[Ch3] Wai Saeb Saraek Kard (Master One)

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
I'm a new fan of Alex/Lek...and let me just say, he is oh so handsome. Maybe it's just me, but he's like a mix of Ken/Nadech all in one. He's love hahahaha hopefully we'll see subbed work for this lakorn.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Totally skimmed this and so sad that Lek was casted in here. Yes, it's a society lakorn but it didn't have to be this boring. Lol

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Really? I find I actually like it. I admit I was disappointed that it's a society lakorn and was going to give it a skip but had decided to tune in and found myself enjoying it. I like that both Ja and Alek seem to know what they're talking about and come off as professionals. It doesn't feel like they're just spouting their lines. It also helps that they come off sincere in their desire to help troubled children instead of the usual lip service you usually find in these type of lakorns. It's not thrilling or exciting, but it keeps me tuning in. I also really like the OST.

erinhang

sarNie Adult
lenlin said:
Really? I find I actually like it. I admit I was disappointed that it's a society lakorn and was going to give it a skip but had decided to tune in and found myself enjoying it. I like that both Ja and Alek seem to know what they're talking about and come off as professionals. It doesn't feel like they're just spouting their lines. It also helps that they come off sincere in their desire to help troubled children instead of the usual lip service you usually find in these type of lakorns. It's not thrilling or exciting, but it keeps me tuning in. I also really like the OST.
Same, I also thought that I wouldn't like this lakorn, but it drew me in right  away! Plus this lakorn focuses on the kids and it also develops a love story between Ja and Alek. And the OST is definitely very catchy and good too!

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Yeah, I felt so bad for the kids in the last episode after Alek fired Ja. They were all waiting in her office. She finally made progress with them and this happens. I hope her not being there won't have an adverse effect on the kids.

By the way, thank you, Step, for all the photos and videos.

erinhang

sarNie Adult
lenlin said:
Yeah, I felt so bad for the kids in the last episode after Alek fired Ja. They were all waiting in her office. She finally made progress with them and this happens. I hope her not being there won't have an adverse effect on the kids.
I felt so bad for them too. They were patiently waiting too. May was the one I sympathize with the most. She was really starting to open up to Ja. 

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
I fell in love with this lakorn! I saw clips from Ch 3 channel and just started watching it two days ago. Though some people may think it is boring, but to me, I enjoy it a lot. It tells a story of these kid who need attention from their parents and how every family has their own problems, how they deal with it and what they did to fix the problem. I loved all the stories involved with the kids and with Alek and Ja. Also love how Ja is not just helping out the kids, but she is also helping out Alek. The ost are so catchy and i find myself singing it all the time now. I have cried almost every episode as i watched this. LOL. :)

erinhang

sarNie Adult
Did anyone see ep 15? Such a cliff hanger
I'm hoping it's just Wai's dream, but I don't think it is. It doesn't make sense as to why she is going to jump off the building.

meenia

sarNie Adult
I too, was going to skip this lakorn. Usually when it deals with trouble kids, there really isn't any romance involved. But i loved how Alex and Ja had their romance in this lakorn. It was too cute. Everytime, Alex comes on screen i can't stop smiling. My cheeks hurt. He's just so handsome. Ja is very pretty, i don't hate her short hair but i don't love it either. I have a love hate relationship with her hair. LOL, but that really doesn't stop me from liking her. Overall, i love the kids and their parents. Everyone had their issue, but it was nice how they all come to understand what's important.

Makes me think back about my school days. I think i had it pretty good. Life was fun, just hanging with friends and hating homework. LOL. Also, no cell phone and ipad at the time. We still hang out at the mall and the library. I think i miss that most. Now, too many kids into cell phones and ipad. No social life. I always used to yell at my friends, that if you have a lot to say, then stop texting me and just call me. Miss the time when we all just go over to a friend's house and have a movie night. Now everyone has a family of their owns and no time to hang out.

Being kids, is what i miss the most.

Do you think there will be a second season? I hope so. I wasn't expecting that ending.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I'm wondering about that second season, too. Like Erin, I don't expect there to be a second season, but man, why did they end the lakorn like that? Did she fail her classes or something?

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the lakorn. I thought everyone did a really good job, especially all the parents. They don't usually get to show off their acting chops, so for once they had a chance to show another side of their skills. Surprisingly, I also really liked Alek and Ja together. It was so funny in that scene after they dropped off his friend and Alek had just found out that she was a lesbian and that she liked Sai/Ja, he turned to Ja and suddenly asked, "Why short hair?" (Like having short hair means she's a lesbian, too, or something.) And she was like, "What?" And he was like, "Why do you have short hair? Don't you ever think of growing it out?" And then Sai gives her usual, sensible answer, "Well it's easier to manage. Plus, it's safer. Studies show that men are less likely to rape a woman with short hair than long hair." Which is important when she walks everywhere. And then, of course, he starts asking her about her boyfriends, and she's like, "I've never really had a boyfriend. I went to an all-girl high school, and then in college, 90% of her department was female, so she mostly had female friends," which, for some reason, proved to Alek that Sai was a lesbian, too. Men! But some competition never hurt anyone, even if he was waaaaaay off. I think my favorite scene in the whole lakorn was when all the fathers (minus Wai's dad) showed up in Sai's office at the same time, asking her for help. I also liked the scenes where each family comes together to learn to understand each other and get a long. Such touching moments. And of course, I loved all the Alek and Ja scenes. If it weren't for that final scene in the lakorn, I would have rated this lakorn a lot higher.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Okay. Cutest confession scene I have seen in a looong time! And it only took 14 episodes for it to happen! And the reason it was such a dang cute confession scene was because Alek and Ja played their characters very well, to the point I couldn't really be mad that they waited this long.
It was so funny how Gorn assumed that when Sai said she "cleared things with Ji," that meant the two ladies were dating and he even wished for them to love each other a lot hahaha. Gorn's reaction was so gosh darn cute when Sai finally said she doesn't like Ji and she's not attracted to women. He had to confirm, and even stuttered. And then he walked away with the lame excuse that he had to go do some work but he was so full of relief! The boy seriously looked dizzy with happiness, and he did what I prayed he would do: fast walked straight back to Sai and hugged her real tight and they even had the cute tiptoe shot with her reaching to hug him back and he said he likes her and asked if she felt the same and she said yes and they hugged again and gosh grown ups can be so stinking cute when they're in love.
As muchas I adore Gorn and Sai, and wish they had more gukgik/cutesy couple scenes, I am not too disappointed because they had so much screen time together and their chemistry as colleagues, as friends, and as potential lovers was satisfying. It helped that even though Gorn is a reserved proper type of person his eyes are real easy to read, he was totally into Sai. But I also appreciate their relationship being founded on trust and friendship. He was always inviting himself over to visit her and her parents, always ready to take action with her, they worked past their ups and downs.
I'm so glad there are still these types of lakorn around where I don't have to endure ridiculous screaming from obsessive n'rai. That's not entertainment, that's me tolerating a recycled character in order to see the leads share some fun scenes.

This lakorn has so much character development. Unfortunately we don't get much of that in others, since lakorn continue to use basic traditional plot lines.
I was also pleased to see that bringing Sai in as a counselor meant addressing real life issues, like suicide, neglect and rape. lakorn tend to romanticize rape, Therefore it was great to see Sai helping Tangmay's mom find counseling to deal with that trauma and rebuild the life she wanted with her daughter.
I love that the lakorn gave as much responsibility to the parents as to the teachers. It speaks to the idea of "it takes a village to raise a child," because unless you grow up in complete isolation, you're going to be influenced by so many overlapping people, systems, and ideas.

this lakorn doesn't focus solely on one romantic relationship, but is still completely a love story. There are many forms of love and many ways people deal with love or deal with lack of love. The kid actors were all amazing. Each ones pain manifested for me to relate to. Each one slowly recovered from that pain and grew with love. It's so much more sappy than the usual story and I love it! Tangmay was one of my favorites.
I want to comment on all the episodes, all of Sai's counseling practices, but my hand hurts lol. I fangirl over the way she and Gorn made a lovely support team for the students, and won over the vice principal who initially didn't want her to work there, and then of course all the parents coming together despite their differences to help their kids. The lakorn shows so much hope for children who suffer in similar ways and can't be successful. But like Tangmay said there are so many more people and youngsters out there who suffer and have yet to meet someone like the teachers in here.

Ji is so cute. I figured she would have a crush on Sai. Ji and Sai are such a sweet ladies.

Sai is my babe all the way though. She is so strong and intelligent and patient and sincere in the work she does with each family. No wonder she caught both Ji's and Gorn's eyes lol.
Sai and Gorn, I ship them so hard. Alek is Hella handsome and a good actor to boot. If I have to tolerate actors like Mart, then I'm sure lakorn viewers can tolerate Alek as a p'ek. Those dimples of his strike me in the heart every time! He impressed me as the cool calm mature school administrative. He's real fun to watch when he takes on a playful character like in Sapai Jao, but I think his true talent shows through in a character like Gorn.
Ja is beautiful! She also impressed me as Sai. And I love a woman who can rock a pixie cut.

I have one more episode to watch! The spoilers are making me nervous, heh.

Last edited:

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
@jjinxx, totally agree! This is the second lakorn from ch3 that I enjoy from beginning to end this year. So far this and Padiwarada are the only 2 lakorn I think have good storyline/well directed from ch3.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
^nice!

Episode 15 was a good closing. I nearly cried when the five students went to find Sai just before she left the school. They definitely became a little family on their own.
And the Gorn taking time off to take care of Sai while she finishes her work! So freaking sweet! He has such a corny smile when he is around her, he's utterly delighted by her entire existence lol. They're both lucky to have found each other. Sai is so sophisticated and awesome.

But yes. What an abrupt ending. I'm not sure if that suicide at the end is supposed to be a message that many more people require help, even when they don't exhibit troubled behaviors...? But quite a damper on the strong ending.