[Ch3] Padiwarada (Good Feeling)

JennieN

sarNie Adult
aiyaja said:
This is one of those lakorns where the ratings are irrelevant to how awesome this drama really is.

I've been tuning in religiously, but I've just been too busy to join the thread in all of the discussions.

1. I love the cast. Oh, how I missed Jiranee! I love, love, and love Jiranee's chemistry. Acting wise, I can't imagine anyone else portraying Rin as solid as Bella. Bella just keeps winning me over with her acting craft. She's become quite a versatile actress that I just genuinely enjoy watching. Although, I personally think that almost anyone can portray Saran, who happens to be your common Thai pra'ake, who can't protect nang'ake from nang'rai's wrath, James is doing a really good job and again, it's probably because of Bella. B) Only Bella can extract emotions from Jame's big but empty eyes. I love P'Mam as Saran's mother. She has this lovable aura about her that definitely adds to the overall storyline and relationships. Gosh, even the mountain thieves are well casted. Haha. Everyone fits their roles perfectly.

2. The filming directing and editing are excellent. I love that they have scenes of Saran and Rin always showing us how they feel, what they feel, where they're at with their hearts, how they're falling in love with one another, what they're thinking, their internal struggles, their emotions. Goshhhhh, this drama is so freaking thorough, it makes me happy like an idiot just typing up my praises about them. :lol:  Did anyone else cry during the scene of when Rin was reading the paper cranes and Saran was just laying in the water lifelessly and then BAM, he arises and executes the bad guy? Wow! I loved that scene, the music, the built up, the surprise. I was actually crying with Rin because the way of how they did it was really really sad. :ph34r: Everything fell into place perfectly.

3. The script. Man, Rin's calm WTFs at Duang are sooooo epic. Rin already knows that Duang is a bad and selfish person, but Duang keeps taking it as a challenge towards Rin in a how low can you go game. Hahah. :lol: Rin is just appalled at how evil some people can be. She's never seen one this up close and personal in her poor life.

4. The storyline. Okay, there are some holes in the storyline like why do people continue to allow Duang to use the wife card when hello? She not only slept with her current husband but she ceremonially married him, also? So why in the world would Saran, Khun Ying, Rin, or anyone else allow Duang to tie their necks with that wife card when that no longer holds weight nor true at the moment? Seriously, that's why I balance out my drama world with Thai, Korean, and Chinese dramas because I can't take stupid or confused or flaky leads like Saran. Yes, I understand that Duang has been his everything ever since they were little but really? I'm surprised Saran has been blind this entire time and didn't see Duang for who she really has been. It comes to show, perhaps Saran is a bit dumb or he doesn't love Duang, it was all a glai cheet relationship.

I'm a bit disappointed in Saran. Perhaps I just have high expectations, but honestly, if the person I used to love sooo much, even more than myself, ever pulled the cards, rotten attitude, and ugly heart like Duang has done to Saran and Rin in the name of love, I would bitch slap that punk out of my life, not because I'm falling in love with a Rin, but because I would be so disgusted with him that I would never want to see him again. So I don't understand why Saran is still so ishy washy towards Duang. Oh yeah, Saran is a guy. Men don't like good women. Hahah.

5. Filmography. James is soooooo handsome in here, from every angle. Haha. I keep saying WOW every minute because he's looking his best in here.

Anyway, that's my rant. :dance1:
you know James only looks good when he is with Bella.  I remember reading one of the post here and I don't know remember who but they said that James only have his eyes shines when he's with Bella and he's happy around her for some reason and all of that is truth.  James likes Bella..hahhaa

sarNie Adult
I haven't seen the Duang x Saran scene in episode 6 yet because I'm waiting for subs, so this is all conjecture, but I was thinking maybe the reason why Saran didn't outright reject Duang was that he didn't want her to lose face, not just because he instinctively "cares" for her, but because 1) if things don't go her way, she throws a tantrum and all hell will break loose (as was explained in that shrimp scene) 2) he's afraid Rin would be put in a bad light if he drags her out and shows her to the people when in his (dumb) mind Rin is safely tucked away and what she doesn't know wouldn't hurt her. Heck. Imagine what Duang would do to Rin if she were brought out. Duang would probably make Rin look like the man stealing bitch which DUANG actually is. 3) HE didn't want to lose face. Duang is calling the chastity card and if he rejects her and says he has a wife then he'll look like a total cassanova. It's like he took away her innocence or something. In the end, even if Duang seduced him, he's the man and the woman always has more to lose insofar as society is concerned. If he calls her out, she's gonna be a damsel in distress in front of all the people and it would be too damn awkward to wiggle away from that.

JennieN

sarNie Adult
I hope Saran will be stronger in the upcoming episodes because I cannot stand this wishy washy kinda attitude from him. He needs to let Duang go and tell her off not to bother him and his wife anymore.  I hope to see him do that

cool :)

sarNie Adult
Finally had the chance to watch ep 6 and oh my gosh the preview for ep 7 is just so ASDFGHJKL. ITS AMAZING. I squealed so hard and swear I replayed it more than 5 times. I just didn't have enough of the preview, nope. Haha. So now I cannot wait for ep 7. I need the goodies in retribution to all Duang's BULLSHIT. :loool: seriously though, can someone just tame this girl?!? Talking about taming, I hate it how Saran always softens when Duang talks to him. She'll say stuff like "What you and Braranee have isn't love." Then sad background music comes on and Saran's all doggy sad face. EXCUSE YOU, WHY ARE YOU LISTENING TO HER? LOL. But yaaa. Hahaha dang, sorry for the randomized thoughts? I kinda just went everywhere :ghehe: :loool: hashtag Jiranee fever ahaha.

D~D

sarNie Adult
Hi aiyaja, :D
I finally cough up to everyone comment and I've just found out that you were in the thread all along. And just discover that you are one of the "Beloved Loyal Wife team @ viki. Thanks for the sub. :flowers:

aiyaja said:
Good Feeling usually does really good with their storylines and scripts. I loved Khun Chai Pawornruj, too.

I'm so happy that I'm finally going to catch up on my episodes.

Awe, Khun Chai Pawornruj. :spin:
Is this why this lakorn is so good, all because of "Good Feeling."  When I did watch this lakorn, it  somehow did reminded me of Khun Chai Pawornruj and now I know why.

aiyaja said:
This is one of those lakorns where the ratings are irrelevant to how awesome this drama really is.

I've been tuning in religiously, but I've just been too busy to join the thread in all of the discussions.

1. I love the cast. Oh, how I missed Jiranee! I love, love, and love Jiranee's chemistry. Acting wise, I can't imagine anyone else portraying Rin as solid as Bella. Bella just keeps winning me over with her acting craft. She's become quite a versatile actress that I just genuinely enjoy watching. Although, I personally think that almost anyone can portray Saran, who happens to be your common Thai pra'ake, who can't protect nang'ake from nang'rai's wrath, James is doing a really good job and again, it's probably because of Bella. B) Only Bella can extract emotions from Jame's big but empty eyes. I love P'Mam as Saran's mother. She has this lovable aura about her that definitely adds to the overall storyline and relationships. Gosh, even the mountain thieves are well casted. Haha. Everyone fits their roles perfectly.

2. The filming directing and editing are excellent. I love that they have scenes of Saran and Rin always showing us how they feel, what they feel, where they're at with their hearts, how they're falling in love with one another, what they're thinking, their internal struggles, their emotions. Goshhhhh, this drama is so freaking thorough, it makes me happy like an idiot just typing up my praises about them. :lol:  Did anyone else cry during the scene of when Rin was reading the paper cranes and Saran was just laying in the water lifelessly and then BAM, he arises and executes the bad guy? Wow! I loved that scene, the music, the built up, the surprise. I was actually crying with Rin because the way of how they did it was really really sad. :ph34r: Everything fell into place perfectly.

3. The script. Man, Rin's calm WTFs at Duang are sooooo epic. Rin already knows that Duang is a bad and selfish person, but Duang keeps taking it as a challenge towards Rin in a how low can you go game. Hahah. :lol: Rin is just appalled at how evil some people can be. She's never seen one this up close and personal in her poor life.

4. The storyline. Okay, there are some holes in the storyline like why do people continue to allow Duang to use the wife card when hello? She not only slept with her current husband but she ceremonially married him, also? So why in the world would Saran, Khun Ying, Rin, or anyone else allow Duang to tie their necks with that wife card when that no longer holds weight nor true at the moment? Seriously, that's why I balance out my drama world with Thai, Korean, and Chinese dramas because I can't take stupid or confused or flaky leads like Saran. Yes, I understand that Duang has been his everything ever since they were little but really? I'm surprised Saran has been blind this entire time and didn't see Duang for who she really has been. It comes to show, perhaps Saran is a bit dumb or he doesn't love Duang, it was all a glai cheet relationship.

I'm a bit disappointed in Saran. Perhaps I just have high expectations, but honestly, if the person I used to love sooo much, even more than myself, ever pulled the cards, rotten attitude, and ugly heart like Duang has done to Saran and Rin in the name of love, I would bitch slap that punk out of my life, not because I'm falling in love with a Rin, but because I would be so disgusted with him that I would never want to see him again. So I don't understand why Saran is still so ishy washy towards Duang. Oh yeah, Saran is a guy. Men don't like good women. Hahah.

5. Filmography. James is soooooo handsome in here, from every angle. Haha. I keep saying WOW every minute because he's looking his best in here.

Anyway, that's my rant. :dance1:

I do agree, rating is so weird when a lakorn is this good.

As for the crying scene with the paper cranes that you ask, sadly, I have to clue to what is written or being said but somehow watching it raw- that scene really touch me and I did cry.  :weep:

sarNie Adult
Tomorrow, the Padiwarada cast will be in the Today Show. And then yesterday night, James Ji and Bella were in the Ch3 Concert. They are so damn adorable together. It's not sane. 

Photo Cr: on Pic

\

photo cr: ching_jiranee

the way they look at each other:  :cloud9:  :ghehe:

photo cr: ployyyy

sarNie Adult
montha91 said:
When episode 7 is out, I'm totally going to replay the kissing scene.

For those of you who kept on replaying the preview for the next episode: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrLEwdChU8

and also the BTS clip of that kissing scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZj4cmDO3us

I'm looking for that other BTS where Bella was asked how the scene was and she said it was "wet" (to the utter embarrassment of James Ji. hahahahahahahahahahahaa!)

JennieN

sarNie Adult
I can't wait for next Wednesday as well. It will be a good episode.  I like feisty Rin….hahahaha

Also, I love how they look at the Channel 3 Concert, is so adorable.  they have matching outfits on which is cute but yeah, they are so cute.  They are one of the couple that don't provide a lot of fan service meaning being all lovely lovely for us because I know Bella doesn't do public display of affection so when I see how cute they look at each other.  Its make me very happy..

sarNie Adult
I just watched episode 4 with subs and I have to say I really admire the scriptwriter. There are so many contrasts between and among the characters, and in episode 4 it's very clear with Rin and Saran that they are foils for each other. Rin is afraid of being in love for the first time as can be seen by the way she hesitates with her feelings for Saran. She's thinking that what her feelings are most probably not "love" as they've only been together for a month and the only love she knows is filial love. (This was shown in the way she cried in the beginning of the episode when she was actually jealous. And the way she compares herself with Duang, the "first love" - she was so focused on the whole sunflower thing, and the fact that Saran was so attached to his "first love".) By the end of episode 4, it seems like she already has an unrequited love thing going on in her head as she feels she can never take the place of Duang and she hasn't even reached the status of loving Saran and vice versa. She has a vague idea of "love" and she's having a hard time acknowledging that she can actually love (or she already does, even just a little) Saran. She's frustrated that Saran is focused on Duang and sees only Duang when really, Saran is starting to be obsessed with her. (Damn girl, he gave her shrimps just one time, he gave you his whole salary - and he's gonna give it to you every payday from now on! Come on!) It's almost like she's afraid of falling in love at all as she wouldn't dare do so - she's an orphan and a "servant" at that. 

Saran on the other hand is afraid of loving again. It goes back to that whole vow of not being a sunflower anymore, but at the same time softening up to Duang. Then we see how obsessed he was with Duang and making her happy, when really it wasn't love as what he had for Duang was force of habit (like how he was saying he liked washing dishes after he did it everyday with the monks or how he ate eggs everyday, and that's it.) The problem with Saran is he *thinks* he was in love with Duang as he had been in the same state for more than a decade, he doesn't know anything else. Now I understand why he's so weak against her, it's because to realize that he doesn't love her would mean he just wasted 10 years of his life pining over her and acting like her slave. Saran has pride (he made reference to it several times, like how he was saying he didn't want to be seen as "pathetic" for having his wife leave him. or that whole deal with his dad dying and their friends leaving them, etc.) and he won't easily acknowledge he was stupid all along. He'll continue being stupid just to convince himself he hasn't been stupid all this time with Duang. He looks at his love for her as his pride - like he gave her everything, stayed devoted to her and never got "bored" - as Chalad implied in episode 1 ("don't you get bored with her?" - i think Chalad asked him that). And you know how Saran was obsessed with the whole concept of staying with someone despite difficulties, because of what happened to his dad. So to acknowledge that he didn't love Duang would just make him realize how much of his life he wasted so he's staying blind to it and stubbornly holding on.

So the biggest irony of it all is both Saran and Rin are actually falling in love for the first time, with each other. Both of them have semi-accurate thoughts of love in their minds (Rin thinks love is what Saran felt for Duang, which she can never achieve, while Saran also thinks he was in love with Duang, when really he was not. It doesn't help also that Rin's adoptive mom tells her that whole speech about couples not really being in-love in the beginning. So Rin's now all hesitant with regard to love). But when Saran starts to think of Rin as his "habit" (i.e. she's suddenly everywhere, sees her everywhere, and he wants to eat pepper sauce/chili paste every day!  :lol: and basically all that lyrics to his song!) and Rin realizes that Saran is focused only on her and sees her for who she is (i.e. she belongs to someone for the first time, that Saran is looking at her/not taking his eyes off her and she's no jasmine that people take forgranted anymore, but instead the sun of the sunflower, she's never alone. and thus she becomes the shadow of his heart - all that lyrics of Beau's song!) then BOOM. they are in love. Wow. that is so profound. Damn, this is how lakorns should be made. The story, the characters are so solid. it's so logical and simple, it just really hits you. 

cool :)

sarNie Adult
That bts clip got me all grabbing my pillows hahaha. The wait is killinggg me! :cry: I'm gonna replay it sooo many times oh my gosh haha. Also, the scene where James was about to kiss her but she got scissors, I'm probably going to replay it too. I might be replaying the whole damn episode over and over LOL.

JennieN

sarNie Adult
we still have 4 more days to goooooooooooo…..so far far away dear Wednesday!

040156 - your posts are so well written - is so nice to read them and think about what's happening in the lakorn again.  Please continue to make posts like that  :dance1:

montha91

Can’t get out of Tian and Muey’s world
Love it when the servants said "Bai ha Mia" Haha

sarNie Adult
Thank you JennieN. All this time I've been feeling guilty because I've been ranting and having these really long posts, but I'm sorry, I just had to let it all out but none of my real life friends would be able to relate since none of them watch lakorns!  :cry1: I forced them to watch a lakorn before but they all fell asleep. Maybe I can try again with Padiwarada!

I actually had this long tirade typed up already but I accidentally pressed the back button. I think it's the universe telling me to talk less. Anyway, I wanted to say that I forgot to mention another similarity between Saran and Rin that was well played by the scriptwriters - it's about being a "Servant" and having an inferior situation in society and in love. See both Saran and Rin are in an inferior situation in their grand ideas of love.

Rin was a "servant" of her adoptive parents so everything she did was out of her debt of gratitude. Yet she never thought of herself as an equal with them so she knows she can never achieve the same level of love from them because she is not family, no matter what they say, In her mind, she would always be an abandoned pitiful orphan who was graciously upgraded somewhat from a servant to a daughter but still not in the same level as Buranee and Bralalee (I hope they make Saran realize this when he visits the family in episode 7). But it's so strange because Rin treats Mai Sai and the gang as equals, as seen by the way she acts with them and how she even gave Mai Sai a wai. She can easily bridge that gap in Saran's house. (Perhaps it could also be that she's a "Khun Nai" for the first time and she is put in a superior situation for the first time). She knows that they are family. 

Saran on the other hand was a frickin SLAVE of Duang. He did everything for her and thought he was doing it out of love (or he was actually earning Duang's love) It's strange, given Saran's stubbornness with him having an inferior situation in life because of what happened to his father (that's why he's making a big deal out of Arun) yet he doesn't realize Duang never treated him as an equal. It was not explained yet in the story why Saran was so obsessed with Duang, but my guess is, apart from what I earlier said that he was doing it out of habit, is that Duang is the only remnant of his old life. She was the only thing he had when everything was taken away when his life changed. It's sad though that he doesn't realize that Duang wasn't keeping him around because she loved him but because he was her slave. So I suppose it was a matter of Saran's pride also why he stayed with Duang all along. I mean, for a guy who lost everything, he still gets to keep that "gem" from his old life (i.e. he said he was going to get the prettiest girl in town, not the woman he loved most) so he needed Duang to affirm himself so he will fight for her at the cost of his life, and do everything to make up for whatever he did not have (or lost when his dad died) - riches, honor, fame, which Duang was obsessed with all along.  He doesn't realize the losing battle until the end when she rejects him and he says he gave up his life but in the end he's not worthy - he is inferior after all. But despite his selfishness (and stupidity  :facepalm: ), Saran knows service in the proper context. Remember, he can give up his life for two things, one is Duang, and the other is for his work. He is a public servant. He is like that Garuda in his example that he is willing to give up his life for a noble purpose - for the good of the people - Rin hears this and suddenly she has googly eyes on Saran  :lol: . 

So in the end we have two characters who had both been in the losing stick of what they thought was love. They were both giving and giving without receiving something equal in return - so i think this is where the Spoon and fork vs. Pen and Paper analogy of Mae Kaew comes in, as explained by jeanie1 here. the spoon and fork are unequal as one scoops while the other pushes without getting anything in return. The pen and paper both lose something - the pen loses its ink, the paper loses its fiber as it gets written on - and yet when they do they start to create something beautiful - the pen and paper both have nothing to lose but actually something to gain by giving to one another. I hope they show it in the next episodes, Saran and Rin would love each other for the first time as equals. Saran's main meat with Rin initially was that she was a "servant" but he realizes, as Mae Kaew put it, all the things that Rin did was out of love so Saran actually starts to yearn for that love. On the other hand Saran is taught by Khun Chot to treat Rin as a flower, as is his duty as a husband. So he would actually protect and serve Rin, not as a slave(just like how he was with Duang) but to cherish her even though she is just a Jasmine that just grows without care. She is still a flower who is fragile and who he needs to care for. It's so beautiful how their analogies are played out in the story.  :cry: It's so moving. 

-edit - i saw how frickin long my post was that despite saying I felt guilty I still did it anyway. I'm really very sorry for talking too much. :facepalm:

JennieN

sarNie Adult
040156 - love our post, please continue posting.  I like long details thoughtful views from the audience because it helps me to widen up about the characters and how they are.  I think you have a very well explained insight of characters comparison.  I like to read it. 

Now, if only we can see how Saran explain to Rin that she is his paper..hahahha

montha91

Can’t get out of Tian and Muey’s world
They should have at least hugged when he got back from fighting those mountain people. either way they were both cute in that scene.

sarNie Adult
Awww! I hope someone could tell us what they were talking about! Especially the part about bella's appendicitis! I'm so curious. Please forgive my shameless asking for translations! Thank you!

sarNie Adult
Oh sorry for the double post. James didn't sing live. I'm guessing it was because they taped in the morning and James can't sing in the morning. I'm sorry,hahaha the last time he sang live in the morning it was a disaster. Though in the other morning show guesting with Bella and Mint N. he was okay. Not exemplary but simply "okay". It's funny before he said Noey was like a "mom" in their tonight show interview with Bella for Puttipat. Now in Padiwarada they confirm he calls bella his mom. Hahahaha. Way to kill the "gine" James ji! Hahaha