COLD WATER

sofarsogood

sarNie Egg
For those who like to drink cold water, please read this article .
It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed It will slow down the digestion. Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.

sofarsogood

sarNie Egg
i didn't know anyhting about drinking cold water after a meal it could cause problems to our bodies
I am so glad that a very good friend told me about it and I just thought that I share it with everyone. I sure do care about
our hmong people and many good friends out theres health. Even though if some may not belive at least I did my part
of sharing this information. Good luck to all.

iamhmong

sarNie Egg
It's COMMON SENSE. We all should know that drinking cold water after a meal is unhealty. It's like setting a bowl of oil outside in the winter and one in the summer. SEE THE DIFFERENCE! Especially for us women, cause we have our period every month.

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
For those who like to drink cold water, please read this article .
It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed It will slow down the digestion. Once this 'sludge' reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine. Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer. It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
so by reading this... i won't be living long.. :mellow:

SweetAngel21

sarNie Juvenile
is true have to drink warm water...cold water are not healthy at all....I use to drink cold water all the time now I know why my mom wouldn't let me drink it...I stop drinking cold water and eating ice cream.....I will eat everything that is warm...keep my body healthy all the time..those of you don't know about your body better watch out what gonna happen to body...just letting you guys know that..

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
is true have to drink warm water...cold water are not healthy at all....I use to drink cold water all the time now I know why my mom wouldn't let me drink it...I stop drinking cold water and eating ice cream.....I will eat everything that is warm...keep my body healthy all the time..those of you don't know about your body better watch out what gonna happen to body...just letting you guys know that..
but cold water is good though....

SweetAngel21

sarNie Juvenile
usually I know that...girl cannot drink cold water...I got that idea from mom...is good too...I thought I might not have my kids because I really wanted kids so I stop eating cold things..freezing stuff..after all I did have her....now i'm gonna look after my body carefully....yup yup...that's all I know about myself and other things too

angelness

sarNie Egg
And where did you get this information from? It'll REALLY STUPID to just agree with everything you read online, especially an anonymous post like this. Cancer?? Come on, get serious people!! This person ain't a practicing doctor. Drinking cold water ain't going lead to cancer!

angelness

sarNie Egg
usually I know that...girl cannot drink cold water...I got that idea from mom...is good too...I thought I might not have my kids because I really wanted kids so I stop eating cold things..freezing stuff..after all I did have her....now i'm gonna look after my body carefully....yup yup...that's all I know about myself and other things too

First off, if cold things makes female bodies unhealthy than what about all those people who live in cold climates? Shouldn't all the women in those places die-off by now? I think some people just want to manipulate people into not eating cold things so that when summer comes along, men can have all the ice cream and cold drinks they want and let the women dehydrate in the burning sun under global warming!
Plus, women are advised to eat warm things when they're pregnant and menstruating, not when they aren't. It's perfectly normal and Healthy to eat cold things.

All women need to go take a Women Biology course when they in college.

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
so by reading this... i won't be living long.. :mellow:

Oh dear. :lol:

Here you go, PLEASE READ.

Our bodies do not expend calories when absorbing cold water. In order for water to hydrate the body, it need not be at room temperature, or even at the same temperature as our bodies'. As a matter of fact, the American College of Sports Medicine's Position Stand on Exercise and Fluid Replacement states that fluid needs to be cooler than ambient temperature, meaning between 59 – 72°F. Colder fluids leave the stomach more quickly than warmer ones, allowing faster rehydration. During hot weather, when we tend to lose extra fluids, beverages in this temperature range will have a cooling effect on the body. Drinking cool beverages can help to cool us from the inside.

Also, there's no need to worry: cold foods and beverages do not harm any of our internal organs, so we can feel free to enjoy them.

By the way, sweating is another way to help bring down our body temperature. During exercise, our core body temperature rises as the intensity of our workout increases. This rise in temperature initiates a process that causes us to sweat. The heat that's generated is carried through our blood to just under the skin, where sweat glands are activated, releasing fluid (a.k.a. sweat). It's the evaporation of sweat that's cooling.

Alice

Related Q&As

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2439.html