Do you have any Lookreung family members??

lilxgxriah

sarNie Adult
i'd like to see if any other sarn members have a diverse family as i do! hahaha....most of my cousins are lookreung..and they are gorgeous! i'll post pics later!...

if you do have lookreung family members, what are they mixed with?

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I have lots.
My family in general are mix with other Asians but aside from that....

My aunt's husband is Korean/Caucasian (I think he said he was half Czech).
They just had a baby boy together, so he's part Lao (and the other mix we are), Korean and Czech.
It's weird because he came out looking more white than Asian.

I have cousins that are half Vietnamese.

There are some that are half Chinese.

My cousin's son is half hispanic.

And cousins that are half Cambodian.

Oh and my nephew is half Korean.

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
ma cousin is white british / thai

the rest are mostly thai or mix chinese i think thats about it haha

onahc

sarNie Elites
my nephew is half cambodian
my other nephew is half american
my other nephew and niece are half norwegian
my other neice is a quarter japanese
my niece's son is half mexican
my cousin's girlfriend is native american

what the heck, i'll just throw this in to. my sister's friend has children with a phillipino guy(their daughter looks oriental but the parents look totally southeast asian, she's very cute) and a pakistani guy(their daughter is straight up indian looking).

dfemc

sarNie Adult
yeah talk about a list huh. hahaha... don't u guys think everyone's mixed by now, where would u start? which generational line, from ur great great grandparents, or up to ur parents only? what does being LOOK-KREUNG mean to most of u? i mean in terms of the social culture, do u view look-kreung differently, if so, in what ways?

Tahmnong

sarNie Hatchling
Umm...me? haha
My dad is look-kreung islamic
And my mom is 100% Puerto Rican
so that makes me..look-kreung-kreung? :lol:
I don't know what I look like though, I guess hispanic, though people think I'm half white-Indian so...

Umm....everyone else I can think of on my dad's side of the family has married European/caucasians

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Umm...me? haha
My dad is look-kreung islamic
And my mom is 100% Puerto Rican
so that makes me..look-kreung-kreung? :lol:
I don't know what I look like though, I guess hispanic, though people think I'm half white-Indian so...
Umm....everyone else I can think of on my dad's side of the family has married European/caucasians
islamic? Islam is the faith, Muslim is a person who believes in the Islam faith. hmm, so what's kreung islamic? Is your a father a Muslim from Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Africa, South America, Canada...? Being Muslim, you can be from any country, just wanted to clarify that :D

Tahmnong

sarNie Hatchling
islamic? Islam is the faith, Muslim is a person who believes in the Islam faith. hmm, so what's kreung islamic? Is your a father a Muslim from Europe, the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Africa, South America, Canada...? Being Muslim, you can be from any country, just wanted to clarify that :D
Ahhhh I meant Israeli -_- My bad lol
We're not muslim, though, Jewish~

dfemc

sarNie Adult
Ahhhh I meant Israeli -_- My bad haha..
aaah...i see. wow, yeah that's a big difference from being an Israeli to a Muslim, though there are some Israeli Muslims living alongside Israeli Jews. have u gone back to Israel, the gov't usually funds Israeli jewish youngsters from all over the world to visit Israel, that's a free flight. ^_^

Tahmnong

sarNie Hatchling
aaah...i see. wow, yeah that's a big difference from being an Israeli to a Muslim, though there are some Israeli Muslims living alongside Israeli Jews. have u gone back to Israel, the gov't usually funds Israeli jewish youngsters from all over the world to visit Israel, that's a free flight. ^_^
Awwwe you quoted before I edited hahaha
But yeah, we're Jewish~
And yeah one of my cousins went on those trips, but I haven't, though my dad wants me to go sometime, if I could find time for it.
But the only place I've been to outside the US is Thailand u__u (unless you count connections through Tokyo International, or Puerto Rico, though that's part of the US). Cause all of my dad's relatives that haven't moved to the US already are there

Liberty

sarNie Adult
yeah talk about a list huh. hahaha... don't u guys think everyone's mixed by now, where would u start? which generational line, from ur great great grandparents, or up to ur parents only? what does being LOOK-KREUNG mean to most of u? i mean in terms of the social culture, do u view look-kreung differently, if so, in what ways?

I don't view them differently, my family is my family. As for other people, well with Asians you can tell but not always but you also have other biracial people. It's so normal here that it's not really a big deal, most people are mix with something else whether they know it or not. Most caucasians in the US don't really know that their ethnic heritage because they've forgotten for the centuries but those that do find that they're mostly mix with Irish, Scottish, Dutch or German descent, you get a lot of Native American mixes too.
Being mix doesn't mean anything to me, it just means it's a pain in the butt to try to figure out where you came from and trace your heritage.
I try to go back as far as I can.

Rakniran

yeah,my most beautiful nieces.
Shes half lao/peru shes from 2nd oldest sis
second one is lao/thai/viet shes from the last girl in my family
third one is lao/white shes from my oldest

there are four girls in my family.
all three girls has 1 little girl.
Im the only one with no kid.
me not married til 8-08-09

Well, I'm 10/16 Cantonese, 2/16 Thai, 3/16 Chinese, 1/16 Indian...I think :p I think I look more Thai/Chinese, what do you think?*** As for the Indian thing that's my great grandfather :)

*** =

Liberty

sarNie Adult

My cousins with my grandparents. Please ignore grandma's crazy hair, it was an early morning. lol
L-R: Logan (6 months, Korean, Lao and other mixes, Czech-American), Alliyah (1.5 years Lao mix/Cambo), Kayden (2 years Lao mix/Mexican-American).

My 4 year old nephew Dylan (Lao mix/Korean).

dfemc

sarNie Adult
OMG, they are sooo adorable, especially dylan and his smile. he's a charmer at a young age already. thnx for responding to the questions liberty, yes, it's true in terms of the pain of tracing one's heritage.

and stardust, that's a cute photo and i can definitely see ur ethnicities shine.

this is getting to be a pretty fun thread afterall :lol: