copy right

cinny

sarNie Egg
At the begninning of every Thai lakron, they asked people to report of invading their copy right . Aren't Hmong afraid of getting caught for translating Thai lakron or did they get permission before they translated Thai lakron?

pyh

sarNie Elites
cinny said:
At the begninning of every Thai lakron, they asked people to report of invading their copy right . Aren't Hmong afraid of getting caught for translating Thai lakron or did they get permission before they translated Thai lakron?
[post="123932"][/post]​
I think all the Hmong got permission to translate. They have to ask for permission and pay fees. If not, I'm sure they would have been in trouble by now.

queeny_bee

sarNie Juvenile
it sounds like that's what they have to do... but aren't these movies/series consisting of top-notch celebrities.. wouldn't the hmong ppls who are dubbing have to pay a lot of money than? i mean take Jet Li.. and all his movies that are dubbed... wouldn't it be kinda pricey?? Jet Li is very famous... that's what i always wonder too

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
they probably have permission...if they don't then why are dubbing so much movie ....and more and more movies are comming out....so i think they do have permission...'cause i think bi-vision and four star entertainment have permission.....

chongsong

sarNie Egg
You keep forgetting that currency isn't worth that much in other country then here in the U.S. The rights are usually sold after 10 yeaers, for a smaller fee then eariler.

kiaalor

sarNie Egg
You keep forgetting that currency isn't worth that much in other country then here in the U.S. The rights are usually sold after 10 yeaers, for a smaller fee then eariler.
REALLY? Ya really think that they actually pays for copyright? Maybe the bigger company but I'm not so sure about the smaller company. what about American movies that they dubbed in HMONG? For example, Tinker bell, barbie, cinderalla, snow white, etc. Did they really get permission? If so, why sell these movies so cheap aat the tournament? It's like $3 - $5 for a DVD. But you be the judge?

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
no for thai dramas they dont have to buy the copyright, that's why alot of them gets dubb by all these productions and if u guys haven't notice, not a lot or hardly any Korean, Chinese movies are being dubb right now is because they do have to buy the copyright, so thats why all these hmong productions stop dubbing them.

the reason these production can dubb the disney movies is because they get the ones from thailand, then dubb them so that way its from thailand and not US.=)

cecilia

Staff member
i dont' think any of them have copyright -- even the video provider itself doesn't have copyright? Why do you think iptv got sue by ch7 for billions of dollars? If ch3 isn't that nice, they might have done the same thing as ch7.

anyway, like ppl said 'if they have copyright then how come one too many companies can dub it lol' i don't think some of them dubbing company can afford to buy copyright when NOTHING get copyright to CHINA except EXACT lakorn.