasn't told which parts of the drama had such violations. 

Peerapong is chairman of the National Broadcast and Telecommunication Commission (NBTC)'s subcommittee in charge of content and programme slots.

Peerapong said the scrapping of the soap opera was an act of self-censorship by the station. He said NBTC wouldn't be able to investigate the episodes that were aired or published and said the Channel 3 committee overseeing content must have thought it through before terminating it.

Article 37 prohibits the airing of programmes with content within the frame of overthrowing the country's democracy; or affecting national security, order or people's morality; or within the frame of obscenity or seriously affecting people's minds and health.

Meanwhile, social media has seen a move to set up a Facebook page calling for the return of "Nua Mek 2", with 12,000 people posting comments calling for Channel 3 to air the final episode. As of 5pm yesterday, 154,744 people "liked" the page.

The drama series title literally means "Over the clouds" and its subtle meaning is "out of the blue".

Supinya Klangnarong, an NBTC commissioner, yesterday opined via Tweeter (@supinya) that she would table this "media freedom suppression" issue at the NBTC meeting tomorrow. She urged Thai consumers to file complaints.

Supinya said the issue would affect the people's faith in Thai dramas on free TV while the NBTC legally couldn't order a station to air or not air any drama. However, if there were such "political intervention" in the station's decision, she believed that this was an issue involving media freedom. She said Thais would have to watch dramas with catfight, rape and slapstick scenes because people would be too afraid to create other drama genres, especially political ones.

Since the NBTC, with authority to supervise Channel 3, hasn't banned any drama, this issue showed that free-TV people were actually afraid of the "invisible hand" rather than the NBTC, she tweeted. If Channel 3 was a victim of political intervention and complained to the NBTC, the agency would take up the case but if the station did not complain, the audience could complain to the NBTC via hotline 1200 instead. If it were a law violation then it would be an ethical issue, so the agency would forward it to the media ethical authority's consideration. Saying she would table this issue tomorrow, she said she wasn't sure what the NBTC resolution would be. She said her tweets yesterday were her personal opinion. She said NBTC could ask Channel 3 to explain the reason for the termination and invite those involved for talks. She promised to keep the public posted about the outcome.

If Channel 3 was concerned about its concession contract and hence vulnerable to political intervention, she suggested that the station bid for a 24-channel digital TV signal and give up the old concession. She said the advantage of being under the NBTC licence system was the station would be free from political influence.

Meanwhile, former NBTC sub-panel on Consumer Protection in Radio and Television Broadcasting Business official Chairat Saeng-arun said the producers, stations and audience should be free to view programmes and the issue involving the political drama was a violation of the people's right. He called for an investigation to reveal and punish the person behind terminating the drama.

Meanwhile, Department of Special Investigation (DSI) chief Tharit Pengdit said the DSI had no part in the decision to terminate the programme. He said the DSI hadn't yet started probing the lawyer club's complaint on December 28, 2012, over Bangkok Entertainment's 10-year concession extension. Bangkok Entertainment - a unit of BEC World - has operated Channel 3 since 1990, and its contract with MCOT expires next year.

Bangkok senator Rosana Tositrakul commented on her Facebook that she thought the drama was constructive hence the station should clearly explain to society why the serial was pulled out and why there was a rush for self-censorship.

Actor Noppol Komarachun, who played Dr Mekha in this drama, briefly commented on his Facebook page that, "…those giving comments are underlings that have no knowledge of what's really going on…"

A "Neu Mek" fan in Tak's Mae Sot district, Wanichakul Saenmee, said she didn't understand why the government had banned this drama, which had good anti-corruption content, while allowing love stories with sexual scenes to be aired.    ***(LOLed @ this)

The drama, which made its debut on December 14, originally had 12 episodes and its ninth episode was aired last Sunday. Its 10th episode, which was to have been aired on Friday night, had reportedly been edited to incorporate episodes 11 and 12, so that it was set to be the drama's last episode. The 10th episode, however, wasn't aired because Channel 3 said it had "inappropriate content" and the 8.30pm slot was given to a drama called "Raeng Prathana" (Passion). This led to criticism in social media that the ban was because of "political intervention". 

Power of words

Selected quotes from the drama series 'Nua Mek 2'

From the character 'Dr Mekha', a respectable politician and prime minister:

"People who cheat the country don't deserve any honour. I will not let anyone exploit the taxpayers' money." 

"The happiness from cutting an eight-lane road into a national park, killing wildlife and destroying the environment can only be felt by people with brains less intelligent than those of animals." 

"If you don't fully understand being human and the meanings of 'goodness', 'morality' and 'virtue', you don't play politics. That's because you will end up tarnishing the Parliament and destroying the country."

From Dr Mekha's crooked deputy:

"It's totally stupid for a person with power to fail to use his power. If it's not called 'stupid', what should I call it?"

:yes:

kimsaj

sarNie Juvenile
​oh.. here's another one. 5555  

Channel 3's decision to can 'Nua Mek 2' probed

The Nation January 8, 2013 1:00 am

The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) is looking into Channel 3's decision to pull the 'Nua Mek 2' serial abruptly off the air.
At a meeting yesterday, the NBC handed the matter to a subcommittee. It expects a report to be tabled on the controversy next week.

"Nua Mek 2" was pulled off the air last Friday, two episodes ahead of schedule, amid widespread speculation that government powerbrokers disliked the political parody.

An online survey conducted by Bansomdej Poll found that 96 per cent of 1,511 respondents did not agree with the axing of the series and 77 per cent believed the government was involved in its sudden removal.

A group of hackers, who identified themselves as "Unlimited Hack Team", broke into the Channel 3 website and posted a message asking, "Where's my Nua Mek?" yesterday evening. ****(LOLed @ this)

The message appeared for about 15 minutes.

NBC chairman Natee Sukonrat said viewers could lodge a complaint over the series' sudden removal because their rights were violated.

Late last year, the NBC launched a probe into Channel 11 for its broadcast of fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's speech as part of a boxing event in Macau.

It finally concluded that the channel did not violate any laws, but warned the service provider to exercise more caution in the future.

Meanwhile, the Department of Special Investigation is investigating alleged irregularities in MCOT's decision to extend its concession for Channel 3. The decision, according to the complainants, has cost the state Bt7 billion in lost revenue.

-----------

DANG! Looks like we'll gonna wait long for CH3's decision to air NM2's last 3 (AS IN THREE, not 2) episodes..  

@chouaher16:
here's the link : http://www.facebook.com/pages/%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%86-2-%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%84%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B2/346010965505832

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
@Mintwix

Looking at the picture you post, I noticed Mark really laid his arm pressed on Chalida's chest (boobs), and Chalida actually looks comfortable with that. Or is that just my eyes not seeing clearly hahaha

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
LOL @ the hackers. I saw finbangkok aka Medta Mahaniyom'a stunt Instructor posted the article on his IG as well. 5555

This is history in the making. One crazy as ship too. Smh. Whooo. Quite a ride. 5555

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
LMAO! Reading that, just keeps making me cracking up hahaha Dr. Meka's words probably poked those politicians' hearts because it's true and strong so they couldn't take those true quotes hahahaha  :dance1: Yup, this will be a long history hahaha

narkrakdin24^^

sarNie Adult
Lol! The hackers! Its good to know they are on our side. They wanna watch NM2. Us too. >_< And wow. Yahoo and New York times? Wow. I didn't think it would go that far. O.O

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZo9MQn8WVE

An in-depth 1-2 hours discussion. The reporter with an attorney, a famous scriptwriter/director/actor, professor, and a coordinating director from Office of The National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission that oversees Channel 3. I am still watching it but from what I gather so far from both the scriptwriter and professor, it is apparent to me that both agree there must have definitely been some interference from someone who works in the government, but even the scriptwriter (not the one for NM2), basically insinuate no one will risk their profession and bluntly state it.  Even he himself did not bluntly state anything but being in the biz he says everyone knows what's going on here but no one will straight-out say it. 

Right now, the public wants clarity on why Channel3 banned their own lakorn. The fact that Channel 3 is still silent on this issue is damaging to their own reputation and creditability. The scriptwriter/director/actor even said there must have definitely been a "call" made where Channel 3's phone rang and someone ordered it (hence the parody Rose posted. They also used raeng ngao themes in both parodies because the minister said he watched raeng ngao but not nm2 so that's one of the reason why he did not know anything about this ban lmao) because it's ludicrous for Channel 3 to do something that makes them lose the trusts of their viewers and then provide no clear explanation for their actions whatsoever. An interesting question the professor raised was: who does Channel 3 fear more? The Thai people or the government? Right now, whether people actually wants to watch NM2 or not is not so important as they want an answer for why and how this happened because this has never happened in Thai history before.

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
You know what, I think I have a really good feeling about this year, despite of NM2 cancellation without an ending, that this year, this lakorn will be getting an award of the year. Since the ratings already started off as a HIGH rating since the first episode, the ratings were kept on a high rate throughout every weeks. Also since, right now, the cancellation of NM2 keeps getting higher and higher, I have a really, really good and heartwarming feeling that this lakorn will receive a popular lakorn of the year, I would say, along with Raeng Pratana, because I watched that lakorn, every responses are really good too. I really do have this kind of good feeling. 

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
The award would be: TALK OF THE TOWN OF THE YEAR AWARD. lol Whatever it's really called. Haha. 
Hopefully the lakorn will get some kind to acknowledgment award. It'll be nice since the cast and crew lost a lot from the cancellation. 

Thanks Mintwix for the video. That sure is a long discussion. Hehe. I'm watching it even though I don't even know what they're talking about. lol 

mmgjp314

sarNie Adult
mintwix said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZo9MQn8WVE

An in-depth 1-2 hours discussion. The reporter with an attorney, a famous scriptwriter/director/actor, professor, and a coordinating director from some networking institution that oversees Channel 3. I am still watching it but from what I gather so far from both the scriptwriter and professor, it is apparent to me that both agree there must have definitely been some interference from someone who works in the government, but even the scriptwriter (not the one for NM2), basically insinuate no one will risk their profession and bluntly state it.  Even he himself did not bluntly state anything but being in the biz he says everyone knows what's going on here but no one will straight-out say it. 

Right now, the public wants clarity on why Channel3 banned their own lakorn. The fact that Channel 3 is still silent on this issue is damaging to their own reputation and creditability. The scriptwriter/director/actor even said there must have definitely been a "call" made where Channel 3's phone rang and someone ordered it (hence the parody Rose posted. They also used raeng ngao themes in both parodies because the minister said he watched raeng ngao but not nm2 so that's one of the reason why he did not know anything about this ban lmao) because it's ludicrous for Channel 3 to do something that makes them lose the trusts of their viewers and then provide no clear explanation for their actions whatsoever. An interesting question the professor raised was: who does Channel 3 fear more? The Thai people or the government? Right now, whether people actually wants to watch NM2 or not is not so important as they want an answer for why and how this happened because this has never happened in Thai history before.

Thanks for sharing this lol Yes, this is a very interesting and really insightful. Listening to what they're saying, especially the second person. He seems to know who might be the one that cancelled this lakorn and banned, but he can't give it out, so that means the person who banned this, must be someone powerful and in control of channel 3. From what he's saying, it really makes me have a feeling or a sense of channel 3 being pressured by that person, to ban this lakorn. Also from what he's saying is like some scenes, some parts, are related to that person, which the characters that plays evil in the lakorn are like the real evil in real life. They really can't give out the whole fact about everything, but listening to each ones of them talking, they seems to know who is behind this issue. So this means, there really must be someone very powerful (the real evil person) controlled and pressed channel 3 to do this. I have a fishy sense now, and especially the script writer put both of his fingers up to the air, really makes me have a fishy feeling. Also it is true like what they're saying, ever since this happened, why won't the channel come out and face the truth about what happened, why are they hiding, they are right that something like this happens and they won't come out to speak up, it just keeps on making everyone feeling suspicious about the incidence. I also gave a thumb up to the person that said, "who would you be more afraid of, between politics or the citizens?" 

kimsaj

sarNie Juvenile
update:

TV cancellation causes uproar  ----> is still trending in Yahoo. From no. 7---- Now it's in no. 5!!  :rockon:

kimsaj

sarNie Juvenile
Can someone Translate this please.. I can only understand that This is a recent news in NM2:

อัพเดทข่าวล่าสุดของเหนือเมฆ2 นะคะ
ล่าสุดช่องออกมายืนยันว่าละครมีเนื้อหาเกี่ยวกับการเมืองที่รุนแรงเกินไปค่ะ (เหมือนเดิม) และยังยืนยันว่าจะยังไม่มีการอัพลงยูทูปหรือทำเป็นแผ่นออกมาค่ะ (แต่ทั้งนี้สมาคมพิทักษ์ รธน. ก็ได้ยื่นเอกสารให้ กสท. เรียบร้อยแล้วค่ะ)