Credit Card

Iya

sarNie Adult
Okay, so I'm going on a trip out of state soon and the one thing I know is that you need at least 1 major credit card for emergencies. Well, with all the problems with people going into debt with credit card, I am very cautious about getting one. In fact, I don't even want one at all. However, after weighing all options, I decide to get one for the duration of this trip (for renting car, booking hotel, and emergency) and is not planning to use it for any expenses as I come to love my debit card. however, i know that there's alot of types out there with different benefits and I'm deciding between mastercard, discover, and Capital one. But here what I want in my card, so i hope to get some advice:

1. I will not be using it for anything besides emergencies, or to book accommodations and renting car when I go on vacation (which rarely happens, but i have one coming up next month)
2. Since i don't plan on using it on anything else, reward cards would make little sense to me as I will never get those need points.
3. I want one with low interest rates and no yearly fee if possible.

any suggestions?

I got this one suggested that kinna meets my criteria from Cardmatch.com when it try to match me with a card base on my score so far:

Capital One® Platinum Credit Card
  • Click "APPLY HERE" to apply online or call 866-605-0808
  • $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $19 after that
  • Image Card - personalize your card with an image of your choice
  • $0 Fraud Liability if your card is lost or stolen
  • Monitor your spending with free text message alerts
  • Intro APR - N/A
  • Intro APR period - N/A
  • Regular APR 24.9% (V)
  • Annual Fee - $0 intro for first year; $19 after that
  • Balance Transfer - Yes

Anyone who lives in the US, uses credit car or have any comment or opinions, please comment. I need to decide soon so I can start booking my flight/accommodations.

Iya

sarNie Adult
American express has reward points, no annual fee as well as no apr interest for a year.
I heard about american express, but i heard some bad things about it. plus, i know that you must have excellent credit score to have that. I haven't really got mine started yet much less having a good score. Thanks for the suggestion though, i will look it up. in the meanwhile, do you know anything about discover or mastercard?