[Ch3] Qi Pao (Broadcast Thai)

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
O-M-G. I finally finished the lakorn!
The last episode was intense! I cried so much! Seriously. I didn't really care of Ming Tian and Pink anymore haha, I was all for Ming San and Wei... :cry:
I'm still hurt thinking about it.

Here's my little review, I hope ya'll don't mind:

Every production crew should be applauded for their efforts put forth in making a lakorn to the best of their ability, but it's also important to be critical on them so that, should their lakorn be a failure, they know where to improve. Although this lakorns is Anne's comeback, I must say I was quite disappointed, not in Anne of course, but in the production crew. This lakorn could've been so much better and could've taken a better direction (like I've mentioned before).
Majority of the characters were inconsistent; one moment they're like this the other moment they're something else, even if the reason is for their insanity, it just didn't feel right. The story line also wasn't consistent; too much jumping around and it just felt very choppy, no fluidity (if you know what I mean). The dialogues were too straightforward; I felt like the actors were reading off the script instead of acting it out, Anne included. The flashbacks were dreadful; I couldn't stand them anymore after episode 3/4. The acting was on average...mediocre; only Mam, Anne, and Oh stood out. the romance between Pink and Ming Tian developed so unnaturally and awkwardly that I really hated seeing the two characters together, which is a rare thing for me to do. Finally, I felt like they added many unnecessary things to make the lakorn longer.
Perhaps thats how the novel goes, I don't know, but I do know that this lakorn adaptation wasn't the greatest.

If it wasn't for Anne, I don't think I would've continued watching this lakorn.
To be honest, the only thing I enjoyed about this lakorn was the opening theme song "Qi Pao."
I love Anne, but this wasn't a super great comeback. I'm looking forward to next year for sure though!
I hope YLC doesn't disappoint...
Am I complaining too much? I think I'd better stop. :dance1:

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Sobbed my butt off. I finally found time to finish Qi Pao. Soooo sad. Omgggg I was so angry at Khun Nai Yai and Khun Yeuy when they made May Lee the ghost bride. Criedddd mao huhuhuhu I cried even more when Khun Yeuy finally switched the caskets around ! Im so happy Ah Wei and Khun Ming San are finally together again :) And I cried the most when May Lee came for the last time to say good bye to Ming Tian. He finally got closure for his heart, May Lee can finally be a free spirit ! Huhuhuhu Qi Pao was soo sad ! But ill agree the ending was done too simple !
Huhuhuhuhu

Qi Pao = 5 stars ! Huhuhuhu still crying lol
Overall I enjoyed QP <3
One of the best lakorns from Smart !

I'm still so sad though. At the end, May Lee ended up with no one. I'm pissed off lol

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
OMG! And do you guys know who Oh (Ah Wei) reminds me of??? Oh reminds me of the late Leslie Cheung. They kind of look a like...*sigh* I miss Leslie...sorry that was off topic.

Sweet_09

❤All that you are is all that I'll ever need❤
This is such a good lakorn! I love Ann and i got to say wat a bad mother is Mam character!! Excited to see Ann in her other lakorn with Tik LOL...bye bye Qi Pao for now

Asy

sarNie Immature
Finally finished lol. I must admit this lakorn disappoints me in so much things. Heh. If this wasn't for P'Oh... :censor: Anne's wasn't great either. It wasn't her acting that out, it was all her characters lmao. I didn't believe that Ming Tian was truly in love w/ her b/c herself, not b/c she was identical to May Lee. Poor May Lee. Argh too much to complain, I better stop now. This lakorn wasn't great, but it was good, at least worth watching enough for me. :tearybye:

Since I'm not so much Smart's fan, see you guys next year in YLC thread. But I don't think I'll make it lmao.

phatboy

sarNie Juvenile
Asy said:
Finally finished lol. I must admit this lakorn disappoints me in so much things. Heh. If this wasn't for P'Oh... :censor: Anne's wasn't great either. It wasn't her acting that out, it was all her characters lmao. I didn't believe that Ming Tian was truly in love w/ her b/c herself, not b/c she was identical to May Lee. Poor May Lee. Argh too much to complain, I better stop now. This lakorn wasn't great, but it was good, at least worth watching enough for me. :tearybye:

Since I'm not so much Smart's fan, see you guys next year in YLC thread. But I don't think I'll make it lmao.

Why won't you make it? Haha. We'll be looking forward to seeing you spam there!!

phatboy

sarNie Juvenile
For anyone who's interested in the ratings QP managed to pull:

Ep # (Date)– Average rating (Bangkok rating, Provinces rating)
Ep 01 (01/11/2555)– 7.1 (11.9,6.2)
EP 02 (07/11/2555)– 7.5 (12.2,6.7)
Ep 03 (08/11/2555)– 8.6 (12.8,7.9)
Ep 04 (14/11/2555)– 7.8 (12.2,7.1)
Ep 05 (15/11/2555)– 7.7 (12.0,6.9)
Ep 06 (21/11/2555)– 7.7 (11.9,6.9)
Ep 07 (22/11/2555)– 7.8 (12.3,7.1)
Ep 08 (28/11/2555)– 6.1 (9.9,5.4)
Ep 09 (29/11/2555)– 7.3 (10.9,6.7)
Ep 10 (05/12/2555)– 7.3 (11.8,6.5
Ep 11 (06/12/2555)– 8.9 (13.2,8.1)
Ep 12 (12/12/2555)– 8.6 (14.1,7.6)
Ep 13 (13/12/2555)– 12.8 (16.5,12.1) {{{ Finale }}}

Thanks to Lyn's Lakorn Blog.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I felt like I was running into walls with this lakorn, something happens, oh wait there's something stopping you from getting to it. BUT I still enjoyed it for the most part. It was a wee bit boring at times and Pink gets a little on your nerves sometimes but she's not that bad, if she isn't getting into people's business, who else is? Mart looks really good in this lakorn, his good looks here are a little distracting and I missed some stuff. He looks younger in this lakorn, so does Anne. Broadcast is really good with concluding their lakorns, it has you on the edge of your seat in curiosity. I would have never guessed it was
Ming Tian's Mom
that did it. The craziest thing though is the funeral wedding, WTF is that even possible, I'm too scared to look it up but yeah that is some weird ass thing. I can almost imagine Ming Sa going nuts considering how much he resents May Lee. It broke my heart when Oh died, why do you always die in your lakorns? He needs to do comedy again, I love him in his over the top roles. I can't believe Oat is in another gay role, this is like his 3rd time. Overall I thought this lakorn was well done, the ends were tied in smoothly. Sadly this isn't a romantic lakorn, it's more of a cold case thing more than anything but eh, the ending was a real sweet one if I do say so myself.

Oh yeah, the OST is so beautiful. It's so catchy I find myself singing to it. I love the part where he sing "tur khun nan pben kon nai fun kong jai"

Tigrafr

sarNie Hatchling
I just finished Qi Pao and i loved it ! I think it's Will be One of my Favorite between the story Who was really interesting the cast (i like Ann and Mart, i loved them in Likit) but here i like them more.
The Qi Pao are just so beautiful .
And the OST too.