death of a baby

jaimie

sarNie Hatchling
Gosh that is so sad, wish them both the best , its must be really hard for them to lose both babies.

sreycreeam

sarNie Egg
My heart goes go out to Willy/Yelly and their family. RIP to both babies. I Hope in the near future when the time is right i hope that they will b able to have kids.

navy

sarNie Adult
So sad. I just found it in Bangkok Post too....

SHOWBIZ / PREMATURE BIRTH

Gelly's newborn baby dies
Popular actor Rerngrit "Willy" McIntosh and his model wife Geraldine "Gelly" Ricordel lost their newborn baby boy on Monday night.

The baby was conceived by zygote intrafallopian transfer _ an infertility treatment where eggs are taken from the woman's ovary, fertilised and then placed in her fallopian tube.

Doctors said Gelly had carried the child for only 26 weeks before he was born about 4am on Monday and died about 9pm the same day at Piyavej Hospital.

Willy married Gelly, his long-time girlfriend, on June 25 last year. She became pregnant with twins after the infertility treatment.

One twin died in the womb five months into the pregnancy

lovebird_tmi

sarNie Hatchling
i wish them the best in their future... only receive triumps and no more sadness. it must have been hard to conceive, i assume, since they used fertility treatments... i hope this does not deter them.

i know what she is going through. it's very hard to handle losing the baby you carry in your womb. my heart goes out to Yelly... and willy too.

may they two be blessed with children... and heal their hearts.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Gosh, it's kinda hard to believe that they were unable to save the infant. I guess i'm use to seeing many of my friends with premature baby, weighing only at 3lbs at 4 months, 22 weeks premature, was able to survive their prematuridy. I know one child who is now 7 yrs old, was born onl weighing in at 2 pounds.

I wonder if Gelly delivered in the US hospitals, if the infant might have a higher percent of surviving??? Just wondering, because i don't know how up to date the medicine and hospital technology in Thailand is. But i also don't want them having regrets, that they should have been somewhere else to deliver their child.

siri

sarNie Egg
Gosh, it's kinda hard to believe that they were unable to save the infant. I guess i'm use to seeing many of my friends with premature baby, weighing only at 3lbs at 4 months, 22 weeks premature, was able to survive their prematuridy. I know one child who is now 7 yrs old, was born onl weighing in at 2 pounds.

I wonder if Gelly delivered in the US hospitals, if the infant might have a higher percent of surviving??? Just wondering, because i don't know how up to date the medicine and hospital technology in Thailand is. But i also don't want them having regrets, that they should have been somewhere else to deliver their child.
I was wondering the same thing too. I work at a pediatric hospital and I have seen my fair share of premature newborns which many are put on ventilators to assist them because of their premature lungs. Many times there are babies who's gestational age are much younger that those of Yelly's, and surprisingly many of them survived.

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult

I think if the babies were born here in the US, they might have had a better chance of survival too. Might take a few months, but they'll have a better chance. I work with a guy that had twins and they were born at 20 weeks and they survived. They had to stay in the hospital for about 6 months each but they made it and now they're both really healthy children. This is just so sad. I hope they can get through this and will be able to have more children. I don't know what I would have done if this happened to me. RIP babies.

MiSzEz_PlOy

sarNie Hatchling
This is so sad ! I feel sorry for them! Rest In paradise! No matter what he"ll always be by their side though! best believe it! RIP

T3rRi

Mrs. Robert Pattinson
I think them have a better chance of survival, if them were born in the US hospital. My niece was premature. 7 month premature. now she's going to school like a normal kid. If you look at her, you won't think she was born premature.

RIP. My heart goes out to Willy/Yelly and their family.