[Ch7] Tawee Pope (Polyplus)

Bailey123

sarNie Hatchling
Pancake's acting is not that bad seriously in my opinion i even think Mint chalida's acting is worse than her( and again but i'm not hating on anybody ). Some of you guys are exaggerating and being too bias. At least give her some credit. She is actually a very good person judging by all the helping that she is doing to other people in the news unlike some other actors that don't do anything. Well Tawee Pope this version is good. I actually like it a lot and Om is such a cutie even though i think his nose trills look kind of big in here lol. The ending was very also touching.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Bias? Helping others does not help make you a better actress, it makes you a better person so bringing that up won't change my critique on Pancake's acting.

Anyways it is official, one of the worst script this year and one of the worst remake. I am so darn mad because the first 8 episodes were really good.

Chalida is not the best but she shows gradual and steady improvements. I believe she is above Pancake.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
In my opinion, everyone on here has done a great job acting... i'm very impressed and that's coming from a person who doesnt like watching ch.7 lakorns. I dont plan on comparing any versions cause i'm pretty sure it was hard enough for all the actors and actress to live up to the orginal casts or viewer's expectations. The purpose of remakes is to help remind us why the lakorn was a success in the first place, i dont see what people are talking about when they said this version of Tawee Pope was a huge FAILS... i honestly dont see it... and if it was the lakorn would of been tooken off air long time ago. I gaved Pancake a chance in this lakorn cause from what i heard this was a great lakorn... my o my she sure did proved me wrong, she did her job well too.

If you catch yourself laughing to the jokes the character says, get angry at when the bad guys are being mean to the pra'nang's, and maybe crying whenever the nang'eaks crying, you dang know in your heart they've done their job well enough to make you feel that way... think about it, not every movie star is born to act... Some people are just talented and as for some it's going to take awhile until they start shining.

overall i give this lakorn an 8, Maneejan did her job by making me fall in love with Khun Luang <3 and lmao .... Khun Luang played his part by being Seu-Beu (lol)/ Romantic but still manage to look handsome as every scene... Prayoong wow what can i say about her, never knew she could act lol but got me with her beauty :)... and everyone else i applaud for them too cause they did a good job. With all the study'n i have, i'm glad i've gotten the chance to catch this lakorn... it was well worth it :)

:cloud9: Maneejun & Khun Luang FOREVER!!!! :cloud9:

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Om really impressed me as Khun Luang for the first half-ish of this lakorn. He gave off that presence of being someone with status but also had that adorable smile and shyness when it came to Manee. but then afterwards, I just started getting confused, because he would seem a bit cold, and then when she was about to go into the mirror, he held her back like she was the love of his life--which she IS, but i feel like they didn't emphasize their feelings for each other enough...or maybe I didn't watch closely enough? but i was watching this without subtitles, so i'm doing my best to just review off what I could understand.

I haven't watched the last episode yet, but reading the comments, What the HECK, why would they end this without having Manee seeing her friends? They might as well have put her friends in a whole different lakorn then, because not having them see each other for the last time when they obviously missed and worried about her is like saying they are not significant at all.

Pan was alright. I still try to hold judgement of the overall acting of the cast because obviously they were just going along with the script...for the most part. instead of pointing out Pan, I shall simply say that watching the old version alongside this version, 2011 Manee was a bit of a disappointment. And like someone else mentioned, it didn't seem like she did a whole lot to help with the country issue--which wouldn't be a big deal if this was simply a time travel story, but that was a big part of it, right?, the thing with her making an impact with the past...so idk...

Bailey123

sarNie Hatchling
Bias? Helping others does not help make you a better actress, it makes you a better person so bringing that up won't change my critique on Pancake's acting.

Anyways it is official, one of the worst script this year and one of the worst remake. I am so darn mad because the first 8 episodes were really good.

Chalida is not the best but she shows gradual and steady improvements. I believe she is above Pancake.
Well that's your opinion and i won't argue with that. In my opinion i think Pancake did her best in here and still better than some actress. As for Mint chalida i adored her so much but i still say her acting is still very bad.

Sophia456

sarNie Juvenile
Overall felt that ending was a bit rushed... True could have added her friends there and all of a sudden it like they just disappear... I mean like they r not gonna c her forever u know..... The beginning of lakorn was exciting to watch but middle and end everything felt choppy and not put together...

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
At least she got to talk to her mom for the last time, better than not seeing her at all. Dang Pancake is so lucky to be sleeping next to Om and kissing him, I AM SO JEALOUS!!!

Not happy at all with this remake, i knew from the start it would suck. Om did a fantastic job while the others were over exaggerated or over acted. Another ruined remake, please leave the remakes to ch3. This is honestly one of the worst remakes I've ever seen (besides Huan Zu Ge Ge).

jjinxx

^lol for REAL. I was like, damn, she's so lucky. I wanna wake up next to Om!

just finished the last episode. Man, i can't help feeling sorry for Manee and her mom. I can't imagine having to leave my mom forever like that, not even for the man i love... T-T Such a tear-jerker scene when Manee and Thep went to see her mom and they were crying, aaaah, how sad. The very last scene was so breathtaking in that the love between Manee and Khun Luang was expressed very romantically. I wish we could have seen more of that tenderness between them, despite his time period being conservative and all. Can anyone help me out with what the couple was talking about while standing by the window? something about Manee, Prayong, flowers...etc.

Overall, I enjoyed this. The general storyline of "two worlds" bringing two soulmates together is simply touching and of course, because Om was totally worth watching! 555

fun

Expired Sarnie
I mean I still give Pancake credit, just wished for a better written script. It doesn't neccessary have to be better than the original, all I wanted was justice. I haven't seen much of Ann S version but I do know the significant of the plot which 2011 lacked. It would have been nicer if Khun Luang did let Manee embrace her mom because although she is supposedly more mature, she still possess that childlike behavior. Isn't that the reason why he sort of charmed over?

I'm actually shocked with Pooklook dramatic improvements.

I hate certain characters, but would I say they are all great actors and actresses? No I usually end up disliking a character because the acting is just horrifying. I am not criticizing anyone's acting, I am just stating that it doesn't fit or up to par with the plot. The development is weak. I think a good actor would make any character come to life, which I did not see in Pancake.

SaoNoy89

sarNie Egg
I say this was a good remake. Obviously you cant compare it to the original because when you compare it, you expect it to be exactly the same. There would be no reason to remake it if it was the exactly the same in every way. I thought they did great especially having to deal with their director that passed away in the middle of them filming the lakorn.

Everyone has an opinion on the actors and actress but dont let your personal feelings towards them ruin the lakorn. I admit i'm not crazy in love with Om and other than this lakorn, the only other one i watched with him is Prajun Lei Payuk. The other 2 in between i didnt really feel for him.

I say if a character can make me laugh, cry and/or hate them, then they played their part well!!!! But im not arguing against anyone because everyone has their own opinion.

arun

sarNie Egg
I say this was a good remake. Obviously you cant compare it to the original because when you compare it, you expect it to be exactly the same. There would be no reason to remake it if it was the exactly the same in every way. I thought they did great especially having to deal with their director that passed away in the middle of them filming the lakorn.

Everyone has an opinion on the actors and actress but dont let your personal feelings towards them ruin the lakorn. I admit i'm not crazy in love with Om and other than this lakorn, the only other one i watched with him is Prajun Lei Payuk. The other 2 in between i didnt really feel for him.

I say if a character can make me laugh, cry and/or hate them, then they played their part well!!!! But im not arguing against anyone because everyone has their own opinion.
I agree there no reason to remake it if it was the exactly the same in every way, but the director should keep the character personalities the same as the old. Khon luang need to be more mature in the new version.

arun

sarNie Egg
I agree there's no reason to remake it if it was the exactly the same in every way, but the director should keep the character personalities the same as the old. Khon luang need to be more mature in the new version.

jjinxx

I'm rewatching this with subtitles and liking it even more now that I understand all the things they talk about and all the ancient words and traditions that Manee learns. Khun Luang's lines, some of them are quite touching and sweet. :cloud9: Om makes a very nice Khun Luang. No, it's really the scriptwriter or whoever's fault. I understand that Manee is playful and I'm glad for it because that's just who she is but they seriously should not have made hers...shrill and crazy sometimes. Like, if she does that in this world, I'm pretty sure some people would find her weird too lol. Her laugh is a little too much.

I loled when Manee told the joke about the three birds that died because they covered their ears and forgot to fly. :lolyup:

It's so fun to watch the calm Khun Luang get jealous and worked up for once in his life. His mom is very nice too, she helps Manee feel more at home. But I gotta say, I still wish Manee got to see her mom longer, just as a personal opinion that I would have cried my eyes thinking I'd never get to see my mom again.

Kul and Doc are freaking adorable. She's so in denial of her feelings lol.

I kind of like the servants more, before I thought they were too dramatic getting scared all the time, but I especially like Muan and Khap, those two are hilarious and so loyal.

That Luang Jen guy is so annoying and useless. Don't he got work to do instead of bothering Prayong all the time? Poor Prayong. I was like, 'whoa, seriously, rejecting your blanket is that literally rejecting you too?' but I guess that's the way. But it sucks she had to put up with Jen and her mom is so overbearing while she's such a nice beautiful woman who wants to be strong and independent.

Heidi

♥Korean Obsessed♥
I have just finished watching Tawee Pope with English subtitles. I have not seen the original version with Ann and Saranyu, so please don't be mad at me for my thoughts.

Overall, I think this lakorn was pretty good. In my opinion, I thought this started out very well, but it did drag for a long time. I don't understand why the mom or the friends couldn't have gone back in time to see her. It probably is because the portal is only meant for her and for her to meet her true love. Also, I understand that it is true love so Khun Luang didn't want Manee to go back to the future, but he could have understood that she loves him and she will come back. I found it very sad that Manee didn't come back at all for the last few episodes, last episode doesn't really count and also, it was very heart breaking that her best friend didn't see her at all. Manee and Khun Luang's love story is pretty decent. I do love the concept of the story. I honestly do not blame the actors but the script.

Okay, now moving on to the supporting cast, which I thought did an amazing job.
I have never seen the original version, so I thought that p'ek's mom wasn't going to like n'ek, but boy, was I wrong. Which was a good thing. I really liked Kul and Doc(Tron)'s love, although it was the typical love that both have feelings but don't want to say anything. But truth be told, I think their story line stands out more than Manee and Khun Luang's. Kul and Doc's relationship was more than bickering and meeting each other, then, BAM, they fall for one another gradually, although Doc did fell for Kul at first sight. I liked how their relationship progress from the beginning til the very end. I also really like their scene when they both finally told each other their true feelings. Let's just say I really loved Kul and Doc more than pra'nang.

At first, I didn't really like Raiwat, but at the same time I did understand him. I really liked him when he was actually the one that broke the ice for Doc to confess his feelings to Kul. And act like he was going to pursue her, that was really cute and funny. Now moving onto, Arnus' character, sorry, forgot his character's name, anywayz, I love him, but his character was pretty useless, period. The way he kept bothering Prayong, drove me nuts and I would be freaked out. Speaking of Prayong, she is soo beautiful and sweet. I feel bad for her, I honestly don't think she would've fell for Khun Luang if her mom didn't push her so much. I was happy that she married Kelly, although she didn't really have feelings for him. Oh, can I say, Kelly is real fine, his appearance pretty much made me smile, although he's old enough to be dad...lol
Like many of have said, I wished the ending could have better and show a family tree of descendants of Khun Luang and Manee. That would've been really nice. On a rating scale of 1-10, 10 being the best. I'd give this a 7.5 :)

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Today I watched the finale. This is my 3rd time watching Tawee Pope. I love this storyline, its my most favorite. I can't compare it to the original because I didn't see it. I just know that this one made me laugh, cry, & smile. I even felt giggly and shy in some parts. This is one of Om's best lakorns. I've seen his other shows prior to and after this lakorn, and I have to say this is his best work by far. His eyes are so romantic and dreamy. His voice is irresistible! Esp. when he calls out, "Mae Mannee, Mae Mannee Jaaa" <3 I think Pancake did a great job. Her interactions & chemistry with Khoun Louang is believable. I just wished they'd toned down her "childishness" a little. When she was in the present time, she was independent, mature & poised. But when she goes to the past, she acts immature, playful & sorta ditzy. I don't know why the story writer/ author wrote her character out that way, but I guess it has to do with the fact that the serious, handsome, & mature Khoun Louang is supposed to counteract with the immature playful Manneejan. I admit the plot has a few flaws, but thats alright since there's no perfect script nor perfect production. There are bound to be mistakes.

What I got from it was a romantic love story. Thats all that matters to me. I will keep rewatching this every year. :)
My favorite part was when Khoun Louang was teasing Mannee saying he was going to greet her the European way by kissing her cheeks and Mannee got scared but they were both giggling. Hahaha
The saddest part was when Mannee & Khoung Louang crossed over to see Mannee's Mom and they were saying goodbye. Wow, talk about feels!  I always cry at that part.

I love this drama it's one of my favorite!! I'm a fan of both of them love them together on screen. You can't say negative things if you haven't watch it. I love the classic one and the new one. Please don't be so negative :)