Changing Windows

Captainlover

sarNie Elites
I was wondering if i change my window to a different window will everything on the computer be save? Like right now i have a window XP Home Edition and i want to change it to Vista so if i change it will everything be save or do i have to save it to something else? thanks

jeanie

sarNie Adult
Like your documents and files? Nope updating the operating system won't mess with that stuff. Should be fine. I did hear some bad reviews on Vista though. Heard there were a lot of kinks to it that needs to be worked out. Everyone I've talked to prefers XP.

darvil

sarNie Adult
When you install vista you can still access your old XP. You'll just have 2 of them when you start and you get to make a choice.

Vista is pretty cool. I'll be installing it soon.

noungning

Heartless
the GUI is pretty... but i haven't really used it. it's on a new laptop i have access to, it's a little confusing but pretty... but i'm not sure about the bugs it may contain, haven't been really catching up.

but yes like the previous posts, nothing will happen to your files, u're just updating your interface, not formatting the system. :)

darvil

sarNie Adult
there are certain features Vista has which XP doesn't have.

If you don't need them then you shouldn't bother with it.

The major one is for gamers. DirectX 10 is on Vista and the latest PC games will be coming out for that. There are also cool features like the search.

The major problem is with it not being able to run everything XP can do.. so you are taking a risk if that is the only thing you're going to have.

For me I'm going to be install both vista and XP on my system this coming week.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Bugs for Vista I heard ares: some programs and games are not working with Vista. And another thing is .. Comcast internet doesn't seem to be working with it from what I heard. Overall, Vista is good. I think Microsoft will be coming out with something similar to XP service packs for Vista.

For your other questions just watch what you choose when installing a new Operating System. If you do a NEW INSTALLATION, it will delete everything. If you choose Upgrade than it will leave Window XP like it is and you can choose to logon to XP or Vista when you turn on your computer.