Divided Heart | Chapter 2 Up

Katerine

Butterfly123
Divided Heart

Posters By Akio

Summary:

When she was very young she was torn away from the one person she loved the most, to be shipped halfway
across the world to be with a man she’s never met before, her father. But then a cruel twist of fate
bring her back to her home country, she decides to refined her old love but when she does a new one
shows up, so she decides to leave old flames to lie... but they reappear... she has to chose between old
and new, which will she chose...

I'll post The Prologue later Currently Editing it.

Katerine

Butterfly123
Prologue

Every 14 year old dream’s about right? Pinky she dreamed of having a proper family a mum and a dad but
what she got was a dad who she only meet once in her life, who also lived all the way in England and a
mother who was lying on her death bed with cervical cancer and who had only days to live, and it was
killing Pinky every time she saw her mother getting weaker.
Pinky naturally presumed that she would live with her grandmother and granddad here in Thailand, where
she could be with the man she loved, even though she knew she was a little to young for love but she
knew what she felt. But oh was she wrong.
“I don’t want to go!” Pinky Cried to her mother who was lying in the hospital bed.
Her mother wiped the tears off Pinky’s cheek “I know honey, but you have to”
“B-but why?” Pinky Stammered, then she burst into even more tears.
Pinky’s mum sighed “I’ve told you already sweetheart, if mummy can’t look after you and give you the
best then, I want people who can and that is you father.”
“Why can’t I live with P’Ken?”
“Because I want your father to, Pinky”
“I only meet my father once! And I’m 14 years and I can look after myself”
“Pinky Please! Be reasonable please.”
Pinky sniffled.
When the hospital room door opened, Pinky turned to see the man she only meet once walked in to the room.
Pinky stared up at him.
“Pinky” He said with a sharp nod.
Pinky quickly turned around and hugged her mother tightly.
“I don’t want to go Mummy” She cried.
“I know sweetheart, I know” Her mother simply replied, returning the hug as tightly as she physically
could.
Then suddenly her mothers arm went limp and all the machines went off around them.
“MUM! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!” Pinky screamed shaking her mum.
“Pinky let her go. She’s gone” Her father said from behind her putting his hands on her shoulders.
Pinky turned around and put her arms around her father’s waist and hugged him tightly.

___

It had been a week since her mother had died and the funeral had only been the day before.
Pinky was sat on her mum’s bedroom floor, when the door opened. Pinky didn’t even turn around to see
who entered; she already knew it would be Ken.
“Pinky it’s time to go, your dads waiting outside in the car.” He said walking up to her and crouching
down next to her and putting his arms around her.
Pinky looked up to him smiling down at her, so Pinky let a weak smile curve her lips.
“I love you, P’Ken” she said and gave him a quick peck on the cheek.
“Me too, Pinky” he replied hugging her tightly. “You ready to go?”
Pinky nodded and allowed Ken to help her up.
When they got outside they saw Pinky’s father standing by the car with the passenger door open.
“You ready?” He asked her.
Pinky nodded and turned around to and ran and gave her grandmother and granddad both a tight hug and
ran to Kwan her best friend and hugged her.
Then she walked up to Ken and gave him a hung
“I love you, and when you’re older I’ll come find you” he whispered in her ear and kissed her on the
forehead then let her go and walked back into the house.
When he walked in the house, he looked out the window to see Pinky getting into the car and drive
away, that’s when he let the tears run.​

Katerine

Butterfly123
Chapter 1

10 years later

“Pinky!” a women shouted next to Pinky who was currently still sleeping in bed.
“Go away” Pinky groaned and turned in her bed.
“Pinky, get up! It’s 2 pm!” The women said pulling Pinkys blankets away “2pm! Pinky!
“It’s the weekend leave me alone” Pinky replied pulling back the covers.
“PINKY AMELIA ROBERTS!”
Then suddenly freezing cold water was poured all over Pinkys face.
“AH!” Pinky screamed and scrambled off the bed.
She turned to see her grandma standing on the opposite side of the bed.
“Why did you do that?” Pinky demanded to know.
“It’s the afternoon!” her grandma bit out
“And?”
“And young lady, your fathers downstairs waiting for you” her grandma said and walked out the room.
“Great! Prefect way to ruin, the perfect dream!” Pinky muttered to herself and walked into her bathroom.
The dream she was having was the dream she had every night, of her and Ken living happily ever after,
but it always got ruined by her grandma waking her up and her dad wanting to see her.

When Pinky was in the shower she put her head to the wall and let the water run down her and
remembered her and ken and the Time they spent together.
___

“P’Ken I can’t do it!” Pinky stated and crossed her arms over her chest.
“I can see that” Ken chuckled
Pinky pouted
This made Ken laugh even harder. When Pinky throw the basketball at her he stopped laughing.
“I can’t throw the ball! It’s hopeless I give up!”
When Pinky started to walk away, Ken grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around to face him and
put his hand on her cheek and said “You just got to concentrate and aim for the square over the net”
Then he turned her gave her the ball, and turned her around and put his hands over hers and helped her
throw the ball. When it went in throw the net, Pinky let out a scream of joy out and turned around
gave Ken a big hug.
“Thank you P’Ken you’re the best!”

___

Before Pinky could remember anymore, they’re was a loud banging on the door.
“PINKY HURRY UP!” Her grandma shouted from the other side
“Okay I’ll be 10 minutes, grandma” Pinky shouted back.

Once Pinky was out the shower and had finished dressing she went downstairs to the dinning room where
her dad was sitting reading a paper with her grandpa next to him.
“You called me dad?” she asked
He looked up from his paper “Yes” with a nod and added simply like he had for the last 10 years. “You’re going back to Thailand”
Pinky’s jaw dropped
Her grandpa started to chuckle at the head of the table “Yes you going back to Thailand but for work.”
Pinky could say anything she simply nodded.
Her grandpa continued “W- I want you to be in charge of one of are new hotels that has just opened in
Bangkok. So you’ll be going home.”
Pinky noticed that her grandpa was about to say we but stopped himself quickly, so Pinky turned to see
her dad just sitting they’re with a blank expression on his face like he always had.
“Cat got your tongue?” Her grandpa joked
Pinky shook her head and said “Thank you so much.” She walked up to her grandpa and gave him a big hug
“Thank you, I wont let you down I promise” then she went up and gave her dad a hug for good measures.
“We have some one who will help you. A Mr. Nampan” her father said.
Pinky nodded “When do I leave?”
“Tomorrow” her father said.
Pinky nodded and ran out the room.
___

“Mr. Nampan! Mr. Nampan!” A middle aged woman said running toward the elevator.
Rome heard his name being called out so he stopped as he was just about to get into the elevator and
turned around, to his secretary.
“I thought I sent you home, Dar?” Rome simply asked
“You did s-” she started to say.
But Rome irrupted her “It’s nearly 10 pm, Dar, and I don’t think the big boss man could do with a law
suit.”
“Mr. Nam-“
“And you should have finished at 5 not this late” he continued.
“Mr. Nampan, I did go home but I remembered, I- or I was waiting for an email for you.”
“By who?”
“Mr. Roberts”
Rome raised an eyebrow and asked “Which one?”
Dar frowned “Senior.”
“And what did he want?”
“He said or wrote that his granddaughter should be arriving at 6pm the day after tomorrow.”
Rome frowned and asked “What ever for?”
“She’s going to help you run the hotel, sir.”
Rome eyes widened and deepened his frown “You WHAT?” the last word was a shout.
“To help you run the place, he said you know and that he wanted his granddaughter to have some
experience.”
Rome kept his mouth firmly shut together to stop him from say anything, then he turned around and
walked to the stair, and said over his shoulder “We’ll talk more tomorrow Dar” the walked down the
stairs.

jeeja

Miss SMILES :D
Pinky's grandma is so funny.
The time b/w her n Ken r sooo sweet 2.
Can't wait till Rome & Pinky meets! :D

Katerine

Butterfly123
Chapter 2

“I thought you said she’ll be here at 6!” Rome snapped down the phone.
“Mr. Nampan, you should know what flights are like and she is coming from England it might have rained
or snowed.” Dar said on the other end of the line.
Rome groaned “Well it would have said on the screens, plus I’m a busy man. I got mothers to see!”
Dar made a hmming sound on the other end.
Rome rolled his eyes and sighed “What does she look like again?”
“I image half English/Thai. You have a sign with her name on it? Yes?”
“Yes” Rome let out a sigh before adding “I’ll see you tomorrow.” Then he put the phone down.
When Rome turned around, he saw a young lady in front of him, which made him jump.
“Mr. Nampan?” she asked
“Yes” he said flatly
“I’m Pinky” she replied, holding her hand out.
Rome didn’t say anything just simply lifted a eye brow.
“You’re waiting for me?”
“You must be mistaken” then nodded to confirm what he was saying.

Pinky frowned at the man standing in front of her.
“You are Mr. Nampan right?” she asked him.
“Yes” he said sharply
“Well I’m Miss. Roberts like it says on your sign” Pinky said nodding toward the sign he still held.
“You can’t be” he whispered.
Pinky knew that she wasn’t meant to have heard that but she can’t help what she hears.
“Why can’t I be?” she asked sharply.
That got his attention and his eyes widen in shock but he did reply “err... umm...”
Pinky knew he wasn’t comfortable but it was his own doing she thought “Yes?”
“You don’t look half English/Thai” he simply said, then straightening his back.
“Then how do I look?” Pinky asked with raised brow, she knew she didn’t look English but more Indian.
“Maybe Thai and Indian”
“Hmm”
Rome straightened his back even more and said “Well then ready to go?”
“Yes”

On the way to the hotel Pinky would be staying and working, it was quiet only simple questions where
asked like Is it nice to be back in Thailand and when was the last time you were here, and Pinky simply awnsered yes is nice to be back, and I was 14 last time I was here that
when I lived here
. And Rome simply nodded when she awnsered the questions.
When they got out the car Pinky saw the massive building that her granddad owned and she would be
running.
“Wow this is big, how can someone run a place like this it massive” Pinky said with her jaw still half
dropped in amazement.
“Easily if you know what you’re doing.” Rome replied.
A bit snappy, Pinky thought.
“Well hopefully, your have time to show me around” Pinky said, turning to Rome at smiling up at him.
“Yes I’ll have to show you in the afternoon, I’ve got meetings all afternoon” Rome said sharply and
started walking into the hotel.
Pinky ran up to Rome who was walking fast toward the elevator and then he suddenly stopped which made
Pinky run into him.

When Rome felt Pinky run into him he turned around and quickly gasped her by the shoulders,
they’re eyes locked.
When Rome looked into her eyes he finally noticed that Pinkys eyes where the most beautiful eyes he
had ever seen.
“You alright?” he asked, eyes still looked.
Pinky just simply nodded.
When the elevator pinged opened, Rome quickly broke eye contact and let go of her.
“I think I can find my way to the room, thank you for picking me up and dropping me off. Mr. Nampan” Pinky said and quickly got into the elevator and let the door shut before Rome could say anything.
When the elevator doors shut, Rome let out a loud groan and turned around and walked out the hotel.

When Pinky got to her room, she flopped herself on the bed and let out a loud sigh.
The last time she got feeling like she did when Rome looked at her was with Ken and she felt guilty
feeling those feelings as she loved another.
Then she closed her eye and let her mind drift off.

“2 weeks until school holidays” Pinky declared when she walked into Kens living room with his sister/friend Kwan.
Kwan giggled “I know it exiting right?”
“Yep and well have the whole week to do nothing!” Pinky giggled.
“What you two giggling at?” Ken asked as he walked into the room.
Pinky and Kwan gasped in shock and turned around.
“You scared up P’Ken” Pinky said hand on her heart.
Ken chuckled and said “Kwan mum wants to see you in the kitchen”
Kwan nodded and turned to Pinky “I’ll be back in a minute ok?”
Pinky nodded no taking her eye off Ken.
When Kwan walked out Pinky could hear her giggle, but nether took they’re eyes off each other.
“I passed my basketball class” Pinky suddenly said.
“Really? I’m in shock” Ken said with a chuckle
Pinky giggled and stuck her tongue out and playfully punched him on the arm.
“Ow!” Ken said, pretending to be hurt and putting his arm on his arm.
Pinky lifted her chin playfully “You should be mean then” then she giggled.
When she stopped she looked up at Ken and said “I never really thanked you”
Ken smiled “You don’t need to”
“I want to”
The Pinky went on her tip toes and leaned into give Ken a kiss on the check but Ken turned his head and it landed on his lips.