[Ch7] Mai Sin Rai Fai Sawart (Daravideo)

sarN

sarNie Granny
Just dropping by to say , i net me a young man , who willing to take me to go watch that darn movie 50 shade of grey  :dance1:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
sarN said:
Just dropping by to say , i net me a young man , who willing to take me to go watch that darn movie 50 shade of grey  :dance1:

OMG sarN, such a cougar you are. HAHA.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I post his picture in my status, funny thing is, he want to post our first picture w/ me grabbing his hair , like in the teaser where Christian buying the rope , in his IG ! And I agreed.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
sarN said:
I post his picture in my status, funny thing is, he want to post our first picture w/ me grabbing his hair , like in the teaser where Christian buying the rope , in his IG ! And I agreed.

HAHA. Oh you need to share it with us. 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
phatman said:

They don't! Haha. Thai lakorns are definitely one of a kind, you can only get 'em in Thailand! HAHA. Taiwanese dramas are better than Thai lakorns?? 10 times??! Why, because of the level of intimacy they're allowed to show? HAHA. I like a few Taiwanese dramas, but I don't think they're better than Thai lakorns., Mahalo, you're funny. :ghehe: I haven't seen a TDrama in...forever. I think. Haha.
Awe, there are much better KDramas nowadays actually. Yesterday was the era of melodramas, today is the era of romcoms! HEHE. Don't feel bad for Won Bin, because that heartbreaker hasn't done much since Autumn in My Heart! No kidding, just a couple films and...like one drama. URGH. He makes me sooo sad. 

Hurray, that means more Mahalo in AF! HEHE.
Yes, Taiwanese dramas are 10 times better than Thai lakorns because their plots are better written and there's consistent character development. A majority of Thai lakorns have the same plots or have the same annoying nang rais or stupid n'ek/p'ek, but Taiwanese dramas have so many different varieties of story-lines that are unique to their own. Their comedies are hilarious while I find Thai comedies over-exaggerated. The romance is 10 times as steamy. They depict mature love very well too while I think Thai romance is totally far-fetched and in lala land with the whole rawring and stuff. Lol. You have no idea how many times I've cried along with Taiwanese dramas because their plots are so relatable and realistic. Their actors convey heart-breaking scenes so much better than Thai's. I actually hurt along with them. They're so good and emotionally deep. I think the Taiwanese take a more mature approach to how they depict real life situations in comparison to Thai's. So to me, Taiwanese dramas are better not because of the lip action. Lol. A majority of their endings leave me satisfied. I don't feel that they're rushed.

I haven't watched any Korean dramas because I can't get into their feminine looking actors or plain looking actresses. Song Hye Kyo is the most beautiful and natural looking actress to me so I favor her. I like my men to look like Won Bin, Song Seung-Heon, Kim Sung-Su, Dennis Oh, and Daniel Henney! You know me and manly men!  

ceda_lee said:
:lmao3: You are one dedicated college student Mahalo!  

I've always been a bookworm all my life so yes I'm extremely dedicated. Lol. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Mahalo said:
Yes, Taiwanese dramas are 10 times better than Thai lakorns because their plots are better written and there's consistent character development. A majority of Thai lakorns have the same plots or have the same annoying nang rais or stupid n'ek/p'ek, but Taiwanese dramas have so many different varieties of story-lines that are unique to their own. Their comedies are hilarious while I find Thai comedies over-exaggerated. The romance is 10 times as steamy. They depict mature love very well too while I think Thai romance is totally far-fetched and in lala land with the whole rawring and stuff. Lol. You have no idea how many times I've cried along with Taiwanese dramas because their plots are so relatable and realistic. Their actors convey heart-breaking scenes so much better than Thai's. I actually hurt along with them. They're so good and emotionally deep. I think the Taiwanese take a more mature approach to how they depict real life situations in comparison to Thai's. So to me, Taiwanese dramas are better not because of the lip action. Lol. A majority of their endings leave me satisfied. I don't feel that they're rushed.

I haven't watched any Korean dramas because I can't get into their feminine looking actors or plain looking actresses. Song Hye Kyo is the most beautiful and natural looking actress to me so I favor her. I like my men to look like Won Bin, Song Seung-Heon, Kim Sung-Su, Dennis Oh, and Daniel Henney! You know me and manly men!  

Grr. You made such a good point, I can't counteract. HAHA. I agree that their storylines are much better written out and their productions have much better quality, but I can't really stand most Taiwanese actresses/actors. I only have a few favorites. I just don't like how they overact and say their lines like they're reading straight from the script. They don't sound all that natural to me, you know? Haha. I get annoyed by the fact that their lead gals act like annoying squeaky little kids, yet the handsome, hot and macho lead guys fall for them. I also get annoyed by the fact that there's so much narration/monologues in TDramas. HAHA. I can go on and on, but I'll stop. Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of favorite TDramas and actors and actresses, it's just these little things that bother me and keep me from watching them. Haha. I do appreciate their showing of nice and not-too-racy intimate scenes though. HEHE. 

Tell me about it! KDramas are being taken over by boyish feminine looking...boys, who are only leads because they have a strong fanbase. SHK is like my absolute favorite K actress, but her recent dramas haven't been that satisfying due to her pair ups. Our macho men of KDrama land are disappearing one, by one. HUHUHU, what do we do??? 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
phatman said:

Grr. You made such a good point, I can't counteract. HAHA. I agree that their storylines are much better written out and their productions have much better quality, but I can't really stand most Taiwanese actresses/actors. I only have a few favorites. I just don't like how they overact and say their lines like they're reading straight from the script. They don't sound all that natural to me, you know? Haha. I get annoyed by the fact that their lead gals act like annoying squeaky little kids, yet the handsome, hot and macho lead guys fall for them. I also get annoyed by the fact that there's so much narration/monologues in TDramas. HAHA. I can go on and on, but I'll stop. Don't get me wrong, I have my fair share of favorite TDramas and actors and actresses, it's just these little things that bother me and keep me from watching them. Haha. I do appreciate their showing of nice and not-too-racy intimate scenes though. HEHE. 

Tell me about it! KDramas are being taken over by boyish feminine looking...boys, who are only leads because they have a strong fanbase. SHK is like my absolute favorite K actress, but her recent dramas haven't been that satisfying due to her pair ups. Our macho men of KDrama land are disappearing one, by one. HUHUHU, what do we do??? 
I like the narration. It feels like I'm watching a book unfold. I can't tell if they're reading their lines straight from the script because I can't speak or understand Mandarin. Lol. I can only tell by their tone of voice and facial expressions. For sure, they're not reading them. They're putting their emotions into each line and acting them out wonderfully, at least this applies to the actors I'm watching. Lol. You're probably watching only comedies. They follow manga style. I don't mind it. I actually find it hilarious with the emoji's and background effects. It's something unique in comparison to Thai lakorns. I just find T dramas more entertaining. They transition well from comedic to serious atmospheres. If you don't like kiddish leads, watch Mars and that'll scare you. Lol. It's such a dark T drama. 

sarN

sarNie Granny
I watch more Chinese than lakorn really , I love their ancient series than their modern & korean I prefer comedy . It true what you said about lakorn but I truly enjoy their happy ending though , no matter how serious the plot is or what ever the conflict is bwt the lead , 99% of the time there rainbow & sunshine at the end . Yes, unrealistic & far-fetch in most but that how I want it , reality is to harsh for me, so lakorn is an escape route. Korean are good at creating romantic setting & heart pounding kissing scene ! What I love about lakorn is the dialogue. I can't really explain it but I enjoy the metaphor, sarcasm, smack talk ..ect.

poobae91

sarNie Adult
Mahalo said:

Really? As much as I have watched almost every asian genre out there, Taiwanese drama used to over exaggerate the comedy or CGI effects in their drama. Now, they have toned it down, but I don't find any story to my liking at all, plus I hate the airing 1 ep per week - the wait just kills me which is why I've stayed away from taiwanese drama and I'm not too fond of the actors/actresses. Some Taiwanese drama are pretty cheesy too.

I think that modern China dramas are so much like thai lakorns because there's is filled with Dramas, Dramas, and forced kiss haha. One thing about thai lakorn that I have to say is, they do have cheesy and drama scenes too, but what makes me still like thai lakorn is that the main girl is usually the only one that the main guy looks at (which gets you all giddy because you know that the main guy hella likes the main girl and wants her attention) and they have a lot of sweet scenes together. However, on the other hand, story and romance development could be better. But, I still find myself coming back and watching thai lakorn.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Mahalo said:
I like the narration. It feels like I'm watching a book unfold. I can't tell if they're reading their lines straight from the script because I can't speak or understand Mandarin. Lol. I can only tell by their tone of voice and facial expressions. For sure, they're not reading them. They're putting their emotions into each line and acting them out wonderfully, at least this applies to the actors I'm watching. Lol. You're probably watching only comedies. They follow manga style. I don't mind it. I actually find it hilarious with the emoji's and background effects. It's something unique in comparison to Thai lakorns. I just find T dramas more entertaining. They transition well from comedic to serious atmospheres. If you don't like kiddish leads, watch Mars and that'll scare you. Lol. It's such a dark T drama. 
Yeah I've only seen romcoms. Haha. One day when I have absolutely no interest in Thai lakorns I'll turn to the otter ET's. Hehe.

I'm not a fan of Vic nor Barbie, so it'll be hard for me to watch Mars. Haha.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
poobae91 said:

Really? As much as I have watched almost every asian genre out there, Taiwanese drama used to over exaggerate the comedy or CGI effects in their drama. Now, they have toned it down, but I don't find any story to my liking at all, plus I hate the airing 1 ep per week - the wait just kills me which is why I've stayed away from taiwanese drama and I'm not too fond of the actors/actresses. Some Taiwanese drama are pretty cheesy too.

I think that modern China dramas are so much like thai lakorns because there's is filled with Dramas, Dramas, and forced kiss haha. One thing about thai lakorn that I have to say is, they do have cheesy and drama scenes too, but what makes me still like thai lakorn is that the main girl is usually the only one that the main guy looks at (which gets you all giddy because you know that the main guy hella likes the main girl and wants her attention) and they have a lot of sweet scenes together. However, on the other hand, story and romance development could be better. But, I still find myself coming back and watching thai lakorn.
I really don't know how recent T-dramas are now since I started watching them since 2005 and stopped right afterwards. Lol. I been going back to watch the early 2000 ones since the actors I like barely have any new dramas out. The most recent I've seen is probably Rainie's Drunken to Love You and I loved it! I have a bias towards Rainie Yang's dramas so I don't watch any other Taiwanese dramas besides hers. From her bundle of dramas, I can say that they're 10 times better than Thai lakorns because they leave me satisfied with comedy, romance, and character development plus happy endings! I love happy endings so the T-dramas I watch always have them. Lol. It's just the best feeling in the world when you sit there and watch a whole drama and when it ends, you're content. T-dramas give me that feeling while Thai lakorns do not.

It's rare for me to ever fully like a Thai drama because the lakorns now and days lack substance in comparison to the past. The beginning could start off well but fall apart towards the end or the middle or vice versa. Productions always seem so rushed or the casting isn't fitting or the script writing is terrible. I always come back watching them though because I grew up with them so they're a part of my culture.

sarN said:
I watch more Chinese than lakorn really , I love their ancient series than their modern & korean I prefer comedy . It true what you said about lakorn but I truly enjoy their happy ending though , no matter how serious the plot is or what ever the conflict is bwt the lead , 99% of the time there rainbow & sunshine at the end . Yes, unrealistic & far-fetch in most but that how I want it , reality is to harsh for me, so lakorn is an escape route. Korean are good at creating romantic setting & heart pounding kissing scene ! What I love about lakorn is the dialogue. I can't really explain it but I enjoy the metaphor, sarcasm, smack talk ..ect.
Back in the 90's my family and I watched both Chinese and Thai lakorns. However, ancient Chinese series are so blah now and days. The wardrobe, actors, and plots are not as great compared to the older days. Plus, there are so many remakes! The use of computer effects are overwhelming and one of the mains always dies at the end. Lol. That's why I stopped watching them. The Taiwanese dramas I watch don't have sad endings. When I say they depict reality better I mean that their acting is very realistic! But the plots are somewhat like Thai lakorns as well. I love happy endings too Sarn. That's why I steer clear of K-dramas.

phatman said:
Yeah I've only seen romcoms. Haha. One day when I have absolutely no interest in Thai lakorns I'll turn to the otter ET's. Hehe.

I'm not a fan of Vic nor Barbie, so it'll be hard for me to watch Mars. Haha.
If you can sit through Pepper and Ann, you can sit through Vic and Barbie. Lol. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Mahalo said:
I really don't know how recent T-dramas are now since I started watching them since 2005 and stopped right afterwards. Lol. I been going back to watch the early 2000 ones since the actors I like barely have any new dramas out. The most recent I've seen is probably Rainie's Drunken to Love You and I loved it! I have a bias towards Rainie Yang's dramas so I don't watch any other Taiwanese dramas besides hers. From her bundle of dramas, I can say that they're 10 times better than Thai lakorns because they leave me satisfied with comedy, romance, and character development plus happy endings! I love happy endings so the T-dramas I watch always have them. Lol. It's just the best feeling in the world when you sit there and watch a whole drama and when it ends, you're content. T-dramas give me that feeling while Thai lakorns do not.

It's rare for me to ever fully like a Thai drama because the lakorns now and days lack substance in comparison to the past. The beginning could start off well but fall apart towards the end or the middle or vice versa. Productions always seem so rushed or the casting isn't fitting or the script writing is terrible. I always come back watching them though because I grew up with them so they're a part of my culture.

Back in the 90's my family and I watched both Chinese and Thai lakorns. However, ancient Chinese series are so blah now and days. The wardrobe, actors, and plots are not as great compared to the older days. Plus, there are so many remakes! The use of computer effects are overwhelming and one of the mains always dies at the end. Lol. That's why I stopped watching them. The Taiwanese dramas I watch don't have sad endings. When I say they depict reality better I mean that their acting is very realistic! But the plots are somewhat like Thai lakorns as well. I love happy endings too Sarn. That's why I steer clear of K-dramas.

If you can sit through Pepper and Ann, you can sit through Vic and Barbie. Lol. 
I've sat through Barbie before. Haha. In Corner With Love with Show Lo. Barbie's acting is decent, but she's just got too baby of a face. Haha. As for Vic...um his appearance in Meteor Garden ruined him for me. Haha.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
phatman said:
I've sat through Barbie before. Haha. In Corner With Love with Show Lo. Barbie's acting is decent, but she's just got too baby of a face. Haha. As for Vic...um his appearance in Meteor Garden ruined him for me. Haha.
He's so cute in Mars though and Barbie fits her shy and innocent character. Everyone in there suffered psychological trauma so it's very dark. I enjoyed it because of the suspense. I tried watching Barbie in Corner with Love also but don't like her. Lol. I only liked her in Mars. If only Ruby Lin starred more in Taiwanese dramas. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Mahalo said:
He's so cute in Mars though and Barbie fits her shy and innocent character. Everyone in there suffered psychological trauma so it's very dark. I enjoyed it because of the suspense. I tried watching Barbie in Corner with Love also but don't like her. Lol. I only liked her in Mars. If only Ruby Lin starred more in Taiwanese dramas. 

I've read really good review on Mars too. 
I think with the right hair style he'll look good in my eyes. HAHA. This is what I don't like about Taiwanese actors, they never have the kind of hairstyle I like. It's always.....weird looking. Haha. Like Mike He. He's so handsome, but I like absolutely NONE of his hairdos . Like really, NONE. Haha. The only Taiwainese actor who's hair style I actually liked once is Bobby Dou. His hair and wardrobe in Te Amo Chocolate was mmm...mmm HAWT. Too bad his leading lady looked like a little kid and....weird. HAHA. 

Anti-spam: Why can't MSRFS air sooner!!! HAHA.